MARINES BTFO

> The roughly hour-long Combat Obscura, assembled from material that Lagoze and other cameramen shot from 2011 to 2012 (and which he revisited years later while enrolled in Columbia’s film program), shows us what’s been left out from years of state-sanctioned publicity. Unsurprisingly, the results aren’t pretty. (On the grounds that the raw footage was captured with government-owned equipment, the USMC threatened, but did not follow through, with legal action against Lagoze.)

>Anyone who still thinks of America’s presence in Afghanistan as a heroic affair will be swiftly disabused of that notion.

film.avclub.com/the-gripping-numbing-combat-obscura-detonates-fantasie-1833223425

This docu will destroy crayon eaters' image.

Attached: 1543497372498.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Black-Hearts-Platoons-Descent-Triangle/dp/0307450767
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow Marines kill people? I never fucking knew.

Whats the point? To show that Marine grunts aren't great people? No shit. I don't want my country's grunts to be great people. I want them to be great killers.

no, this docu will portray them as retards with guns.

Does it also reveal what color the sky is? The people need to know the truth.

Really? Whoda thunk it.

Ok? If you spend time with any Enlisted no matter the branch you’d realize that they’re all Jackasses

I don't want to give them views, what are some examples?

What makes a good person isnt what makes a good soldier.

Marine here, hopefully this redpills the public and helps to wake up boomers to these bullshit wars. But we all know the boomers are only concerned about the next marvel movie

To the surprise of absolutely no one.

>no link to video
>posting some cucks opinion about it

LOL STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

>This docu will destroy crayon eaters' image.

lol,
t. zoomer

The US government was droning civillians en masse when you were walking around in poopy diapers
A handful of retarded Marines, doing retarded shit isn't going to change that my friend

Oh, you wanna see something that's going to ruin the Army's reputation?
Go read "Black Hearts [Published Feb, 2011]"
amazon.com/Black-Hearts-Platoons-Descent-Triangle/dp/0307450767

Going to DESTROY the US military... any day now.

As a muhreen grunt who deployed to afghanistan during that time period, I'm actually extremely interested to see this. I even knew a few guys in 1/6, maybe they'll pop up . Should be a pretty hilarious nostalgia trip.

The only reason we lost Afghanistan and Iraq was due to the incompetence of our leadership, and the lack of resolve of our public. A bunch of 19 year old boys in the presence of their buddies do not need to be taught how to terrorize a bunch of foreigners into submission. They know it in their bones as the riders behind Temujin did.

What a noserve faggot. Don't you have some dick to be riding right now?

>holy shit you guys, infantrymen tend to be a gaggle of fucking knuckle dragging troglodytes and/or vague sociopaths!

>in other news, cows go "moo"

Attached: 1546189974790.jpg (640x640, 32K)

>that part where a marine is lasering a little kid

I know people get swept like it’s all good during combat and they were all bored as fuck but still. Marines are known to do dumb shit so it’s probably not as bad as the shit we don’t see.

My dad was a marine back in the Gulf War and he knew a guy that beat a camel to death with a pickaxe.

Attached: DC13F607-E4A2-4D4A-9647-8F6CB5C66477.png (160x198, 56K)

No one will see this crap or even care.

was pic related your dads friend?

Attached: removecamel.png (225x400, 12K)

At least it won't be hollywood "thin red line" crap where some infantry guy has time ponder deep philosophical questions in the middle of bloody battles with the Japanese.

You revert to animal instincts in combat. War movies are not reality.

But they are and we love them for it

>this docu will portray them as retards with guns.
I somehow think the Marines will survive that characterization.

Attached: Photo by Iwaria via Iwaria.jpg (2160x1440, 499K)

Holy shit nobody has ever thought that about muhreens.

I cant wait to watch it and miss it. Been thinking of going to the viewing in Seattle.

Attached: Snosgr.jpg (1244x2560, 805K)

seconding this. My favorite aspect of Generation Kill was how it portrayed the Marines in morally ambiguous manner.

>retards with guns
Nobody said they weren't

They also gleefully obey orders to do nothing while their allies rape children in their bunks, traffic children for child prostitution, and traffic in epic amounts of drugs
And then they get targeted as recruits for Law Enforcement, and are given looser RoE and the implicit and explicit notions that their asses will be covered no mattered what

Shit, I was deployed in 2011. I'd love to watch this and have some good laughs.

Attached: lance in the desert.jpg (1084x864, 285K)

Wait, is crayon eater supposed to be an offensive epithet?

what unit brother? i was 3/8. pic related was home sweet home in 2010-11. As shitty as it was, I miss the place.

Attached: DSCF0562_1.jpg (1600x1200, 772K)

Underrated post
>F

I know a Gulf War vet that, if his stories are to be believed, told a guy that was trying to surrender to run into the desert and then when the Iraqi ran about twenty paces away they started throwing hand grenades at him for fun.

eh I could believe some random unit used someone surrendering for target practice even if it would be a little out there story but tossing hand grenades that close is made up by someone who has no idea how big the blast is from one.

I may have the distance wrong, but the guy was combat arms. I'm assuming he would be familiar with the blast radius of a typical hand grenade.

UNPRECEDENTED!!!!

It's not just that, though. I can see expending some extra ammo for something like that, but units tend to track grenades like each and every one is a newborn baby. I don't see a bunch of grenades going "missing" and no one making a fuss.

Exactly correct. The story is a falsehood. A fun thought - nevertheless untrue.

Idk about the Iraqis but I know that with the Afghanis they are literally just too retarded to set up a good form of government. It's our mistake for thinking that we could help them

The crayon munchers aren't a bunch saints? WHOD HAVE FUCKING THOUGHT WOW
Hell I'm shipping to boot soon and expect nothing less from 90% of the infantry. Their job is to kill so you don't. Dumbass.

The only time that is (almost) untrue is when there's a quick, expeditionary mission. Shit gets lost Quick Fast and in a Hurry.

So do you typically just take over a compound from a suspected terrorist, clear it, and make your FOB there or are these places sold/leased from their owners that are in tight with the government?

Anyone got a torrent?

Attached: 1552130032723m.jpg (990x1024, 76K)

It's almost like it's their image or something

You got "The few the proud the brave" and "YEEHAW LETS BLOW SHIT UP AND FUCKING STOMP BABIES"

Couldn't you at least placed the word entirely inside the black square?

My dad was mad as hell when those Marines got flak for pissing on dead insurgents. He told me when he was a Marine in Vietnam if they found a wounded female Vietcong they would piss on her then shoot her. I learned lots of fucked up things he and other Marines did in Vietnam. In a way I'm sort of glad at least some Marines are still barbaric tards that haven't been pussified like most of the military.

Trust me, mister. We, in the US Army Infantry are keeping that spirit alive.

The area we were in was very rural, and heavy vehicles could not reach them due the twisting network of irrigation ditches and soft soil, so we would insert via osprey and take over the compound. We hopped around to a new compound every month or two. In one case the new compound we were moving to was defended by two fighters shooting at us from behind the mudbrick walls as we advanced. The SMAW gunners destroyed the firing points and killed both fighters. Inside we found stashes of opium and weapons.

>are these places sold/leased from their owners that are in tight with the government?

There is no effective government in Helmand province, and the area we were fighting in had been largely deserted by the locals due to the intense fighting. The only people there were military aged males. I literally went 5 months without even laying eyes on a human female in the flesh.

Attached: DSCF0595_1.jpg (1600x1200, 705K)

>laying eyes on a human female in the flesh
Welcome to Army Infantry school. Well, not anymore... Fuck.

Attached: 1551492110299.png (250x242, 7K)

Attached: 1525997858210.png (858x960, 613K)

In the Marines, they are keeping the female grunts in two battalions. There's only like 20 or 30 of em anyway. 22/24 Marine infantry battalions are still male only.

Fucking sweet. Way to be USMC.
-Former Infantry NCO

kek

These poor savage things will never embrace salvation...we shall have to rape it into them

>you must be 18 to post here

Attached: 897DEB1F-C0EF-48D0-96AC-669531BADF2C.jpg (112x112, 2K)

Worked with a boomer who was a Marine in Vietnam. Asked him for stories. Told me about how they'd take VC prisoners up in helicopters to interrogate them. Then throw them out if they didn't answer.
>hedidntflysogood.jpg

My grandpa was in 1st cav, he did the same shit. They would fly in a circle then drop down to just a foot off deck before throwing them blidnfolded from the chopper. Sometimes they'd have two on board and would fly low and slow. Throw ome of them out the door and the other would hear his scream drowned out by the rotors. The gook still on the chopper thought his buddy just died so he would start talking.

My grandpa's favorite game was to wrap c4 around trees to clear LZ's. They would strap a gook to one of the trees and rig each charge to a seperate clacker and play vietnamese roulette.

>Hell I'm shipping to boot soon and expect nothing less from 90% of the infantry. Their job is to kill so you don't. Dumbass.
Cringe
You’re gonna ride a desk for 4 years

Armies everywhere are retards with guns. If they were good for something else they wouldnt have to be patrolling minefields.