Is this the inevitable future of firearms?

Is this the inevitable future of firearms?
youtube.com/watch?v=8qP6Q9ZEsEo

Attached: etronx.png (1143x267, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/technology/gear/reviews/a211/1277311/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>failed conclusively almost 2 decades ago
Nah

hope so. I want to trigger one via an app, miles away from the actual gun.

Not gonna watch the commie but whats different about this gun?

I still don't know what has you people thinking Ian is a commie.

popularmechanics.com/technology/gear/reviews/a211/1277311/

With all the facial expressions he has I wouldn't put it past him to have a vibrating dildo up his ass, held in by the spring tension of his red thong during these videos.

>project fails miserably
>video explains in detail every reason it failed
>"IS THIS THE FUTURUEE GUYSS?!?!?!?"
you are legitimately retarded

Attached: 1535041270849.png (534x588, 267K)

idk smoothbrain is it being used by literally anyone?

>Is this the inevitable future of firearms?
1.Video clearly explains several reasons it won't be.
2. Changing the status quo on something so engrained and simple is both a waste of money and completely pointless.
3. I bet your moms cooking sucks.

electric primers? yes

I only see it becoming more common in bullpup designs. Having the trigger connected to an electrical circuit to fire and ammo would mean no more squishy feeling triggers due to transfer bars. But then that would mean the gun needs a power source. My ideal for that would be a dynamo of some kind that generated the power when the trigger was pulled, but there's probably not enough for that. So the power would either come from a battery or crank like on the side of the G11.
For traditional styled guns, electric primers and firing really do not have any advantage over a mechanical system.

EtronX failed, but 20mm has been electrically primed since the 50's.
EtronX also made a ton of mistakes unrelated to the core feasibility of the technology. Shit QC on ammo in a accuracy focused market, targeting the wrong market etc.
Theres legitimate reasons to incorporate it into whatever comes next, just not enough to justify by itself. Not unlike improving the m4 - none of the individual changes are worth it but if something bigger like PCTA comes, there are lots of small updates to incorporate.

Y'know, all those things could also be said for Gyrojet.
But nobody seems to be clamoring to bring that back.

Gyrojet has performed reliably in a real life, military environment for 60 years? Gyrojet has advantages applicable to a modern assault rifle? People buy pistols, and gyrojet marketed their pistols, for high precision shooting? Gyrojet had a market it actually would have been relevant in?
No, basically none of that can be said of gyrojet.

>20mm has been electrically primed since the 50's.
Really? Genuinely curious, could you give me an example?

>Take a lot of the production cost out of an $600 rifle.
>Add basically no new functionality.
>Try to sell it for $2000.
The firing system wasn't why the gun failed.

the ultimate future of firearms is a worldwide ban

t. new Zealander

this...

seriously, if you're going to do something fucking extreme with the trigger at least put it into a platform that warrants it.

You know what mechanical triggers are really fucking good in? Bolt action rifles.

You know where you could gain the most value from this system?

semi-automatic bullpups.

why did he feel the need to show me his smartphone when he said "smartphone"?

Most famously the M61 Vulcan and its derivatives which are used by a whole host of nations are electrically primed and as a direct result of its popularity a bunch of other 20x102mm weapons are also. There's even an electrically fired version of the Anzio 20mm AMR so it can share ammunition.
Electrically primed ammunition was actually inherited from artillery where it's been around even longer.

I think he's talking about in tanks.
>Gyrojet has performed reliably in a real life, military environment for 60 years?
What are rockets?
>Gyrojet has advantages applicable to a modern assault rifle?
In theory, sure.
>People buy pistols, and gyrojet marketed their pistols, for high precision shooting?
The company behind it did a lot of retarded things, and impossible accuracy claims was one of them.
>Gyrojet had a market it actually would have been relevant in?
If they hadn't cut every possible corner with production at every opportunity to the point of the guns being toy-quality and the ammo being made by chain smokers with drill presses, then it could have filled the mid-range pistol niche pretty well at the time.

>batterie

nope not the future of guns, armys (ie the main consumer of guns) want shit that wont run out of juice leaving you with a useless piece of junk

>I think he's talking about in tanks.
No 20x102 (big one in pic related) is electrically primed.
>What are rockets?
Not the same. The priming in 20mm is identical in implementation to smaller caliber weapons. A gyrojet is not. Even unguided rockets are very different.
>In theory, sure.
You literally cannot make a SCHV that will fit inside an assault rifle pattern
>If they hadn't cut every possible corner with production at every opportunity to the point of the guns being toy-quality and the ammo being made by chain smokers with drill presses, then it could have filled the mid-range pistol niche pretty well at the time.
No, it wouldn't have. Even with better QC, the lock time and low muzzle velocity made it a terrible pistol.

Attached: 50BMG_size_comparison.jpg (1668x2098, 707K)

Even a basic bitch chink LiPo battery from some dodgy seller on Aliexpress could last you well over 1000 shots before recharging nowadays.

The real reason why electric-fired guns will never make it (back) into civvie ownership is because there's no market. You can't make a semi-auto, because it would be easy to hack and nobody would want the legal headaches (especially after all the recent shooting sprees), and electric bolt-actions are pointless. And since gun makers rely on the civvie market for their profits (there's a limit to how much you can grift the government, and it's usually for high-tech shit like ships, planes, missiles etc.), they don't want to bother with the research costs.

yes

Attached: Bmfy3WP.png (1142x804, 726K)