Can Jow Forums give me a good reason not to buy a mossberg 500 flex?

Can Jow Forums give me a good reason not to buy a mossberg 500 flex?

450 for two barrels, 20 and 24, light, laser, stock, pistol grip, shotgun shell holder.

Attached: mossberg.jpg (600x388, 227K)

for the same reason that its stupid to buy the cookware set with 8 pots and pans when you're only going to really use two or three of them.
for the same reason its stupid to build a pc that boots 4 different operating systems - you're only going to use one 99% of the time
its a gimmick to separate children from their allowance.

this
normal non flex gun already has removable barrels. flex is just furniture. how much will you ever swap furniture? how important is it to install a stock in under a minute vs 10 minutes with a screwdriver?
are you really going to carry around a stock and a pistolgrip at the same time so you can swap them out on the fly?
then theres the aftermarket almost all of the 500 aftermarket furniture isnt flex compatible but all of those stock shapes are available in a non flex form.

I just want a turkey shotgun that can also do home D. seems like a reasonably priced option. most mossbergs i have seen are 300 alone. new barrel is like 200.

I’ve seen a Mossberg 500 combo that comes with 18.5” and 28” barrels and is sold for like 350. Search “Mossberg 500 combo” on gun.deals.

Go for it. My wife and friends now join me at the range to shoot clays. They all put their favorite stock/grip and forend on. My no guns buddy finally ordered his own is now talking about a Glock over the summer.

Attached: CCA9DFFA-EC80-4B7C-B9C9-6C976D06DEF8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

Get a regular mossberg 500, get a 18inch security barrel and a 24+inch field barrel. The traditional stock will be fine for either purpose.

Not him, but if someone had a mossberg with a 20" barrel with 7 shot tube, do you need a new tube for the longer barrels?

get it

well it's a Mossberg. You could just get one good Benelli or Beretta for that much.

>20" + 24" barrel
>shotgun laser
Worthless. Does the thing even come with chokes?

Value wise, I guess that's alright. I bought two when Wal-Mark was getting out of the salt weapons market but they only came with the normal stock, basic recoil pad, and pistol grip. I kinda wish I had normal 500s, though. You can't put any aftermarket forends on them and the tri-rail thing is kinda stupid.

No you don't , just swap barrels

You sure the barrel nut will line up with the shot tube correctly?

I mean if I wanted to use it for hunting I'd obviously need to use the magazine plug if it I was hunting waterfowl or anything at all really where I live.

While on the topic of barrels, I got one of those persuader models, it's like a 20 inch barrel I believe and the screw comes right up to the end of the barrel. I have been looking to get a longer barrel for clays and so on. Is there any options for that I'm just not finding or does it just come down to having to replace the mag tube all together?

Most barrels will mention that they are for certain size tubes. If you have a 7 shot tube, then you need either a barrel that fits a 7 shot tube, or a new barrel and new tube if I'm not mistaken. A 6 tube probably won't reach far enough to a 7 shot barrel. So yeah, you'll need a smaller tube too; on top of that, most magazine tubes come from the factory with loctite on the threads so you'll need either a gunsmith to get that off or a heat gun to melt the loctite.

>dat mask

Attached: 1516298474032.jpg (500x359, 30K)

>dat mask

Attached: data.png (522x593, 325K)

all you need is the short 18" and 28" barrel and a flashlight tied to the front of the gun.

>no scope
>no funny furniture
>no rails
>just free balling with ducktape

Because the 500 Thunder Ranch model exists.

plastic stocks

>dat mask

Attached: BE7DDE81-DDAD-4800-8956-B4D98DF53F1E.jpg (1024x1018, 103K)

>good benelli for 450
Where dumbass

there are more interesting meme shotguns out there

if you want a 500, just get a 500

Attached: bp12-12ga-bullpup_3_web.png (1000x584, 525K)

>for the same reason its stupid to build a pc that boots 4 different operating systems - you're only going to use one 99% of the time
But it’s the same price no matter how many OSs you want to install tho