Using one Sword is CLEARLY BETTER than using two swords

I mean fucking obviously, for anyone who knows anything about swordplay. Any swordsman worth his salt knows that a single two handed sword will always beat someone wielding two separate one handed swords.

First of all, being a swordsman is about SPEED, and you can't be nearly as fast with two clunky pieces of metal in your hands. Plus that's two weapons to think about, two weapons to distract your attention away from the fight. You'll get tired so fast using two swords that you might as well not even fucking bother.

>B-but two is better than one

No it fucking isn't. A single sword with the proper parrying technique will fucking obliterate any noobie swordsman who thinks two swords is better. You're dividing your efforts in half, and therefore you're gonna get stabbed and fucking die.

>b-but I can block with one hand and hit with the other

Pfffttt.. Yeah, in the slowest, most clunkiest way possible. No swordsman is gonna fall for your piss poor double sword tactic. Go back to school and learn how to properly wield a single sword before you go out there and get yourself killed.

Attached: e8ce04596ed37d854fc2a184698f6c57.jpg (564x705, 48K)

how does keeping your coat open like that in the rain feel?

Pulls out shotgun BANG.
Your cunt dead

two swords were historically rare, but the sword and dagger combo was pretty common

You'd better pray you're not within 15 feet of me or your head will fly off your shoulders so fast it'll make lightning look slow.

Gonna be pretty hard to fire your shotgun without a head on your shoulders.

Attached: ef599d77cc061e390ef04b22820af924.jpg (1080x1080, 116K)

I'm just saying, two swords just aren't as effective as a single sword in pretty much any fight.

So that's why the nip who created the style just destroyed everyone. Ya know, because defending against two live blades is complicated

Why did you make such an obvious post responding to no one? I very seriously doubt that many people think two swords is a viable choice in 90% of situations

But Miyamoto says it's better.

Attached: 5.jpg (318x387, 26K)

Uncomfortable. I bet that woman is pretty cold. Someone should tell her about raincoats that close all the way.

>One man defines what is good and what is bad in the face of a nigh universal preference across the world of a shield, buckler, dagger or nothing at all

In very specific circumstances he said it would be better. He also said that the best weapon in any fight was a gun so idk dude.

Two sword twice as sharp as one sword

Replace the other sword with a shield, though...

>you better pray that there is automatically distance between opponents
Why, there is. There always is, you fucking retard.

Are you sure about that?

Attached: inejiro-asanuma-assassination.jpg (900x540, 51K)

he said that guns were best in sieges, though he pointed out that the guns of his day had some weaknesses, the biggest being they became useless once melee fighting began.

Ultimately he said to be familiar with all the common weapons of his day.

He said it was better against multiple opponents. Most if not all his duels were fought with a single weapon.

>falling for the fake decoy head I wear above my real head
You fell for my ruse. I was a manlet all along. Prep air to dye.

When i trained Kendo, my trainer say that in fights between nito (two swords) users and itto user these firsts usually won.

>these firsts usually won.
....what?

nito users won. Also, you have more chance against them by using short, one-handed blade than this defensive two-handed shinai (which usage is also an other specialization in kendo), but this shouldn't be a suprise

a sword is better within 15-20 feet

Back in Highschool, I Learned with foam padded weapons (official published rules of "Sword Tag"). I wielded a bastard sword two-handed without a shield, and always won against anyone dual-wielding a pair of swords.

I trust Musashi more than you, sorry random fat nerd.

Rain can come in warm varieties near the equator.

Fact 1: Many swords were designed with 1 hand in mind.
Fact 2: Even though it is possible to get some of your fingers in on most such 1 handed swords for more leverage, it doesn't help a huge amount, plus you lose the range and safety advantage of the bladed / sideways stance.
Fact 3: If you are using a 1 handed sword as intended, one hand will be free.
Fact 4: While using your free hand for grappling is a decent strategy, it is risky and is predicated entirely on whether you can get that close up in the first place.
Fact 5: If you're not using your other hand for grappling, you either keep it out of the way or are using a shield.
Fact 6: If you're not using a shield, then your last best option is to carry a second weapon. Doesn't matter if the second weapon is short or long, whether you use it actively on the advance or held in reserve for a sneaky stab in between the usual swordplay tempo; anything is better than nothing.

Conclusion: Therefore two 1 handed swords are definitely better than one. If you're strong enough to parry a 2 handed sword user with just one hand, then your second stabby sword that he cannot counter will almost certainly be his doom.

HEMAfag here, here's what I think based on personal experience and reading.

1. Reach and leverage are a huge deal. Even a significantly smaller man can easily push aside a one-handed sword with ease when using a longsword.
Modern Feders (training longswords) tend to be very much on the large side of things, although shorter ones exist. When fencing Sword & Buckler against various lengths of longsword, a long bladed longsword will be able to poke at a distance (which is quite boring), while a more historically accurate, shorter bladed one can't use reach the same way and is therefore extremely vulnerable, as the buckler is practically made to just beat that motherfucker aside.

2. Using any sort of offhand weapon takes practice.
You'd think something like a simple rotella (round, arm-strapped shield generally associated with the renaissance) would be the easiest thing to use in the world, but it turns out that's not the case.
We tried one out with a variety of fencers, here's what happened:
In the case of dudes who were good fencers, but had no experience with shields or bucklers, they turned out to be an outright hindrance. They could fight better with just the sword.
With people who attend the S&B training, it was a massive force multiplier. So much for the idea that arm-strapped shields suck.

A parrying dagger is a fair bit harder to use than a shield or buckler, a second sword is WAY harder to use than a parrying dagger. Do the math.

3. Structure and shit.
Parrying a powerful cut isn't as easy as just putting your sword in the way, unless you're using a structurally strong ward. Unless you practice this shit like a motherfucker, your offhand is probably weaker and less dexterous than your main hand, and therefore it's very likely that your parries will be shitty.

So basically, yeah, a two handed sword is better than two one handed swords.

Miyamoto Musashi's HNIR isn't a very valid comparison because just like most other japanese styles who do two swords together, it used the short and long sword and not similar blades. The short sword is typically not even 20in long and Musashi's style uses a longer one than usual. It's basically a large dirk rather than a proper sword.

Besides, Musashi's two swords is based on the truncheon and sword more than anything.

Attached: nirkamae.jpg (800x518, 68K)

> So basically, yeah, a two handed sword is better than two one handed swords.

And a giant shield with reinforced edges is better than both of them.

Shields are best when they're thought of as the PRIMARY weapon, that the goal of the fight isn't "beat the other guy" but rather "don't get beat".

Two legionaries with their shields and nothing else beat one guy with a sword because they just bum rush the swordsman and knock him over.

That's only true if the gun is holstered, since you can get close and attack before the gun is drawn. If the guy has a gun in hand, then you're fucked

>teleports behind you
*scoff* “Ameture. Nothing personnel, kid. You never stood a chance.”

Attached: 5D4A45FA-106C-463E-BEBB-96E2D8578351.jpg (667x889, 179K)

bait but I agree. having two swords would give you less control, and it would be impractical. swords akimbo is a product of fantasy. people duel weld swords for display and to show off but not for actual combat

it isn't uncommon for a knife and sword combo. It would be impractical to duel weld knives too because you can't grapple

>teleports behind you
*scoff* Amphhhre. noaffin prphona, did. Uue nedde thdude ah chanth.
Ftfy

Checked and kek’d

>be me
>read this
>grip pizza crust in teeth
>recite line
Your translation checks out

Attached: 992BC00C-EF3D-4407-8ECD-181151549F9B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.58M)

why did you start this thread, nigger? fucking neckbeards need to all die.

we all need to die, user
in our right time, we all do. use your time wisely

based get

Good man. A bite of pie and a bite of pepperoncini is the proper way to eat pizza.