Do you think MREs can have a demoralizing effect?

Do you think MREs can have a demoralizing effect?

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x588, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steve1989mre.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For a few weeks, then like everything else the contempt that comes with familiarization sets in and falls in with the rest of your apathetic tendencies.

Lack of items or poor quality of items included can be demoralizing, yes. The Marine Corps would crumble overnight if they removed jalepeno cheese spread and complimentary crayon.

Just smear the whole bottle of pepper sauce on that turd and down it.

That jalapeno cheese spread, tastes like gods cum.

Attached: TXm5TEk.gif (499x499, 44K)

I'm not a fan.

Contranian nigger

There is something cathartic about how dry the peanut butter and crackers makes my mouth. Reminds me of being a kid and stuffing too many Saltines in my mouth at once just to wash it down with milk.

I never understood how people liked it. It taste like paste.

>tastes like paste
>Marines and Army love it
Checks out

>Do you think MREs can have a demoralizing effect?

Steve seems like the chillest motherfucker out there, so I'd say no.

chili mac>ravioli>chili&beans>brisket>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vomelet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>enchilada

Yes, you need to be prepared for that shit or it will lock your ass up. It is amazing how well those crackers survive in their vacuum pack.

veggie crumbles>tuna>>>>>>>everything else

I never had an issue. When you’re hungry the taste is amazing. It’s just good enough to deceive the mind. Especially if you use the exo heaters

I don't think you know what contempt means.

Also, the way you used apathetic is a stretch. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we can tell you're underage.

>eating meh tier food day in day out while slogging around doing dick all
>not mundane

How bad are the shits when you eat MREs?

Maybe you should reread my comments nice n slow.

>contempt
>beneath consideration, worthless
It's almost like eating the same thing over and over again gets pretty routine and unimportant no?

No.

That's not what contempt means or mundane routine does not dull the senses?

Yes.

Link me to Webster's then.

not as bad as they say

depends on the soldier

Attached: 1528928371393.jpg (409x480, 56K)

I've heard a lot of positive about veggie crumble. But naturally I always snuck the meatballs and marinara

Maybe.

Yeah, but contempt also has the negative connotation of disliking something. Think of the proverb "Familiarity breeds contempt"
>extensive knowledge of or close association with someone or something leads to a loss of respect for them or it.
Why are humans such dickheads to the ones we love the most? The people we see the most often? Family members? Because familiarity breeds contempt. Now, I think that's the opposite of what you/he was trying to say. You/he was trying to say:
"Maybe for a few weeks, but then you get used to it." and that's all he/you could've said, but you/he had to bring contempt into it, which I believe goes against the point he/you was trying to make. Now, upon further inspection "apathetic tendencies" works, I guess? But still it feels (in my humble opinion) like a stretch/pretentious. Like he/you wants people to see he/you use big boy words.

I've heard a lot about the vomlet, but what's the deal with the enchilada?

Yes would you be happy having mres forced down your gullet weeks on end? Also those are hardly big boy words.

Dude, you know what, never mind. Good day.

Wow, what a let down. You seemed knowledgeable.

Bro, you're going about your MRE's totally wrong. Every bag is a new recipe in the making, waiting for your savory senses to wake the newest dish. Trade shit to your friends, make shit, and remember/write down the best recipes. I was one of the only ones to be disappointed when the cheese/veggie omlette was discontinued. It was delicious when you heated the whole thing up, added in some cheeze-its, cheese spread, crackers, and some hot sauce. It was fucking delicious. My favorite was the meatball marinara with the cheeze-its, pizza spice, and cheese all melted into one big mess. Bro, you're doing MREs all wrong.

Wow, what a let down.
Well, let this be a prelude to the rest of your life, kid. Life's full of let downs.

Forgot the meme arrow. Oh well.

Hey, small world. Your mother had the same comment about you.

Oh, yeah? How's the ol' gal doing?

Is Steve attractive?

yes

Attached: Nice.webm (720x406, 580K)

Does the tin man has a sheet metal cock?

9/10 times I'd rather just have caloriemate.

steve1989mre.com

Attached: almost unpleasant.png (384x390, 175K)

reminder to give steve $1 on patreon so he can keep making videos!

as bad as they say

MEEs are better than chow hall food

>Tfw when you're a civi eating Microwaved food and canned food and acting like it's a MRE

Attached: 1552723831465.jpg (500x500, 54K)

>If they removed jalapenk cheese
A-user, I... I don't know how to tell you this, but...

Your definition of contempt fits exactly with MREs. You do develop contempt with MREs, and fairly quickly too. Especially the shitty ones that start tasting like dog food and end tasting like nothing.

Vomit>>>vomelet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chick piss>>>>>>>>>dog piss>>>>>>>>>>man piss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>buffalo chicken

Sgt Ray is that you?

Dog piss is suspiciously high in your hierarchy

If dog piss is high, man piss is oddly high in yours

I'm with you.

and lmaoing at the people who are angry they had to look up words.

I dont have a hierarchy of disgust. As a man dealing with disgusting shit comes with the territory.

It depends which one you get. My morale is increased when i get an mre with candy and dope sides

your same happiness with still be there for something else.

Attached: 413j.gif (320x240, 298K)

think of a brick factory where only one brick is made per week.

i liek past

Nah bruv nothing boosts my moral as much as a meal

Past was better. Now owning people is "wrong".

I've eaten too many to have any strong opinions anymore. I'm like a prisoner that's learned to like shitting in public. More out of necessity than want.

I ended up shitting blood because my shits were so big and dry they tore apart my asshole.
Went to the medic and he just laughed, said "You're skins gonna get darker and tougher the longer you spend outside, and your asshole's gonna have the same thing happen the longer you live on MRE's. You'll be shitting bricks like a champ in weeks"

I bet you also got turned on with all that ordeal, you perv.

Please, stop

Attached: c74f8acfda67a0c9b1dcc9cdd5586022.png (735x1442, 152K)

>The Marine Corps would crumble overnight if they removed jalepeno cheese spread
i would too, that spread is legit 8/10

What about the crayon?

>getting chunky peanut or chocolate peanut spread and a working heater after days of tuna and enchilada
10/10

>tastes like glue
>Marines love it
Theres a correlation here.

what's wrong with the buffalo chicken

drink water you mong
all of it

they would buckle, but survive without it
the cheese is what keeps things alive

I dunno man. My boss (reserve di, former mech during the iraq build up) had me eating tuna creations for months before i realized he was feeding me mres. Pretty fucking demoralizing.

Has anyone tried the maple sausage patty breakfast menu? Thats taken place as my first choice.

Jalapeno cheddar is my jam.

Attached: 1529837352899.jpg (1131x633, 242K)

Memba Pizza MRE?

I'd imagine yes for pogue ass remf units. But in the infantry, airborne infantry and ranger infantry, they are a morale booster.
-11b vet

Attached: 30ni0c9.gif (600x250, 25K)

How come MREs from other countries not only look tastier but also are made with way more love than almost any american MRE?
The scale is:
4/10 love for american MREs
7.5/10 love as an average for rest of the world's MREs

Lesson learned I guess, but still, ausfag, it's fucking hot, and my body prioritised all fluids for sweat above shit

My nigga. Bet it'd be good pan fried

As bad as they say and so are the farts

Because America doesn't give a fuck about it. The military wants the cheapest shit.

remember that MREs are retard chow.

Steve is beauty incarnate

>For a few weeks, then like everything else the contempt that comes with familiarization sets in

So it's bad and then becomes bad? No. The original dipshit did indeed try using big boy words and fugged it up.

Sun meadow chicken salad>mre

Attached: img52.jpg (559x373, 23K)

Because other countries have fewer menu options. They're gonna be MORE repetitious than US menus. Go watch Steve's Japanese MRE review. It's curry on rice 3 different ways. Maybe they can live on that alone, but I'd go nuts.

But the love...

It can if the quality is poor or the caloric content it provides is lacking. The saying goes, "An army marches on its stomach," and having good food and enough of it goes a way in troop morale and fighting capability.

Wish i had one left to try that. That maple flavored muffin it comes with is the absolute tits. And with a frozen chocolate protein drink, breakfast of champs

Exactly. Only the chillest of motherfuckers can withstand a steady diet of MREs without losing their positive outlook.

Contains neither buffalo, nor chicken.

Marines are the grown up version of those kids that kept eating the glue in class.

Go look at what Japs eat as civilians, or in garrison.
>rice
>curry
>more rice
>pickled veggies
>more rice
Asians have one of the least diverse diets of any people on the planet.

That's why they don't get cancer when they smoke two packs of cigarrettes a day for 50 years.

Only the shitty ones.

>they are a morale booster.
no they are not. nothing like being the last team to get up to the MRE boxes and there is nothing left but 3 beef steaks and a veggie omelet
t. 11B OIF invasion and OIF II

Steve eats interesting rations when he feels like it. He doesn’t eat the same 24 meals for months on end. Also he has a clean area with lots of space and the ability to cleanly boil water. It doesn’t compare