Shotgun General

Anyone have opinions on Sellier and Bellot ammo? In particular their 12 gauge ammo.

Also, shotgun general.

Attached: 1552569271-picsay.jpg (721x1920, 351K)

Good on a budget, just like the Maverick.

Stick with the wal mart shit for the walmart shotgun

What do you guys think of the mossberg 930? Decent low price semi, or unreliable poorfag gun? I also hear some of them have problems with the optics falling off.

They're decent, but for semis get something higher end. Mossberg makes top tier pumps, but their semi autos are budget.

I've had some squibs that probably would have grenaded on me if I hadn't been keeping an eye on my shot placement

Target practice yes. Home defense no. I'd trust a slightly more trustworthy source just because you need 100% of your ammo to work in home defense scenarios.

This. They're a fine, cheap target round at 35c per round.

Is it worth it to get my Maverick 88 18.5" defense model threaded for chokes? How much does that usually run?

Also dumping shotgun pics.

Attached: duke nukem shotgun.jpg (500x375, 70K)

Stoeger M3K. Inertia driven and same price. The 930’s are gas piston so they get filthy fast and require a lot of cleaning and tuning to keep them running. I’ve owned both. Also the m3k is remarkably light. They’re a budget benelli but a ton of 3 gun guys use them.

Attached: woodberg.jpg (1600x1200, 597K)

Attached: police 870.jpg (1024x760, 259K)

It’s pretty decent for the money, and I love the clear casings so you know what you’re grabbing.

I’ve had the roll crimp stick in the chambers of a couple pump actions but they were easy to clear.

If you turned it into a folder then definitely.

And 88 barrels are interchangeable with 500s, so just order a threaded barrel. Without rifling they're pretty cheap.

Muh dick. Can't stand irons on shotties though.

Yeah, I'd much rather prefer a bead. I have a posurp 870 with rifle sights, and it's pretty good since they're the standard type and can act as just a slightly more complicated bead, but ghost rings just fuck my shit up.

Attached: bolt action shotgun toz-106.jpg (1500x1101, 280K)

I have one, it's a good gun

gross

>opinions on Sellier and Bellot ammo
Haven't used it yet, but planning to buy some of their 00 and #1 Buck for training.

If you notice, they use a felt wad instead of a shot cup, and the pellets are unplated lead. Both of those will contribute to greater shot spread so be sure to pattern your gun if using them for HD.

Attached: sb_buck.jpg (880x660, 310K)

>buckshot
>rabbit on the box
what the fuck rabbits they got in europe

>Rabbit so large you need 00 Buck to take one down
If only. Rabbit's tasty.

Attached: flemish.jpg (1200x800, 140K)

Hello again

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-100850_Gallery.jpg (1080x1867, 1.11M)

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-100906_Gallery.jpg (2220x1080, 1.38M)

I have a 12ga Zastava M75 I got, it works but the triggers I think may be a little fucky. Don’t know much about shotguns in general but should both triggers be able to dry fire? The rear one doesn’t I don’t think, but will fire if I have a shell in it. Would a gun smith be able to help? I don’t think there’s too many of these in the states so idk if the parts would be able to be sourced if they’re very different from Other side by sides.

Attached: 3F8CA497-CA00-43A1-9CF2-BDD7D9CF9620.jpg (3847x2154, 1.83M)

Post shotguns

Attached: 20190316_113306.jpg (1800x716, 501K)

mavvyboi represent

Attached: 20190316_135216.jpg (3264x2448, 1.6M)

not the same guy but i'd also like to get one and I can't afford something like a Benelli

Attached: 20190316_135321.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

It patterns about dinner plate sized out of my 870 with a cylinder bore, 20in barrel at 15 yards and about tea saucer sized out of my 1897 with a modified choke and a 20in barrel at the same distance, so the accuracy really depends on the gun.

What loads do you guys use for HD? I'm concerned about over-penetration with 00 buck so I'm curious about #2 instead.

#2 or #4 bird is great in home defense ranges and will over-penetrate less than any buckshot. They'll still go through a wall or two though.

>I also hear some of them have problems with the optics falling off.
Oh you sassy boy.

Attached: 1549526041677.jpg (504x600, 33K)

I'm using Fiocchi Exacta Low Recoil 00 Buck. If overpenetration is a concern, get some #4 Buck. I'd love to try #2 Buck but have never seen it...where are you sourcing yours?

>birdshot for HD
It's your life, but I wouldn't use anything smaller than #4 Buck. Anything that'll reliably kill a human will penetrate at least one interior wall, there's no way around it.

It is a good gun. Reliably cycles everything from slugs to birdshot, you just have to keep it clean. Don't fall for the only Benelli makes good semiauto meme.

If you want #2 buck, you want a 20 gauge. They aren't commonly (if at all) loaded in 12 gauge because they don't fit in to stack evenly.

No smaller than #2 bird for me, and shot no further than 40 feet or so. If I were to use a shotgun for HD

Are sabot slugs a meme?

Attached: remington870_pachmayr_vindicator.jpg (578x599, 123K)

>where are you sourcing yours?
Ammoseek has a ton of #2 buck but only for 20ga. I guess for 12ga it's #4 for me.

>20ga
Ah, that's why I never see it. Only have a 12ga. Will stick with #1 in that size range.

Look, you can get frangible 00 buck if you're concerned about over penetration. Turns to powder against hard surfaces but will still penetrate soft tissue to incapacitate. Costs more but you don't have to practice with it exclusively.

Sabot rounds are for rifled barrels only and designed specifically for large game. I wouldn't want to get hit by one but not very practical for defense.

ayy is that the fiberglass slade street heat shield? how do you like it? i fucked up and scratched the hell out of an old mossberg I had with a metal heat shield a while ago, i sold it off but i'm thinking of putting one on my new shotty

both triggers should be able to dry fire, yeah. i've tinkered with russian shotguns, not zastavas like yours though. that sounds really bizarre. and i'd have a gunsmith take a look at it.

it could be like pulling one trigger sets the other trigger, but i have no fucking idea why any gun would do that and not just cock both hammers on open.

Attached: mossberg lucky gunner.jpg (1140x416, 591K)

>top tier pumps
Their pumps are pretty fucking budget user. Not even hating, a 500 is my primary long gun.

It may have an inertia safety. Dry fire the first barrel, then bump the butt on the ground to simulate recoil, then try the back trigger. It prevents both barrels being triggered at once, or from the recoil of the first shot jarring the sear on the second barrel and firing it unintentionally.

What does a "quality" pump look like? The fanciest pump shotgun I can think of is probably an Ithaca 37, but even that's nothing compared to how outrageous break-action or semi-auto shotguns can get.

Attached: kickass shotgun.jpg (1024x575, 137K)

A browning pump shotgun.
I've got the stalker and it is deadly.
It will long outlive me, though its a shame theres not many accesories for it.

The railed pump that they sell for the flex system feels pretty solid compared to the regular plastic flex pump. but yeah. The flex options are at least overpriced by 25% for what I am getting even at online prices.

I always see people talk about HD rounds. What about offense. I ordered some dragon's breath and API. Are they fun is my imagination just making it seem so?

so those mags hold like two rounds?

yup. they're meant for the russian civilian market mainly as a backpacking sort of gun.

Attached: toz-106.jpg (1125x1500, 718K)

I am you but uglier.

Attached: IMG_20190316_230825610.jpg (2976x2976, 2.49M)

That sounds like it may be it because it has no trouble firing loaded. The only negative is the trigger will cut your finger if you fire both using two fingers
Yeah if it isn’t what the user I replied to above said I’m probably gonna have a competent gunsmith look at it and let me know what he thinks. I might try to email Zastava.

For factory offerings, I think Fabarm? They probably make the "fanciest" pump scattergat. Inb4 "a PuMp AcTiOn ShOtGuN sHoUlDnT cOsT mOrE tHaN $300!!!!!!!"

If you count aftermarket companies upgrading existing shotguns, Wilson Combat and Nighthawk do some pretty sweet upgraded 870s. Everything is recoated, some internals replaced with higher quality stuff, all moving parts deburred and polished so it runs really smooth, etc.

>offense.
The biggest buckshot you can find. Unlike with defence, you're not trying to minimize penetration and you're not limited to the inside of your house. Bigger buck is more effective at range and works better against thick clothing. Slugs also work. Buck and ball combo ammo might be an idea if the slug part is accurate. Dragon's breath is a meme and waste of money.

Attached: B11B1E17-2841-4324-84E6-5A52FA99D9BC_zps0czwbihk.jpg (1024x765, 244K)

I've recently bought a marlin model 55 12 gauge. Who can I hire to make larger mags? Also is it possible to get a mossberg pump action with a 36 to 40 inch barrel?

Attached: 345254_01_marlin_original_goose_gun_12ga_640.jpg (640x480, 61K)

Yeah it's that one, just got it but seems solid so far, doesn't look too plasticy or anything. Watched a video of them hitting it with a hammer and running it over, that's strong enough for me

Are those bolt action shottys?

does anyone know where I can get a shotgun speedloader?

This so much. Everybody has one of these hiding in a closet somewhere. Even just a 5 round would be great.

>remington 870
>its rusty

Attached: surprised_alienchu.jpg (374x365, 11K)

Etsy

What shotgun in that pic?

its cute like a pug.

Hawk 982.
>> all metal (including trigger guard)
>> China yes, but any 870 parts fit except barrel
>> can be found for under $150
>> heavier than the 870 but takes more abuse ( I'm at 100 magnum rounds without shit falling off)

Attached: jhHG0fY.jpg (1000x415, 78K)

It blasts holes in things

Is it possible to find a toz-106 in the US?

are the RIA/armscor pumps any good?
they've been out for a while and I've hardly heard anything about them.
I'm interested in them because they're flite king clones rather than the 870/500/1300 copies everyone else pumps out.
they're notably smooth to pump as well which was the flite king's main gimmick back in the day
they're built on original tooling since high standard outsourced their kmart guns and later everything as their fortunes declined.

Attached: rishotgun-8-of-13-jpg.jpg (1000x540, 410K)

I want to know this as well- bump

Posting it again

Attached: Pistol shotgun.jpg (4032x1962, 3.97M)

Mossberg used to make a 500 with a 38inch barrel but they're very rare.

Remington 1100. I just found it on armslist one day and saved it because it looked so badass.

I actually bought one on a whim.

They're... mixed. They're cheap as fuck for a nickel-plated gun so if you live around the coast it's much better at corrosion. The barrel is screwed into the receiver permanently like a rifle, similar to the High-Standard that it copies. The heat shield is dope as hell. The speedfeed stock doesn't really work that great.

The action is super fucking slick, true to its original design. I'm not kidding when you could just raise the gun and push the slide release and the slide would just fall down of its own weight and eject the shell.

When I bought mine I fired probably 80 target rounds just to break the thing in. The first 50 or so rounds ran alright, then afterwards the trigger went from a 5 pound break to a 25 pound break, just absolutely insanely heavy. Then after around the 80 mark, something fell out of the receiver and it wouldn't feed right. It might have been the shell stopper.

I sent the gun back into Rock Island to get it repaired, and to their credit, they have an excellent warranty on all their guns. I got it back a month later and it worked fine after that for another 150 rounds, a mix of target and buckshot and slug, and it ran great. I was confident in it after that and sold it to my poor-ass white trash friend who collects combat shotguns.

So it's pretty much the same case with Rock Island's 1911s. There's a great gun there, but sometimes you're going to get a lemon. However, you do have a good warranty for it, so if you're not averse to sending your gun in or finding out if something's wrong, then it's a slick, fun, unusual shotgun.

I imagine the best niche it'd fill is a boat gun or cabin gun in the swamp in its nickel-plated variety. Good for blasting gators or possums. Dunno if I'd trust my life to it.

1/2

Attached: trench shotgun.jpg (1024x480, 54K)

Attached: eyes.png (285x195, 2K)

I'm in the market for a semi auto shotgun. Mainly gonna be a home defense gun or range blaster, but I would like to be able to get a longer barrel for clays

Attached: 1550178901114s.jpg (250x184, 3K)

This for the most part, great guns with the best action as stated. Heat shield is sexy as hell, make sure to get a black one and not nickel.

Attached: juhlestory.gif (272x217, 486K)

2/2

Really though, if you want a shotgun that's just as slick and you're not averse to buying used, shop around pawn shops for either the original High-Standard Flite King 200 or the J.C. Higgins Model 20, which is essentially the same gun, just produced specifically for Sears by High-Standard. Every time I go into a pawn shop around town, there's always one of these guns sitting on the shelves for less than $200.

You can usually fetch them for the same price as a new RIA M5 shotgun, and the quality control is much, much better than most modern guns made today. I'm totally confident in saying that the old High-Standards are just as well-built as the Ithacas or the Remington 870s of their day. All metal and wood, all machined parts, and just incredibly well put together. If you really want, chopping the barrel off isn't more complicated than using a pipe cutter, but there are law enforcement variants around that run for not much more and usually also have extended magazines.

They're the best kept secrets of the used gun world, hands down. I picked up a JC Higgins Model 20 for $150 at a pawn shop in decent condition, cleaned it all up, wiped the rust off, and ran it for a trap shooting session, and I'll be damned if it wasn't just the sweetest handling pump I ever used. Slick as glass and runs like a champ. That same session someone wanted to see it and offered to buy it right then and there for $400, so I sold it, but damn I shouldn't have. Next paycheck I'm thinking of picking another one up.

The only downside is that, again, the barrel is threaded to the receiver like a rifle. Which I imagine would also make it really accurate for slug shooting, but it means you can't swap the barrel out at all like you can with most modern shotguns. If you don't care though, go for it.

But back on the topic of the RIA M5, if you just want a cheap, new short-barreled shotgun without any quirks that works, pick up a Maverick 88 or a H&R Pardner pump or a Hawk 982.

Attached: 3x_Hi-Std_0900.jpg (900x501, 143K)

I wish more guns had wood. They look so much nicer than plastic.

Same. Plastic is durable but wood just looks so much better

Attached: high standard flite king.jpg (3440x657, 521K)

Did Benelli stop making collapsible stocks for the M4? No one sells 'em.

got same moddel at home too

I picked up an Emperor MXP12 because it's dirt cheap and I didn't own a shotgun yet. Hopefully it doesn't feel too awful at the range this weekend but how can I complain about a $140 shotgun?

Attached: fb0dbecf672655b3e6331dfdbaead7cf.jpg (1000x500, 23K)

Thanks for the information- also, I'd agree that you should buy another Flite King. It sounds like a very high quality shotgun, and you probably can't get most modern guns with an action that smooth out of the box.

I should clarify that this was a cheap impulse buy. I plan to buy a coach gun at some point but I can't find a decent model in stock anywhere.

Aren't those Turkish-made? I hear turkish shotguns have been steadily climbing in quality and I'm kind of intrigued.

Turkish, yes.

I've only pulled it out of the packaging so far but it feels okay. It feels fairly what you would expect for a gun that cheap. Mostly plastic and not the best to hold but not unsafe.

I'm looking for a reliable but affordable semi-auto I can use for home defense. Preferably something I can attach a flashlight to. Any recommendations?

Here u go!

Attached: IMG_20181114_080311.jpg (1233x925, 299K)

My pack shotgun next to my brush gun

Should I spend the $200 to SBS by break action?

Attached: IMG_20190317_143100.jpg (2340x4160, 2.31M)

>Friend says he won't bring a shotgun hunting because "it's cheating"

Beretta 1301 tactical is overlooked. It's in between the Mossberg and Benelli on price

FN SLP

Attached: A50D7D16-5ADD-4A6A-8DDD-D5ED4CEF0F4A.jpg (2949x1184, 2.13M)

Attached: Memewave upgrade 1.jpg (4032x2268, 2.49M)

If you saw it off yourself and don't do anything retarded, who would ever find out? Really, tho, if you're not fragile about recoil, that would be pretty dope. How short are you thinkin?

Attached: 1552735065440.jpg (1024x783, 93K)

Your friend is a negative faggot and you should eliminate those types from your life. As in stop hanging out with him; DO NOT harm him based off of an anonymous losers post. Just sayin, some autists take things said on the chinz too seriously.

Attached: 1552365038241.jpg (391x366, 23K)

It's perfect for removing kebab

590SP?

Cute

>tfw considering selling my cz75b so I can buy a shotgun

Its fun and all, but god damn skeet shooting is 1000% more fun than shooting it at some targets.

Against what game? I'd say anything further than 150 yards is far beyond shotgun hunting range, especially unrifled ones.

Attached: 1449626648460.jpg (640x480, 49K)