Is there a more simple and elegant design?

is there a more simple and elegant design?

Attached: lever-delayed-action-animation.gif (640x253, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-man-behind-a-third-of-whats-on-wikipedia/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that a famas

Yes but unironically. The famas is a great rifle hiding inside of ancient furniture

Yeah. A falling block. There is nothing as beautiful and refined as a good falling block rifle. It let's the world know this man has educated himself on rifle and caliber choice, done his due diligence on bullet selection and is confident in his ability in any situation. The falling block IS the Chad rifle choice.

based

Lever delayed blowback is absolute shit, Famas is unreliable and the TKB 517 failed Soviet testing for the same reason.

Also the wikipedia article is completely wrong. Petersen didn't invent lever delayed blowback, in fact he was only the 3rd.

Anything else OP?

I believe you, but I was under the impression that delayed blowback firearms require more precise manufacturing as they operate via carefully calculated leverage ratios n shiet, were the soviets even capable of good manufacturing at any point in their history? and thats an unironic question I heard they had trash manufacturing in WW2 and couldnt even figure out how to stamp an AK until 1960s but frankly i dont know much beyond that

Attached: famas service.png (1423x106, 16K)

also what are your sources? I dont really trust wikipedia

Attached: tkb517.png (1359x166, 22K)

What is the delayer for?

1. There's nothing wrong with blowback firearms but lever delayed, which is what we're discussing here, has proven to be shit. Elegant? Yes, but not functional.

2. Soviets could manufacture optical stuff well enough so comparatively much less tight tolerances for firearms shouldn't have been much of a problem.

>also what are your sources?
A well known Russian firearms expert and writer who needs no introduction, pic related.

>invented by blablabla
And this is wrong. Why does wikipedia have to be so full of obvious falsehoods? Can't the people who edit wikipedia read a book or something? It's not your fault user but damn...

In 1896, Hiram Maxim (yes, the Hiram Maxim) invented lever delayed blowback.
Then, in 1913 a dude name Kiraly patented his version of it.
Then and only then, about 10 years later, did Pedersen come along.

The patents are literally available online so wikipedia assholes have no excuse for their disinformation.

It's technically speaking an accelerating lever. Quite a few guns have used them over the years.

The way it works in lever delayed blowback is basically: immediately after the shot has been fired, it retards the opening of the action, then it slams back at fairly high speed the red part. It is shaped so that it accomplishes both functions, first delay then acceleration. Difficult to explain.

Attached: tkb.png (1384x223, 17K)

thanks for the info, but how do you explain the FAMAS being decent?

>how do you explain the FAMAS being decent?
Says who? FAMAS is well know to have been, "finicky" to put it politely.

Plenty of stuff about it in French language.

damn, more evidence that wikipedia is fucked

>reciprocating nonconcentric mass
dropped

Lmao it looks like a penis also dicke and balls.

100% owned, confirms lever delay is for hella dumb bitches

OP here, im BTFO

I just re-checked the wiki article about the FAMAS and it doesn't give a source for it's claim about reliability, unsurprisingly. With wikipedia you really have to double check literally every single line, I've realized this on other occasions as well. And fairly often, sources are blatantly misquoted. Not even quoted out of context, quoted wrongly. Deliberately to push on agenda or because the editor is an idiot? Who knows..

Btw have you heard the story about how 1 guy has edited 1/3 of the entire anglophone wikipedia?
cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-man-behind-a-third-of-whats-on-wikipedia/

So yeah, wikipedia really is fucked.

>Says who? FAMAS is well know to have been, "finicky" to put it politely.
Yes, says who? Because I've put thousands of rounds downrange, including in operations, with my service weapon and frankly the stuff I read on Jow Forums is like talking about a wholly different rifle.

Literally came here to say that

delayed blowback a shit

So what's the problem with the design? I can understand delaying the recoil mechanism probably to let the pressure subside til safe levels, but what's with the acceleration? Is it bad because it wears the fuck out of the lever? More small parts to lose?

There is no problem, it's just had less development resources put into it that something like roller-delayed.

lever and roller delayed work exactly the same way

Tokarev action. Short stroke gas piston with tilting block. Servicably accurate, as long as the gas setting it right for your ammo it really does "just werk", and its simple. It tends to work even when overgassed and in any type of weather.

Really, the only issue is the accuracy, that why most European mils went to multi-lug rotating bolt modeled after the AR-18's system.

Excpt that's not a falling block

what gun uses this? im googling "tokarev" but i just get results for the TT-30

The SKS for one.
Simonov studied under Tokarev and Federov and used elements from both their designs in his.
The Tokarev tilting bolt is just an autoloading version of James Paris Lee's 1895 Winchester Lee.

Direct impingement tilting block like the MAS-49

Have a diagram?

why would you need one?

Hi Ian.

Garbage. Any action that isn't capable of semi auto fire is cucked.

Madsen is essentially an automatic falling block.

The FN49 and FN FAL are both similar. But were developed alongside the SVT-38 and 40, but the 49 got halted due to WWII.

>Famas is unreliable
Opinion disregarded. Not only are you retarded and wrong, you are using an incorrect assumption (probably because you're a noguns faggot) to misinform people. Please, lurk around more and learn who your betters are before attempting some bullshit like this again, thanks.

thanks, I learn something new every day

Attached: tilting bolt.gif (703x197, 440K)

just googled very cool design

How is this any better than the usual rotating bolt head? Like, are there any actual advantages?

see
I have no expertise but this seems to be a good QRD

simpler machining operations