QTDDTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

The last one hit bump limit so I shall start a new one I guess. What the fuck is this thing?

Attached: m16thing.png (355x333, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunsamerica.com/959191049/AR-15-223-Wylde-complete-upper-includes-BCA-CH-Bear-Claw-spiral-fluted-barrel-AR15-upper-new-in-box-no-card-fees-adde.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It pinches your anus shut so you don't shit yourself in combat.

But I've been in combat and the only thing that was expelled was cum.

Anti-rape device

If you zero a pistol caliber carbine at 25 yards, you have to aim low at 5 yards, right?

Yes. It has to do with height-over-bore more than the cartridge you're shooting.

Attached: artrij.jpg (700x368, 49K)

Thanks

Attached: 20190316_133504.jpg (1106x2268, 347K)

New dissipator build not cycling with Wolf ammo, will a reduced-power buffer spring, lighter buffer, lighter bcg solve this or no?

you need more gas

what i mean by this is that bolt weight, spring strength, and buffer weight weigh that much for the purpose of reliable operation so you need more gas

Not sure how Jow Forums this really is, but I figure you guys would know better than any of the other boards. I'm a real big fan of listening to military radio chatter, particularly calls for fire (Artillery and Airstrikes).
I was wondering if someone could tell me how a BDA is calculated. I heard a message from an observer saying some artillery rounds were "80 over 15." What does that mean?

"grenade launcher" for colt 601

>5 yards, right
Seven yards an in little guy, aim at the hairline.

Has anyone ever had the rear focus lenses of a scope rattle? should I worry or just call and send it back?

You have to aim high, because the sights are above the bore.
If you were at 0 yards you would have to aim high by exactly the height of your sights over the bore. You have to aim high by less and less as you move away until eventually you hit your first (possibly only) zero at whatever distance you zeroed.

im mildly retarded, will i be able to bore out the gas hole successfully or no

ding ding
see pic related it's a grenade spring for a colt 601

Attached: 601 Energa R set.jpg (1373x471, 37K)

Looking for a good entry level AR15 - any recommendations?

I think the mp sport is nice for the price.

How effective was it? I couldn't find much on it other than pictures of it

Why would/wouldn't a binary/echo trigger system work with caliber converted ARs? Accounting for most variables here ranging from .300blk to those .22 drop-in bolt conversion kits, to .50 beo and or whatever the fuck else. Most caliber conversions should work with a standard trigger group right? I'm automatically assuming here that it wouldn't work with a double tap system for some reason I don't know about but if it does that'd be rad.

my dream is to have a fully-semi-automatic double-tap compact-ass PDW AR pistol (or possibly an SBR) so I can spray out lead without needing to pay a lot for ammo, so .22 with two round burst is the goal. Just tell me why it won't work, and if possible, how to nigger rig it to do so.

Yes, noguns besides black powder and airshit, poor NEET living with senpai and all that, but I do lots of armchair research and theoretical builds for when I'm free to have what I like.

Attached: ^3F96A2BDD099C1099B9A322E54EDA72C007BCEC30606C8B437^tfile_urlpv.jpg (320x240, 16K)

oh also a PCC like 9mm or .45 would be cool to have too but fuck wasting hella cash on decent rifle rounds. I know they make two shot triggers for shit like B&T SMGs and MP5s and whatnot but the versatility of an AR platform would be sick.

It likely won’t work with pistol caliber ARs. The shape of the bolt of pistol caliber ARs doesn’t allow for much variation in hammer shape. Mil-Spec triggers work, and I know the RRA National Match two stage does as well. Im sure there’s a lot of others, but you have to check to see if someone’s done it before. I agree that a binary trigger would be super cool on a PCC but kinda gay on a 5.56

Sad to hear, I have done lots of looking into things about people who've attempted it but it's a difficult thing to search for so best I got is hitting up here and whatever gun leddits for madmen brave enough to try. Might look into taking some hand tools and scrap metal and as I said, try to nigger rig my own system just reverse-engineering how the things work and applying it wherever I might need. In my head it doesn't sound too difficult to make if you just give it the time and dedication but I could be dead wrong and make some runaway full auto chainfiring legal atrocity.

What handguard is this?

I've been looking for an mlok handguard where the front is slanted so I can reach my adjustable gas block. Any other suggestions appreciated thx.

Attached: 1552615008168m.jpg (1024x768, 70K)

Just ordered a BCM 16" BFH Upper. Do I shell out $160 for their BCG or is a Toolcraft GTG?

Attached: FB_IMG_1551712652403.jpg (720x720, 69K)

Are PSA's a good poor man's AR? From what I've heard they're pretty good with customer service. I've normally just always bought cheap quality platforms and then go straight to higher end stuff if I like it. Otherwise I was looking at the mp15 like said. I'd ask /arg/ but they are gay.

Attached: 149114585193.jpg (804x569, 202K)

PSAs are good rifles. M&Ps are also good rifles. If you need a quality rifle at low cost. That is the cheapest good rifle out there.

What kind of firearm would compliment a bolt precision rifle for combat/shtf? If you were being closed in on and were forced to engage instead of scooting away.

can i get sauce on that sight?

thank

I want to start reloading and I dont see the reloading general thread. anyone know of a list of stuff that I would need to get started? I wanted to reload .223 rem, 9mm, and .357 mag.

Attached: 465465.png (800x1131, 248K)

where can i go to learn about gun basics or just guns in general, youtube chanels n shit (or whatever).

yes they are perfectly fine. Especially for a beginner. Do not worry about buying them no matter what people say here. There are alot of elitists here who disregard t hem. Are there better things... yes. But they work perfectly fine.

>t. faggot ass combat Marine

Bolt action rifles are extremely impractical for any possible SHTF scenario you can conjure up and you'll never find yourself needing to engage a target more than a couple hundred meters away.

I don't know if it'll have negative effects, but they shouldn't fucking rattle

>Lee 50th
>dies
>calipers
>powder, primers, cases, bullets
(Optional, but recommended)
> bullet puller
>digital scale
That's it. Start with .357 IMO, 9mm and .223 are cheap enough, and generally shot in such volume that loading them on a single stage press may not be worth it.

How much exposure to CLP before you should wear nitrile gloves? Multiple times a week? Once a week? Once a month?

Attached: 817Og1xdTfL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 12K)

It's a rifle grenade. Think of the modern underslung M203, but with the possibility of packing five-ish time the explosives (and ten times the recoil). Or more.
They fell out of favor in the west (mostly) because grunts couldn't be fucked to know how to shoot them safely. Bullet-traps came around, but too late. Now there are only a few users left around the world, half of which use cup-launchers instead.

Some people are having a thread right now about turning those things into a sport.

Non Jow Forums but I've been trying to find an answer to why militaries like berets so much. Tried googling but it only gave me wikipedia articels about units wearing berets historically but not why berets.

Is it because of the french? Is folded cloth in a beret somehow better against bullets than a helmet? Do the bitches love it?

Attached: Small arms.png (805x447, 491K)

I always assumed it was holdover from the units working with the French Resistance in WW2.

It's a hat.
It's a pretty distinctive hats.
It's a pretty old sort of hat too.
Armed forces hold cohesion very well via traditions.
Hats are tradition. The French keeps it alive, forever.

It's like 99% of modern garments. Everything is iterative, and everything either shifts or congeal into a final form that will endure the test of time. Look up the 'genealogy' of the modern business suit if you want to see a nice example of this effect.

How is the CZ 527 in 7.62x39? It looks like a pretty solid mauser action bolt gun. This would be for my gf, she has shot before but not a bolt gun in an intermediate cartridge, is the recoil hard at all? I have an AKM tuned with an adjustable gas piston so 7.62x39 out of that isn't tough to handle at all.

Attached: 1536007658174.jpg (426x346, 22K)

>your first (possibly only) zero
There is only one zero, though there may be two points of coincidence on that zero.

Toolcraft is GTG for econo BCGs. You need to ramp the price a bit before anything outperforms a basic bitch BCG from a good mfg.

That is an early Trijicon Reflex sight.

Start with the pistol rounds and use a powder that fills the case so you ensure against a double charge. .223 is a little more tricky. Take baby steps.

Attached: digititis.doubles.jpg (750x493, 43K)

Rifle grenade launching as a sport? Link to the thread please.

There is certainly no benefit to it.

see also 30 seconds of google

Berets have features that make them attractive to the military: they are cheap, easy to make in large numbers, can be manufactured in a wide range of colors, can be rolled up and stuffed into a pocket or beneath the shirt epaulette without damage, and can be worn with headphones (this is one of the reasons why early tank crews adopted the beret). The beret is not so useful in field conditions for the modern infantryman, who requires protective helmets, and non-camouflage versions are seldom seen on operations.
The beret was found particularly useful as a uniform for armored-vehicle crews, and the British Tank Corps (later Royal Tank Corps) adopted the headdress as early as 1918.
German AFV crews in the late 1930s also adopted a beret with the addition of a padded crash helmet inside. The color black became popular as a tank-crew headdress, since it did not show oil stains picked up inside the interior of a vehicle. Black berets continue to be worn by armored regiments in many armies.
**** tradition****
Berets have become the default military headdress of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, just as the morion, tricorne, shako, kepi, and peaked cap were each common headgear in their own respective eras. As recorded below the beret is now worn by many military personnel of the majority of nations around the globe.

Oh wow I'm a retard. Thanks user.

Thanks lads for solving this hat mystery for me.

Have a butt as thanks.

Attached: have a nice day spongebob.jpg (600x538, 111K)

>There is only one zero
So you're saying that if I zero at 50 yards, then move my target out to exactly where my bullet re-intercepts the sight axis (say 132.61 yards), I'm not zeroed at 132.61 yards? Even if I fire a sighting group and all three go right through the same hole in the bullseye?
But then if I click the windage one left, then one back to the right, I'm now zeroed at 132.61 yards but I've lost my zero at 50 yards, even though the sights are in the same position as they were at my 50 yard zero?

Just use ballistol

non gun guy here. How many bullets will the average person shoot at the range? 100? 500? 1000? 25?

Depends on what you bring.
If I bring anything in .22, I can expect to shoot upward of 250 rounds through each of them. If I'm there to fuck around with my 96/11 then maybe fifty shots top. Somewhere in between if it's 12ga or 7.62x39 I want to plink with.

The Franklin Armory BFS-III should be fine on pretty much anything. Pic related, you can see the hammer is just like a normal semi-auto AR-15 hammer, with normal springs. Even calibers that need heavier springs for reliable ignition should be feasible, just swap springs.

The Echo trigger is a better design (can't have hammer follow) but the cost is you need to have a BCG with the full-auto cut -- but then that's the most common type of BCG anyway. Any upper that would work on a registered full-auto lower should also work on a Fostech Echo. For CMMG .22LR conversions, Fostech sells a kit that attaches a full-auto step to the .22LR bolt, just to make it work right.

Thanks to the Echo trigger using a unique hammer and springs, I'd do specific research before trying to build one for, say, 7.62x39; you may have ignition problems on milspec primers with no simple solution.

I really don't see the point of using a freefloat tube with a full-length rail and no indexing tabs. The whole point of a top rail is for mounting aiming devices, and you really want indexing tabs for that.

Slant-front rails aren't all that scarce, though. That particular shape (short at 12:00, medium at 6:00, and long at 3:00 and 9:00) is unusual, if you're looking for that specifically, the only similar rail I'm thinking of is Hardened Arms.

But anyway, if you had saved the original image instead of the scaled-down phone-poster version, you could have used google image search to find out where it came from.
gunsamerica.com/959191049/AR-15-223-Wylde-complete-upper-includes-BCA-CH-Bear-Claw-spiral-fluted-barrel-AR15-upper-new-in-box-no-card-fees-adde.htm
So if you really want that exact rail, just call them at (919) 602-3400 and ask which brand of trash they used to make that trash upper.

Attached: bullet_3_612aad88-2a7e-403b-ae21-0ec2f8466f89__26346.1543435978.jpg (1117x1117, 77K)

>I have an AKM tuned with an adjustable gas piston so 7.62x39 out of that isn't tough to handle at all.
you sound like a bull queer, sister

It depends, if you're plinking or training you could shoot several hundred. If you're sighting or testing it could be only a few dozen. If you're just magdumping then who knows.

Any of you ever use MFT ar mags? How are they? Online has a pretty good 5:1 stars ratio, but the one stars show rounds flying out of the mags of their own accord

Not Long Rifle for sure.

It's my understanding that the ones chambered for .22 Short, and thus capable of firing that round only, were marked as such. The ones marked "22 Cal", as yours is, are chambered for .22 Long, and good to shoot either .22 Short or .22 Long in; I understand the feed mechanism works properly for either length.

Probably worth noting that this is a black-powder era gun made from 1887 to 1904. Some people will say you shouldn't shoot it with smokeless powder, and thus, since all current-production rimfiire ammo is smokeless, that you shouldn't shoot it at all. I don't really agree, but if you have any doubts about the guns condition, you may want to restrict yourself to low-velocity .22 Short, or even CB caps. (the gun may not feed right with proper CB caps, but CCI makes CB cap loads in either .22 Short or .22 Long case.)

(FYI, in the unlikely event you actually own the pictured gun, serial 41991, it was made in 1899.)

How many rounds do you shoot a year

And then explain how hardcore of an operator you are that gi or pmags aren't good enough for you

and how gi and pmags are holding you back from an even higher k/d but the whatever mags you're window shopping for will improve your game

or if you want them for looks, why do you care about how they work

are most of Jow Forums vets or never serveds? does it matter?

No you goof they’re cheaper, by like 3$, so for buying multiple I’m just wondering if they’re good enough.

Are you really sweating over $3 to get something that you've already shown doesn't work as well as the standard

how many mags are you adding to cart to take screenshots of that $3 matters

Most vets are retarded and most neverserveds are retarded so no

How does one buy a gun from a online and have it shipped? Do I ask the lgs first for their ffl then buy? My Walmart I work in sporting goods has an ffl would I get in trouble to use it lol?

You wouldnt get in trouble. My lgs is chill as all hell and doesnt expect people to let him know, I've heard that some do. Most online stores have essentially a dropdown menu where you can pick what store to send your purchase to.

Ask an FFL if they will receive a firearm for you. Get their address, phone/fax #, etc.
Buy gun.
Provide FFL's info to seller.
Seller sends gun to FFL.
FFL calls you and you go in, fill out the 4473, pay the fee, and depart with your gun.

If you work at an FFL you should be able to ship a gun there.

I'm wanting to either use armlist or gunbroker. The gun store I've been in like twice is genuinely friendly. I'm just nervous wouldn't no what to do. Iassume since they are selling the gun I want at 370 it's new because both sites been below that price by 80 or so.

I work for Walmart in sporting goods but I know I would get fired or in trouble if I had a gun sent in. Probably go against a policy or something.

Can you convert a Scorpion Evo to .40?

pls no .40 bulli

Attached: CZ-Scorpion-EVO3-S1-Carbine.png (958x638, 51K)

no

Yeah I doubt Walmart is willing to do any transfers.

I’m building a suppressor for a .223 rifle out of a maglite body and I’m trying to decide on how to set up the baffles. From what I understand, a common practice is to set up larger chambers closer to the bore, with smaller ones further out along the length. What’s the purpose of doing it this way, and if I’m using a 5 D cell-length maglite tube, are there any risks with just filling it with as many baffles as it’ll fit and calling it a day?

I get my shit shipped to a local pawn shop. They don't care if I send them stuff without asking first. If the place I bought it from doesn't have their FFL on file they usually provide an email for that information to be sent to. Call them up, ask the rhetorical question of "Do you do firearm transfers?" Then follow up and say "Could you send your FFL info to and could you include my name and order number in the email?"

They may or may not call you when it shows up. Mine don't. I keep an eye on the shipment tracking and then call them to confirm it arrived.

what is the skull statue thing in the middle? It is kind of like a watermark I don't know what it is though

Attached: 009.jpg (678x960, 172K)

I came across a guy on Instagram who was shilling for their mags and he claimed to of "accidentally" ran over one of their mags because it fell out of his car. The mag looked fine and then he put it in his rifle and fired off a few rounds to show that it worked in his basement gun range. I think it was also the same guy I came across earlier on insta who took a video of him using it as an icescraper.

you shouldn't go into combat with your anus full of cum, you stupid faggot.

Was there ever any other firearm that used any similar 'fire piston' ignition? For example any old muzzleloaders?

Attached: combinedsmall.png (1280x1853, 2.6M)

Unless you count a thousand boys burning up the seals in their airguns one drop of 3-in-1 oil at a time, no.

I want to buy or make a hand grip without a stock for my Century Arms 1887 shotgun.
I live in NYS, is that still fine since its not a semi-auto?
I dont intend to cut the barrel or any other modifications, I just think it would look cool without a butt stock.

Attached: 7E32773D-56AB-403E-A4A5-394835E5C5C9.jpg (575x575, 15K)

I have a marlin model 55 12 gauge. The magazines only hold 2 shells. Is it possible to pay someone to make ones that hold 5 or 10?

Attached: goose_gun.jpg (700x525, 49K)

Good places to buy military surplus? (other than hessen antique or Varustekela)

How do y'all feel about pistol grips on shotguns? Do they help or just get in the way? Somehow I have no problems handling rifles like ARs and AKs but the moment I see a pistol grip on a more "traditional" rifle like bolt actions or shotguns it just....feels wrong

Relax my friend

Colt Combat Unit Cock Ring.

About the handguard, what are indexing tabs? This is my first AR build idk what that is.

Also i didn't notice it was that odd of a profile. I thought it was short at 12oclock, and long everywhere else. That's what I'm looking for if you know any good candidates. I can only seem to find short at 12 and long at 6, which is unaesthetic af.

Depends entirely on the shooter and their budget. Ill shoot 500 - 1k .22s or shoot 50 rounds of precision grade shit.

Looks like a bust of someone, perhaps the statue of David with aviator sunglasses. Def not a skull.

you figured it right, some faggots watermark on a meme made by putting text over (presumably) public domain art. probably a wannabe 'dark web intellectual'/alt-lite e-celeb.

friend of mine bought a hi-point carbine and an extra piece of metal was in the box, any clue what it is?

Attached: EjowtjL.jpg (783x786, 54K)

I'm new to Jow Forums and I'm an europoor, tips for buying banned semi automatics in Spain? Let's say that if someone wants to help with the sandniggers problem, who can he make it?

British used them in WW2 so probably no

The beret is sort of a high maintenance hat that instills discipline and character into the soldiers. It's also A E S T H E T I C as fuck so yeah

Some basedboi is selling a good condition SVT40 he got from his grandfather for 300$, is this a good deal?

Can anyone point me towards a good documentary on the Rhodesian Bush War?

Watermark for an old defunct fb page called Stop Being a Pleb, which started alot of the now common "right wing traditionalism" memes.

Zero is always labeled/named by the nearest point of the the ballistic arc that intersects the boreline. The second point of intersection is always incidental and changes drastically based upon bullet weight, height of your sight/optic over bore, and muzzle velocity of the load.

A 50/200 yard zero doesn't really exist, it's just that when you zero a 5.56 AR at 50 yards, it just so happens that the second point of intersection is in the vague ballpark of 200 yards, give or take. But once again, varies quite a bit depending on ammo choice and height over bore.