So, this was the best military jet produced by Soviet Union?

Am I the only one to think that this is rather sad, to see such a huge federation of nations being able to make such a mediocre second-gen fighter their best aircraft ever produced?

Attached: Gmig21-3.jpg (1280x1024, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russian_innovation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Vasilyevich_Fedotov
theaviationgeekclub.com/remembering-absolute-altitude-record-set-fedotov-mig-25-40-years-ago/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Not to mention the catastrophic K/D ratio

Attached: 1522707334319.jpg (3300x2550, 752K)

A Federation of Asiatics and Muslims, ethnicities that never created or engineered anything new.

MiG-31 IMO
MiG-21 was okay for it's time.
Mediocre is good enough user.

They must have invented something. Soviet mathematicians were good, and their engineers weren't terrible if you exclude the actual production constraints.

Maybe multispectral smoke?

>MiG-31
I’d say the MiG-25 is better

>Muh «Slavs are not white»
>t. 56%

Attached: 6296D508-78EB-46E2-8BB6-C730B3E8D730.jpg (526x1024, 79K)

Soviets, like everyone sane, designed stuff that fit within their own doctrine.
They took into account their technological level, production capabilities, estimated losses in a full-scale conventional conflict, and designed stuff like MiG-21.
It's relatively cheap, it's simple to build, simple to operate (not very comfortable, but that was secondary to them), and adequate for it's job.
Sure, their planes were behind many Western designs, but that was absolutely fine.
Until late 80's, their conventional superiority was quite pronounced. Their frontal aviation and AA umbrella would at the very least deny their opponent (NATO) air superiority. Mission accomplished.

What I want to know is why didn't they produce any reconnaissance aircraft like the SR-71?

Why are eurocucks so obsessed? Jow Forums legitimately does more damage to every board than Jow Forums niggers

Basically, Soviet military thinking was quite opposite to yours.
You focus on details, on tactical advantages, they focused on the big picture.
MiG-25 was kinda crude. MiG-31 was the real beast. It had top electronics suite in addition to excellent performance in other areas. Ultimate interceptor.
I don't think they could've produced anything like it, given their technological level. SR-71 was a highly advanced aircraft.

The MiG-25 was also used as a recon aircraft, even if he wasn't as futuristically shaped as the SR-71

My guess is that it was too much political involvement and some decades after the war there were too few politicians that actually had the war time experience that was needed to male the right decisions.

>implying it aint just another vatnik in disguise like always

...nor did it have SR-71s speed, sensor suite, or range.

Or altitude capabilities, or early RCS reduction measures... SR-71 was wildly advanced for it's age.

>they couldn't do it
I knew some burgertard was going to claim this. Sure they could send a spacecraft to fucking Venus but making a plane go fast was too much for them.

There is hardly any difference in their max speed it's just that the SR-71 was more optimised for it.

I should have just said " futuristic "

It's funny how people here resort to ad hominem. I was called everything from vatnik to Mohammed.

Soviets lacked the technology to build anything like SR-71. It was a very experimental aircraft, and Americans built it in small numbers too.
MiG-25 at max speed will literally destroy it's engines and has a range of like 100km. It's simply not comparable.

Honestly it's a pretty comparable feat. Venera could afford (and had) some failures, because it was an unmanned program. If an SR-71 just spontaneously blew up mid flight that would be bad.

Why it is so easy to trigger amerimutts?

Attached: F6FC57BF-5E62-4CF5-8613-7A60856D5220.png (1200x800, 454K)

Fuck off Vassili

This is completely wrong, Russian rocket engines were consistently better than US ones because of their more advanced metallurgy skills and a lot of original aerodynamics research came from Russia. Even stealth technology was stolen from a Russian paper on radio wave diffraction IIRC. Add all this together they definitely could have produced an SR-71, they clearly didn't see the need to.

user...are you admitting...to trolling outside of /b/?

dumb nigger you can just slap ablative panels on rockets and shit, making an airframe that can survive high atmospheric speed without something like ceramic tiles meant to burn off is difficult as fuck

The Su-27.

I don't feel like anything else comes close.

For its time, it was up there
Different philosophies give different results.
Personally, the MIG 21 is one of my favourite little jets
So cute!

desu I dunno if it counts but the Su 32 is my planefu
>has a galley
>has a shitter
>seats two wide
>still tries to be capable of air to air combat
I fucking love the idea of a fighter jet with a galley.

Yes people call it USA

Su 34 rather**

Attached: 1496543605368.gif (499x220, 589K)

This.
To win a war you don't have to destroy your opponents forces.
Denying them their objectives usually suffices.

Didn't Islamic scholars invent algebra?

Tu160 and Hind are likely the best ones that the Soviet did it right

>What the fuck are Su-27, Su-30, Su-34, MiG-31, Tu-160?
Are you retarded?

Attached: su-27 intercepts rc-135u.jpg (2000x1288, 157K)

American "edication".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russian_innovation

Attached: tokamak.jpg (2000x1692, 626K)

>I’d say the MiG-25 is better
An you'd be absolutely wrong.

Attached: mig-31bm (4).jpg (1500x1013, 341K)

>Literally the second comment on the thread is an ineducable amerishit redneck talking crap
>It's Europeans who are obsessed

Attached: murrica.png (489x668, 289K)

>why didn't they produce any reconnaissance aircraft like the SR-71
Because they had knew better than dumping money into a program that resulted in 32 recon aircraft, 12 of which crashed.
>I don't think they could've produced anything like it, given their technological level.
The fuck is this even supposed to mean?
>SR-71 was a highly advanced aircraft.
You are greatly overestimating the complexity of SR-71.

Attached: mig-25rb recon suite.jpg (900x620, 603K)

>nor did it have SR-71s speed
Oh boy, its maximum speed was 0.3 Mach less, how come. Totally makes it a valid argument, especially knowing how Israelis have been continuously shitting their pants about MiG-25 recon missions over Sinai and seeing how there's a bit more than 40 MiG-25 produced.
>sensor suite
Way to talk out of your ass hole.
>or range
SR-71 substantially larger, retard.
>Or altitude capabilities
"Altitude capabilities" depend on the loadout, mr. wikipedia expert. MiG-25 has been regularly performing intercepts on SR-71 as confirmed by third party sources.
>or early RCS reduction measures
This is about as much of an argument bringing up "RCS reduction measures" of MiG-21.

Attached: 1473423569984.png (1305x939, 344K)

unironically the MiG-23

Attached: MiG-23MLD2.jpg (3000x2400, 1.98M)

>its a remarkably short list
>full of nanosecond half life unstable elements > 115
>lists tetris

imagine what a list like this for america would look like. just the number of commonly used websites developed in america would be longer than the whole russian list going back to the 14th century.

>MiG-25 at max speed will literally destroy it's engines
It is a literal meme. The issue with he engine was not its inability to sustain Mach 3, but the possibility of it going into overspeed, which was actually harmful to the engine. And this shit happened once.
>and has a range of like 100km.
This is just outright a lie.
>It's simply not comparable.
I'll give you a benefit of doubt and assume that you're not retarded enough to actually think SR-71 range is listed for Mach 3 speed.

>making an airframe that can survive high atmospheric speed without something like ceramic tiles meant to burn off is difficult as fuck
Why did the US only produce

Attached: mig-25 (7).jpg (1200x1160, 515K)

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but USSR produced the best rocket engines on the planet.

>rcs reduction
>sr 71
>a plane that was creating so much radiated heat due to the speed that anyone could picked it up
>altilute
yeah sure en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Vasilyevich_Fedotov
theaviationgeekclub.com/remembering-absolute-altitude-record-set-fedotov-mig-25-40-years-ago/
call me when its broken

>sensor suite
>today we learned that carrying ELINT equip and a camera makes you so advanced!
>range what range? 20 mins in mach 3 only gives you at about 300km of pure distance before you crash and burn which means 150-160 of combat radius

>No posts on the Flanker series of aircraft
Utterly ashamed of Jow Forums today.

Attached: 5603980E-878C-4772-95AD-6B75E08BBAA6.jpg (1486x963, 73K)

Imagine coping to hard. Phew.

Attached: 1366454118249.jpg (429x409, 69K)

>Reading comprehension
There's more than one.

Attached: su-34 & su-30sm & su-27sm.jpg (1800x1200, 255K)

>almost no k/d ratio
Have to wait until ww3 to post em sexy

I’m aware I was referring to them as a series

Because k/d ratio against MiG-21 and other obsolete aircraft surely says a lot about the actual capabilities of F-15. Right.

Attached: su-27 & f-15c.jpg (1862x588, 286K)

You are not making any sense. "Flanker series" is a NATO designation non-name. Su-27, Su-30 and Su-34 were mentioned. You can add Su-33 and Su-27M to that if you wanna get picky.

Attached: su-27 shark.jpg (1829x2441, 457K)

>Vodka cooled radar that could vaporize into an explosive fuel air mixture in the nose.

I unno' OP. Doesn't sound that great to me.

Just cause the Russians don’t give their aircraft a name besides a designation doesn’t mean I have to call them individually Su-27, Su-30, Su-34, and Su-35. I’d rather keep it short and sweet and call them the Flanker series because they are all based upon the Su-27 which is called Flanker by NATO.

>Just cause the Russians don’t give their aircraft a name besides a designation doesn’t mean I have to call them individually Su-27, Su-30, Su-34, and Su-35
What? You're the one saying that mentioning Su-27, Su-30 and Su-34 is somehow not enough compared to saying "Flanker series". Speaking of which, NATO somehow qualifies Su-34 as its own series. It's painfully obvious you just did Ctrl+F "flanker", decided that it will do and now are going into some really fucking ridiculous damage control.

Attached: su-33ub (5).jpg (719x900, 167K)

MLD was a fucking beast of an aircraft. Auperb acceleration, maneuverability, BVR missiles.

Attached: mig-23mld (2).jpg (2400x1400, 849K)

>Soviets lacked the technology to build anything like SR-71
More like Americans lacked the technology to build something as optimal as MiG-25 and had to go into inventing a fucking single piece production bicycle made out of Soviet titanium that was limited to 1.5 mission roles.

Attached: mig-25 (12).jpg (2048x1352, 564K)

The "shitter" is more like a hand held waste tank, but these actually valid points, I still chuckle remembering that story I once read about that one really long F-15E mission where one of the pilots had to piss into his fucking helmet. You forgot "titanium armoured" tho.

Attached: su-34 titanium cockpit.jpg (1000x725, 228K)

I’m not the one that sperged out on being very specific about aircraft designations. Like c’mon dude you don’t have to shit yourself everytime someone miscalls or falsely identifies something.

>you don’t have to shit yourself everytime someone miscalls or falsely identifies something
I literally simply pointed out that it was mentioned ITT.

Attached: 14439609174730.jpg (500x1652, 137K)

>" futuristic "
Sometimes I wish my fellow countrymen in charge were a bit less pragmatic and have actually built some useless yet amazing stuff like A-57. I mean they invested into T-4 and Buran so why stop there.

Attached: a-57.jpg (617x315, 23K)

I still miss my little lead MiG-21.

Link on the story?

It was just some random occasion from like Iraq War or something like that. Sorry, but I can't be bothered to try to dig this shit out.

The American list is primarily patent abuses of Europeans by guys like Thomas Edison, company inventions via employment of undisclosed individuals and military projects involving US allies as well.

Invention lists are generally 90% bullshit that doesn't explain who "invented" something under someone else, just the guy who took it to the patent office.

SR-71 was only supposed to travel at top speed to avoid missiles.
The Mig 25 and 31 both couldn't sustain their top speeds for long as the engines would burn out, it was less of a feature and more of a side effect of having overpowered engines.

>The Mig 25 and 31 both couldn't sustain their top speeds for long as the engines would burn out, it was less of a feature and more of a side effect of having overpowered engines.
You realize that you are wrong? Like, are you intentionally spewing out bullshit or are you just ignorant on the matter? In the latter case, why do you even bother posting?
MiG-25 was specifically designed to at the very minimum endure Mach >2.4 for 15 minutes and of that 5 minutes at Mach 2.65-2.83. This amounts to 700+ km combat radius at Mach >2.4.

>soviets laked the tech to built a sr 71 alike
>meanwhile they casually created their own concorde

Yes, it's literally an Arabic word, al-jabr. Which means to unite broken parts. From the book on calculation by completion and balancing. Literally ground breaking text for its time, and most people here are sub room temp iq retards who like to jump on memes.

Although funny enough, he talk about Islamic rules of inherentance and how important algebra is to calculate them. If Islam hasn't turned to shit it could have been a pretty based religion for math anyway. It's very merchant and trade centric.

Yea but thier concord sucked dick overall.

>thier concord sucked dick overall
Lol, no. Should I remind you how top notch these canards were back then? Not to mention style points for making it look like a really happy puppy. They just weren't retarded enough to keep subsidizing something that no one needs for several decades.

Attached: tu-144 (2).jpg (1920x1080, 1.16M)

>If Islam hasn't turned to shit it could have been a pretty based religion for math anyway.
Agreed btw, they used to be clever guys who knew how to benefit on scientific knowledge accumulated by previous civilizations. It went down the shitter real fast tho.

Attached: tu-144ll (1).jpg (3030x1315, 1.75M)

Shup Vladimir, your engine was shit and stupidly loud, and fuel thirsty
>lol no supercruise
your canards where a bandaid to shit wing designs, it averaged over 2 mechanical failures per flight. It literally crashed at an airshow before it was even introduced. Also a soviet spy named "ace" stole 90 thousand technical documents of the Concorde and other air liners, so it was literally a bootleg Concorde.

Uncomfortable as fuck to fly on, low range relative to Concorde, short service life, need for canards due to poor aerodynamic design...

>your engine
Which one, dumbass?
>lol no supercruise
I don't think this word means what you think it means.
>your canards where a bandaid to shit wing designs
More like someone's inability to design proper canards. There's a reason the French were jumping out of their pants to take a glance.
>it averaged over 2 mechanical failures per flight
Which variant, dumbass? Tu-144 was never introduced to proper service, it spent most of its time delivering mail, because economically the concept is fucking pointless and the aircraft was pretty much shelved after the SU got the precious world first title.
>Spies spy
No shit, sherlock.
>Uncomfortable as fuck to fly on
As if you'd know.
>low range relative to Concorde
With proper engines, barely. You do realize aircraft get designed in accordance with the needs and that trans-Atlantic was not exactly a priority? Neither was having it in service for that matter.

Attached: t4-1.jpg (1280x772, 132K)

Stop sliding the thread with Concorde and the 144 you fuckers

Tu-144 was considered as a competitor to next gen bomber project that resulted in modern Tu-160, so feel free to fuck off, watchman.

Attached: 160 (2).jpg (800x304, 15K)

>>Uncomfortable as fuck to fly on
>As if you'd know.

God if only a spectacle aircraft with public passenger flights somehow ended up with people talking about how their flight was eh?

Attached: 1481559336888.jpg (682x518, 44K)

I wonder how does the fact that for instance something as "uncomfortable" as Tu-114 transported basically double the amount of passengers in half the operational service time and double the airframes in operation fits into your beautiful unsourced picture that you are painting here?

Concord style craft are not very usefull for Russia/USSR since they have limited use due to geography
If they fly over cities too low they can break peoples windows

This is why they eventually got phased out, they were mostly publicity stunts
Impressive engineering nontheless

Concords had this problem too, they were cramped as fuck
Russian one had the bonus problem of being really shaky at times

The attraction was the speed of the flight, not the comfort

SSTs aren't very useful in general, not just on the continent. It just doesn't worth it, as simple as that.
Well, here's the thing, if it's such an attraction, how come no one is bothering? Truth is the whole concept was only ever really useful for a tiny minority.

Attached: fgsfds.jpg (318x238, 31K)

Also,
>Concords had this problem too, they were cramped as fuck
Tu-114 was by no definition cramped, it was just louder than usual due to turboprop engines.

Attached: 2226026.jpg (1200x812, 430K)

only reaches that speed by fucking up the engines

How about RTFM.

>k/d magically doesnt apply to german tanks anymore

Love ameriturd mental gymnastics

>german tanks
Heheheh, "tanks".

Attached: panther hit by is-2.jpg (800x564, 61K)

>War is just like Call of Duty match.

Don't bother, it's the same type of people who will say Germany won WWII based on k/d.

Attached: is-3 & isu-152.jpg (3000x2374, 447K)

The fact that you can't even differentiate between rocket and jet engines speaks volumes.

>stolen
>from a published paper

This. The Su-27 and its subsequqent derivatives designed and built pre-dissolution are easily the best planes the Soviets made.

Their jets are shit but it really doesnt help that they sold loads to incompetent sand niggers.

the vaunted tiger was, at absolute most, about 5:1
but this is with incredibly suspect german kill:death records, which had rampant overreporting often killing more targets than the enemy even had in the region
a more conservative estimate is 2:1 on the western front, although this is still a rough estimate since this is just all losses regardless of cause
heavy tank to tank combat, where most kills come from other tanks, shows a reasonable 1.48:1 ratio (in the ardennes)
western allied tanks were actually nearly equal in a straight fight, especially once you consider germans were defending
eastern front was more in line with 3:1 or 4:1, better than against the western allies, but still nowhere near as lopsided as a 100:0 ratio achieved by the F-15 eagle

also, context matters quite a bit
a 2:1 ratio against an enemy with a 4:1 number advantage incurs heavy tactical losses, but no strategic loss
but a 34:1 ratio against an enemy who might have only 100 planes in total is devastating on a strategic or even grand strategy level

>i-its just overgerneralization so our losses dont count
>now lets overgeneralize and compare end of war losses of superpower mowing down monkeymodel slavshit planes over and over again that can hardly keep themself in the air in first place, after decades of looting German arsenals and science, against slavshit waves spoonfed by half a continent worth of western economic power mopping up the starved out remaining forces of a ganged up on country hardly the size of texas.

>Well, here's the thing, if it's such an attraction, how come no one is bothering?

Isnt it because you cant do supersonic flight over populated areas, limiting the places you're able to actually do it? I'm sure if thsoe restrictions werent in place, SSTs would be much more prevalent today

Based

Attached: 2- Bartini A-57.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

I'd love to play cards with 5 other dudes while going supersonic, perhaps get shitfaced while at it too.

It's probably not as horrible as the early monkey models that got slaughtered en masse in Iraq and Syria, but by the time they pushed the MLD into service the west was already looking into eurocanards and the advanced tactical fighter program. Unlikely that it was a match for F-15C's, F-16C's and F-14B's.

>muh monkey model
>r-rimon 20 doesn't count
>mutt
>REEEEEEEEE

Su-27s?

Op
I really am a huge fan of the MiG-21 however Su-22m is where its at imo.

Attached: Sukhoi_Su-22M4,_Czech_Republic_-_Air_Force_AN2219330.jpg (1024x683, 195K)