I’m looking to buy my first rifle and I have my eye on pic related, smith & wesson m&p 15 sport II...

I’m looking to buy my first rifle and I have my eye on pic related, smith & wesson m&p 15 sport II. I know it’s a cheap rifle but the reviews are good and it’s on grabagun for only $500. Does it seem like a decent pickup?

Attached: F969D880-7632-4620-B112-38F3CB7FDDCC.jpg (1200x900, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=AERO+PRECISION
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go for it.

They are great starter AR's, and for most people, will be all you need.

Every goddamn day we have this thread.

brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=AERO+PRECISION

Buy once, cry once. You're gonna end up replacing all the furniture anyways.

Cringe
Based

Complete lowers with magpul furniture are 20% off right now on Aero's website. A complete upper purchase will also net you a free pair of sights coupon when you ad their sights to your cart, too. At least, it did a few days ago when I did it. Might as well check out their website and see what they have that you like. I bought a quantum upper and one of their lowers with an SL-S stock. In it for $650 with a toolcart BCG, but you can get it cheaper if you get the normal black AR-15 spec receivers.

>toolcart
toolcaft*

That furniture is perfectly useable. Some people prefer plastic hand guards and iron sights.

thank you frens

Here’s your (You) go kys

Ay, that's probably smarter. I figure OP doesn't care to put much together if he's looking at M&P's instead of building a Poverty State Armory AR though.

Attached: 1550757245115.png (184x315, 100K)

>You're gonna end up replacing all the furniture anyways.
aside from the lack of heat shields in the hand guards, the stock M&P furniture is serviceable dude

Hell yeah! Very great starter ar you can use the lower as a platform for a future build! I would definitely recommend getting some big boi furniture as when I had one it was made for an infant and I kept burning my thumb on the handgaurd, definitely get a heat resistant glove because there is no heat shield in the handgaurd and after a few mags it does get uncomfortable. Dont worry if it starts smoking off the gas tube and starts to discolor, or smell really bad, that's just it breaking in

Go for it OP. I've never had an issue with mine.

Attached: IMG_20190316_193250.jpg (2211x3633, 1.83M)

Only if you are poor

Attached: 12FE256D-9878-4455-9A4E-2211BF8E11BF.png (1333x1000, 3.39M)

muh two stamp

S&W Sport 2s are fine, and grabagun has always done me solid. Remember to pick up a bunch of magazines, PMags, Lancers, C Products...

get a battle rifle instead

Attached: 1552700669956.jpg (861x929, 258K)

Find a non-destructive way to get rid of the logo on the side

Yeah that's a great rifle for somebody getting started in semiautomatics

i dont see any stamps in that pic...talk about poor, lol

>fella wanting to get into ar15s
>asks if fantastic starter ar is good
>is told fantastic starter ar is good
>faggot calls fella retarded for not looking into $1000+ rifles for first ar

No need to try to flex, theres always someone on here with a better ar that can mop the floor with yours, it's better for someone new to have something cheap and relatively expendable for learning on than something expensive they might fuck up

is that not a suppressed sbr on the bottom?

>need

What is that handguard? I hate my stock one

I own it, pretty solid gun.

Attached: Snapchat-1803739958.jpg (720x1080, 96K)

Considering it's a rifle that can be modified like any other ar, yes, most m&p15s arent 1000 yard steel ringers out of the box but they can be built to be if the owner chooses to do so

no, its a pistol with a surefire warden, which is a fancy qd liner comp.
it is a nice setup though, i was joking about the poorfag thing.

I like my sport II but I hate the hand guard, I can't seem to find a hand guard with a heat shield that will fit. Was thinking about UTG Pro super slim M-Lok, but no heat guard. And no, I don't want to change out the front sight and make it a free float barrel.

that guy looks like a giant faggot.what AR is 1k yards out of the box, you no gun faggot?

Just a quad picatinny handguard with magpul rail covers on it

Mad cause no cool jacket?

Mad cuz noone agrees with him and he has no other choice but to be a massive fag enabler

Yes because high end long range precision ar15s arent a thing

nothing firing 556, but I imagine, some good manufacturers make 10 inch 6.5 grendal, or 6.8spc that are.

And you can do a 6.5 or 6.8 upper build and use the m&p15 lower you already have and be able to swap out a buffer spring and upper and go back to .223/5.56

Mad cause no cool jacket :)

I had one and will never buy another,, it would fire one or two times then click and nothing.

get both

I know, my OD bro, hes just upset he cant use a high end ar like a low end ar

Op, I’d go to a local gun store and put my hands on a few different models if I were you before I went and bought one online. I can promise you that if you hold up a S&W or Ruger, it’s going to feel considerably cheaper than say a Sig or even a Colt. The fitment of the uppers and lowers is looser in the low end m&p and ruger models. A colt may be overpriced but you should look into the SIG Sauer M400. Comes with a freefloat MLOK rail at ~$800. It’s more expensive but honestly if you buy cheap you’re gonna end up wanting to sell it in order to get something nicer anyways so you might as well just up your budget from the start and not look at shit tier guns, start at the upper side of starter rifles or lower side of mid range rifles, ie $700-$900

I'm in the same boat but I don't know if i should bother with a cheap gun

Buying cheap sounds good because “it’s just a starter gun”, “you can treat it bad and not worry about fucking it up” but honestly it’s a bad idea to buy cheap the first time because if you do, you are subjecting yourself to a lower quality firearm that is going to be easier to fuck up than a higher end one, so you in fact can’t beat on it and not worry about fucking it up, because beating it up will DEFINTIELY fuck it up easier than a higher end gun. I’m not saying drop $1500 on your first AR, I’m just saying that in the current market, and AR that costs sub $700 brand new is iffy at best.

>Does it seem like a decent pickup?
No. AR-15s are a giant pile of shit. Get a more reliable weapon for an upcoming CW 2.

Attached: 1532132821732.png (743x1120, 62K)

Gee whiz haven’t we seen this debunked somewhere before?

If your ar jams due to fucking dust, you are a moron with no discipline for basic maintenance

It's literally a sealed design, unless you opened it up and scooped sand into it or let dust fill your magazine, it's all a matter of you didnt fucking clean your rifle in 5 fucking weeks in a combat environment

The only true mechanical flaw of the ar15 is that it isnt idiot proof

I myself was looking at pic related but haven't seen much for reviews on the shits

Attached: mini14.jpg (825x178, 23K)

Those are fine but mags are proprietary and more expensive, less aftermarket support and I have heard they get hot quick and shots start to wander off the hotter they get by a large margin.

The mini14 is an alright alternative to an ar15, definitely do some research and look around

>OP doesn't care to put much together
I wouldn't discourage the OP from slapping a complete upper and lower together. It's so easy a caveman could do it.

Definitely jump on that. Cheap AR's won't always be available so act now while it's good.

I bought a fairly basic AR, then added an Eotech, and then a sling, and then a new trigger. All at different times. So you can become familiar with it and slowly get nicer parts if you like the platform.

Pic related it's muh AR.

Attached: rifle.jpg (598x1063, 236K)

Shitty reserve unit gets their shit pushed in during ambush, blames rifles.

Was going to do the same thing this week, either pick up this or buy my old m&p15 back, cuz I need this to operate in the harsh Georgia deserts

Attached: 20190314_111614.jpg (2160x2160, 1.68M)

Well it's perfect fuel for people who take any criticism of the ar15 as gospel and use it to feel superior for some reason because they're rifle goes bang differently than an ar15

I bought two for ~$400 each pre-2016 election just in case. No complaints, get that or the Ruger.

The ruger ar556 does feel better compared to the m&p15, I would have picked one up new with magpul furniture but the last one was sold when I had the money