Alright Jow Forums, after months of lurking I'm finally no longer a nogunz. Feels good, I have to say...

Alright Jow Forums, after months of lurking I'm finally no longer a nogunz. Feels good, I have to say. I ended up getting a 19 despite being interested in competition shooting. I understand a lot if people will go for the 34 to take to competitions but I wanted something good for home defense, carrying, etc.

Do any of you shoot competitively and, if so, what do you bring?

Attached: IMG_20190316_172356062~2.jpg (3555x2314, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7dc128_c8da57977a8c4b53903192fa603fce6f.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You dumb son of a bitch. A Glock 19 is worthless for competition shooting.

That's what I just said you homosex. I'm still down for the 34.

Attached: 1551314939048.jpg (509x339, 18K)

You did fine. Any functional gun is good enough for competition. Since you want to use it for HD, buy a light.

Fuck you nigger.

Attached: 1552593893820.jpg (550x547, 46K)

Glawk sucks. It might work for you OP as a dilater though.

Good. Now buy 2000 rounds and get a membership to a range. Go every week and shoot at least 2-300 rounds per session. Shoot with purpose. Dry fire. Get good.

Thanks user, got any reccos? I was looking at this one but it's kind of pricey. Is this one of those situations where "a light is a light" and I can go for the budget range?

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-173820~2.png (1080x850, 521K)

I'm in. Just went to the range last night and put 200 rounds through it. Wish I could go again tonight actually but have other plans. Gotta get that membership for sure though, the place near me is expensive.

Not buying the Glock 34 as your first handgun like Commander Breivik advised us to do.

Attached: 1550635204982.jpg (720x834, 43K)

>TLR-1
>pricey
Lmao no. Changing the batteries is a bitch, but its a solid light.

>2-300 rounds per session.
>Imagine wasting this much ammo
You're shooting too fast you fucking hillbilly.

Fuck that gay shit. Get an Olight.

>Surefire x300u (ebay/chinese knockoff not bad either)
>streamlight
>olight pl-2, pl-mini

200 lasted me an hour and a half. I'm not trying to go fast, for me it's about the fundamentals and making each shot count. Then again I'm also a resident or cuckifornia so I only get ten rounds/mag. I only have the two mags the 19 came with so it takes up some time just to reload.

My dude. I'll research these, thanks.

>thinking 200 rounds per session is excessive

Go home, Elmer

You stay there much longer than me. I'm in and out in under an hour after 100rds.

Np
>1of2

Attached: obscura1552784949241.jpg (2016x1134, 1.44M)

Attached: obscura1552784928174.jpg (1134x2016, 1.58M)

Glock 19 is an all around pretty good gun to have. Good work OP. Never sell it.

How does Jow Forums feel about a canik tp9 sfx for a first handgun

I just bring my Glock 19+Trijicon RMR in my carry gear and shoot open due to the fact that it’s appendix instead of behind the hip.

I don’t shoot competition enough to justify buying an gamer rig but that will soon change. Ignore the dumbshits saying the Glock 19 sucks for competition, if you do the work and dry practice correctly and have your gear squared away, you can get far locally with a stock Glock 19. Hell, there’s a GM who competes with a bone stock 19 from duty gear, can’t rememeber his name...

>the amount of rounds correlates to the time spent at the range

I spent three hours at the range yesterday working on a bunch of shit with 250rds with breaks inbetween and dryfire mixed in.

Idiot.
I would recommend something from a more reputable brand like Glock, S&W, Beretta, HK, CZ, Walther desu. The M&P 2.0 is a very good choice for the aftermarket holster and sight options, ergonomics as well as being consistently the most affordable of all the other options. This is speaking specifically about polymer striker guns.

>Surefire x300u (ebay/chinese knockoff not bad either)
What's the chinese/ebay knockoff?

2-300 over like 2 hours is not a lot.

Attached: 1541117127204.jpg (778x512, 46K)

I won't be, this is staying with me for life then passed down to my offspring.
You're the third person to suggest the RMR to me. I tried it once and it really is worth the hype. I'll be investing in this eventually if I decide not to compete with a stock gun! I'll keep up the practice and check that guy out, thanks friend.

I also have been shooting a G19 with RMR in local USPSA matches. I shoot it strong side, and also have to shoot Open division since I keep an X300U on it. I'm still new to competition (shot my 3rd match today) but I was still the person with the most number of A-zone hits - excluding 1 person shooting Pistol Caliber Carbine.

Is a G19 going to be the best at competition? Hell no, but that's not its purpose and it's far from useless for it. I got into it for pressure testing myself, my skills, and my gear, and as a benefit, I'm having a great time and meeting really cool people.

Take your weird outlets back to where you came from

Attached: 1550079191088.jpg (750x714, 80K)

Most surefire x300(u) and other models sold less than $200 on ebay is 90% guaranteed knockoff. There are plenty of articles that details how to spot them. If you want a authentic surefire™ buy from a reputable company and not from there. That said, I own 3 x300u, one authentic and 2 copies and all 3 have been good just different beam patterns.

I really like the pl-2 but my only personal hiccup is that 1000 lumens is a beast for indoor applications but for outside its the shit.

You went to the pasedena gun show?

It's been awhile but I used to be active in USPSA alot. You're gonna have a tough time with the 19, it'll work but doubt you'll place well. I have a 35 fully converted over to 9mm, Dawson Precision sights, KKM Barrel, extractor, ejector, mags. It's even easier to shoot than the 34.

And to add to this I also have a 19 that I carry.

OP You didn't make the wrong choice looking for all around going with the 19 it's without a doubt the best all around of the Glocks. If you plan on shooting Major one day you might want to look into getting a .40 or .45. That's why I converted my 35 so I can shoot Major or Minor, but it's been a year since I've shot USPSA and probably years since I've had it setup for Major

Great, I'm glad I'm not obsolete at least, I'm happy to get the basics down then step up to something more competent. Did you do those conversions yourself? I'm torn on whether or not to get fancy with this one or just wait for the next. I'll add those ones you mentioned to my list user, thanks!

Nope, though I want to check it out. I thought it wasn't until the end of March? Maybe I'm thinking of another expo that's happening around here soon.

>You're the third person to suggest the RMR to me. I tried it once and it really is worth the hype. I'll be investing in this eventually if I decide not to compete with a stock gun! I'll keep up the practice and check that guy out, thanks friend.

There is no hype. It allows for single focal plane shooting which is much more effective in a self defense standpoint; being able to focus on a threat. There are so many benefits to them but I would recommend getting red dot specific training if you were to get one. There is a learning curve to shooting with them, especially if you have been accustomed to using irons for years.

People get butthurt at this but a beginner shooter is best suited for a red dot. The earlier you learn it, the better. This doesn’t mean you should run out and buy one but it’s a fact. However, the same goes for seeking professional instruction, it’s best to shortcut the trial and error process of wading through what you should be practicing and how. People are cheap and don’t want to spend $300-$500 on classes and instead, struggle for years never improving. Check out Pistol-Training out for drills and insights to shooting a pistol to proficiency.

Check out Sage Dynamic’s RDS videos on Youtube along with Aaron Cowan’s research paper he did on red dots for defensive use.

docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7dc128_c8da57977a8c4b53903192fa603fce6f.pdf

Attached: 06C83180-AFBC-414A-BF0B-CE6EF1E2AB95.png (642x378, 38K)

>Did you do those conversions
Yup. That's the beuty of Glock you can do it all yourself, easiest weapon to breakdown/fix/repair to the armor level. Just check out some YouTube videos, get a punch and flathead and that's reall all you'll ever need besides changing the sites out.
>Obsolete
Don't listen to the autists on here, people who shit on Glock more than likely haven't been in the shooting game long, maybe a year or do, and just spout shit they see on here to be contrarian. Glock 19 is the most tested, well rounded, and probably most used pistol throughout the world. But yah with Glocks YOU do all the maintenance yourself, super easy. Changing out my extractor/ejector took no longer than probably 7-8 minutes, and I've done spring kit upgrades as well. Like I said just check out YouTube, then get in there and break yours down to armorer level a few times and you'll see why Glock is king

>Changing out my extractor/ejector took no longer than probably 7-8 minutes
That's a long ass fucking time. I did it just now in under a minute and a half just to be sure.

...and that was using the corner of the frame instead of a flathead for slide takedown.

Olight PL Mini is a great budget option. I'm not a fan of the connector but it is cheap and a great light (Olight has been a flashlight giant for a long time and just recently started making gun lights)