How the FUCK do I get into competitive shooting and 3gun?

how the FUCK do I get into competitive shooting and 3gun?
it seems expensive as fuck and like some sort of clique. do i just shoot paper at a range then goto a competition or what?

Attached: 1538882004663.jpg (865x865, 671K)

yes.

No.

>it seems expensive as fuck
maybe firearms are not the hobby for you.
be glad you didnt choose something that's actually expensive like airplanes or boats or auto racing

start by finding the nearest IDPA match near you. bring a holster, a jacket/vest/overshirt as cover, 3 mags, 3-50 round boxes of ammo and a double mag pouch. all in you should be under 150 bucks.
read the rules and don't shoot yourself
socialize with the other fags around you and find out what other matches happen, like steel challenges, USPSPSPSPSPSA or 3 gun
buy the shit for those
?
profit

>it seems expensive as fuck
You're in the wrong hobby.

You could get started for like

for a 3gun contest, the least you could possibly spend is 350+450+400 + ammunition
a typical rig is going to run six or ten times that figure.
Still without including ammo

tally in the fact that you're gonna commute to witchita or some equally far flung locale, you're starting to dig deep into your pockets

in contrast, boats can be cheap as fuck
not my pick, but my dad and i put one of these together in an afternoon

Attached: pdr-fromShorty.jpg (450x316, 16K)

Don't start 3-Gun or anything by buying 3 new guns. Start with what you already have. As youre a poorfag noguns, perhaps you should try buying a gun first.

Practice shooting as many styles as you can, doesn't matter how cheap your kit is just shoot for fun and improving your aim. Local ranges would be the first place to check for competitions, don't get bogged down with your overall placement.
What experience/kit do you have already?

Attached: f557e7b.jpg (836x540, 109K)

I shoot a few local things. Bought a decent belt ~80$ mag holders figure 20$ each holster can be 20-100+$ slings and then ammo ....

If you think you want to shoot competition buy a timer a read and dry fire practice until you've achieved git gud. Then do like guy up there said and go to local match, don't sperg find out what else is available and go dominate. Like my run on sentence.

Attached: image.jpg (740x2430, 253K)

I found the USPSA in my area to be full of massive faggits. The Army sent to some pretty expensive shooting schools. I even went course run by Todd Jarret to who was teaching Army guys how to really run the M9. I know Frank Proctor ( I was deployed with him). The USPSA faggits act like they are doing you a favor. These guys are a step up from airsoft.

USPSA fags in my area are somewhat OK. Still faggots but not nearly as bad as what plagues you, apparently.

>I know Frank Proctor ( I was deployed with him).

Was he Delta or Green Beret? He never clarified on this.

>The USPSA faggits act like they are doing you a favor.

Yes, some USPSA faggots can be complete douchey idiots.

Do you have a rifle, pistol, and shotgun, in calibers 223/9/12ga, respectively, or larger?

Then search for a local match and participate. Tell them you're brand new, and they'll hold your hand a bit so you dont DQ yourself.

Don't have those things? Find a friend who does and borrow them, or buy the ones you're missing. Or just show up and watch, talk to the folks there.

Think about it like driving, you can spend 50k on a car go to the track and a 3k miata will still be faster then you. Just some basic stuff and practice.

I live in liberal southern California and we have 3gun and cowboy action at the range in my town. So does the one to the south and north. Is your idea of a commute anything over like 15 minutes?

Don't go into it thinking you need to get a high end rifle with a $2k optic, some abomination auto shotgun with a 5 foot long mag tube, and some spacegun Glock or 2011. Start with the guns you have, you'll learn and see what works with the other guys, and you can always ask to try out their stuff if you're a cool dude. Otherwise, just stick to your regular stuff. A basic AR, a Mossman 58790, and a Glock of whatever flavour will serve you fine, and most people already own those.

Assuming you already own a rifle, shotgun, and handgun, just get a belt of some sort, either a stiff regular gun belt, or a MOLLE belt of some sort, as long as it's stiff enough to support the weight. Get a GOOD holster (not a fucking SERPA). Get a couple pistol mag pouches and a couple rifle mag pouches. Any extra mags can be carried in pockets. Shotgun ammo can be iffy if you want to not be too gamer. You can always go with detachable side saddle cards. California competition works makes a cool caddy that is considered outdated nowadays in the competiton world, but still works and is practical for other uses. If you get good and want to learn quad loads, they're always available in the future. Or just get a detachable mag fed gun, even though they tend to have a lot of problems.

>USPSA
USPSA is AIDS.

IDPA can be OK, but they have retarded rules sometimes. They try to be pseudo-realistic, but they do stupid shit like making you retain empty mags.

IPSC is actually the most chill nowadays from what I hear. It's a little more gamer, but it has lots more pew and the scoring isn't so anal.

Attached: 1442503878614.jpg (1280x851, 129K)

There's always "action pistol"

I found the same thing at my IPSC club, lots of good guys with knowledge but also some larpy weirdos playing soldier and wankers inserting politics into everything. Its really dissapointing because ipsc is hella fun but I just cant justify spending a shittone of money on ammo to go hang out with a bunch of weirdos who go on about 'da joos' and shit on my weekends. If i want to do that ill just stay home and go on Jow Forums for free inatead.

Attached: 1552401880112.png (350x270, 98K)

Why is USPSA aids? I'm planning on going to my first match soon.

This guy is the rightest. You can also find USPSA or other types of IPSC matches as well. 2 gun is a much friendlier alternative to 3 gun. one less gun, one less type of ammo, and it's very practically oriented. Easy stuff to get started, and a "practical" rig instead of a gaming one is still very viable.

Do the poor man build. Hi point, maverick 88 and bargain AR.

What's with all the USPSA hate? My local group is fucking great.

fug me meant for

If possible, try to find 2 gun matches. Shotgun is the worst part of IPSC, especially for a newcomer.
Read the rules. Several times. Watch some match footage.

3 gun fags are insufferable cunts. I prefer pistol silhouette shooting and f class.