Are these any better than ARs? Asking for a friend

Are these any better than ARs? Asking for a friend.

Mostly I am looking for a gun that doesn't require maintenance.

Attached: 23ly5i8.jpg (1024x684, 67K)

just buy a quality ar and optic for the cost of a scar 16

this is more fun and less maintenance.
probably more relevant for defense, too

Attached: slick.jpg (1500x988, 211K)

Yes. And that's one of the advantages over ARs.

that looks like a poor person gun

>using a literal antique design for defense
Might as well use a mosin nagant as a HD rifle while you're at it

I like the zenit AK aesthetic but they’re pretty impractical in comparison
>t. Own an AR, not an AK

They're well made guns, and work great, but I think they're quite overpriced at the typical going price of $3000. If you don't mind paying that much for the rifle though, it IS good, and it will perform for you.

>doesn't require maintenance
You could probably be pretty sparse with maintenance on a SCAR, but if you want something that you could completely abuse and neglect, I'd look at some higher end AK variant.

It's slightly cheaper than some comparable options, but they're good for what they are.
However, if you're the kind of person who's willing to spend the money on a SCAR, I think there's far more interesting and exciting options for you than most of Ruger's catalogue, and that I say as a Ruger fanboy.

Shotguns are antique technology, but with a good choice of load it's both powerful and safe.
Also consider that the SCAR is an AR18 clone (a pretty good one, certainly better than the original AR18), which is almost as old as the AR15.

It just has to work and put out enough footpounds, and you just need to handle it.

they're great for shitting up Jow Forums every 3 days

no it doesn't.

> any long gun, only relevant in your home or der habbening
vs
> a modern semiauto pistol with light and extendo for innahouse or a holster for the subway
pistol wins
the revolver is worse than the automatic, but it's still more likely to be relevant in actual defense

This. We have this thread multiple times per week

when it comes to triggering poorfags, there is no equal.

It's really hard to figure out what optic to use with it... needs to be above average in build quality to withstand the jarring
ACSS ACOG is nice but only marked for 5.56

>I am looking for a gun that doesn't require maintenance.
Try an Airsoft and fuck off.

Look I am sorry you are poor and have to buy guns that need constant maintenance but I am wealthy and I am sure a premium gun will be made of modern materials that don't require it.

Pretty much any decent airsoft gun that would be any fun to shoot requires maintenance

Attached: IMG_20190224_133538.jpg (1024x576, 88K)

It's a tool like any other. It requires some degree of maintenance. Now will it require you to reseat the barrel every thousand rounds or carve a new stock every year? No, but it will require maintenance.

>premium gun with modern materials
>he wants a safe queen
>fired once, cleaned never
>he fell for the piston memes
Kek. Enjoy your double feeds and failures to extract, friendo. Here ya go, this is the best you deserve.

Attached: 1103.jpg (825x195, 27K)

Oh look, the poorfag butthurt has returned

You're retarded

>needs Jow Forums to pick his guns for him
>cant afford to get his rifle's oil changed every 10k miles
>calling others poorfags

Attached: deadleavesgreen.gif (200x200, 131K)

what the fuck is this thread? You want a gun, so you ask gunfags, then start screeching about the price. absolute fucking brain damage, buy the cheapest one you can find and blow your brains out with it

>Look I am sorry you are poor and have to buy guns that need constant maintenance but I am wealthy and I am sure a premium gun will be made of modern materials that don't require it.
Well, rich-fag, what car do you drive? Did you go to a dealer and tell them you wanted a car that needs no maintenance? Surely a premium car made of modern materials exists that doesn't require it.

Attached: 1552631833511.jpg (400x400, 86K)

just get a kalashnikov clean it with soapy water every 2000 rounds and grease it up.. good to go

>Mostly I am looking for a gun that doesn't require maintenance.
Lmao, is someone gonna tell him or should I?

Not in any massively meaningful ways, but if you spend as much on an AR you'll end up with a gun that's just as lethal and utilitarian and you'll be able to buy more ammo, peripherals, mags, glass, etc in addition to the gun. Getting a high quality barrel and BCG will reduce the amount of maintenance you have to do, but at the end of the day there's no gun that's going to do well if you consistently neglect it's maintenance. High quality parts do not negate the fact that having explosions constantly happening inside it will eventually wear enough on your gun and if you continue to neglect it some part of it will crap out on you, or it will start having cycling issues, or ejecting issues, or some other issue.

Basically no amount of money will allow you to just be a lazy faggot who abuses his tools and doesn't maintain them.

If you are a person of means I'd just recommend buying one kind of gun in redundancy, like instead of one SCAR, you could buy around 5 or 6 cheap ARs. Gets dirty? Throw it away. Not like you're going to go shoot ever anyways.

Attached: anderson.jpg (474x191, 15K)

Why not buy 5 or 6 SCARs? Would it hurt your feelings if I threw them away when they got dirty?

>Mostly I am looking for a gun that doesn't require maintenance.
12ga shotgun or a bolt or lever action. Semiautos are garbage.

They're actually substantially worse than a quality AR.

All guns require maintenance retard

I could actually do that. I am not like saudi prince tier lazyrich where I would feel comfortable throwing them away versus just spending a few moments wiping them off. Gas pistons stay really clean compared to the AR direct impingement.

As far as flexing shit, I've just got two B&T APC223s for my 'SCAR' tier priced guns. I like them a lot.

If you're so rich, why do you care about your weapon needing no maintenance? Just throw it away once it malfunctions due to lack of cleaning.
No weapon is 100% maintenance-free, except airguns maybe.

a revolver is probably the lowest level of maintenance
except maybe a break action shotgun

Pubg modeld that gun wrong

The most maintenance free rifle would probably be a WASR. Mags and ammo are literally everywhere, and will be for a long time. The round is better suited for SHTF as well. It's the bare minimum for most larger game.

>Inb4 I hunt wildebeest with a .22 mag and it drops them just fine! Sips.

>It's the bare minimum for most larger game
If you are concerned about ethics, sure. But in case SHTF, humanitarian killing will be the last of your worries.

You’re actually substantially dumber than a brick.