New York City Bugout

I just accepted a job in NYC (upper east side manhattan specifically) and while I am very excited, the though of moving from the country into a city makes me very concerned with regards to my SHTF bug out strategy. In the country, I was just able to rent a storage locker where I could put a 1 year food supply and 500 shotgun shells. Storage units are unbelievably expensive in NYC and I want an alternative strategy.

tl'dr: How does one come up with a good bugout strategy in a giant city like New York?

Attached: image.jpg (630x472, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nucleardarkness.org/warconsequences/fivemilliontonsofsmoke/)
intellihub.com/a-safe-guide-to-using-bleach-to-purify-water-when-shtf/
familysurvivors.com/lds-cannery-locations.htm
nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-gun-license-nypd-guilty-plea-20180815-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can’t

just commit suicide.

Know your routes. Know where to get resources. Do you want to go inna woods, or booby trap a warehouse that is self powered by solar cells? I need to buy several lbs of beans and rice. I have 4k rds of 556 and deuce deuce. Water is my main concern.

Cities like NYC are gonna be absolutely fucked. Massive fires, gangs, chimpouts, no food/clean water.

You're gonna have to get out as soon as possible or join one of those gangs.

In4 city survival tips
>inb4 bumpkins just move lol

I live and work in the Boogie Down Bronx, bud. You're fucked.

Nah, I'm joking. Shit hits the fan in the city virtually every month, and no one ever notices. The city's emergency management is top notch. Even during blackouts, only the outer boroughs have to worry (Bronx is fun in the summer, let me tell you). But in Manhattan you're good.

Just some advice for you though: While Harlem has gotten markedly better since the 90s, it's still got rough areas. Don't hang out there, and don't go near the projects.

Washington Heights is a great place to party, drink, and smoke hookah, but there's a lot of drugs and gangs. Know your clubs before you go to them, and don't start fights.

Do not give money to the fucking panhandlers.
The Staten Island Ferry is free.
If someone is offering you tickets on the street, don't buy them. They're scamming your ass.

Brooklyn has gotten a lot better, and Bed-Stuy might be hipsters by day, but the gangs are back out at night.

The Bronx is a shithole. Yankee Stadium is good though.

Not OP, but what do in big shtf scenarios

Side note to this - In the city, you wanna bug in for at least a week. That means having food on hand, and your weapon handy. A bug-out should be last resort, even innacountry. Get a safe, put it in your closet, and bolt it down. Store canned foods, bottled water, ammo, medical supplies, and a packed 3-day BOB for if you do have to get outta dodge.

I won't say who I work for, but I'll give you some hints.

I carry a gun for work
I have a shaped piece of metal with numerical identifiers on it
And back in the day I wore a blue uniform for work.

Foolproof bugout strategy for any large city center:
>kill self
>avoid suffering and inevitable death
Seriously, big city bug outs are a meme. Might as well just get really drunk, have a good time and end it on your own terms.

That doesn't really answer my question. Even if your a LEO what the hell are you gonna do during Black Plague 2: Electric Boogaloo in NYC?

I'd be working it, lol.

Honestly though, in NYC, there's really no risk of a true SHTF without it being like, zombies or some magic super virus that drops bodies in seconds.

Talking Manhattan specifically here, out boroughs get weird, and have other things to factor in. But just Manhattan:
The grid layout, the abundance of emergency resources, the experience of 9/11, the multiple available bridges off the island, the abundance of hospitals, of stored food, etc.
There's no realistic situation in which traffic cannot move out, that if an evacuation was necessary that it couldn't be done. Manhattan is only about 17 blocks at it's widest point, there are roughly 21 crossings off the island, You could legitimately just get up and walk off and it would only take an hour or two.

But, short of a nuke going off, or some zombie super virus, there's very little chance that an evacuation would ever be needed.

OP here!

Some additional information for those advising me to bug in (a great idea now that I'm thinking about it). I will have an apartment with two 17 by 22 foot rooms (748 square feet). How much food could I feasibly fit in the house while still having room to live?

Weak survival instincts. Will not survive SHTF scenarios ;).

Any ideas on how to get off of Manhattan island specifically? Right now I'm considering blow-up rafts (my apartment will be right next to the river).

Any advice as to where I could get clean water?

I believe it. Wouldn't it be better to wait until things settle down a bit before I leave though?

Thanks for all the insights!

This sounds like some great practical advice. I'll have to be sure to have at least a week's worth of food and 500 rounds of ammunition for my shotgun.

I wouldn't live in Jew York for any job or amount of money. Just go ahead and burn with the rest of your subhuman nigger kind, city slicker.

Attached: 1552680397990.jpg (525x469, 65K)

>NYC
>bugout
nah.

just stay there. purchase a lot of firearms and dont worry about their legality.
shit goes down.
take down as many of (((them))) as you can before (((they))) start arming dark skinned people to wipe out the remaining whites who can read or use multisyllabic words

Attached: cbe6b3a217a75a153a639fdedc831c612463820c80d9aa133ae7fcdaed6c819c.png (980x742, 266K)

OP again

I really want to believe this is true. The big concern for me that kicked off my whole need to improve my prep was considering what would happen if India and Pakistan started nuking the world into a nuclear winter. I know this would be a huge doomsday scenario (and is fairly unlikely) but I wanted to think about how I could survive for a year even in the most desperate of scenarios. I really am hoping to be able to keep 1 year of food and 500 rounds of ammo but I don't know where I would put it all.

>Weak survival instincts. Will not survive SHTF scenarios ;).
I'm not stupid enough to live in a mega-city with no possible escape route. You're the one who has no supplies, no guns and will die. Your corpse will be raped by gay niggers, and eaten by blood thirsty jews.

Attached: merchant.gif (504x566, 12K)

oh look, samefag just showed up

I don't think that if India and Pakistan both fired off all of their nukes simultaneous at the same target location, that we'd have a remote risk of nuclear winter.

But that being said, the Upper East Side is easy enough to manage. 3 day bag and a bike, head for jersey or the bronx, you want to go to mainland if you truly have to evacuate.

As far as storage goes, K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, stupid. Canned foods and bottled water. Don't prep for a year, figure a month or so at most.

I can't imagine any situation in which you'd need a year's worth of food and would also remain in NYC, if the situation deteriorated that badly to begin with. Bug in until the initial shit cools down, if after 2-3 weeks, things aren't looking any better, grab your bag, and head out.

want to know how I know youre from haifa?

Attached: jews on k.png (1545x783, 172K)

I don't think it's possible to bug out from NYC working smack dab in the middle of Manhattan.

>A bug-out should be last resort, even innacountry.
Bug-out is really a suburb thing. In a city of any size, it's completely impractical. In the country, it's completely unnecessary. In the suburbs, though, where your population densities are just high enough to be a problem without functioning services, and your "convenient location" that you paid extra for means you're the first stop for any hordes rampaging out of the city, it can make a lot of sense.

>what would happen if India and Pakistan started nuking the world into a nuclear winter
Literally impossible. They don't have huge arsenals like the US and USSR. The best they could do is set global warming back a couple years.

OP Here:

In case you were wondering here (nucleardarkness.org/warconsequences/fivemilliontonsofsmoke/) is the link which scared me into taking this to be a serious issue.

I like the idea of keeping about a month or two of food on hand and then buggin out to New Jersey if things got bad. I have friends and contacts in that area, so I would just need an evacuation route to their homes which I should easily be able to carry out in a few days.

It depends a lot on where you live but having the backing of a community of prepers makes a world of difference. No lone wolf is gonna survive long after SHTF, but a tight knit community has great chances. Organize with your neighbors.

Get a Mac-10, a fake suppressor, and a scope.

Attached: plissken.gif (245x184, 995K)

mah nigga

Wouldn’t the sewers becaviable route?

t. Alligator

Only if you're a ridiculously acrobatic martial-artist turtle or a man-sized bipedal rat with gnarly fighting skills.

live near a bridge or tunnel and have a bodega outside your building, a bike would also help, maybe even a fold-able one because bicycles get stolen if you blink outs side your apartment--- look at 9/11 and all those people having to walk 10+ miles just to get out of Manhattan! Best route out of NYC is North and as fast as you can get there before the masses follow suit.

Attached: 55f26fd2d6015.jpg (540x650, 70K)

>No Shtf evah possible
Post yfw incoming food transport halts for 2 days

>2 days
do you people not have tinned beans?

YOU CAN GET ANYTHING YOU NEED OR WANT IN MANHATTAN ANYTIME YOU JUST NEED THE MONEY SONNY!

Attached: 1520707640765.jpg (524x416, 18K)

most don't, specially poor people

>bugout strategy in a giant city like New York?
learn some yiddish.
learn how to pronounce shibboleth.
buy a yarmulke and some orthodox clothes, maybe and israeli flag bumper sticker.
>SHTF
>run to the UN/fed reserve/local shomrim/brooklyn/manhattan/long island/nypd precint/federal building/mossad front business
>OY VEY ITS LIKE ANUDDUH SHOAH OUT HERE, WE NEED TO HIDE AND SOMEBODY NEEDS TO CALL BIBI!!!! THESE GOYIM ARE GONNA KILL US ALL!!!!
bam you now have the protection of the entire cities law enforcement, 1000+ mossad agents living in NYC and the entire federal government supporting you and dying to protect your precious blood from being spilled.
you can also now build forts out of fed reserve gold bars.

Attached: 109 countries.jpg (720x528, 51K)

I currently only have two cans of collard greens and a ramen falvoring packet.

Nuclear winter is a myth. You don’t need to stockpile a huge stack of food in your urban apartment. That’s not a tenable long-term location. Stock 2 months worth, at most. Keep about 4 cases of bottled water on hand, plus a Sawyer filter or comparable. Get a couple of 6 packs of propane cylinders and a camp stove so you have a way to cook if utilities go down. Then pick up a solar charger and a fistful of Eneloop rechargeable batteries for your LED flashlight and headlamp. Other than that, have all of the other camping gear that normal people have. And get a pistol. That’s a better urban weapon than a shotgun.

>stockpile a huge stack of food in your urban apartment.
in manhattan, the roaches will get to it way before you do!

How would one go about making sewer rats and gutter pigeons edible?

Op Here

This sounds most tenable to me. Thanks for the help Jow Forumsommando

Lets get a little perspective here. When Eyjafjallajökull erupted in Iceland in 2010, it produced around 75 tonnes of ash every second for over 5 days. That adds up to somewhere in the region of 35 million tons of ash pumped into the air. Did you notice any significant famines or ice ages a decade ago? Me neither. Nuclear winter is a myth.

You're only hope is to live in westchester (north of manhattan) and commute in. Then you may have a chance to bug out upstate if you leave early enough. If you live in manhattan, or brooklyn/queens, you will have no hope of getting out, there are too many people choked in by rivers.

>75 tonnes of ash every second for over 5 days. That adds up to somewhere in the region of 35 million tons of ash pumped into the air

Muh climate change

t. Killer Croc

If you're single, it makes your job easier. If you're not, it's a bit more difficult, but you'll survive.
If you can, get a motorcycle. Preferably one that has a large amount of after market parts that can be bought for on the cheap. You don't have to get a Harley, just something that will get you out on a Full tank of gas.
If you're taking the other anons advice and bugging in for a week, then the absolute first thing to do is to fill up as many containers as you can with water, including your bathtub, if you have one. Also, keep bleach in your house. Once the fresh water runs out, you'll need to put just a drop or two into a decently sized container to get rid of all those nasty bugs that will accumulate in it. Follow this for more info: intellihub.com/a-safe-guide-to-using-bleach-to-purify-water-when-shtf/
Buy water filters. Go to this site:( familysurvivors.com/lds-cannery-locations.htm ), look up the closest location to you, and go guy water filters there. The Mormons are reliable when it comes to this shit. Plus, they sell powered punch.
The best way to survive is to improve your skills now. It won't help you to have 500 shells for your shotgun if you barely use it and don't know how to properly engage targets while under stress. Same goes for building fires and medical things.

if you had a kayak you could just get away on the water. just store it sealed underwater at a marked gsp location on the shoreline closest to you, then you strip, dive in, pull it up, change into your bug out clothes and paddle away.

you have the option of- taking the east river north following the coast to conneticut, 5 hours of paddling gets you to bridgeport.

alternatively you can take the east river south then turn north on the hudson river and take it all the way up to poughkeepsie.

finally you can take the east river south, cross south into upper bay then lower bay and follow the coastline down to Long Beach.

the mid latitude (30degree) cell is an easterly wind, conceivably you could sail to portugal or ireland in one-two months with a makeshift catamaran and sail set up.

if you are in peak physical fitness you can paddle 20 knots a day, with a sail shit might do that in one hour.

the other choice is bicycle.

Attached: sail sail sail.jpg (410x916, 123K)

Why the fuck would he need to fill up his bathtub when he could just fill a closet with water and ahve a months supply of water?

All you need is a knife & sneakers.
You own any gun within seven footsteps.
Continue to carefully gather more weapons & resources.
Assemble or join the best hegemony for you.

UES is almost 100% sure to be safer in terms of crime than wherever you came from.

t. has never been in NYC.

>bug out

Bug in will be your best course of action.

8 million people. If the grid goes down it's going to be the apocalypse.

Work on a good defensive system to your windows and doors.

Focus on water storage and food. Dont forget medicine and basic hygiene stuff too, the latter is what gets most people when SHTF.

if you can, get a compact solar panel(something small enough to fit by your windowsill) that'll be for your phone, radio and anything else like rechargeable batteries.

Your handgun will be your best friend more so than your shotgun or rifle.

If water is still magically working get a life straw or iodine tablets.

Toilet paper tablets will be what you want to get instead of hoarding up on regular toilet paper.

t. retard

why would you ever
choose to move to ny

>Upper East Side

Attached: 1509273504306s.jpg (104x125, 3K)

I live up in Putnam County, if you survive phase 1 of surviving the biggest chimpout ever witnessed, survive phase 2 of zero food and somehow make it off the island, and somehow survive lower Westchester or any of the nigger populations, maybe you can survive but I doubt it.

You should be living outside of the city and commuting in.

Figure out the best way out of the city in a SHTF scenario. The hard part is getting out of the metro area at all. Even if you make it off Manhattan you still have Westchester county to get through if you're going upstate/rural penn. Which idk why you would try going anywhere else in that situation.

Have sex

1:Don’t live in the City Proper (all 5 boroughs). live at least an hour outside the city North (West Chester/ Putnam County) or in CT somewhere, possibly Northern NJ. Avoid Long Island like the plague. Rents and cost of living is far cheaper even with having to take the train than living in the city, unless you have room mates and can afford a decent place or you have serious $$$.

2. NYC is getting nuked one day, so, have a life insurance policy with the beneficiary no where near NYC,

3. Bugging Out of NYC is next to impossible once the bridges, tunnels and trains are closed. you’ll have minutes before they are closed, we’re talking possibly no longer than 15 mins until they are closed. the only way out, assuming you are in Manhattan (least amount of water/natural obstacles) is north through Harlem, over the river and through the bronx to grandmothers house you go. You and Millions of other people, assuming it’s not a nuke of course.

4. How are you crossing the river(s)? do you have a raft? is in inflatable? how long to inflate it? can you defend yourself from the thousands also trying to cross and who WILL try and steal your shit?

5. you are either going to need a VERY SECURE supply cache, or carry everything you need with you at all times (including your method to cross the river and stay dry, food, water, shelter, etc...). That’s a fuck ton of shit to carry EVERYWHERE! Are you fit enough to carry that shit, paddle across the river, swim/float across the river if need be (got dry sacks?) and continue on?

Point is, once something goes Hot and NYC needs evacuating, you’re fucked proper.

best to follow no’s 1 and 2 above and jump from the tallest building, or go up there and enjoy the show, which ever. point is... you ain’t going anywhere.

Live in the suburbs and commute to the city, pray the happening doesn’t happen while your at work.

>or brooklyn/queens, you will have no hope of getting out, there are too many people choked in by rivers.

nigga what. we can just move east to outer parts of LI. shit nigga we got the hamptons. not to mention all the warehouses around brooklyn/queens, AND we have the airports.

manhattan is straight fucked, i dont care what anyone says.

>we can just move east to outer parts of LI. shit nigga we got the hamptons. not to mention all the warehouses around brooklyn/queens, AND we have the airports.
So your SHTF involves catching a late flight at the JFK or going to the Hamptons? lmao, just off yourself now.

>How does one come up with a good bugout strategy in a giant city like New York?
You don't. You go fuck yourself for perpetuating the problem.

Don't live in Jew York, for one fucking thing. I live in a much, much smaller city, really more of a rather large town, sub-10000 before you count all the fucking international faggots from the university, and even this would be difficult to bug out of if SHTF due to crowds and so on. I'm lucky enough to live near the very edge of the metro area, which is kind of surreal because the houses just... Stop, and rural area starts, probably less than 200m of transition. I'd probably have to cross around 1km or so before I hit the rural area and had a chance, and a lot can happen over that distance on a bad day. For-fucking-get about making it out of goddamn downtown NYC unless you can steal and pilot a helicopter. Other than that, keep an eye. Leave when things START going downhill, not when it all hits the bottom and splatters everywhere.

>I just accepted a job in NYC
Why the fuck would you do that, people are leaving that overpopulated hellhole in droves for a reason.
>How does one come up with a good bugout strategy in a giant city like New York?
You don't, because NYC will quite genuinely be one of the single worst places on the planet to be if there's a bugout-grade crisis. You're better off blowing your own brains out.

Not only are you fucked just because its NYC, but you are DOUBLE FUCKED.

I live in Upstate NY. The thought of a K user moving to NYC voluntarily is hilarious. You cannot even own a rifle or a shotgun without a license, I'm not kidding. Thinking about a pistol? Fucking forget about it. You need to give them a reason why you need one. You won't get it, not in NYC. Literally all the guys who worked in the permit office in NYC have been brought up on corruption charges:

nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-gun-license-nypd-guilty-plea-20180815-story.html

Attached: 1444106483631.jpg (500x375, 25K)

You are already dead

>diving into the fucking Hudson

>get a pistol
Absolutely. But a short barreled semi-auto rifle with several large magazines will be the most useful in that critical period when you exit the apartment and get to open spaces.

you are beyond simple retardation or fetal alcohol syndrome, more like a brain-dead vegetable that just face-rolled on a keyboard while life support was unplugged.

my point is that queens and brooklyn and LI in general aren't as vulnerable to SHTF as manhattan is, and if it does happen we're in a better position to survive it. we have more land-mass, so more areas for safe-caches and less population density, and more places to stash and make off with a boat than the deathtrap known as manhattan.

>Under the terms of his deal, Dean faces a maximum recommended sentence of two years.

jesus fucking christ

Any one else look at their neighbour's as a source of food? When shtf, Gary is gonna be yummy as fuck when smoked.

>I just accepted a job in NYC (upper east side manhattan specifically)
Jesus Christ, I want to kill myself whenever I have to go there a few times a year for company-related shit, why the fuck would you want to actually work there and make the hellish commute from whichever shithole borough you choose to languish in?
>a good bugout strategy in a giant city like New York?
Doesn't exist, fuckbig cities are essentially a collection of skyscraper-shaped tombs in bugout scenarios.

Generally I'm not afraid of deep water but something about the Hudson makes me convulse in terror.

Just watch Escape from New York.

A pistol or shotgun is best when defending against the two or three hungry niggers that bust into your flat. But against the gang of 10-20 nogs you will confront in a hallway, tunnel, or alley, you will need a semi-auto rifle.

It's because you know how many dead niggers and turds are in it.

Honestly, you're pretty much fucked. Even if you escape the city where are you going to go? NYC is surrounded by other major cities. And even if you get past them, the whole northeastern seaboard is packed. You're in the belly of the beast, friend. Best I could suggest is hunkering down for several days till the worst of it is over then attempting an escape by sea. You have access to a sailboat and basic sailing skills?

ALSO, Maybe you don't realize this OP, but in NY state you cannot even touch a pistol without a pistol permit. You can't shoot a friends, you can't own one or its a class 3 felony if you caught with it.

In NYC, you can only take your pistol (if you get your permit) to one of 3 authorized ranges in NYC. You cannot take the pistol out of NYC for ANY reason AT ALL. Doing so is a class 3 felony. SCOTUS currently has taken this case. If you MOVE FROM NYC, the only LEGAL RECOURSE for your PISTOL is to GIVE IT TO NYPD FOR DESCTRUCTION - I'm not even kidding. You cannot leave NYC with it.

Attached: 1484730057613.gif (309x313, 2.91M)

OP Here:

Some clarifications

> I am going to live in Manhattan because my company owns apartments there and gives me 750 square foot apartment for super reduced rent. I will not have to commute, my apartment will be a block away from my office.

My apartment is also a block away from the east river, which makes rafting out to the ocean a particularly feasible strategy (am I wrong?)

Currently I like the "bug in" strategy.I'm pretty sure I could bug in for three months no problem with two 55 gallon water containers and 3 months of rations. At that point I'm sure most normies would be dead at which point I could escape by either just walking accross the bridge with my shotgun or blowing up a raft and cruising on down the east river towards the ocean and then veering south to warmer weather.

Who would want to move to that giant shit hole except someone who values money more than anything else.

What's it like to be low IQ?
This.
The system can be easily upset. NY's drinkable water is already poisoned anyway, and they face some major logistical/resource obstacles. 2 days of no food transport in NY means panic and death.

Attached: Andy_Griffith_1955.jpg (713x922, 93K)

>twenty nineteen
>not owning the ultimate urban bug out nibba blaster

Attached: E8B3D158-0946-43A6-B81F-6EC123C32B08.jpg (1200x900, 1.35M)

Does that even work? A pistol pdw brace with a short tube and a rifle bcg

>city
>bugout
lol you're gonna fucking die. I'd give you less than a day.

It’s a Sig Rattler in .300 BLK, it’s a piston gun. They tried to sell them to the Air Force to be included in the pilot’s ejection survival kit. Instead they went with a pretty standard M4 variant that has a takedown feature. That Sig with with a suppressor and subsonic ammo would be the ultimate urban CQB setup IMO.

>if you are in peak physical fitness you can paddle 20 knots a day, with a sail shit might do that in one hour.

A knot is a unit of speed. To think, trip zeros were wasted on 'this 'tard.

Kinda odd to see NYC population decreasing while Washington DC population is on the rise.

>Kinda odd to see NYC population decreasing while Washington DC population is on the rise.
What? NYC population increased by over 400k since the 2010 census.

Pull the other on it's got bells on.

>the multiple available bridges off the island
Uh, all the bridges and tunnels go to other boroughs, except exactly one bridge and two tunnels connecting Manhattan to NJ.

Buy an ultralite glider, when the Arabs attack your skyscraper fly away from the top of the building safely into the wilderness

Attached: 3-102.jpg (358x380, 27K)

Too young to remember 03 fren?

You need a good pair of walking shoes, a backpack with lots of water, food, cash, and any weapon that you can find, and a bike or other wheeled vehicle like a motorized scooter. maybe a gas powered scooter

You aren't driving out of the city or taking a train. You're walking, and it will realistically take you like 2 or 3 days because of all of the other people. You will be fighting hords of scumbags just to keep moving forward.

How does one come up with a good bugout strategy in a giant city like New York?

Move.
Or...
Save acation and sick days. Every time the stock market takes a dive, every time a cop goes on trial for shooting someone, every time they start talking about some new influenza, or anything else, take a sick day and travel out of town. As far as you can go in one trip.
Have supplies there already. Make people know you're coming if it's friends or relatives.
Assume you have to leave a whole 48 hours before other people START leaving.
Then you might have a chance.

Attached: la riots trucker murder.webm (640x470, 2.93M)

>The Bronx is a shithole. Yankee Stadium is good though.
Life long Bronxite. It's a shit-hole.

OP Here

My job is super flexible. This technique should work for me just fine.