SHTF

What's Jow Forumss ideal SHTF gun. Looking to get my first and I'm strongly considering pic related
Am I making a mistake?

Attached: e6793563127a406437f702c75c3ff16f.jpg (640x480, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nrQN-2vyOZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you done any prior research on the rifle?

An ar-15 and Glock 19 you snowflake retard

considering the specific model with that specific stock is prohibitively expensive, not to mention subpar accuracy and proprietary mags, no. you did not make a mistake. your parents did

Pic related is cool as fucking shit don't let anyone here dissuade you into buying a faggy AR

stop playing pubg

lold

Absolutely right. I love many of my other guns more, but if SHTF I'm rocking an AR and a G 19. Easy to service, easy to find parts, really reliable, common ammo, lots of mags.

Nice gun but get an ar for shtf. I'm an ak guy personally.

Only reason I'm considering is since I can get one cheap from a friend. What's lightweight, uses common ammo, and reliable? Ideally wood

tip: has a 7 in it

Don't expect "SHTF" to happen, ever. Expect something like South Africa, or Mexico to happen though. You probably want an AR-15 instead of a mini-14 if you're new to guns. Savage is pretty good, $650 - $800 range.

A solid and concealable pistol with a good holster.

I think that low-scale SHTF is more likely than full-blown Yugo Wars style SHTF that requires you to carry a rifle over your shoulder. It's more likely imo that you'd have to brandish a pistol to scare someone off or shoot a few muggers while walking around after a natural disaster or on the way to work after an Argentinean style economic collapse, than to gun down a bandit camp for supplies post SHTF.

With all that in mind - pick what you like, and have at least half a dozen magazines (half for range use, half for carry, more of each is better). Some things that immediately come to mind: Glock 19, H&K VP9, Beretta 92FS, CZ-75 series, H&K USP, S&W M&P 2.0...basically any reputable double stack Wonder 9 with a good selection of parts.

Of course, have a rifle as well. AR or AK would work great; probably an AR would work better if you live stateside: 7.62x39 is everywhere, but .223/5.56 (and STANAG magazines!) are even more everywhere. Preferably multiple rifles and multiple pistols, for backups and for arming (very trusted) friends and family. Lone wolfing it in SHTF typically doesn't end up well.

Don't do that.

First, define "SHTF".

Are you shooting people? Get a cheap AR-15 in 556. Relatively cheap ammo, and it's quite effective against humans and roughly human-sized animals (e.g. deer). Plus, if you want to put more money into it, you can easily buy higher quality replacement parts.

Are you shooting squirrels and need the cheapest ammo? Ruger 10/22, or similar.

Are you shooting elk? Something in 0.3030, or some similar caliber.

An AR-15 is really the only SHTF rifle that makes any sense; it's the one that you'll be by far most able to scrounge or trade for parts, mags, and ammo.

But lucky for you, this is America, so you can have as many rifles as you want. It doesn't need to be an "ideal SHTF gun" for you to buy it. And that's a cool gun despite all the issues with the Mini14, so you should totally buy one, especially if you have a chance to get a bargain.

>carbon fouled direct impingement prima donna
>overcomplicated plastic cuboid
Yeah I think there's room for disagreement here.

So you're saying that you have issues with a tool millions of others don't have issues with on a daily basis. Is it really the tool or is it you?

I like the SKS. 7.62x39 is plentiful and powerful enough to hunt with at short ranges.

It's easy to disassemble and clean, and the fixed magazine means not having to worry about magazine supply, maintenance and retention.

sick burn

what is the Hittite empire in 1200bc

>I cant clean my gun because im a lazy faggot
>I'm a retarded faggot
Nice bait

It's not the exciting answer, but
Glock 19 and AR-15 are the most practical choices. Not only are they very well refined designs with the bugs well documented and minimized, but they are by far the most common in each category. This allows you to easily source magazines, parts, accessories and ammunition, or even replace the whole thing with another just like it.

I think one could make an argument for an SBR AK or AR-18 and stick it under a jacket (you could do that with an AC556 too I suppose, but mini-14s have their own downsides). Alternatively if you're innawoods a battle rifle could make sense.

Meanwhile in most realistic circumstances a good pistol will be your main firearm. Not a long gun. SHTF rarely means a true free-for-all where everyone shoots everyone on sight. There are many circumstances where you can and have to go out to do things, but while it's dangerous being visibly armed draws too much attention, whereas you usually won't be hassled if you're walking around unarmed in normal clothes.
A pistol with normal clothes is the best of both worlds since it doesn't draw attention, but does offer some protection. It doesn't have to be a Glock. Could be a S&W Shield or a PX4 or whatever. Even a revolver if you want to, although I think having a high capacity option is good for throwing up some suppressing fire and noping the fuck out.

Motor oil and simple green to clean and lube
Dont be retarded

t. Californian

It’s a great gun. My 580 series is about as accurate and is just as reliable with good ammo as my BCM. They have a folding stock. Which is nice for travel. Someone who knows what they’re doing with a Mini14 is going to be a threat. See: Miami Shootout or Anders.

This pathetic sperg spams this in every thread. I guarantee you he is a neverserved who has only used his AR15 in range perfect conditions. Ar15s are good rifles but they have two major issues - the magazines have less of positive lock up and they don’t do well in extreme cold or heat. And Glocks are one step above Highpoints. The triggers and sights are atrocious and you must improve them which adds $200. And you are better off buying many other guns even just another striker gun if that’s what you want. Avoid this reductionist idiot.

>I literally can't operate anything that requires >80 IQ

I truly feel bad for you.

>overcomplicated plastic cuboid

MUH 1911. TWO WORLD WARS. MUH STOPPING POWAHHH!

A 581 series Mini-14 isn't bad if that's what you want.

The stock could probably be fitted to a new model Mini-14 if you wanted to.

If it's a pre-2006 rifle it really isn't worth your time at all. The only really good part is that folding stock, which is more of a collectible than anything.

>Glock
>complicated
Nigger, what?

Holy shit why do people leave this fucking thing on their gun, it looks genuinely twice as good without it.

Attached: 20190317_085523.jpg (500x500, 35K)

The kicker is that the Glock is slightly simpler than a 1911, too.

>G19 and AR15: All you need
PROTIP: This is the millennial equivalent of Fuddery.

I have mitts for hands and it helps me not grab the op-rod

This

this it’s not even a good game, clunky as fuck, shit asset flip graphics with no style, etc

>lightweight
>ideally wood
pick one

This is my choice, along with really any decent 12-gauge of your choosing. I'm in Canada though, so this is working within my limitations. I would certainly want an AR if I were American.

Attached: 1521992107647.jpg (960x640, 116K)

You don't even know what fudd means dipshit.
You too dumbass

lol you apparently don't know what "equivalent" means.

>Why do you NEED that? A g19 and AR15 is ALL you NEED

>all you need
holy fuck you're a dumb cunt, the dude doesn't have ANYTHING and is looking for recommendations.

You're a fucking dumbass through and through.

look guys, I found a retard ^

It'll probably be one of these 581 series Mini-14s, given that you want wood.
>5.56mm or .300BLK
>shoots ok
>works ok (don't store it in a mud puddle or anything though)
>wood
>magazines are slightly expensive compared to AR mags, but they're available commonly

Attached: mini14581 series.jpg (1000x669, 73K)

Assuming it's something like riots caused by a natural disaster, which is far more likely than a civil war or whatever the fuck, a 12 gauge pump action shotgun by a common manufacturer

pros
>ammo is fucking EVERYWHERE.
>dead reliable and simple to take care of
>no magazines to worry about
>powerful enough to drop a goddamn bear

cons
>ammo is heavy as fuck
>limited range
>poor against large numbers

consider the cons though:
ammo weight shouldn't be a concern since you should be hunkering in and waiting it out instead of bugging out anyway, since the roads are going to be megafucked if any big disaster strikes

limited range shouldn't be an issue since you're really only protecting yourself and your home and you don't need to fucking shoot out to 100 yards on a regular basis to do that

the large numbers thing is worrying, but again, assuming this is similar to LA riots, looters are fucking cowards and will scatter like cockroaches as soon as someone presents themselves as armed, unless we're dealing with like some red dawn foreign invasion shit

an AR is a close second but I'm discounting it since I expect ammo will be much, much harder to find compared to 12 gauge during any sort of disaster. additionally, if you go around with an AR parading around like a paramilitary soldier, looters will see you more as a target with some good shit on him and are more likely to ambush you and overwhelm you with raw numbers. if you dress up as a hobo with a shotgun, looters can see you have nothing to offer and are too dangerous to risk going after your shit.

handguns are extremely handy to carry but should NOT be your mainstay as by the time most people see you have a handgun, they're already too close and it's already too late.

Attached: 083117_looters.jpg (780x439, 39K)

it looks fucking gay without it ass hole

not OP , but i genuinely like my 1911.

>one rifle for shtf

You should buy it bc it’s cool as fuck ar 15s are all over but the folding mini is rare and if you’re getting it at a good deal go for it, just go in knowing it’s not going to be a tack driver, mounting optics will be gay, and mags are expensive

Probably my Rossi 92 in .357 Mag. Very light, easy to use, easy to clean, .357 and .38 ammo are plentiful and not likely to be as quickly scooped up in SHTF.

Unlike pic related, mine has a 16" barrel.

Attached: 1537070918687.jpg (1444x263, 41K)

Seemed to work well for The A Team

>guns look better with big blocks of rubber protruding from the all wood stock
Lmaoooo

Attached: mini-14-thehighroadDOTorg.jpg (640x425, 232K)

something sighted in with suppressor and stock that can be accurately shot off hand. preferably semi auto but manual action isnt useless.

As much as I want to disagree, it's pretty much true. Common abundant caliber, reliable and affordable and tons of aftermarket accessories for whatever setup you feel comfortable with.

and a thermal clip on for night time

Attached: A12F2296-FE6F-49E0-B0EE-380B767ACDC7.png (697x429, 576K)

Nothing wrong with that

Yeah except everybody and their mother owns multiple, as does every retard prepper that fell for the "muh abundancy" meme.
When the chips are down you can bet anywhere that has anything for these platforms are gonna turn into immediate warzones and be scavenged to hell and back within days, IF police and military dont attempt to seize it all outright.
Its fucking incredible that so many people constantly recommend and agree upon this but fail to see how it would be their own downfall.

Just get a T91 upper and you can get DI with that. No reason to nix the entire platform.

if you still dont have a suppressor, here is a cheap option that will handle rifle caliber rounds.

5secondfirearm.com

seems as though many people are finally growing balls as they cant keep up with demand.

youtube.com/watch?v=nrQN-2vyOZI

anybody calling me atf is actual atf as these kits are legal to buy. just find a good hiding place after you drill the bore holes if you are paranoid.

I have a synth stock loser

how would being as well armed as those around you be your downfall? are you telling people to hoard information for their own selfish gain? are you jewish?

post a pic of one without it

Attached: 20190317_141658.jpg (4032x2268, 3M)

>missing the point this hard

Holy shit read the fucking thread before you even attempt to speak up

>you exposed me so now i say you missed the point
>oy vey if you goyim never recommended cheap ar’s to everybody i might be able to sleep easily at night knowing zogbots would easily be able to restore order if shtf

>600x400 jpg with garbage lighting and garbage angle
epic

Literally what are you on about?
>no no see I meant post a picture that I like

>w-what? You want a picture where you can actually see the subject!?!?
seeIt looks like trash

Personally the OD green Hogue stock gets my peepee equally hard

the fact youre mad a lot of people have effective weapons because you think it will be harder for the zog to regain order if shtf. youre the one trying to equate citizens being well armed with their own downfall.

>I cant see the main focus of a 600x400 photo which is in the center of the shot
Lmao keep moving those goalposts, I'll still be awaiting a reason as to why you couldnt look up a picture yourself

>I can only discern from 3MB photos
poor bait

>An ar-15 and Glock 19 you snowflake retard
checked for shitty newfudd taste in gunz

I fucking hate you piece of shit retard

Attached: 1544254566373.jpg (326x294, 12K)

this if my first time posting in the thread dumbass I just think your excuse of "I need a 4000x2000 picture to see it clearly" is as weak as it is pathetic. sorry that troubles you.

you think he likes halo?

If you need anything more than this image to see why it's ugly then you're a troll.

Attached: 1552850375698.jpg (400x225, 55K)

Get your RPAL fellow mapleguzzler.

Dirty fucking carpet. Vacuum you nigger.

>Assuming it's something like riots
>>powerful enough to drop a goddamn bear
>>poor against large numbers
In this universe, riots generally involve a large number of urban savages, rather than a small number of bears. But your universe sounds much cooler, I wish I lived there.

It's just wood dust from my shelf

>everybody and their mother owns multiple
You understand that's a good thing, right?

Say one of your ARs is down -- broken bolt, let's say. But you've got some canned peaches to spare, maybe somebody with parts will trade?
Yeah, some prepper with 5 ARs and nothing to eat but MREs might consider a trade for a functioning BCG. He's down 1 functioning rifle, but he still has 4 good ones and a near-complete parts gun for trade. (Even better if any of his ARs are already broken in non-BCG ways.)
Whereas if you have a mini-14 and whatever the fuck goes wrong with them does, good luck finding parts and somebody who's willing to give them up. You're going to have to find one of your fellow minifags (which is hard enough) and shoot him, because he's not about to part out his only working rifle for a little food.

In the worst case, where nobody with AR-15 parts is willing to trade them, or you have nothing worth trading for, you're no worse off than the Mini-14. In fact, it's better -- you're still gonna have to murder someone for their gun parts, but supposing you're okay with that, you'll have a much easier time finding a target.

what is 3200+ years of technological and societal advancement

based and redpilled

love how this is controversial because of the retarded contrarians on this board

Attached: 1495231729275.png (435x472, 438K)

>only AR15s and Glocks are viable weapons

From a cost and ammunition availability I would agree with above about the AR-15. You can get one for under $300 with iron sights if you shop correctly. I am not saying dont buy the pretty rifle, but I am saying you want the easiest to maintain available. While many parts can go wrong in a gun, a AR-15 is basically interchangeable with others. Hell, the upper/lower swap out is 2 pins and can be done in seconds. People would toss whole guns for a single area of failure. No sense in carrying a broken AR for some people. Go with simple first, then get the shiny shit.

Attached: time to make a car flip over.jpg (720x480, 48K)

niggers

This is exactly what I was asking for, thanks a tn

Attached: 0d1xyl081ob21.jpg (960x813, 128K)

>a 22 rifle, especially if it is suppressed
>a 9mm pistol or 45 suppressed pistol
>a light 7.62 rifle, preferably semi auto

t. nufudd zoomer who hates variety

But why would he want a bolt action rifle or a pump shotgun?

Glock 19
AR-15
Mossburg 500/ Remington 870 12 Pump
Smith or Ruger 357 Magnum
Any 308 Bolt Action with scope

replace 357 with a 44 redhawk

for long term shtf, as in literal fucking years or decades, they're the most optimal choice.

Not really

I'm a fan of this look, just wish I could find mags that hold over 30 rounds that arn't shit

Attached: IMG_20190317_214437.jpg (4608x2112, 2.31M)

Attached: IMG_20190317_214502.jpg (2112x4608, 2.51M)

Cant fool me with that knock off ruger stock

its one of the '70s falcon stocks. I still think it looks better.

>You can get one for under $300
When are people going to claim you can build an AR for $200. Last year it was $400. A few months ago, $350. Now idiots like you claim you can get a brand new AR for "less than $300."

Stop exaggerating.

Your fucking kidding, right?
In every fire fight they just expend their ammo then run in and punch the enemy out after they realize not one single round hit their intended target.

bout the only time hollywood got it right.

Depends. Hollywood shtf where you have to fight off zerg rushes of bandits every day before breakfast? What said.

But for real, long term survival planning, I recommend any lever gun in .30-30 or .45-70. The reason is that those calibers were originally for black powder, and the lever gun is compatible with either black or smokeless. Once the ammo runs out, you can make your own powder and primers (research how to do this, print out a guide and keep it with your preps), as long as you have brass. Can't do that with most semi autos or modern cartridges.

This is assuming the S has well and truly HTF'd and you'll have to be self sufficient for years. If it's just a short term event, the real answer is any modern, semi-automatic, decently reliable rifle that you can afford to stockpile ammo for.

cheap PSA AR kit is ~$280, and the only other thing needed is a stripped lower, which can be had elsewhere for ~$40