I keep screaming but my rifles buttpad is still dried out

My mommy says I'm a good shot

Attached: 20190316_153625.jpg (2560x1440, 977K)

Other urls found in this thread:

weatherflow.com/wind-weather-meters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What distance, fuckface? Thats a pretty good 200 yard group, an ok 100 yard group, and fuggin garbo at any other distance.

2 5

Y a r d s

You're shit, keep practicing timmy.

Attached: shot_1536875789279.jpg (1200x1600, 344K)

> calls a lad shit
> posts a group with numbers, but only numbers that tell us nothing
> still don't know range, platform or shooting position
OP and you both could be shooting sawn off henry-martinni zulu blaster for all all the info in this thread

that would impress me

Keep practicing. Maybe with a .22. Keep in mind that most of the super tight groups you see on here are shot off of tests, even if they don't own up to it.

You could do the math to figure the range. If you dont know what MOA means you dont shoot at any distance worth discussing.

shoo shoo PLR elitist

> moa measures angle: given
> also have group size
so let me just 1.29*1760/the curve of the square root of

no. i won't do it.
the faggot who posted the second image asked for range and then didn't give his, so he's dumb forever

Thats "hit a man at 1200 yards" accuracy. Does that work for you?

Got that sighting it in at a cheap range nearby cuz it was shooting up and to the right and I didnt want to drive all the way to an outdoor range, I got 10 shots off and got most within bullseye standing but I flinched on the last shot cuz the shot before bit me pretty bad, my rifle has no buttpad, only buttbrick

>hit a man at 1200 yards
oh, right. because printing a small group at 167yards is the same as humping your shit into a concealed position, waiting three days and taking a life

give range and cut it out with the mallninja cringe. just numbers here

1moa is roughly 1 inch at 100 yards. Keep trying, sweetie. You'll learn how to use your glass one day.

what is that, 250 or 300?

Just an fyi, I shoot mainly just for the fun of it, idgaf about MOA and being a snob about it, it's an older .30-06 rifle, I'm here joking about how my mom says I'm a good shot everytime I come home from the range, not acting like I have the best grouping in the history of mankind

Zero confirm group at 200 yards in 30 MPH winds. Shooting from a seated position from a bipod and rear bag. Fite me.

I agree he's being cringey about his one 'alright' group he has a pic of, but come on man, it's 200 yds, simple division.

Oh fuck let me get the target I had when I was shooting 200

>30 MPH winds
which direction

Would ya look at me I'm the prodigal son of Simon hayha look at my grouping

Attached: 1552805026139310986021001550206.jpg (2560x1440, 1.13M)

Right to left, coming from just forward of 3 oclock. First round is the outlier, under estimated the wind. My flag wad straight horizontal and i didnt see it flicking so i shot for 25 mph

Throw out the couple fliers, thats not a bad group for practical shooting. Good on ya

How are you shooting? That would be a decent group for offhand.
I've been practicing my seated sling shooting w/ irons lately. Groups looked down about 50% from my last range trip. Half bullseyes at 100 yds.

The one from today from zeroing I was standing, the one from 200 yards was from a bench

Nice. Bipod? Sling? Scope?

When I was shooting at 200 it was all pretty much trial and error until i found the g o o d s p o t also idk shit about moa so if that ruler helps to find it you could try to find the moa if you want

What rifle are you shooting?

>.67 MOA
>alright
>world class shooters are between .5 and .3 moa
>""" alright"""

Attached: nopeavi.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Just off a bench rest and a bushnell banner

Cartridge, rifle? Nice group for that kind of wind

Parker hale mauser 1200

I think it's the safari model

Attached: 20190128_170837.jpg (2160x2160, 1.81M)

MOA is a subdivision of a degree. An angle measuring one minute of angle (MOA) will create a line that is roughly 1 inch long at 100 yards, 2 inches long at 200 yards, 3 inches long at 300 yards and so on. When measuring accuracy, your linear group size will increase as you shoot farther and farther away. Your ANGULAR group size, that being the size of your group in minutes of angle, will remain fairly constant no matter what range you shoot.

Theres exceptions. High winds will affect you more at longer ranges than shorter ranges as winds above 25 MPH can be dificult to read accurately and are often very gusty. Once your bullet drops below the speed of sound the mechanical accuracy of the round itself becomes a bit of a crapshoot unless you have very specifically tailored ammunition.

Bretty good. Keep working at it, and consider handloading. 30-06 is cheap and easy

Lmao wut. My first time ever shooting I shot a sub 4 inch group at 400 yds in a canyon with multiple crosswinds. Serious competitive prone/benchrest shooters will put bullets so tight at 100 yds that it will appear to be a single bullet hole. An alright bolt-action rifle with handloads from a a bench with a sandbag should put you sub-MOA. Maybe you're thinking about sling or offhand shooters? Or people using semi auto competition rifles?

.308 out of a savage axis 2. Best value rifle i have ever owned. The bolt is a little rough, but i have never gotten this kind of accuracy out of a budget beater that cost me less than 500 dollars fully kitted.

'fugging garbo', lol, post your groups. *grabs the hole punch and a target*

Cloverleafs at 100 yards are only .5moa. World class bench shooters (not railgun shooters) ate shooting about .3 MOA. Thats 3/10ths of an inch center to center with bullets that are 3/10ths of an inch wide. Shooting "one ragged hole" at 100 yards IS .3 MOA, thats basic math.

You shot a 1moa group, thats really good. Study and patience go a long way to making a succesful shooter and with some tutoring a beginning shooter can easily reach 1 MOA very quickly. Most people i teach to shoot will learn the fundamentals and be printing 1moa groups in their first 50 rounds down range. You had an excelent start, keep practicing.

Welcome, newfag. First day on fourchannel?

Lol $500 rifle and $190 scope, casualfag ftw on gear

I

f l e x

Damn well I gotta say that's impressive. I was looking at that before I bought my 5R, which actually hasn't been shooting as well as I'd hoped. Replacing the trigger helped some, gonna be firelapping the barrel next week. Been shooting federal match but I'll be developing loads for it soon.

>he thinks i spent 500 on the rifle
Huehue. I actually got the rifle on sale with the rebate for a cool 300. Got an SWFA scope on sale over christymas for half off and have a crapwell bipod and a sock full of rice to finish out the kit. It was 500 dollars TOTAL for a subMOA rifle.

what a time to be alive

I'm talking about my rifle, holy fucc no need to green text

Also I'm severely confused on what modern rifle doesnt shoot submoa

At under 700 dollars? Most of them.

zoomer detected
15 years ago, it would have been thousands of dollars.
30 years ago, it wouldn't have happened outside the most extreme cases

>15-30 years

Yes

Extremely modern

Have you SEEN wuggy's groups?

And maybe yeah if it was 30 years ago itd be something to brag about, but it's with a modern $450 orsomeshit gun

Postgroups

If any Joe schmoe with $500 can go out and buy a brand new gun that shoots submoa and can actually do it what makes you better?

Uuuuuuhyoufuckintard

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-032212_Chrome.jpg (1080x1046, 472K)

you are intoxicated, inhibited by sleep deprivation or just stupid

not just any joe shmo can do it. need dedication and practice
the kit might be cheap, but you can't buy skill

The fact that joe shmoe is only shooting submoa off a vice attached to a concrete block, not off a pile of dirt while sitting on a backpack. Real shooters dont compare benched and viced group sizes.

>any modern gun can shoot submoa
>posts a 4moa group
WDHMBT?

Plenty of people shoot better than "ragged holes" at 100 yds. I'm sure you know that the records are generally several decimal points of MOA. Regardless, .3 MOA is very different from .5 is very different from .67. It's also an entirely different level to reliably print a group. So I'm not sure why you're surprised that a competent shooter has one picture of a .67 group.

>surprised somebody has one .67 MOA group
I consistently shoot .7 or better, its my group. World records are the epitome of competition, not the average competitor or even the average winning score. World class competitors arent breaking records every time they shoot and those single hole groups are more rare in competition than you think.

That's why 5 .30 holes are touching at 200 yards and 4 .30 holes arent

And if its comparing going out and actually trying versus going out with a cousin to literally just to shoot it is a little unfortunate

Do you think group size is just a few shots you pick willy nilly from every round fired?

And it must suck going to a range alone, just to try to be a show off to the internet

Not having family or friends out to have a good time and to have fun with a gun

Sitting on a backpack and resting on a pile of dirt on a day that has fucking 30mph wind

Yes, willy nilly, as can be seen from the adjustment of shot placement before said 5 shot group

Atleast when I go to shoot I have fun and socialize

A l l
A l o n e

Attached: pPdNZ3c.jpg (818x503, 163K)

Hopefully you find a friend to go shooting with one day who doesnt know too much so you can show off your cheap rifle and lil ole dirt pile

I take my leave with this
"You're shit, timmy, keep practicing:

Attached: IMG_20190317_035927_892.jpg (1280x1240, 104K)

However this might be a better image to use

Of targets

With .30 holes

Both at 200 yards

Both with holes from previous shots

I really hope he didnt get too consumed by loneliness desu

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-040345_Telegram.jpg (802x373, 194K)

>i...i wasnt actually trying
>t..thats why my group is 4 times the size of yours
Mhm
> 4/14 bullseye hits
>3 MOA group
Vs
>3/4 bullseye hits
>.67 MOA
Give me a round count and distance, i will happily compete with you any day.

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-030435_Range Buddy.jpg (800x1280, 579K)

>ALL MODERN RIFLES ARE SUBMOA!
so close

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-031134_Range Buddy.jpg (800x1280, 457K)

Might be fair to count these outliers if you'll count mine

Attached: IMG_20190317_041633_955.jpg (991x1280, 140K)

Also 1980s parker hale really isnt modern at this point

>ignores own outliers

If you'll count ten of my shots, the least you could do is count all 8 of yours

Better yet, if you'll only count the closest grouping, why not put mine through your little app again

b e t t e r y e t
Count 4 of your closest against 4 of my closest

There werent any outliers. I zeroed on that target, covered the holes, and shot a confirming group of four rounds. Proceeded to break clays that i hid in the bushes growing out of the berm.
Dont pretend you were adjusting your zero and magically went from 3 MOA to under .5. You blasted that target with all 14 rounds and 5 of them stacked up. Thats it. Give me a round count and a distance and we'll see who has the best groups. Record the entire string and then end the video with a still of the target. Im happy to compete.
>j..just ignore all conventions of shooting for accuracy and pick the best 4 shots
I dont need to cheat to win.

>I dont understand windage, drop or Coriolis effect the post.

You cant just take a .5 moa group and say you can hit a 10 inch plate at 2000 yards.

Or maybe that my 4 tightest shots makes you not want to do anything else but mock

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-043822_Range Buddy.jpg (1080x1920, 740K)

I mean I will count a fifth shot

Drop and coriolis are constants. If you cant account for those then you're brain dead. Windage is easily manageable with practice [spoiler] or a kestrel [/spoilersdontworkherelololo]

>you just want to make fun of me!
>ignores the invits of a friendly competition
>wont actually shoot a real group because he knows it would be a 3MOA dumpster fire
Lmao

Go build some more dirt piles

Attached: 20190317_045346.jpg (1280x966, 427K)

Kek

>scared to compete
>"""""tryhard"""""
Go back

You just want someone to shoot with, dont you, squidward

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-044407_Range Buddy.jpg (1080x1920, 735K)

I do agree, it just bothers me to no end when people say that 1 moa is a 10 inch plate @1k. Shit gets a lot harder when you start shooting further.

Ore complex but not more dificult. As long as you're vigilant in your calc, 1,000 yards isnt going to ruin you for being off 5% on anything besides wind. Drop and coriolis are baked in to your drop table. The only "guess" work is the wind itself and even that is fairly repeatable once you know what to look for.

My wife is my spotter and i never go to the range alone. Sorry, friend.

Im awful at windage, and my local distance range is ALWAYS windy. Sucks.

Stick some flags on your target board and buy something from here
weatherflow.com/wind-weather-meters/
Estimate your wind using the environment. Estimate it by feel. THEN check with a meter. It wont take long before you have a really solid skill at wind reading. Take it with you and go on a hike somewhere. Wander off the beaten path and check the wind in different terrain. Fastest way to learn is to actually try reading wind off the range.

My man, will do. Shits hard cause theres 3 gullies over the range and the winds never consistent. Could be a 10mph wind this way @ 300 and 25 mph another way @ 700. Im mostly a 100 yard group chaser thats trying to get into longer distance shooting.

Whats the elevation difference between the peaks and valleys? Most of the crosswind is going to be from pressure zones IN the gulleys, but the wind a couple feet above it will likely be moving a single direction. The best thing you could do is wander around down range just taking wind readings. Get readings at the peaks, remember that your bullet is far above ground level and will be avoiding a lot of the turbulence caused by low gullies

Probably 50 to 70ft difference in the gullies, unfortunately I'm a cripple so I cant wonder down range =/

Fucking hell this is autistic. Maybe this is me being in a state where you’re lucky to be shooting past 200 yards (only range in my state with over 100 yards requires a 5K a year membership. Welcome to Georgia) but if you’re doing practical shooting 1-2 MOA is perfectly fine. Then again I’m the guy shooting a FAL at 100 yards and let’s just say that’s not exactly a needle gun, but point stands. Back when I used to have my savage axis 2 a year or so back I could put a .5 MOA group at 100 yards with Sig 6.5 Creed ammo. Personally I don’t need anything more accurate. You don’t need to shoot some fag in an exact quad section of his heart to kill him just hit him anywhere and he’ll at least drop. Not to mention that most fighting in the real world is at 300 yards or less.

Besides why do you people talk about shooting someone from 1200 yard anyway, is if you’re ever going to do that?

And before anyone asks: no I don’t have the targets from that range session cause I sold that rifle almost a year ago, I rarely keep targets anyway.

You're moving the goalposts. .5 MOA is typical for competition (so what), not "world class." The better guys at my range routinely shoot .5 MOA or less. I'm a mediocre shooter and every 50 rounds or so I'll print one .5-.6 MOA group. It's bound to happen if you're shooting sub-MOA, that's basic probability. That's why I said his group is "alright." Would be "good" if he could repeat it, but since that's the one he snapped a pic of, I doubt it.

neither of you has specified what caliber your firearm is, wether it's a rifle or pistol, if you're shooting from a bench or bipod or sandbags, what kinds of optics you have...

TL;DR you're both retarded until you give necessary details.

yes, OP specified a rifle, but it could be an old fucking krag with fucked rifling.

It ended up being 4 shot group from a newer savage axis and a 5 shot group from a 20 year old parker hale

And op shot from a rest with a bushnell banner scope on a .30-06 parker hale 1200

thoughts on this?
this is at 100 yrds
kneeling
also i could not actually see the target due to poor lighting conditions and needing glasses
these 4 shots were after i had shot what i thought was a group but then realized the target had fallen over slightly
i was just shooting where i guessed the target would be based on its surroundings i saw thru my rangefinder
im guessing mosin can do better than 6 MOA if i could actually see and was a better shot in general
also this was my second time firing this rifle
which is my first open sighted and first bolt action rifle ive owned

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-191229.png (1280x720, 1.05M)