Since the dawn of man, humanity has used stimulants and all kinds of drugs in war

Since the dawn of man, humanity has used stimulants and all kinds of drugs in war.

Whether to feel the lust to kill or numb out what’s going on around you. Or fight through agonizing pain. What is the next stage for battle stimulants?

>Khat was used by the Somalis in black hawk down and many ignored the pain of being shot and fought on

Attached: 91A0F35A-15BA-4014-8A61-EED4F8299FD9.jpg (660x494, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrugclassroom.com/video/modafinil/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimo_Koivunen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel Vietnam was peak drug use. You had LSD, meth, weed and cocaine. Heroin and shrooms out in the field. And even to this day still drugged out combat homeless vets.

Modafinil
/thread

>/threading your own post
No, fuck you

No really, there isn't much point in further discussion
Modafinil is the only choice

>Lists one slightly nootropic compound
>No need for further discussion

Attached: 1552583166464.jpg (625x351, 55K)

Ok, do you have any better ideas?
I'll shoot them down for you.

>You had LSD, meth, weed and cocaine. Heroin and shrooms out in the field.
Probably only meth would even be useful, the rest of those would inhibit your ability in warfare. It'd have to be low doses of meth too, because there were plenty of problems with its use by the Germans in WW2, that I'm pretty sure they ended up stopping supply to all the soldiers outside of the Eastern Front and even restricted the use within Germany. I've never bothered to look up specifically what issues they found with it, but they certainly found medium term use at their regular dosages wasn't good for their soldiers.

>No really, there isn't much point in further discussion
>Modafinil is the only choice
Methylphenidate and dexamphetamine would be broadly useful too. For specific roles, there are probably dozens of drugs that could be useful in specific roles.

Furthermore, while I said that those recreational drugs quoted above would inhibit combat performance, they could definitely be used in a controlled manner for recuperation. There are plenty of legitimate studies that indicated in the past the usefulness of things like LSD and MDMA in therapy.
That opens the possibility of say, if you just saw your buddy's head blown away by some Hadji wielding a 12.7mm rifle, you might get rotated out for a week or two to drop some acid while talking to a counsellor.

So no, not really.

>combat stims
>talks about PTSD treatment
Methylphenidate and dexamphetamine are also much more liable to get your average crayon chewer addicted, can induce stimulant psychosis more readily, have far worse comedowns and put far more physical strain on the body. There is no advantage
/thread

You don't get to /thread your post even if you write God's absolute truth you fucking nigger

Stay mad
You're still wrong

I was talking about treatment in addition to direct use in combat, hence why I introduced that entirely separate paragraph with 'Furthermore.'

Methylphenidate is not addictive, you can stop it abruptly with no physical symptoms of addiction. At controlled levels, the risks of these medications are pretty minor.

Psychosis is a possible side effect of basically all psychiatric medications, including modafinil, so I'm not sure why you're bringing that up.

So as far as I can tell, you're a Wiki warrior that is lecturing people from a foundation of sand as the tide comes in.

There is a far higher risk of psychosjs with the medications you have listed
I actually have experience with all drugs listed too and I am very involved in the drug safety community.
Just use modafinil.

>I actually have experience with all drugs listed too and I am very involved in the drug safety community.
Wow, what impressive credentials for someone so clearly ignorant.
When's your latest trip report gonna be published, duuuude?

What's stopping your crayon eater from saving up their MPH pills, crushing them up and snorting them?
That'll give you a wicked high
Compare that to Modafinil having literally 0 recreational potential.

You're the one that wants the gobahment to give you recreational stims just for enlisting.
Stop hijacking our board to justify your addiction.

>You're the one that wants the gobahment to give you recreational stims just for enlisting.
I'm not op, I couldn't give a fuck either way but there's always more tools in the toolkit, and to deny that fact is embarrassing.
I've also been a complete teetotaler for the last twelve years, barring three social occasions (weddings, funerals, etc.)

But nice deflection, Junkie McCranknose.

Its called dip and ripits

Alright enough shitslinging, let's rerail this.
Combat: Modafinil/classic stimulants
PTSD treatment: entactogens/psychs
Anything else we can add? Just make this a Jow Forumsrugs general?

Guy responding on the other end of the comms would need to chill out and remain calm while listening to people he knows having their legs unceremoniously amputated by IEDs, so I'd give him an anxiolytic.

Benzos are probably best for that
Hydroxyzine would be less addictive, but it might just be too mild to blot out the horrors of war

but he did and theres nothing you can do about it.

>MFW 2005 deployed in Mosul we get ambushed by small arms
>Stupid fucking gunny swallowed his dip but all of sudden had a huge burst of energy and rage
>MFW he ended up throwing up during the ambush anyways

Dexedrine was issued. Basically meth. Especially to LRRPs. Ive tried similar and it is not something i would want to take on a battlefield. Hypervigilance and irritability in a combat situation would probably make you feel like the world was coming to an end. Also the longer you use it the more paranoid and divorced from reality you become. It'll scramble your brain.

Adding to this. Hypervigilance is bad because when you are so intently focused on the world around you, sudden noises and disruptions really jangle your nerves. It makes you instantly (maybe violently) hostile to the source of the disruption.

See, this is why I said Modafinil would be best

If its not amphetamine based what is it?

Shit. Nevermind. Its like an adenosine blocker. And its still shrouded in mystery. Weird.

thedrugclassroom.com/video/modafinil/
LOTS of pharmacology is still very mysterious. More info in link related

Steroids and pcp. That will keep them in the game.

Also alternately crying and punching themselves in the face out of anger.

Khat ain’t no joke boy. That shit is hardcore, it’s like a mixture between cocaine and DMT and steroids, PCP rolled up with some ecstasy laced into it.

>MFW when my old African professor in my bio class used to work for Oxford in the 1970s and they were studying khat and how it differed from different desert regions
>One particular thing he noted was how psychoactive it is when he accidentally exposed himself to a burning khat root
>”Although it lasted a mere 3 minutes I felt a sudden adrenaline rush and numbness to my face. Added to it I felt as if I was getting a massage around my nose.”

Equipoise, modafinil, and beta blockers. Increase their cardiovascular output, keep them alert, and the beta blocker to keep them calm, perceive less stress, and mitigate the chances of PTSD.

My family has a friend that was MacV SOG. He told us they would be given stuff to keep them amped up because they would go on patrols that would go 3 days straight without sleep.
When they would return to base, they would take shots of Johnny Walker and opiates to fall asleep.

The Germans realised that after using meth for an extended amount of time the soldiers required a high downtime to be combat effectice again. That was in of itself more annoying that usefill so they limited the use to specific missions that required long uptime but allowed for a long downtime afterwards too. Pilots for example could fit into those specifications.

> not wanting your next war to take place in the daemonea dimension requiring you to fight nightmares as well as the (perceived) enemy

>Pharmakeia
No thanks.

I eat Kylie Jenner's anal beads

rips its and dip

You cant, you already /threaded yourself, so now you have to shut the fuck up.

Fake Kanye. Real Kanye only posts on Jow Forums. Also, no way would I let anyone do something so environmentally irresponsible with my anal beads as excrete them back into the environment. All of my anal beads, once their useful lifetime is exhausted, go directly into the recycling stream to produce the bottles and sometimes ingredients of my line of award winning health and beauty products.

Hell yeah brother

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimo_Koivunen

Attached: finns on meth.png (1280x2090, 569K)

C4 is my drug nigga

Attached: c4.jpg (500x453, 40K)

what are you talking about I've done khat a bunch of times and would compare it to be moderately drunk.