Do Americans still make good firearms or have they been eclipsed by European gunmakers?

Do Americans still make good firearms or have they been eclipsed by European gunmakers?

Attached: 1525761817917.jpg (640x715, 207K)

I prefer European handguns. I have a 1911 and it's a piece. I love my Colt AR though. CZ and HK are my preferred brands. I'm an American from New York that moved to Tennessee.

Define “good”
There are a few good big name manufacturers like Ruger, Savage, Henry, HiPoint. Lotsa less mainstream companies like Big Horn Armory and Freedom Arms.
There’s a few others like FMK that are based in principal, but HQ’d in California.
There used to be more like H&R, but they are just rebranded turkshit now.
Marlin is trying to redeem themselves. Others are just shell of their former selves like Colt, S&W and Remington.

Oh I forgot about Mossberg.
They are based.

Get the fuck out of Tennessee

>American from New York
Paradox
New Yorkers are not viewed as being American by the rest of the country.

America has private companies producing for the mass market, and a large civilian firearms community too. So there's a lot of innovation and good stuff, but also a lot of rather mediocre guns on the market. Europe meanwhile has tons of national (subsidized) manufacturers and generally more wealthy gun owners, so the average quality will be higher. They're not doing well at innovating though.
Also, every other european state wants its own service rifle, so you've got tons of local subsidized developments, some of them frankly better than the aging AR15 that americans just won't replace. Just look at how Germany, Czechia and Poland are all making their own ACR clone...

Colt and Remington sure, but S&W is probably the most prolific US gun manufacturer after Ruger. Regardless of how you feel about their current revolvers, their M&P line of guns has been a success.

Its been the same way for almost 200 years now. They both make good shit and some awful shit. Nothing new.

I'm steadfast of the opinion that US manufacturers haven't designed a truly good firearm since 1995. Most strikers are pretty cookie cutter in performance and are put together so inexpensive yet sold for so much (exceptions to M&P Shield, SDs, and Ruger AAs) and the rifle market is pretty much Bolts, AR-derivatives (both 10s and 15s), Amerishit AK clones, or Lever actions with no fucking loading gates because Henry has the big gay.

Attached: 18165.jpg (533x399, 32K)

European manufacturers are generally better in this day and age. The Us juggernauts like colt Winchester and Remington are just the brand and name being used to milk retards who think they’re the same company from back in the day. Smaller/newer manufacturers are doing ok but they’re mostly making AR15s and that’s about it. The ones that try to do other stuff (Century Arms and PSA come to mind) suck shit and couldn’t make a proper AK if their lives depended on it. Sadly besides whatever gay shit Ruger and S&W are up to when they aren’t being anti-gun is the best America has for leaders in the industry.

Meanwhile FN and HK literally supply the civilized world with their firearms and largely supplanted the Domestic European arsenal. Beretta also shouldn’t be counted out.

Sad state of affairs for us Americans

Attached: C2077EE3-BA23-489E-BAB1-ADEABEED4EBD.png (788x756, 285K)

They were basically the best out there, but I will not give nu-S&W one red cent.
Their lobbyists directly financially supported gun control, let alone the whole “Hillary hole” thing.
Just like Benchmade and Surefire, I wash my hands of them. Just my opinion, you do you.

European manufacturers are opening US operations that are producing better firearms.

Sure us Eurocucky in here this morning.
Can any of you even own guns LMAO!

The only complaint I ever hear about Colt is they charge more money because of the brand name. They are still solid rifles. Their QA is still good and the materials they use are too, unlike say Remington.

Extreme neoliberalism/capitalism has ruined US guns, good guns come from social-democracies like Germany, Italy and Belgium

>tfw non Jew Yorkers will never understand the divide between upstate and downstate and how many NY-to-out-of-state 'migrants' are rural-life upstaters tired of getting pissed on by the city
Can't help where you're born, man.

Texan here
Just to confirm, yep.
If you are from New York or California, we don’t like you.
Period.
Maybe you could leave the state and disavow?

>Maybe you could leave the state and disavow?

Just as not everyone can help where they're born, they also can't help being born into a situation too poor to move anywhere.

Just because you are born into a poor situation doesn’t mean you can’t better yourself and grow out of it.

ruger is no longer owned by the old man

I feel your pain man.
I'm from Jew Jersey, so same problem here basically.

Funny I used to feel the same about Texans, then I stopped giving a shit where people are from.

Carpetbagger

Satan from nj

>living in NJ
Your numbers reveal a deep message

Attached: tfw_frogs.png (213x267, 83K)

I feel you.
I’m leaving for the south soon. I promise I won’t vote until I’m familiar with the local culture.

I'd believe it.

No argument there.

Better than nothin I guess. Damn Yankees.

when will physical removal of carpetbaggers begin?

i completely agree but to be fair the KR9 is quite an impressive US made AK clone, albeit blowback and in a pistol caliber

i really hope those idiots in florida can pull off a 103 like they promised

yeah call me when they but bayonet lugs and folding stocks on their mini 14s user

>piece
Stop being a nigger

We can make good ARs, which is fine, because that's all anyone seems to want.

I grew up in suburban California, I understand what it feels like when leftist jackasses turn your state into their nightmarish hell and they outnumber you, making your vote meaningless.

>There are a few good big name manufacturers like Ruger, Savage, Henry, HiPoint.
>HiPoint

kek, I sincerely apologize for the retard. Children are not supposed to be on this site, but they show up and act out anyway.