Haven't seen a gas mask thread in a while, looking to get into CBRN preparedness

Haven't seen a gas mask thread in a while, looking to get into CBRN preparedness.

ITT we post gas masks and what you think of them, anons.

Attached: sge4003hd-2-doomsdayprep.jpg (606x736, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273380293428
youtu.be/zl8Ki0-gLwk
approvedgasmasks.com/child-smartaf.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3o3n8NKd1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The best quality for you money is an mcu, or a millennium if you want a fresher one

Attached: MVIMG_20180924_144141-800x600.jpg (800x600, 127K)

Pic related is an SGE 400/3 gas mask, which takes 40mm NATO filters and is rated for maximum CBRN protection. It's been tested to be worn for six days straight without discomfort.

It has a drinking valve which attaches to a standard canteen.

The full face polycarbonate visor is load bearing, which takes the stress off the silicon face seal. It has snaps for contamination hoods.

The whole setup is held up by a six point quick release harness. It has 3 different spots to mount a 40mm filter so that it can be configured to the user's personal preferences. This also makes it easier to get a proper cheek weld to a rifle stock.

Seriously the only downside to pic related that I can see is the price. It MSRPs for around $200 on their website, but I've found it for around $170 new on Ebay. I'd say its ideal not to cheap out on PPE.
The manufacturer is Mestel.

How much does it normally run for? I've been looking for other options besides the one I posted. Seems like a nice mask.

Attached: sge400-3-with-drinking-tube_1.jpg (600x600, 54K)

What's the cheapest gas mask that will probably work in a low to miss tier CBRN situation/stalker larp ?

Asbestos gang up in this bitch

Attached: kisspng-gp-5-gas-mask-gas-mask-5ac56ae9dd18d9.2328464815228874019056.jpg (900x800, 124K)

You can get em for around $50 on eBay usually

You could use an old GP-5 gas mask, but take care not to use the old filter. They had small amounts of asbestos in them so just buy the newer 40mm NATO filters. The only thing I have about GP-5s is that the hair on the back of your head can break the seal if it's too long or thick, but other than that, go for it. They run for about $30 on Amazon I think.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (639x640, 57K)

Scratch that, they run closer to $20 for a good one.

I have a GP5, but the 40mm GOST filter is incompatible with 40mm NATO filters

I'll be sure to check it out, thanks

40mm Ghost masks don't take 40mm NATO filters well at all

Lol you might as well not wear the mask when you are going to use nato filters on on Russian mask

I see, I was told they'd work with the regular NATO filters. Sorry for the misinformation.

Attached: 71rLBm8BG3L._SX466_.jpg (466x556, 24K)

See

What does Jow Forums think about the M50 gas mask that the USMC uses? Is it actually worth the money or is it overpriced? Are the filters easy to find?

Attached: 110203-M-8527P-049.jpg (3300x2400, 3.57M)

They work really well
Personally I would rather Avon M12 bc aesthetics and they look like they conform to the face more than the M50
It was really weird trying to ADS with the M50

Attached: fm12_header6.jpg (1920x786, 251K)

Has anyone made a mask thst will work with a beard yet? Or do I just have to hope I've got time to slather on some petroleum jelly.

Np, they're great. I bought an mcu2ap just to steal the internal microphone and swap it into my millennium
It's definitely a good mask and works well with a helmet, but I wouldn't get one just because of the non NATO filters.

Attached: IMG_20180929_121053.jpg (1200x1600, 367K)

I haven't seen any masks that can accommodate a beard, vaseline or petroleum jelly would work but ideally it's best not to have facial hair in a situation like that.

Guess I'll just die then.

Dropped some good loot over here.

Which gas mask to I get to LARP as an NCR veteran ranger?

Bonus points if it's actually a decent functional gas mask

Attached: Veteran-Ranger-Fallout-Coat.jpg (570x708, 77K)

Maybe a Czech M10? It's a little big on the bottom but you might be able to make it work.

Attached: UhZMbB8.jpg (853x1200, 187K)

M40 would probably be the closest

Attached: M40-A1-Gas-Mask-2.jpg (500x375, 52K)

How good of a cheek weld do you get with it?

Still trying to find some NATO filters that don't break the bank. Also fuck surplus stores
>advertise they have Real NATO Filters ©®™
>decide to visit and check it out
>"Here's all the filters we have"
>eight very clearly GP-5 filters, and marked as such
Come on guys, a table of Cyrillic letters is easy to find

Attached: 1536751511285.png (650x550, 540K)

Can your any of these with glasses?

you do need some sort of cushion on your stock to prevent clacking but overall very well. It does a good job of cupping the face while also leaving the neck and cheek area relatively clear

Attached: MVIMG_20190317_112530.jpg (3264x2448, 2.03M)

I can get something like pic related for free at work. If I got one of these, and then some goggles with a good seal would that work as a gas mask?

Attached: 5T569_AS01.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

Most newer masks, even surplus, have glasses inserts

I feel like this gets left out of a lot of the threads, but it should be noted that a good gas mask only confers as much protection as you have additional PPE. Without a hood, gloves, over boots, and of course the suit itself are critical if you are concerned with anything more dangerous than OC tear gas and airborne dust particulate matter. These are my two main concerns in an urban bug out scenario but there is a lot more to CBRN preparedness than that alone.

For particulates yeah, they do make chem filters for those but it's nowhere near CBRN levels

Attached: IMG_20190317_102904.jpg (720x1000, 113K)

Jesus, you shills never really stop do you? Honestly, you could just get a GP-5/ShM-41, as long as the rubber is good and it creates an airtight seal, which most of them do, you're perfectly fine. Just remember to swap out the old ass filters for new NATO ones.

t. 74D

Attached: 516846813846814135884.jpg (1600x1073, 361K)

Who knew one man could be so wrong?

An MSA Millenium for 50 bucks?

I see a lot of chinese knockoffs for that kind of price, but not the real deal.

That's why I prep full mopp. And yes, I know that suit is dead now, I have spares

Attached: MVIMG_20180907_114826-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.35M)

With the right filter and some tight sealing goggles it would work against OC tear gas and dangerous particulates floating around in the aftermath of a building collapse. Not useless, but definitely not fit for CBRN operations.

You didn't even read the thread did you?

is there any gas mask where there's enough room to wear glasses and doing so won't break the seal?

Attached: 1546936527015.png (1440x1557, 738K)

Yeah you have to wait for one to pop up on eBay at that price, but it happens occasionally. Never even heard of a Chinese knockoff millennium
rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273380293428

The confusion here is nomenclature. You aren't looking for a 'gas mask'. You are looking for a protective mask.

'Gas' implies that you have an external supply of breathable air and a non permeable/sealed mask. Firefighters wear gas masks, otherwise known as Self Contained Breathing Apparatus. Aircraft egress bottles are also gas masks. These are active systems, providing breathable air from a closed tank.

A "Protective Mask" uses a filter to remove toxic particulates from the air. These are passive systems, they provide filter protection in an otherwise toxic environment. It does not protect you from gases that are heavier than or displace breathable air. It merely removes the 'stuff' in the air. It doesn't work against smoke, it does not give you air in an airless environment. Chemical agents in aerosol form, you'll want a protective mask.

As I learned from the other anons in the thread, the GP-5 won't take NATO filters. I wrote the description about the SGE 400/3 because it's a quality mask, and when it comes to CBRN threats it's best not to cheap out. I don't have any affiliations with Mestel so I'm not shilling their products, I just genuinely like them.

Attached: 1548195855319.jpg (510x275, 27K)

Absolutely. I'm just interested in masks for now because I can easily get the rest of the PPE, but I just wanted some second opinions from more experienced people on what might be the best mask to complete my kit.

Whew lads

That won't protect against CBRN but remember, ANYTHING is better than nothing at all. You should invest in a real gas mask sometime user.

Yeah, I can certainly understand buying the most expensive but also most versatile piece of equipment first.

I've heard that the color (black vs gray) means the rubber or whatever is a different material, and some people have preferences on which, but not an explanation on what that difference is, or why it matters. Can you help explain it?

Hmm I heard about this but forgot most of the info. I believe the millennium is a little thicker and tougher material that stands up to blistering agents much better

You could consider a good type mask. I know they have to have something, because there are obviously Sikh military personnel, and I highly doubt the brass could go with a "guess they'll die. lol" type answer.

idk anything about gas masks, why do some gas masks have filters connected by a long tube but others have filters connected directly to the mask?

The PMK-5 is a e s t h e t i c

Attached: images (6)(4).jpg (600x400, 23K)

>inb4 thread either turns to furry posting or drone posting
>tfw it makes it better

*hood, sorry, should have proofread.

Is there a reason that so many modern masks went this way? The one you posted, the MSA Millennium, sg-400, they all look extremely similar.

better peripheral view, only downside is that the visor is more exposed to impacts.

On a related note, what's a good bang-for-the-buck mask that allows a good cheek/chinweld and accepts NATO filters?

The gp5 masks work perfectly with polish fp5 filters.

Old filters were bulky and heavy, it helped to be able to carry them in a bag

This. also the detached filters could be used for a way longer time, and filtered out more particles.

based, and they go for about 8 USD on ebay, AND the FP-5 fits both NATO and GOST thread.

When the asbestos hits

youtu.be/zl8Ki0-gLwk

Attached: 1551366048626.png (294x425, 201K)

Millennium. Or Swiss or Israeli surplus if you're cheap. Btw the millennium visor flexes to prevent damage, and the ballistic visors are removable

Attached: IMG_20190317_124117-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 1.16M)

Any civilian options for a battle buddy?

Attached: 1494167582685.jpg (400x400, 57K)

Im new to the whole gas mask thing, can someone explain this meme?

Just some dipshit arguing semantics

Thanks dud, how's the voice diaphragm on the millennium masks?

Attached: m02018020300002.jpg (920x613, 115K)

So none of it is technically wrong? Im really worried about getting the wrong information.

The most I've found are WW1/WW2 era masks for our canine pals. You could get an infant hood like this approvedgasmasks.com/child-smartaf.htm And modify it for your dog, but that would take some work.

No he's not wrong, in an airless environment you'd want scba, but against most chemical attacks and disasters proper mopp will do it's job. there was an user on here who used to clean up chemical weapons and wore the same mopp for over a year

He is incorrect, a gas mask is what is being discussed in this thread. That is, something to filter out harmful "particulate" matter and neutralize some chemical agents, e.g. FM12, GP-5, Millenium and all these cool things. SCBA systems are totally different.

The gray is the actual sealing surface the black is a cover much like the hard lense. You can see in the photo all the ports are in the gray part

But he got fucked up. The official rating of JSLIST is for 12 hours in a fully contaminated environment.

While they do make a black 'second skin' that goes over the mask, this is incorrect. The gray is the (usually older) surplus version and the black is often marketed to civilians

Attached: IMG_20190317_131046-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.29M)

A little muffled as expected, but there's actually two diaphragms per mask, one in front and one in the unused filter spot

The US military issues special lenses and a clip that attach to the inside.

I recommend getting lasik. It's like an ACOG for your face, very nice.

Yeah absolutely, I would never recommend going past the expiration time in a carbon suit, but he didn't die a horrible death like some of the people he worked with

>but he didn't die a horrible death like some of the people he worked with
Wew that was a fucked up thread, one dude dropped like a fly immediately after opening a chemical weapons bunker.

drop the screencap desu

Attached: 1551250474146.jpg (720x670, 87K)

mine are, i'm the faggot mentioned at 1:59 in this vid youtube.com/watch?v=Z3o3n8NKd1U

Attached: SDC12650.jpg (2796x2088, 1.1M)

Just because they can screw together does not meant they are compatible.
GOST and DIN thread are both 40 mm but the thread pitch and profile are different.
You are not guaranteed a gas tight seal if you use the wrong filters.

Well i learned something. The ones i was issued with were always gray with black covers. But i got out in 2013

So, that's a 3M 6000 series half-face, they're basically junk.
The 7000 series is where it's at, for 3M half-face masks.

For full-face, the 3M FF-400 or 7800 series are the cat's ass for industrial protection.

>Czech m10
You know all m10 filters are expired right?

This please. Or an archive i wanna read this shit.

generally, i would agree with you. but, as i proved in the thread that is mentioned in the video i linked, i have the masterrace gp5 that for some reason IS NATO compatible. you never know unless you try.

Attached: SDC12638.jpg (3648x2432, 1.8M)

Well if he wants to actually use the mask then no, but for general larping like he said then I don't see the problem lol

You know particulate filters don't actually expire? Same with activated carbon.

I guess I don't get bonus points then

How so, exactly? He’s being autistic about nomenclature (on a clips/magazines or “assault rifle” tier of autism), but he’s technically correct. When I went through CBRD training, and again when I got my HAZWOPER cert, they pointed out the distinction.

Anybody who recommends using any kind of milsurp for a real CBRN event is larping hard. Or they have no clue what they’re talking about. Any full face, NIOSH approved, civilian respirator with multigas cartridges will be sufficient for any event that doesn’t require suiting up. If you need to suit up, you’re gonna need the training, infrastructure, training, decon facility, training, support, and training to function in that environment. You’ll also need the training.

It is nominally possible to set up a solo decon facility. There’s zero margin for error, and you would have to keep up on your training.

A full face respirator would be a better option.

There's also the added benefit that most gaseous based chemical weapons are heavier than air, that is they float up. Your waist is closer to the ground than your head (unless you're like me and you keep your head stored firmly up your own ass for safe keeping) and thus a filter at the waste will be exposed to less gas for a shorter time than a gas mask filter at your head level. At least, that was the rational for WWI style gas masks that had a filter on a tube that would basically go down to the ground level.

Too good for a piss rag, eh fancy Dan?

Jesus Christ, what a shit work detail

What bizarro world do you live that heavier things float?

Yessir

Attached: 1551479985285.jpg (540x359, 50K)

You're a faggot Slavaboo

t. 74D

underrated poster, godspeed user

Friendly reminder that the SGE series failed nearly all leak tests by NIOSH and are sold here illegally. Most of the ones on the market are chinese-made as well, with the 'assembled in U.S.' sticker just meaning that they put the harnesses on when they got here. They're not worth the $190+ price range they go for.

MSA Ultravue. They can be had for $20 for the facepieces alone, are NATO 40mm, and aren't 3-dacades old rotting slavshit.

I trust PLA gas masks more than slavshit desu.

Why do I need a gas mask? I want one but I can't think of a proper use for one. Even in a SHTF situation I can't imagine a scenario where the Globalists/Government will be gassing anything and everything for years on end.

Found an old Vietnam M17 Online, considering buying, waiting on a response to see if it's safe to wear with the filter, or if the filter can be removed.

Pic related.

Attached: GasMask.jpg (800x600, 60K)

I need a gasmask for crossplay purposes what is the gas mask the nazies used during WWII with the steel helmet?