/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Zastava USA Edition
>Thread #792

Old thread here

Attached: 52639031_377641266404821_6881825421688585128_n.jpg (1080x1079, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
discord.gg/pmfyKQz
discord.gg/MAzaGMX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Are the new VSKA guns total dogshit or not I saw a Yeager and MAC video putting them on blast about headspace but now rob ski has one that’s almost made it to 5k without any massive performance issues

What’s up?

They are total shit, don’t trust anything century makes.

Having a good Irish day /akg/?

Attached: PicsArt_03-17-03.11.02.jpg (2000x1125, 1.1M)

Dogshit.

Dogshit enough to chug through 5k rounds?

The dogma here is worse than /arg/

Attached: 1EEB487C-5E82-42DB-98B4-5BA15732532C.gif (245x320, 1.55M)

Including gunsmithing costs, because I won't build it myself, will I spend over 3k on sourcing what I need to build a true 105 clone? I'm not in a position to buy yet, but I've begun budgeting and I think I know what to expect, but I'm not 100%.

Attached: 1440136039524.jpg (204x191, 7K)

Go shill your shit somewhere else poorfag

Cross faded and heading into work when I don't need to be so it's a pretty good toss up

Both of Yeager's VSKAs failed headspace checks in under 2k rds. One of them they were literally able to shift the barrel with their bare hands.

Century's response was "a rifle that closes on a No-go gauge is fine to shoot," which is -NOT- fucking true, but is an excellent indicator of the quality of the rifles they're putting together.

Spend the extra $100 and buy a WASR.

5k rds isn't a lot.
I have 9k through my oldest AK, 2.5k through the one I bought last summer, and 500 through the one I bought last Wednesday.

No. 2500 range including the stamp.

Depends on how authentic you go and who’s doing the conversion for you.

>Century's response was "a rifle that closes on a No-go gauge is fine to shoot,"

Horseshit, you can’t tell me a legit manufacturer said this. That’s like telling me a car company said an airbag not deploying is perfectly safe. Is century really that mental?

How autistically are you defining the clone?

So what happened was Yeager had that VSKA event where they were gonna do 5k rds in one day and he invited a bunch of people including Tim from MAC.

It was a spectacular, embarrassing failure as explained above. A couple weeks later Yeager put out a damage control video at the behest of his CAI sponsors, in it saying, among other things, that closing on a "no-go" gauge is fine as long as it doesn't close on a "field" gauge.
He then got repeatedly, viciously dunked on by every person who knows what they're talking about in the world.

I can't find the damage control video anymore, so I think Yeager deleted it, but it absolutely did happen. You can still find BobSled's AKOU response where he has a professional AK builder explain how and why you should NEVER shoot a gun that closes on a "no-go" gauge.

Full authentic. All russian parts, probably going to use the guy that chopped my krink, Troy over at InRange.

As autistic as I can.

>tfw processing reclaim right now
>should be done when I get back from the bar
Gonna be a good day

>chug through 5K rounds
>literally failed before 2K

Under 3K.

Hate to be thisfag again but I found an Interarms ak74 with a full spam can for like 700. Good gun/price or no?

cool, ty

You’re welcome.

No. Barrels probably shot out and keyholing.

Interarms/High Standard builds are ok. Nothing special in a good OR bad sense. A pretty safe bet.

>no cleaning rod
>incomplete FSB
Are they still aiming for the mid-range market? Hopefully not.

They are aiming for the arsenal market, so 1000$+

I have a CIA WASR (just bought it new). I’m looking to put a red dot in it. I’m thinking of getting a RS Regular AK-303M and a Holosun Paralow to mount on it. Will I be able to get lower 1/3 cowitness with this set up?

Attached: image.jpg (700x404, 101K)

I have a Holosun on a RSR mount and while low-profile, it still sits too high to cowitness.

However since AK mounts are designed to come on and off easily without losing zero, if you're in a situation where you need to use irons, removing the optic takes about as much time as flipping up an AR's BUIS.
If you feel you NEED cowitness (Slav OPER8Rs running optics dgaf about this because of the above FYI) then an UltimAK gas tube rail or Attero Arms Bravo Mount are designed to do that.

>incomplete FSB
?

>Incomplete FSB
It lacks the night-sight cutout of later M70s but that's the only thing you could possibly mean while still being kind of correct.

That is what I meant, looking at it on my phone made it look like it had the cutout but no night sight

discord.gg/pmfyKQz

Attached: 1473294106380.png (1752x1342, 980K)

Why are there no videos other than Buffman's of 8m3 out of a SBR?

Most people just stock it, don't shoot it

Anybody else have a homemade binary trigger?

But I want to know if it'll expand in targets :(
Guess I'll have to test it on my own

You must be new here.

DIDS DA AK THRED?

Attached: _IMG6588-1000px.jpg (1000x939, 552K)

>Bobsled
Fucking kek every time man

No

fuck

The backwards Eotechs get me every time

I like your wood

Attached: baQpaAd.png (496x278, 115K)

discord.gg/MAzaGMX

>no bulged trunnion
into the trash it goes

just noticed the wojak in this meme isn't even holding an AK

not sure if bait but that's neither backwards nor an EOtech

What is it then?

VZ 58

>holosun
Oh shit lmao sorry

what are some higher quality ak's you can buy online?

Attached: 1535808722603.png (3000x1719, 2.99M)

As opposed to high quality AKs that are only available in stores?

If Valmet/Sako dont make RKs anymore then where do the Finn conscripts get theirs? Reserves?

MY WASR 10 is fucked rifle beat to shit shot it, cant zero for shit suspect its a lemon, lookng at getting a WBP FOX rifle need opinions on this? Ii am an AR guy so these rifles are bit out my league

Attached: wbp-fox-ak47-rifle-plum-5.jpg (1000x540, 797K)

Are you saying that because it's actually shit or are you just retarded?

Are the sights canted? If not, then you're probably just ass at shooting

no upon further ispetion rifle is giving me some extreme recoil very very harsh recoil, I shot a WASR 10-63 that rifle felt fine, I suspect it is because i had to replace a faulty gas tube I used a polish gas tube and believe bolt may be over gas not to sure though

Ngl you honestly type like a monkey and are talking about shit you have idea about. Post some pics

due to excessive recoil i would lose proper cheek weld upon use of WASR-10. upon shooting 10-63 I uncovered that my rifle has high recoil impulse

Ok retard

Attached: ak1.jpg (1920x1440, 800K)

Are you being stupid on purpose? Century imports WASRs they don't build them.

Attached: 1550554619804.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>Zastava USA Edition
When is it coming?

Attached: KIMG0505.jpg (4160x2340, 1.21M)

Attached: KIMG0507.jpg (4160x2340, 1.23M)

Overgassed. There are ways to fix it. Get googling

Attached: 13.jpg (4032x3024, 1.04M)

thank you

>implying
MSRP starts at 900$ shit for brains, its on their website

Do you think smoothbore AK shotguns are as reliable as rifled?

Rifled shotguns a shit

No I mean regular rifle.

I’m here to drop a unwanted truth
RAS47 is acceptable for people who don’t shoot often. Once a month.

Keep trying to justify that purchase

Looks like you have a hard case of “I didn’t read the sticky”

Attached: image.jpg (828x641, 142K)

So you're asking if an AK shotgun is as reliable as an AK rifle?

No, they aren't. The biggest issue is shell compression.

So yeah, mid-range market comparable to Arsenal
Thanks for the confirmation dipshit

This
Not limited to saigas; many semi auto shotguns have trouble running things like low pressure loads out-the-box
If you dont plan and loading a wire array of shells then you'll probably be fine

There are smoothbore AKs in Russia that shoot .366, they're technically classified as shotguns by the government so most civilians go for those since they don't need to wait for 7 years or however long it is. That being said, I don't think anyone here has any experience with them seen as how they were never imported to the US.

900 is slightly higher than low, because a 730$ WASR is the lowbar nowadays
aint 2006 no more gramps

It would be dope if the Chinese started making these. You could dodge the import bans to get parts kits in

If the price difference between a ras47 and a wasr is too much for you then you can't afford either

That's fucking rad
Please take my money Izhevsk

A RAS47 is the best rifle in the world as long as you never shoot it. Just like a gas station wall-hanger katana is the best sword in the world as long as you never use it.

A WASR is like $50 more than a RAS47. Buying a gun that will shit the bed in a couple thousand rounds when you could spend $50 extra on a gun that will last tens of thousands is literally retarded.

I need suggestions on what side mount to buy for my Saiga 7.62. I know midwest industries makes one but its so large and cumbersome. help pls

Attached: image114620-afb05c0c2e4dc048adc379cdc6974fcb.jpg (590x443, 15K)

RS regulate

rs regulate

which one do you prefer /akg/?

Attached: pew pew pew !.jpg (889x731, 99K)

Neither

Attached: hmm.jpg (772x1190, 123K)

>reddirbait
>both new aesthetic

Hard pass

>muh old school
>modern brake, grip, sight, mount, trigger and safety lever

Pshhh, you 4chuds would probably get smoked by Charlotte on the battlefield with either her el classico or her modern russian beast, if that day ever comes..

At least try

Attached: 1552758028757.jpg (235x212, 12K)

Cringe

big recommend on refinishing yr WASR

Attached: IMG_0049.jpg (3902x3024, 3.48M)

Attached: IMG_0050.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

Attached: IMG_0053.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

How long have you had your PK-01VS? I’ve left mine on constantly for 2 months now and hasn’t died yet.