Hey Jow Forums I live with my parents (im 18 ) and want to own guns...

Hey Jow Forums I live with my parents (im 18 ) and want to own guns, I live in Illinois and I have my FOIDand all that jazz but my parents just keep saying no every time I mention it. no reason just "no guns" im a die hard republican and my parents are democrats. My mom grew up around guns as her dad was a vet and hunted to feed the family so its not a "we are scared of guns thing" I was wondering what I can say/do to convince my parents to let me buy a gun safe and guns. The thing is that they dont mind that I keep 2k rounds of shotgun ammo next to my bed for hunting so I have no clue what the fuck to do but all I know is I don't want to have to move out just to own guns.

Attached: 595b4698db86b.png (512x512, 215K)

You're 18. You got the money? Buy one.

The thing is they are all tightassed about me buying one and I feel as if they would kick me out/ disown me if i purchased one without consulting them

Just move out fag. Also get married to a wholesome qt & have loads of white kids

I want to but the bills would be insane per month. phone bill, internet, car insurance, gas, food, rent. hard for a college student to pay for. all for a shotgun and an m1 garand

Tell them you understand and it's their house and their rules, but ask them why. If you don't like the answer, move out.

>buy storage
>buy safe
>buy gun
>put gun in safe in storage
>use it when you need it
>show responsibility to parents
>move out
>

Thats fucking genius my guy i actually never thought of that

have your parents ever shot any? If not you should try to talk to them about safety and see if you can get them on your side. If that doesn't work just wait until you move out.

My mom grew up on a farm, shes shot everything from a .22 up until 308 win. IDK about my dad. I know he had bb guns as a kid but idk about real guns.

If I were you i'd still do the safety talk, especially with your dad. You should tell them that they would always be in a safe unless you're cleaning, taking them to a range, or on your or a friend's property.

Get a crossbow.

They're probably not going to kick you out over a shotgun. They trust you to to go run around hunting with one but not to keep it in your room? That makes no sense. Have that conversation after you get one and they find it though.

Crossbows dont interest me.

how can i open that conversation

Just buy one, if they try to kick you out just stare them in the eye as you rack one.

I don't know guys, I think they believe I'm mentally unstable after finding a full size lolita sex doll on my bed.

Bring it up at dinner? Say you want to talk to them and then bring it up?

I hope you're kidding about this

They don't let me eat with them after the loli incident, they barely look me in the eye anymore. I think they believe I'd kill myself if I got a shotgun.

You fucking madman

Try to talk them into it, otherwise their house their rules.

If you're not trolling there is no hope for you other than moving out.

someone else took OP as a username and is shitposting. please ignore. I hate loli and will personally kill anyone who accepts loli as OK

based, this is why we need post IDs

But yeah try talking with them at dinner or just sitting them down for a talk.

DESU i think my mom is paranois that my brothers will get into it or something stupid. maybe she has some sort of memory of guns when she was younger that she isnt telling me about but idfk. Im going to bed so I will no longer be posting on this thread.

Their house their rules, you’ll have to go pay rent somewhere to own firearms sorry man we all go thru it

There's nothing I can tell you.

I'm your age, still living with my folks and unfortunately not ready to move, as much as I want to, there are some things I simply cannot do.

It took me a long time to convince my dad I was responsible enough to have firearms of my own, and I don't blame him, but he's obviously not anti-gun.

As for my step mom, she does not think I should own firearms, and I don't give a flying fuck, she doesn't know I have so many funs and she obviously won't mess with me because it's my stuff and I've been carrying for years.

Thing is, if they or anyone else for some reason took my guns away, I would still have other ones stashed away, I don't fucking care what happens, I will never give up my right to bear arms.

You either man up and get yourself a scattergat and a revolver and keep them hidden away, or just comply and move when you can, it's not your house anyways.

Make sure the storage facility is climate controlled.
I would only use cash or prepaid credit card.
Turn off cell phone before you visit storage.
Enlist in National Guard to piss them off or go Active Duty OCS if you have enough college credits.
Eventually move to a Free State.

Your parents sound like fags. Move out

Move up to the state north of you we are very gun friendly

>their house, their rules

/thread

If you really want them and you have the money, then figure out a storage situation outside of your house AND THEN buy them. Not the best outcome but that's what you got. If something fucked up happens because you had guns in the house when your parents said no, that's 1000% on you bud.

Get into some sort of sporting activity with guns; skeet shooting, rifle matches, IPSC, whatever. They'll be hard pressed to argue against it then.

I'd kick my fucking kid out if I found out he was a loli. Consider yourself lucky

Sorry guys someone took my name they're not actually OP. I was wondering if I bought a gun where would I hide it? All the hiding spots in my bedroom are currently occupied by my massive dildo collection.

>I’m a die hard (insert normie belief)
Yeah we don’t care and nobody else does. Pay your own rent or deal with mommy and daddy’s rules. Life sucks welcome to adulthood. Vote libertarian or get the fuck out. Republicans and democrats get the rope...

Attached: DE569A6D-B490-4100-9B45-A0452891104E.png (640x1136, 103K)

You're 18. It's time to decide if you are man enough to walk your own path or not. If you aren't ready to go against your parents, you're not mature enough to own a gun. There's no shame in waiting to own. You can always start taking classes and training for when you are ready.

Thats literally back asswards.

Thats what reddit is for faggot. You should go back there

Consider the following: your parents hold a completely different belief system than you and may, fundamentally, not support your beliefs or interests at all.

>enlisting into the American Israel alliance
Don’t fuckin do this OP its a mistake
Just read a book on survival training and excercise and learn to shoot 9/10 you will be more competent than some welfare tier nog

Probably think you're going to kill them instead of yourself.

Get a job and move out dumbass. You're 18, you can sign a lease. Go be an adult.

You are fighting several massive uphill battles
>You are their child
No matter what they will see you as the 4 yr old in the bath tub. Nothing you say will be taken seriously. I am in my 30s and my mother still won't discuss anything serious (such as money or politics) with me (see talks at me).
>They are Democrats
Gun control has become a major possition of the Democrats. They have been told to hate anything that can not be used in hunting. You might gain some ground if you ask to buy a rifle to hunt with. Growing up around hunters doesn't mean jack shit except that it gives them credibility to non-gun owners.
>You are 18
You may THINK you are an adult and legally you are an adult (can join the army, buy a house, be held to a contract) but as far as maturity goes, you are still an adolescent. You still have yet to master your emotions and have yet to experience enough of life to understand you don't know shit.

Here is my advice; see if they will let you have a rifle for "hunting" (get something milsurp or the Garand that you mentioned before). If they put their foot down and say no, you have to accept it. If they say they will think about it, tell them you will give them a couple of days and ask again (wait 3-4 days and ask again, bringing up they said "they will think about it"). It is of utmost importance that you do not let you emotions get the better of you, if/when they say "no" don't throw a fit, treat it as if you are told a place carries Pepsi and not Coke when you really prefer Coke.
Another option is to leave it at a trusted friend's house or a gun friendly family members (you mentioned your mother grew up in a hunting household, is your grandparents' place an option). This of course could not be an option if you state doesn't allow this.

Where in IL bub, there's a couple of us doted around.

Join the Army young brother we are offering enlistment bonuses 40k and college assistance. Think of all the guns you could own. Also the Army would be your Daddy and he likes guns. GOARMY.COM

Attached: 246x0w.jpg (246x246, 11K)

>if I found out he was a loli
>he
>loli
I probably wouldn't kick my son out for revealing that he was actually a little girl, but I fully understand how some might be a bit weirded out by that.

>im a die hard republican
yikes

Attached: New OP.jpg (800x450, 46K)