Worthless Security Guards

Calling all securifags.

I'm the head of security or a largish facility. About 45 employees, and insurance requires round-the-clock security. Problem is we can't seem to get anything but the laziest pieces of shit known to humanity. These people aren't trainable, have the IQ of chimps, and often have substance abuse problems. Of course my employer suffers, and I'm often stuck working about 70 hours a week to make up for all the firings, no-shows, etc...

What can I do to remedy this? We start at a wage that is $1 more than most security jobs in the city, offer good insurance, and the job is super cushy (security desk with Internet, etc.).

There is no ripcord, no relief, no end to this nightmare. What advice do you have, bros?

Attached: security-1024x675.jpg (1024x675, 125K)

What are the hours
What is the pay
Whats the location

Huge benefits for good performance, big penalities for bad performance.

Carrot and stick is basic, but it works wonders.

>1st, 2nd and 3rd shift, weekdays and weekend. Team of 5.
>Starts at $12 per hour
>Milwaukee, WI area

Unfortunately, I'm not in charge of hiring, nor do I decide pay, benefits, etc...

>White
>Doing security work for 6 years
>Primarily a bouncer / crowd controller, so usually do clubs and bars.
>But have done hundreds of gambling locations, parties, weddings, sports events / stadiums
>Licensed to have Handcuffs, batons and firearms
>Qualified CIT (Cash in transit guard) with both semi automatic pistols and revolvers, and worked for CIT companies
>Always a supervisor

Why should someone like myself, work for someone like you? Why would someone else who is as experienced work for someone that posts on Jow Forums and cant even figure out how to look after his own company?

Usually whenever i get someone useless, or an Indian (all are shit) i send them home after an hour and they never complete the minimum 4 hours.

Attached: melander_and_hupli_rli_1979_simulation_11.jpg (503x587, 83K)

>Why would someone else who is as experienced work for someone that posts on Jow Forums and cant even figure out how to look after his own company?
It's not my company, I just head up the security department. And I am not looking for uber-experienced people, just non-shitbags who can show up reliably and perform their core functions. Why is this so hard to find in the security field?

I dont even know what to say.

Maybe try not to hire niggers

Ive worked shifts worse than that

Attached: XYWdNau.gif (490x367, 916K)

>$12 per hour
Well there's your problem.

>Why is this so hard to find in the security field?

Because there is no in-between, they are either experienced and mature and want to make money, or they are there for a quick paycheck and are timid morons who couldn't get another job, or most of the time are on work visas from India.

> And I am not looking for uber-experienced people

You wouldn't be able to afford us either way, i work $35 an hour.

Attached: 6456.jpg (600x534, 108K)

>Starts at $12 per hour

lmao fuck off

Pay for garbage you get garbage. You can't live on $12/hour unless you still live with mommy rent-free. Stay poor.

What city? Im sure theres someone (me) you could hire (me) that would be happy to wander an office complex and flex on vagrants (like me)

Yea $12 is entirely too much for one of you tards to just stand around

This.

> and the job is super cushy (security desk with Internet, etc.).

asking more than $12 and you are mentally handicapped

Imagine making less than $30/hr as a young adult.
The only people who who as an adult would accept a job for $12 are the dregs of society.
OP is a fucking worthless faggot if he somehow doesnt realize why his potential hires are shit.

If ya op with that attitude, anybody with grey matter between their ears wont stick around

>Imagine making less than $30/hr as a young adult
so about... most of the world?

You fucking off on your phone is not pay worthy
>>>/leftypol/

Hire white people

Security jobs at $15-$20 /hour are relatively easy to come by.
The only people taking the $12 /hour jobs are the ones that cant meet the moderate standards required for the better ones. Mostly the requirement to pass drug tests.

>tfw stuck at $22/hour for the moment

I'll hop to another employer eventually. Only way to get a real raise these days.

Sorry m8 I don't find the idea of doing literally nothing for a literal nothing paycheck all that appealing.

Dude youre just retarded with your money or live in an upper middle class neighbor hood. I unload trucks for 11 and have my own place and live comfy and can buy good stuff.

You lads aussies? if so no shit we get paid more. Minimum wage in the us is like $8.

>I'll hop to another employer eventually. Only way to get a real raise these days.
I do the same. Usually put in a year or two until someone offers me more money.
I work a trade job so work is super easy to find.
Just started at a new company 2 months ago and jumped from $37/hr to $43/hr.

>I work a trade job so work is super easy to find.

get us a job cunt

>Sorry m8 I don't find the idea of doing literally nothing for a literal nothing paycheck all that appealing.
>getting paid to do nothing isn't appealing
That's because you're a dumb ingrate

I fuck off on my phone at $40 an hour + stock options annually. Radio comms tech for armed contractor and licensed in semiauto pistol + shotgun. Wouldn’t even do unarmed at less than $20 hour jobs.

buy some of these and a couple of ex-military white guys with rifles for QRF

Attached: knightscope.jpg (1500x988, 127K)

No they arent

But I make more money doing something mentally stimulating and fulfilling.

Cool story bro, I bet you have more responsibilities than beings paid witness

The problem with cushy security jobs is it's too easy and they get bored. Where I work we do literally nothing but sit behind a desk monitoring traffic and making $17.38/hr, even then half the officers do stupid shit like take naps inside their car or leave the post to go get food. I think it's just the nature of the business.
I've always felt like people in security are far more likely to take their job seriously if 1. they're armed; and 2. they feel like they're actually doing something.

Of course, a pay raise would probably also help. $12 isn't a lot when you can make as much flipping burgers. Chances are if yall are struggling to find decent employees, then every other security company in the area is also full of shit bags. So it would be stupid of the client to expect better from anyone else if they dropped their contract with you. You might try renegotiating with them to pay more. We just did a couple months ago and each officer got a $0.50 raise.

Kek, didn't one of these shitbots fell into the fucking pool or something?

Attached: top-kek.jpg (600x600, 109K)

So you don't understand this thread

>be me
>intern making 12/hr while in school
>live in three bedroom townhome with roommate in upper class white area
>have plenty of money for insurance, gas, food, utilities, and internet.
>left with ~ 250 cash a paycheck for fun money after putting 200 into savings
>Live in Coastal Florida town where cost of living is considered “high”
The only people who complain about 12/hr starting wage for easy jobs are niggers who don’t know how to save money and be fiscally responsible.
I make 12/hr and still probably own a larger quantity of far nice guns than you do.

Nobody gives a fuck about responsibilities, just cash and skills. What are ya a fuckin manlet? If you are some sort of manager of security guards you have got to be one of those legendary hilarious manlets that are as wide as they are tall.

They really are.
Average pay in the US for security guards is 18.70 /hour. Pay below average and you get below average workers.

You are actually so fucking stupid that you don't realize that you're supporting my point

They really aren't

Attached: Screenshot_20190321-020320.jpg (1076x921, 153K)

If you're head of security you can get some pull in terms of giving the hoopleheads proper carrots and sticks, just make a proper case to your bosses. Stress the fact that they trusted you to a management position and they should trust you to accomplish your mandate in your own way.
If you can get a foot in the door with hiring (and you can make it around the insurance) try narrowing the companies definition of illicit substances.

Take it from an experienced colorado guard, there are hardcore and disciplined vets by the fucking TON out there, they just all smoke pot or do dabs so they think they cant get sec jobs.
Let the potheads in if they can keep their shit together and you'll have a really grateful and highly trained pool of people you barely have to train. You don't even have to be official about it, just get somebody to stop rejecting people that only pop for cannabis.

Attached: 1424674169781.png (429x410, 11K)

It's near a ghetto-ass town and pays McMoney. All the people that aren't unreliable/junkies/manchildren are already earning more. You are going to either have to pay more or accept shit. Sounds like your company is happy to work you 70hrs a week till you break.

This is a sign you need to either move companies, or make your own. I've seen motivated guards make their own micro-company and take over an account they used to work on. Sometimes the client creates an in-house security team and hires in the few good people from whoever they contracted with previously, then pays less than 1/2 what the old contract firm used to bill them (always like 5x what the guards get paid, so the people who jump ship still get a fat raise). If you can convince the site you're guarding to do that and make you the head, you can offer enough pay to get some good workers.

yeah, sensor failure

What is your point?
>why are the unskilled retards willing to work for Mcdonald's pay doing a job that entails mostly not working such losers?
Gee fucker, I don't know!

Not op or whoever you’re arguing with but a simple search shows that you’re wrong. The average pay is 12.12 from what indeed estimates after coming up with an average based on over 30k stated job salaries in the security field. If you live in a place with a high cost of living like cuck-York or cuckfornia than you’ll probably be paid a little more to counter the ridiculous state taxes and cost of living.

Attached: FA811338-2A8E-4793-AD47-11BF080DEB30.png (750x1334, 108K)

>I am not looking for uber-experienced people, just non-shitbags who can show up reliably and perform their core functions. Why is this so hard to find in the security field?
Because $12 an hour is shit.

Waukesha? It sounds like we’re coworkers.

Most security jobs start at $10-$11 in my area. It's actually better pay and much easier than 90% of most security jobs.

>You wouldn't be able to afford us either way, i work $35 an hour.
This is commercial security, not high-end stuff.

>Security jobs at $15-$20 /hour are relatively easy to come by.
Even high-end, armed positions in my area are only $14-$15 per hour. This is not NY, LA or Chicago, etc... Shit doesn't pay that much here.

Security work Is trash work. If your coworkers aren't incompetent then your boss will be.

And I own a house and 30 acres.

>Average pay in the US for security guards is 18.70 /hour.
No, it's not. Wherever you got that figure, it's bullshit.

>I am not looking for uber-experienced people, just non-shitbags who can show up reliably and perform their core functions.
>1st, 2nd and 3rd shift, weekdays and weekend. Team of 5.
>Milwaukee, WI area
desu I'd apply for this if Milwaukee wasn't a five hour drive from my neet cave

No, but not far. Wauwatosa.

I worked security for 20 years, good bootstrapping work, just like my grandpa. Fuck that faggot. One time I got a girl who got her nip stick in a can and phones me so I get my handgun to scare her a little.

If your site is somewhere in between Mayfair and the Zoo, we are definitely coworkers.

No, it's not. But I am not far from there. Trust me, no one I work with would be on Jow Forums.

Fuck I love my job as a security guard.

I don’t even do anything cool just sit at a desk and open gates and answer phones every other hour. It’s against official company policy but I’m deadass on my phone the entire day at work (mostly on various forums) and no one cares. I mean when I first started working there the head administrative assistant noticed that when she would walk behind the desk to get her cigarettes I would automatically put my phone down and she straight up told me she doesn’t mind if I’m on my phone like that and I didn’t have to do that. Of course I do my job to the T and have great relationships with all the employees there (I get gifts all the time. Check this shit out, one of the contractors for the companies son is a national rep for Glock and he saw how much I knew about guns and my interest in the so he gave me a $60 glock executive POLO) so nobody gives a shittttt. Anytime a guest or a representative from and outside company is in the lobby I stay off my phone and I also sit in such a way that if you’re walking behind me it looks like I’m looking at the camera monitor. And if you are in front of me I’ll just alternate between looking at my phone and looking at the monitor so you know I’m not just fucking around all day

I only make a few dollars more than I have at my other jobs but I deadass do 1/50th of the work.

Only thing is is it seems like security work attracts the laziest most disrespectful niggers imagineable. I really don’t know why the fuck tho, it’s such a simple job and takes little effort. I can press people and tell them how it is but all I ever really have to do is be friendly and BAM everyone turns their cheek and treats me well.

Also I get to sleep super late in the day and get home at a great time

T. Effort posting 18 Y/O Securifaggot

Attached: 0B39D201-5918-4250-9C0E-B4B289919A48.png (400x370, 193K)

I was a security dispatch supervisor, field lieutenant, and hiring manager over the span of 4 years with a security company in Arizona.

I can say that the private security industry is a fucking joke, and that's why I left and took an entry-level job as an officer at a mental hospital instead of dealing with that horseshit.

One trick I used was to authorize two bonuses, the first a $500 bonus for new hires that remained with the company past their 90 day probationary period without any disciplinary infractions, and the second a retention bonus of $750 after six months. It was a small investment to retain employees.

I also got extremely selective during the hiring process at the expense of overtime. Hiring warm bodies costs more money than hiring the right people in the long run.

I also got the ownership's blessing to establish a training program to invest into the security officers. This included defensive tactics, handcuffing, baton and OC training, and reaching out to local dealers to get discounts on armor and duty gear. I left before this was fully implemented.

Good luck.

I guess there are a lot of similarities between where you work and the security job for a medical technology company where I work.

You live in Florida. You are not even people.

>One trick I used was to authorize two bonuses, the first a $500 bonus for new hires that remained with the company past their 90 day probationary period without any disciplinary infractions, and the second a retention bonus of $750 after six months. It was a small investment to retain employees.
Thank you. First real advice.

Sounds like it. I definitely don't work at a medical company. Sorry, bro.

$12? I'd gladly join right in, i only get ~$3 anyways
T. Eurofag

damn if I got to sit at a desk back when I was doing security I would've taken you up OP
I had to spend every night walking through fucking niggerville I hated it

ahhaha KURWA

Get some skills cunt.

Mean not median fuck head.

If you don't know what that means you are dumb... you also seem to think that all wages are reported. You stupid bastard, drink bleach

Places that require real security usually hire off-duty cops. In my area $30/hr is a minimum and depending on the need $50/hr isn't unusual. This is in the south.

What trade are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

I maintain industrial equipment in an industry that kills people surprisingly often and only make $22/hr

The pay is shit for what you require. Doesn't matter if you pay more than other security companies. I worked security for years and saw problems keeping good people. The thing is, the pay wasn't much better than other low wage jobs that don't require a clean background and drug test. Add on top of that, that pay is stagnate so people will not get much of a pay raise. $12 an hour is what I started at in 2005 and is about the same as I would be paid now if I had stayed. Companies are cutting cost and security is one of the first to go.

>Problem is we can't seem to get anything but the laziest pieces of shit known to humanity.

Because literally no one else except those types would do security.

15$? Damm

Im qùite competent and an insomniac without any substance abuse or even alcohol abuse problems, id join this job tomorrow i lived in america

That's about how it is with the firm I work for. Our division is the most squared away in the state though, so no nogs to ruin it yet.

That pay is a joke, I make 22 an hour to do that for a real company ( I have actual responsibilities though, I'm not just a decoration guard). It sounds like you may be working for a shit company dude. Look into other opportunities with companies that give a shit.

>the job is super cushy (security desk with Internet, etc.)
dude I'll sit at a fucking desk and watch anime all night if you pay me for it and I don't do drugs

Stop piss testing for weed nigger

>$12 an hour
>in Wisconsin.

Green Bay here. We pay $15 an hour plus great benefits and good work conditions and we still can't get any decent people. The economy is just too good right now in this state to offer that little.

>being so retarded that the best you can do in life is become some dirt-poor useless fag “security” guard
Yikes

As a fellow Florida man I resent your statement. Jew Yorkers and snowbirds aren't even people and need to GIT.

Attached: 2DC75322-AF35-40C7-BD5F-48E14DCD1E75.jpg (800x643, 117K)

Residential HVAC

>Herr durrr i got power behind my rent a cop badge why you no listen to me?!

200 a month in savings is nothing and living with roomates will only get you so far in life.

> $12/hr security Milwaukee, WI
Holy shit pay your employees.

>12 an hour
My uneducated and untrained 23 year old brother made more than that stocking shelves at Walmart.

>Most security jobs start at $10-$11 in my area. It's actually better pay and much easier than 90% of most security jobs.

you may be right OP, but at the end of the day thats still walmart money so you can only expect the same level of quality employees

This

>super cushy
>security desk with Internet
>12 an hour in a Miliwaukay

Attached: doofy.jpg (500x333, 30K)

It's a dead end dead boring job requiring someone with a dead mind. Anyone with half a spark in their mind and care to do the job half way properly will be thinking, 'how do I get out of this job into a better one before my mind gets fried and I stop caring?'

For anyone worthwhile who isn't interested in moving on to more hispeed lodrag or supervisory/management roles, security will only ever be a stepping stone to non-security work. The only people who stay are dead-ends. This is the reality of your industry.

This. It's nothing but kids getting money for college and old men padding their retirement money.
t. 1 year on a standing site

The only security guards I know that are under 60 are
1. A borderline retard goober that is lucky to have a hs diploma and is too much of a dipshit to pass the asvab and enlist
2. a fresh out of college criminal justice major that couldn't get on with a department during a crunch period and sits in front of a social services building all day on his phone.
THEN it's retired people and summer children that for some reason took 3 months of guard training.

>people actually think 12/h is good

Jesus christvyoull be a wage slave for life with this attitude

From how salty you sound. I am willing to bet you were caught sleeping on the job and was fired.

Off subject but what do some of y'all "secure"? Our objective is medium security inmates.

If it's a commercial security it's usually stupid shut like malls or banks. They don't really do anything.

>unarmed security
Shit jobs attract shit people and your customer gets what they pay for.

Quit being a pretend cop and actually become a LEO you faggot

Stop hiring radom niggers. Niggers don't have pride in things like work or respect, only in material things. Find people who feel pride in patrolling whatever building or place needs it.

t. security guard

deadass lowkey deadass on the deadass phone deadass nigga deadass deadass

Kill yourself zoomer fuckhead.