Handgun General - /hg/ - #272

Burtretta edition.

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Attached: burtrettas.jpg (2400x1600, 321K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hercampus.com/school/mnsu/my-roommate-wants-handgun-our-apartment-protection-here-s-why-i-think-it-makes-our
summitgunbroker.com/4006-tsw-chp.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Enamel/nail polish is the most resistant to rubbing but you could use just about anything if you don't mind reapplying it from time to time. I used a paint pen on my RM380.

A lotta dudes don't like gloccs but they're solid. So is the Streamlight and Holosun. Noice

Great, the sights are really sharp, black and wide which is great for target shooting, the trigger is phenominal, recoil is average and ergonomics are pretty good for me but not ideal. He's not the most accurate gun I have but I love him.

The single stack early Smith is more comfy than the doublestacks to me.

Attached: k100 mr9 39-2 p210.webm (622x350, 2.22M)

Big Iron!
Big IIIron!!!

Attached: 62690_1.jpg (500x236, 13K)

What is the one second from right?

Why does getting finger prints have to be the most tedious task for getting the LTC. Wish it was just walk in same day instead of making an appointment several weeks in advance.

I've been doing some research for my first revolver and the GP100 Match Champion seems to check all the boxes for me. Any reason I'm wrong?

Attached: gp100 mc.jpg (1500x985, 241K)

What? Fingerprints? I couldn't imagine living in a state where it takes longer to buy a firearm than it does to get your hair cut.

Not really. The GP100 is pretty good as is, and the Match Champion offers a much nicer trigger and overall is just a nicer gun out of the box. Available with adjustable sights and combat sights, which I like.
They're only available with a 4" barrel, so the options aren't as wide as the regular one, but honestly, 4" is a very practical barrel length for the average revolver.

It's no Colt Python or anything, but it's definitely a nice gun to start with.

Attached: match champion.jpg (1000x700, 98K)

>buy
I said LTC, Your concealed carry license. I can walk into a store and buy a gun and be out in 5 minutes.

It's just for the range so the 4 in barrel is just fine, though desu I like the way 3 inch GPs look much more.

Planning on running the regular grips like this since everyone says the wood grips are a chunk. Looks better too imo.

Attached: 8727360_01_ruger_gp100_match_champion_640.jpg (640x457, 50K)

Bullet fairly ripped

Attached: ruger-super-blawkhawk-44-remington-magnum.jpg (337x250, 34K)

Do as you feel, you're not making any bad choices here. I think 4" barrels just make most revolvers balance the best, it feels great.

Attached: 629 Four Inch.png (1023x701, 1.63M)

Nobody makes a flat trigger for the rami, do they :^(

My Roommate Wants a Handgun in our Apartment for Protection. Here’s Why I Think it Makes our Apartment Even More Dangerous.

This past week my roommate brought up the idea of keeping a handgun in our apartment in case someone breaks in. I was appalled (due to the fact that I am strongly against guns for any reason other than hunting rifles, and even then i'm iffy). I have had two family members commit suicide by gun. One had PTSD from the Vietnam war, and the other was bullied for being gay and couldn't take it anymore. There have been so many accidents with guns and we don’t need one for many reasons.

hercampus.com/school/mnsu/my-roommate-wants-handgun-our-apartment-protection-here-s-why-i-think-it-makes-our

Whoever wrote that pasta is a faggot.

Triggered, huh?

>bullied for being gay
>anheros

How about that, bully works

>tfw no big iron

Attached: 20190118_171626_crop_616x392.jpg (616x392, 195K)

It doesn't work the way you use it.

Burt, what is the weird looking Beretta third-from-right in OP pic?

Hmm... Why?

Hey guys I REALLY want a Desert Eagle in .357 but the only ones I've ever seen here in CA are the .44. I don't see how 9 rounds of .357 could possibly be a bad investment. Why do the .44 seem to be more popular? I've never even seen someone selling the .357, are they just so good that nobody wants to give it up?

I want to purchase a S&W semi-auto. But I'm not sure which Gen to get. And then which model.

I'm looking for one in full size, 9mm.

A s&w 1911

what's the cheap kydex holster and claw buying guide I've seen posted here before

Because it's not about righteous indignation and feeling violated and insulted, or pretend trauma, it's about me thinking the author is a moist bitch, who should man up and take responsibility for their own safety, the only good way to do so being having a weapon.

A weapon is power, having a weapon is empowering, being empowered means it's harder for you to be a victim in certain circumstances.
Trusting police is for fools, they are not reliable, even their best response time is not good enough for you. If you aren't capable of projecting force at a moment's notice, you are vulnerable to vile people in this world.

New addition to the collection as of yesterday

Ain’t she purty

Attached: 5FD7E2C8-CF0B-41AF-A7A0-5CD11D514F5B.jpg (3264x2448, 2.7M)

>lock
Oofz, so sad the fucked the lines of the k/l frames with that shit

Both can be fun. The .357 feels like shooting a 9mm pistol, yet mighty.
The .44 feels kinda like shooting a 1911, yet also more mighty.

They're VERY accurate pistols, and recoil is soft, but they're picky with ammo and they tolerate only perfect technique (compare to a Glock, which tolerates quite sloppy technique). They generally don't like really cheap ammo, and you shouldn't shoot ammo with unjacketed bullets because soft lead can shave off and clog the gas port, which is extremely bothersome to fix.
You'll probably want to try a few brands, to see which work for you, but you'll get the very best mileage handloading (which also would be cheaper).

Attached: how to deagle.png (998x1130, 314K)

I have one of those! Good choice.
But watch out, because .357 out of a 2 inch barrel = bad time. You should stick to .38 +p unless you absolutely need the extra power

Looks nice.

That can be remedied somewhat.

Attached: 5906 9mm Luger.jpg (700x1250, 446K)

I've fired the .44 before, can confirm
The prefer hot jacketed loads right?

*they

I got the 3” variant but I imagine .357 is still no fun out of it. I’ll use standard pressure .38 special for target and +P for defense but I gotta try .357 just to see how it is

Attached: 97BD691F-1584-4D9C-976D-7E24A7ACE52F.jpg (3264x2448, 1.52M)

They’re great, you pay just slightly more than the standard GP and get tons of nice features and not to mention that sexy wood grip out of the box.

Only issues I ever had was the rear sight screw backing out after about 250 rds of magnum, loctite fixed that.

It’s a trip to be accurate with a handgun at 50 yds, but this handgun is capable of that and more.

Yes, they like spicy meatballs.
Thankfully, .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum are straightwalled cases and use common primers and projectiles, so handloading them can be quite easy and economical.

More, if you really want to cast bullets, you can do that, and you can use a powder jacket as a substitute for a normal copper jacket, and this will be safe and suitable for gas operated guns, giving you basically all the regular benefits.
The key is to make sure no bare lead is touching the bore directly, so it can't touch the gasport.

Attached: powder coating.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

Thoughts on the new Beretta 92X?

Attached: DD350388-B7B2-48E2-BEFA-851FE0380556-660x437.jpg (660x437, 33K)

The frame shape is different, only the N frame has its original shape

Attached: 36 full lug small.jpg (600x394, 29K)

Looks like an extremely cool pistol.
I just wonder what MSRP will be.

The wood grips are sexy dude, give them a try before you get rid of them.

The gun had more recoil than other .357s I’ve fired, and the culprit was the grip screw wasn’t tightened all the way down, so the frame was bashing into the grip, which in turn was bashing my hand.

It’s definitely one of my favorite grips, just super comfy.

True, but you can pick the lock mechanism out and put a plug in the hole, which is at least a band-aid solution.

Some day, I hope S&W gets to their senses again.

$1,399 from what I saw, I'd be willing to bet it'll be much cheaper out the door.

A bit steep, but desu I'd be willing to pay that for a perfect Beretta 92

Looks pretty good but why they had to engrave “fires without magazine” on the frame is beyond me. I suppose you could put phrases of similar use around the gun, such as “pull trigger to fire” and “magazine goes here” lol. It’s an advertisement for the pistol you already bought

The don’t produce the .357 Desert Eagle any more, if you had asked like you said you would’ve found that out in 10 seconds in any gun shop.

The .44 Mag Desert Eagles you see new here, can only be up-converted to .50, they don’t take the older .357 parts, you’d need an older Eagle for that.

I was considering similiar, since I already have a good amount of .357 stocked up, but .44 isn’t the most horrible to pay for if you find a good source or you or someone you know reloads.

Same, it's just so Italian I can't help but love it.

Lawyers my dude.

>The don’t produce the .357 Desert Eagle any more
Source or gtfo

>lawyers
I should’ve figured the most disappointing answer was probably the correct one.

Don't scare me like that you lying fagget

It’s only available as a custom shop gun, and custom shop guns are not eligible for sale in CA, the only production model you can get here is the .44 Mag, elsewhere the .50

.357 Desert Eagles are out of general production, deal with it fags, they were unreliable anyways.

>no source

>Too fucking lazy to type Magnum Research into your browser

I’m not going to spoon feed you faggot

>it's harder for you to be a victim in certain circumstances.
Maybe she just wants Black Intruder's cock?

Oh you meant in CA
Nvr mind

SummitGunBroker has .40 Cal 4006 TSW's in stock

summitgunbroker.com/4006-tsw-chp.html

>I'm looking for a 9mm
>Here's a .40

Attached: 1454030401402.jpg (1280x720, 326K)

Noguns here so this might be a dumb question, but why do no online retailers seem to have any handguns in stock? Nearly every website I look at seems to have listings (with the price cut below MSRP) but they're all out of stock. Is this normal or is there some kind of panic buy I don't know about? I've mostly been looking at USPs but most anything else I looks at seems to be the same deal.

Hey guys I'm thinking of buying my first pistol in a couple of months when I have some extra money. Has anyone tried the Taurus 92c? I'm thinking of buying either that or a Glock 40.

The reason I'm leaning towards the taurus is because it's more affordable but online reviews for taurus over all as a company are unfavorable however the 92 is apparently a remake of a Baretta 9MM and is supposedly one of their more reliable hand guns.

I want something that will last several years without falling apart on me and am trying to discern whether or not I should just shell out the extra money for the Glock.

It's neat
I dislike vertec frames though
May or may not get one. I like and am better at shooting Glocks over Berettas. Kind of on the fence as to whether I'll buy. I'm in the state of mind of just using my money on ammo to practice more and get better with a few guns rather than buy more guns and shoot them less.

$1400 burger bux

Real world price seems like it will be about where the Wilson models are and it seems like a better deal.

I know, why do you think I specifically said it's in .40 Cal

The 3rd Gen S&W's are well liked especially this model.

Is this a pasta

If you like Beretta 92 pattern guns and don't have a lot of cash, a police trade 92s is probably a better option.

Invite the Basketball team over.
Maybe she can get extra credit in a college course.

Who here shoots the DA shot better than the next SA shot?
Short little gun is that way for me I think because the heavy DA pull forces me to hold tighter.
Trying out ammo today.... Aguila is so so in my 22LR pistol.
124grain fmj @1150 is pretty hot in the little lightweight gun.
Really have to hold tightly to control it for follow ups.
Shorter sight radius is apparent also.

Will try some 147 @ 885 next.

Attached: 3-21-19 016.jpg (2188x1836, 2.95M)

No it's not a pasta... I havent bought a gun before and I'm going to get into it now. I just am on a budget.

Awesome. I didnt know that was a thing and googled it and that seems like something I'll be able to afford in a couple of paychecks. Thanks a lot, man.

No worries my dude: aimsurplus, j&g sales, classic firearms (sweaty ben), and gunbroker are the places to keep an eye on. There's so many decent police trade-ins available at any given time : Glocks, Sigs, USPs, S&W Metal frame 9s, Berettas. Most are carried a lot, shot sparingly.

>I dislike vertec frames though
I'm not familiar, what's the deal with these?

Is the Colt Government 1911 good?

They're slimmer, because some people think the 92 grip is too large.

Ah, thanks man. I'll have to figure out a way to put hands on one before I buy it. It looks really cool and would perfectly complement my Cheetah and USP Expert so its very tempting.

Glock is better

They're alright, but you can do better for 1911s than Colt.

Glocks are the opposite of exciting.

OK czoyboy

brehs

Attached: download.jpg (183x275, 9K)

Thanks

It wouldn't fit... you either wouldn't be able to pull the trigger all the way back in DA or the trigger would have to sit too far forward for your finger to reach, both due to the size and shape of the trigger guard.

59 or 5906 are the bread and butter Smith 9s
Here's a guide if you want to look up the less common variants

Very enticing pistol for a lot of reasons, am strongly hoping the MSRP is not over $1,500.

USPs come in batches, they have mostly dried up currently. It's normal, sometimes guns come in cycles. The Walther P99 is another example that comes in small batches, sell out, and are unavailable for months. You could look on forums for used ones or pick a different gun

Attached: SW-semi-model-chart-1.jpg (894x2104, 598K)

>order elite hammer for my M9
>out for delivery today
>oh boy I can install it at work on break
>waiting
>waiting
>finally have to leave for work
>delivered 2 minutes after I left
Reeee

That makes sense because one of the other guys I was looking at is the P99 and it's the same deal. I'm not in a rush really so I'll just shoot and finger fuck more guns until they become available.

>at pawn shop picking up a transfer one of my customers FUBARd
>Tangfolio sitting in case
>hmmmm
>ask to see it
>TZ-75 series 88
>appears to be near-mint
>$399 sticker
>want
>"hey I'll give you $325 cash"
>deal.jpg
so. New toy for me. I actually don't know a whole lot about them other than they're a clone of the CZ75 short-rail. Anybody wanna chime in on it?

How much better can I do and who do I get it from then?

I want an old school snub .38. Any suggestions?

Attached: 20190317_214424_1552876354088.jpg (960x720, 199K)

For that price point, you could get yourself an older S&W Highway Patrolman or a Colt Trooper. Might be worth considering.

Attached: 20190311_181851.jpg (1932x2576, 937K)

You're being chased by murderous Ganados looking for the president's daughter. You've nade it to a safe place, and the local hipster gun merchant can only offer you a choice between a p99 and a PX4 for survival, in exchange for some weirdo beer stein you found.

Assuming you don't give a shit about frame safeties, paddle mag releases, or threaded barrels, which do you pick to make it out alive.

Attached: p99tohikaku.jpg (440x573, 36K)

P99, it looks cooler and it's not Italian.

SW model 36

Attached: 2037C8F9-222A-4C71-83AF-FF0D692055F7.jpg (350x238, 28K)

Attached: GP100 & Model 19.jpg (5312x2988, 2.77M)

Looks pretty nice. Any reason in particular I should look for one of those?

Attached: 20190311_181838.jpg (1932x2576, 981K)

Beretta.

NOT A GLOCK

You’re right, they’re all better guns than any Glock could be.

Thanks for pointing that out!!

shoots vry well

Attached: fudd range.jpg (1182x1468, 514K)

Cocksucker.

Looking at getting a sig mosquito for the gf here soon. Watched a few videos and it honestly looks like a fun gun.

To any No guns looking for a decent pistol for under 200$. Get a Star BM. It's a great starting point to jump from as far as pistols go.

Attached: 1115181532.jpg (4160x2336, 2.09M)

Another picture of my Star BM
Pros as a first pistol:
>180$ before tax
>9mm (it PREFERS steel case lol) so it's cheap to shoot
>all steel frame means you can use it as a club in a pinch
>heavy so you'll get used to carrying it
>mid sized. Not too big, not too small.
>classic design

From this gun you can choose what you'd like in your next gun.
>do you want reduced frame weight with a poly lower?
>bigger caliber?
>longer barrel?
>more capacity?
>night sights?

Attached: 0922182130.jpg (4160x2336, 3.21M)

We all know that looking cool is the most important thing so the P99. The Beretta is fugly.

The P99 literally looks like someone put a Hi Point on a diet. It's not the ugliest pistol in the world but it's damn sure uglier than a PX4.

I don't like the looks of the P99 very much either but the px4 is the ugliest polymer handgun currently made besides hi point.

Welp. That's going back to Beretta ASAP.

I can fix the windage with a sight pusher but I can't fix 3" high @ 15y.

Attached: target m9a3 march.jpg (2800x1867, 536K)

>APX
>XD GRIP ZONE
>PPQ M2
>literally anything Kel Tec
There's a fuckload of polymer guns out there more hideous than either.

Goddamn, Beretta, get your shit straight.

Do you like it otherwise?

Lol you just suck Burt