Brownells Retro

Anyone get something from their retro line yet? I'm interested in the BRN16A1 but all the reviews online look like paid promotion.

Attached: d28e69785d71b9edc19ecdf0f26092b2.jpg (750x741, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myservicerifle.com/product/troy-xm177e2/
youtu.be/0cmPxi13rkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd get the AR10 if it comes to Canada

What's the difference between the BRN and the XBRN? I haven't been able to figure it out by looking at their site.

Also I haven't heard anything bad about them and they're at the top of my list for an A1 clone which I would like to get soon.

historically you mean? the XBRNs are the experimental m16s.

BRN16A1 is their clone of the M16A1, full fence lower and bird cage flash hider. XBRN is their clone of the XM16E1, partial fence, chrome bcg, and three prong flash hider.

My rifle is built with 90% Brownells parts, it works great. Just make sure to be patient and get their gray upper and lower. It looks a million times better then the matte black.

gun jesus and his nazi wannbe friend have a fairly decent review. Like most guns on the market it generally works under most conditions. I cant speak on its quality or life span. If you're looking for quality and aesthetics why not just do you own retro build.

I'll get most of them when they become available in Canada so probably never.

oh okay that makes sense thanks

While I’m usually anal about details, I built my M16A1 clone with a 3-prong instead of a birdcage. It’s visually appealing and 99% of gun folks would never know the difference.

Do they have an 80% I can buy to to do an M16a1 build? I'd like to build my own AR with a receiver I mill on my own.

3 prongs are accurate, Colt was a jew about not wasting parts so the first M16A1's had three prongs. It's also one of the same reasons I think SP1s have slickside uppers and lowers.

The three prongs were also used on some rifles into the 1980s.

Attached: A Marine equipped with an M-16A1 rifle, backpack, field protective mask, helmet and camouflage utili (2827x1873, 1.79M)

They don't, but Nodak Spud does. They're out of stock until later this year though, they ran out of forgings. Just watch the website it's how I snagged a "blem" gray M16A1 upper. Not even a blem it was a tiny scratch on the side.

Correct. There was an article on that in rifleman. 3 prong were used in ar 15s we’ll into the 80s

Also don't forget the US Airforce had M16's without forward assists and they look /aesthetic/. You can pick up a "blem" gray slickside upper from Nodak rn, they got 11 of em. Just ask for photos and pick out the best one.

Attached: Airmen, armed with M-16 rifles, guard an F-4C Phantom II aircraft during chemical warfare training, (2840x1850, 1.45M)

I got a few of their retro lowers, and theyre pretty good. I believe they are made from nodak forgings which is nice. Have the correct early profile and the finish is pretty nice.

>I can't see shit in this thing
>Look, no one is saying that the masks were a bad idea. They were just poorly executed.

Ian and Karl gave them a positive review so you know they're shit that they only send to people they can buy off.

They will outshoot all of these noguns "i'd punch the DI in the face" neets' wildest larp dreams

They feel threatened by them because they've already bought/built authentic/repro retro guns

They're not any more or less accurate than any other non free-floated barrel gun on the market, they're not advertised as "pretend you have the real thing" which seems to be how a lot of people are reacting to them, or general "I can't like this gun someone else has because I don't" syndrome

tl;dr get them or dont

I have an early one in matte black. While the color isn't accurate for vietnam era A1s, I like to think it's an early 1980s refurb or late production gun.

I built one with a brownells upper and lower. It works great, no problems. Brownell's 20rd steel mags are absolute shit though, all kinds of feeding problems

they are nodak

I didn't buy one. But I built one using their upper, and I'm not doing that ever again.

First one they sent me has the rear sight windage screw drilled too low and I couldn't install it.

Next one they sent had flashing left over in the charging handle track. Which was gouging the top of my charging handle. At that point I just said 'fuck it' and took a file to the excess flashing.

>Brownells is the only company readily making new production steel mags
>they're fucking garbage
I really like Brownells and I like buying from them but their magazines are fucking garbage and have been for YEARS. You'd think they'd fix the problem but they haven't.

I'm pretty sure when Brownells first put them out someone on Jow Forums posted a picture of an upper with no whatever the fuck you call the things the dust cover gets installed into or something that raised similar questions of how the fuck did that get past QC.
Lost the picture in a hdd reformat but it was hilarious and makes poorfag cope posts like even more delicious.
Sucks you missed out on the parts kits get a sp1 broke nigga.
NDS lowers are pretty good though. Wonder if McKay still makes them because theirs were just as good.

It works fine now. Was just pissed that Brownells couldn't get their shit together and I had to fix their fuck up for them.

bought one and did a few range days with it and it's been wonderful. specifically it was a BRN16A1. The only issue I have seen is I need to adjust the sights as they go low and left at 50 meters. The stock set lacks the glossy look of old m16a1s so that needs to be fixed. other than that the gun works great.

McKay receivers are fine. But they're really rough.

Troy is making an even better XM177 for the same price

myservicerifle.com/product/troy-xm177e2/

HK and Beretta make steel mags.

>Troy

Attached: r960-91f9423b2e0008849acb9aa3b77db920.jpg (657x960, 120K)

Colt M16A1 parts kits were the shit when they were $200.

Attached: 1550437507289_image1.jpg (3264x2448, 1.56M)

I did notice that. For the money that you pay the Troy just comes with more stuff. MAC did a video comparing the Brownells and Troy XM117 when it was first released. I was not impressed desu.
youtu.be/0cmPxi13rkM

Didn't they hire Lon Horiuchi? The Atf or FBI agent who killed Viki Weaver and was Sierra 2 at Waco?

>Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi is the American FBI agent who murdered Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge in 1992.
First line of his Wikipedia, kek. Make sure it stays that way Jow Forums.