So, I was gone yesterday and Ian had a drunk video about the Hudson bankruptcy. As an offhand comment...

So, I was gone yesterday and Ian had a drunk video about the Hudson bankruptcy. As an offhand comment, he called the AR-15 the "overall best gun I history"...
I'm curious that Jow Forums doesn't seem to have exploded about this.

Attached: 1549018164160.jpg (720x727, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1PRAjroxlJI&ved=2ahUKEwidksS7spThAhWM1IMKHbEbARkQwqsBMAB6BAgIEAU&usg=AOvVaw3smwbrTiOFOhBAM8rnFgA9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I'm curious that Jow Forums doesn't seem to have exploded about this.
because it's true

Can i make a waifu golem out of spent brass? Should I consult /x/?

It's not really controversial.
>Reliable
>Modular
>Accurate
>Lightweight
>Designed by whites and not subhuman Slavs

It does almost anything you need. Want a quiet rifle that serves as a sub gun replacement? SBR a .300 blackout and put a suppressor on. Want a .22 long rifle plinking gun? You can buy a conversion kit. Want a beltfeed? Ar15. Want a .50 Bmg bolt action? That’s a thing with the Ar15. Only thing it can’t do is shotgun shells, brush gun, or .308.

There does exist a .410 upper

M4 >>> AR-15
>Stay cucked civvie

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

The intercourse would be extremely painful.

I'm a big guy.

Yeah, just there isn’t as much bizzare shit available. Plus there’s less pellet count and magazines and shotguns don’t always work (rimlock and varing shell materials)

Think he decided to invest in shills for other websites. We were getting a ton of Ian spam for a while and it dropped off super hard.

I mean, it's sort of the final iteration of our current level of technology. It will remain the standard everything is judged against until the next big innovation.

AR-15
Colt Single Action Army
Browning M2
Model 39A

All of these are old as fuck and still being made today. Overall I'd go with the M2 overall. Range, accuracy, rate of fire, i mean shit

>>implying Ian's opinions mean anything
Top stuff mate.

>Make a waifu from brass

Why didn't I think of that?!?

Attached: 1437385282219.jpg (1000x800, 191K)

I wouldn't call it the best gun, but I'd probably say it's probably the best modular platform for various gun parts. You can with very little effort make AR's short or long barreled, a number of different conventional calibers and some exotic ones too, you can slap on any number of stocks and rails for a bunch of different options in terms of peripherals, the guts of the system are relatively simple, efficient, and reliable, and if you strip away all the branding costs and name buying bullshit the actual components of most AR-compatible equipment is quite cheap. Those are the kinds of qualities you absolutely want in a mass produced gun, other specialized guns will probably perform various roles better, but if absolute top of the line costs are too high or you want to keep your selection of guns relatively homogeneous for logistic reasons an AR can usually be modified to do the same job "good enough" for a significantly lower cost.

make sure you stick a couple of 40mm mk3 casings down below and fill with cosmoline

ME
WANT
BOOLIT
TIDDIES
NAO

It is... but as I have always said, not as a result of the design itself but the aftermarket.

>shotgun shells
There's literally a belt fed 12ga MG upper for ARs.
>or .308
Not mag fed but there are single shot boltgun uppers for AR15s in basically all full-power rifle calibers from .22-250 through .50BMG, and if you want mag fed then there's the AR10 which has limited parts compatibility with the AR15.

we wore that discussion out a long time ago....

>12G beltfed ar-15
YOU WHAT.

>brush gun
.458 SOCOM next question pls
>.308
Nigger, the AR10 exists for a reason.

Enjoy your trigger-pull lottery.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1PRAjroxlJI&ved=2ahUKEwidksS7spThAhWM1IMKHbEbARkQwqsBMAB6BAgIEAU&usg=AOvVaw3smwbrTiOFOhBAM8rnFgA9

Technically the AR-10 is a different firearm. I believe people are talking about using only AR-15 lowers.

It wasn't even the image I intended to post.
>Phoneposting at lunch break, local tower is slow as absolute fuck.
>Phoneposting from work, local tower is rangebanned.
Life is suffering...

Attached: 1499125973170.jpg (625x463, 75K)

>As an offhand comment, he called the AR-15 the "overall best gun I history"...
shit gun, shit owners, who would have guessed

>AR-15
not most accurate
not most reliable
not longest range
cheap construction good profit margin
the firearm of choice for fucking idiots

>be machinist
>have gun hobby
>get engineering degree
>start 07 ffl company
>make a few cool things that absofuckinglutely nobody buys
>limp along doing kitchen table transfers and gunsmithing
>gun jesus dabs on my dreams while drunkposting

Life is pain brahs

Attached: 1550839047133.jpg (685x913, 168K)

post ur fucking catalog nigger
>you won't because you're a lying faggot

>exceptional accuracy
>exceptional reliability
>exceptional range
>cheap construction, good price
>unequivocally unmatched in availability and modularity.
It is objectively "the best" at something, and ticks exceptional on every other box as well. I dare you to find another gun that even comes close.

Attached: 1552617201594.png (300x300, 124K)

He's paragreentexting as Hudson you autist

based and mil-pilled

>excelent range
>standard chambering is the shortest range intermediate caliber produced

Attached: thinking in italian.png (630x688, 62K)

7.62x39 is shorter range than 5.56

The AR 15 is the name of the family of rifles that include the m4. The M4 is an Armalite Rifle 15. (I can be pendantic and insufferable too)

I would cover this sculpture in semen

5.56 is shorter range than 7.62x39?? Golly, you must be a fucking genius...

Ian is a giant faggot. How can anyone watch any of his vids? I can't, not with that high pitched, weak, fem-voice.

AR-15 isn't in the top hundred best guns in history.

It's not even a matter of "is it better than an AK?" it's "it's not even better than a brown bess", Have you ever even experienced the smoothness of a enfeild's bolt? The roar of a repeating rifle? Just look at this pedophile right here "you can conversion kit it" yeah and it's shit at anything you convert it to, you can put whatever fucking round you like in that direct impingement peice of shit and that's supposed to be a big "wow" thing, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THIS THING CALLED A "shotgun" SON. SEE YOU TAKE A MAGNIFICENT THING CALLED A "breach block" AND YOU JUST JAM IN WHATEVER FITS INTO THE BARREL. WANT A QUIET GUN? SABOT A FIN STABILISED ROUND IN THE SHELL WITH JUST A PINCH OF POWDER. WANT A PLINKING GUN? JUST JAM .22 BULLETS IN THE SHELL IN PLACE OF SHOT UNTIL THERE'S BARELY ROOM FOR POWDER WE KNOW YOU CAN'T AIM FOR SHIT. LOL YOU CONVERTED A DIRECT IMPINGEMENT GUN INTO A FUCKING BOLT ACTION THUS ALLEVIATING THE AR OF IT'S ONE BENEFIT OVER AN ENFIELD OR MOSIN, NOW LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS CALLED A "SLUG" BOY IT'S LARGE AND ANGRY AND IS THE SECOND MOST COMMON TYPE OF FUCKING STORE BOUGHT SHELL AND YOU NEED TO STICK IT RIGHT UP YOUR ASS AND SIT ON A HAMMER BOY.
AND THE BEST BIT ABOUT FIRING A .50 SLUG OUT OF A SHOTGUN? THAT AFTER YOU FIRE YOUR .50 OUT OF THE FIRST BARREL YOU KNOW WHAT SHOTGUNS COME WITH?

TWO.
FUCKING.
BARRELS.

THAT'S SEMI AUTOMATIC AT NO EXTRA COST, DOES AN AR HAVE TWO BARRELS? OF COURSE NOT, IT BARELY HAS ONE.

Now consider the brown bess, one of the most widely made guns ever. It's an angry english tube and it fires democracy. It can't jam, even if you leave the charging handle, which is a thing you use to CHARGE the fucking thing as opposed to another jamming mechanism, in the pipe while loading it. That's right fucko, a brown bess can FIRE CHARGING HANDLES AT THE ENEMY. And if your enemy is using ARs? Well that's a lot of enemy guns jammed.

Attached: Fudd Macangry.png (367x494, 229K)

cringe

People are allowed to have their opinions. I do personally think that in areas that AR excels, that is being used by highly trained professionals that can actually use it top end features, piston based derivative would be even better.

Thing is that there are plenty of aspects we can improve upon, like making it simpler, easier to maintain and even more modular.

>Lightweight
back in the days maybe

Attached: space_gorilla.webm (718x404, 2.15M)

>People are allowed to have their opinions.

No they're not and neither are you.

It’s as light as you want it to be. You can have a 6-7lb rifle with the basics or easily make it over 10lb if you slap extra shit on it. It’s your choice if you include extra stuff which actually improves the effectiveness. Nothing else has that much variety of options

On average modern 16" inch AR without front sight and carry handle will weight roughly same as loader original (that had 20" barrel) would.

>NZ feds are here
when are you gonna get redpilled yet

OP here, now THIS is the kind of thread I was expecting to find. This shit is gold.

Attached: 1530563058633.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

M4 isn't even a very good AR15

I own an H9, what are the chances that the price of it will skyrocket?

Slim to none.

>DOES AN AR HAVE TWO BARRELS? OF COURSE NOT
Kiss my millionaire ass, Cleatus.

Attached: 2d333eb405952dc1f8eb9713e3eb41c4.jpg (864x433, 32K)

Well fuck, at least it looks cool

I have hopes, I don't think it's dead yet.
All of the problems it had are simple fixes, and bankruptcy might be just what they need to fix them.

Ha ha ha, oh wow!

Attached: 154724201663197.gif (444x250, 1.1M)

Another pistol manufacturer will probably pick up the Hudson IP and hopefully make an offer to pick up some of the workers who got shafted. Really good ideas don't just vanish.
The folks that paid in advance though... They're fucked.
>TFW spent nearly $1.5k over the years on 3D printers that all ended up being vaporware.

>back in the days maybe

The whole "light weight" thing was always another direct impingement meme; in gas piston systems the piston and the block are seperate peices, in direct impingement the piston and block are a single peice so they weigh the same but the DI system was touted as "weighing less because it doesn't have a piston" because marketing folk love to lie.
And the relative weight of gas piston vs. DI is before taking into account all the ways the AR's particular implementation of DI means that it's gas system ends up weighing more than it really should because the tubes are longer. There certain Gas Piston gun that weigh more, but when comparing to an AKM or SKS you've always been looking at a heavier gun in an AR

The only real benefit to DI is that the recoil is minutely lower down in the gun so it "feels" less heavy when you fire it, but the difference in apparent weight is so small you'd have to be a total noodle arms to even tell the difference – partly, again, this is down to the AR's particular placement of the gas tube higher up and further down a longer barrel meaning that the entire center of mass of the AR is higher than it really should be and thus moves back up to where it is in gas piston designs, again negating any benefit the DI system might give it.

Thus the overall problem of the AR: It is not a terrible gun, it is not even neccesarily a bad gun, but it's a lot of good gun smithing assembled badly to make a gun far more terrible than it should be.