AR

So I live in the shit hole that is MD and have considered buying an AR before the state completely bans them. But I don’t know shit about them. At this point I’m more worried about getting one while i still can. Am I going to look like a complete ass hole if I go in with brutal honesty? I plan on taking the classes my LGS offers but from what I hear, they can ban that shit whenever they get legislation passed.

Attached: C0029C45-FD4E-44A6-9B71-6206103B5C30.gif (267x200, 1.9M)

Halp

The local gun store will be up to date on the rules, just go in one and buy one. What do you want to know?

It’s not as much about what I want to know as it is my general lack of knowledge regarding the gun itself. From the way it works to mounting a scope to general maintenance. I’m more concerned with buying something that’s quality that I can stash until I’ve educated myself on how to properly handle it.

I hear they have search engines on computers now. You need to be more specific op that's not really a question.

Attached: 1526178066437.jpg (943x960, 285K)

And no, just be honest, they deal with noobs all day long. The ones who pretend to know everything when they're actually dummies are the worst.

Basically I don’t want to look line a fucking idiot and get laughed out of the store, or have them tell me to fuck off.

Ok. Yeah, they will probably try to up-sell you on more than you need and you don't want to get screwed or end up with junk either, I feel you. Honestly I'd grab the Ruger AR-556 MPR and call it done. It's a uniquely solid rifle for crazy cheap, comes with a warranty, nothing to assemble and thus fuck up yourself, is accurate and upgradeable as you learn.

Awesome. Thanks for the help

Naw they want your money, trust me. Every store is different. Some stores have super chill guys in there who don't care to push you on something, and are brutally honest, even criticizing their own products etc. Just tell them what your planned Philosophy Of Use is (hi nutn)

Thank you for your help

This is decent advice; start with a cheap AR and if elements of it don't work for your uses or you are otherwise not satisfied you can get another ar once you go into it with more experience.
This is what I did years back but depends on your budget I guess.

Lol. It's not the AR-556 MPR. They make an AR-556 and an MPR. The MPR is the pricier but much nicer one.

Yeah the lady who runs the store is a former cop and big 2a advocate, although they probably are all. Last time I was in there she was pushing everyone to rally in Annapolis when they were debating gun legisltion.

That's cool, that means they are aware of the current laws which are always changing in a neverending attempt to turn all us well-meaning honest Americans into felons. (I lived in California when I built my first AR, that was hard mode for a noob)

Budget isn’t much of an issue. I work my ass of but make great money. Plus my girl doesn’t give a shit what I do with it. I could go anywhere from $600-$2000. I don’t wanna go balls out on a whim but something solid that people can recommend would be awesome.

Yeah. What you originally thought you would want changes as you build it and shoot it.. you find out your preferences change. So I wouldn't go big right out of the gate with nothing to base decisions on

If it might be your only AR, I'd probably get a good quality one. Zev is a meme, BCM is solid. If you hate your wallet, buy LMT.

Hm maybe you are not in the USA & the naming is different for you

That’s my biggest concern. I just my hql and it feels like I’m getting into shooting at the twilight of its legality in Maryland. Luckily my girl has a ton of friends in VA and WV, so if it’s something I become super passionate about, she won’t hesitate to move

Thanks for all the help guys!

Yeah, I kind of feel the same way. I'm going to get several "always wanted but never got" firearms here in the next few months b/c once we have them it's much harder to take them away than it is to try to prevent us from buying them at the gun stores.
You may also want to look into grabbing one or two lower receivers, for building later on. That banning fear is why I bought my stripped lower back when Obama got re-elected. I put it in a drawer and forgot about it for a long time until finally building it later.

Report back what you end up with

you fell for the media parroting shit about how these "Weapons of war" can only be maintained and fired effectively with "training." in all honesty the AR platform is probably one of the simplest weapons to use. it really isnt that hard, and its extremely user friendly, and very open to modification and customization. id recommend just getting a s&w m&p15 to start with.

is it legal for me to go into Delaware and buy one of these off Armslist/a store and bring it back ti MD?

Will do

That was my original plan until i read a thread a few days ago shitting all over
The m&p15. I’m about as green as it gets when it comes to guns, so while I get they’re pretty simple to use, so is basic math unless you’ve never seen someone do it.

When I was in California there was a big website where we all tried to unpack the torrent of laws like this and give each other advice. There's got to be one for Delaware faigs.

From what I understand, know. Previous owners who bought before the ar ban in 2013 were grandfathered in, but if you purchased after 2013/are planning on purchasing an ar, it has to be an HBAR

Jow Forums is nothing but roasting and shitting on things as a matter of course; try not to pay too much attention to the autists. For a noob the M&P is a fine rifle, I'd go with that Ruger personally but as long as you have something the rest can be upgraded later.

Jesus Christ booze shits all over my grammer

If they have it, I’m taking the previous advice and going ruger, then maybe purchasing a lower or two for building my own later. I just didn’t wanna get suckered into buy some meme shit

Marylander here.
The general rule of thumb for buying ARs now is just to go HBAR because it's legal (Unless that law gets passed. Pray it doesn't). If you're short on cash, you might be able to find a lower for sale at a local store that you can pick up, and then you'll just have to slap an upper on it later, but I'd steer clear of that unless you don't mind building at all. If they are available, Ruger and Smith and Wesson are good budget ARs.

grammar

What was the reasoning for the heavy barrel requirement? Seems so strange

Attached: 9F03393C-5BE3-4461-9381-E7A71810471B.jpg (493x340, 29K)

Because the people who pass legislation don’t know what they’re talking about and it got snuck in. Some dips hit from pg county is on video trying to ban ARs but didn’t know what AR stood for

All you got to do is buy one and watch youtube videos about it. It's easy. Buy a Smith & Wesson M&P Sport 15.

Jesus. What on earth did they think a "heavy barrel" does for safety vs a reg barrel. So random. "Only rifles with spongebob squarepants stickers on the magwell are legal!"
Dafuq

Ruger with the 18" cold hammer forged barrel is dope.

Unironically buy an 80% receiver from VA and mill it out. Buy the parts from VA. Buy big boy magazines from VA. Don’t shoot at public range.

If anyone asks, a friend left it there or you ‘lost’ it or it is properly out of sight.

The MD hbar bill didnt make it out of committee. You got a little time. But no excuse to be fucking lackin. What county are you in.

Lol nice try FBI