Where do you guys sight in your 1x sights? Been thinking 50 yards but what’s everyone’s preference? Pic related op AR

Where do you guys sight in your 1x sights? Been thinking 50 yards but what’s everyone’s preference? Pic related op AR

Attached: CF1093E8-1F34-40F8-865D-32C8C85A737D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

50yds has the closest spread between 50-300yds, with 50-200 being effectively at the same point.

At a 50yd zero it will generally be good enough to hit a 6 inch circle anywhere within 300yds. Good enough for me.

MPBR for a 6" spread, sighted in at 25 and confirmed at 100. You'll never look back.

3rd for 50 yards

50 yards is good but 200 yards is supposedly superior.

100m because I am a lazy asshole

Start by not mounting your optic on the handguard, the top rail on the receiver is far more rigid.

50 yards. I can't see well enough without some magnification at 100 yards.

It wont matter until you get your optic off the handguard and on to the upper. I did 100 yards.

get your optic off the handgaurd fuckwit, only monolithic uppers can do that and retain zero

Even the handguard section of a monolithic upper will still have some flex.

Okay, I was unaware, will definitely do that tonight. Gotta leave enough room for a magnifier though

Why get a magnifier instead of getting a variable in the first place?
it's not 2006 anymore

36yard zero

I’ve always been a fan of the look, and never really thought of a variable. Any suggestions?

Note the position of my micro directly over the mag well. Aimpoint magnifier in a larue mount fits perfectly between it and the rear sight. You'll have room unless you're doing something retarded.

Attached: reee.png (610x523, 496K)

Trijicon VCOG, but you're probably too poor to afford it.

I’ve been looking at those actually, the 4x version

Okay perfect! I’ll move mine after work

What kind of reticle do you want? The Vortex Strike Eagle makes an affordable BDC reticle, and there's 1-6 and 1-8x versions. The Trijicon VCOG is also a BDC scope, but it's very expensive and quite heavy as well (with the flip side to that being that it's bomb proof in terms of durability). If you want a ffp mil-dot reticle, they're generally more expensive (but still not VCOG expensive for the most part, unless you get a nightforce or something). Trijicon makes the Accupower in 1-4 and 1-8x versions. EOTech makes the Vudu in 1-6x, and personally I really like it's reticle. Sig Sauer makes the Tango 4 (1-4x) and Tango 6 (1-6x). There's also very expensive options from Swarovski, Nightforce, and Vortex makes the Razor.

Trijicon also makes 1-6x accupoint scopes that are 2nd focal plane; don't use a battery and the reticle is basically just a triangle.

Attached: weaponsmart_241_of_204_-2.jpg (3183x2122, 395K)

that would be an acog. vcog is is a variable scope. I'd recommend vortex or nightforce 1-6 or 1-8.

200m, Army style. y'all 50m kids got me buggin.

Attached: moemarksmanship.jpg (1640x919, 156K)

Don't forget primary arms ACSS.

You can sight it in closer, then confirm further out. It's easier to correct large problems closer in, so you're not 3 feet to the left at 200 yds and can't see it, because the optic isn't even on paper.

I’m very fond of the 1x optic look, but want the option of a 3-4x if not more variable. That’s my issue with my optic situation and why I’ve been leaning towards the EOtech flip magnifier.

doesnt eotech have a shorter battery life and warranty than aimpoint by several times?

Haven’t looked into it so I wouldn’t know, but from what I have gathered Eotech makes the only flip magnifier someone please correct me if I am wrong

They're about the same. Start with 50 and you should be pretty close at 200. Confirm at 200.

you are wrong.

Sig makes a red dot and magnifier that I've had my eye on.

Can you provide a link to another flip magnifier? Would love to look at it

Doesn't a variable have way less battery life than a red dot?

an lpvo doesnt need a battery during daylight unless you just really like the color red

I’d be interested in that cause I’ve got the romeo5 as you can see in my pic

Op here, looking at the juliet4 flip magnifier for my gun, if I’m thinking correctly I can sight my 1x for 50 yards and then flip the 4x and sight that for 100 yards correct?

As already mentioned, 50-200 (start at 50, confirm at 200) is your best bet. My old range had steel every 50 yards out to 500 and at 300 I could still just put the dot on the plate and it would connect

Attached: FCF5CAC8-B2CA-4686-ABE9-6E90848B6895.jpg (4032x3024, 2.5M)

36 yard zero is best. Also, can't tell if that's some type of knock-off monolithic upper or not, but you should really move the red dot back to avoid potential zero-shift issues.

50 yard.
From 0-225 yards you're looking at a poi shift of + or - roughly 3 inches of variance above or below your poa holding center mass. That's damn good for a carbine with no magnification. No worries about holds and you'll still make consistent hits.

Chinkshit RDS mounted to handguard?

Methinks you zero distance doesn't matter and is the least of your problems.

is sig sauer chinkshit these days?

Das a good point I think you convinced me.

36 yard master race.
Both irons and red dots benefit from this zero, 50 meter zero is LARPfag teir.

Anyone have info on this?

36 yard zero is the only smart zero.

>He doesn't zero his rifle at about 350
Ya dun goofed son

Oh, is 36 an actual thing?

You’re looking for a mount. Vortex, primary arms, holosun, eotech, larue, etc. all have mounts and/or magnifier packages at various price points.

>methinks

Confirmed neckbeard

Isn't there a big difference in price between the 2? Is the nf worth almost a grand more?

36 yards cause I’m not a retard

It’s fake news if you have a solid handguard your not getting a poi change that will effect practical accuracy, I have my eotech mounted between handguard and reciver on my beater gun never had an issue

1.9” Low at 10 yards
Fite me

Worse. PooShit

36 y zero then

What the fuck does a 36 yard zero do.

It ensures your rifle is zeroed and ready for combat at 36 yards.

basically tightens up all your shots from 25-300 yards, which is the effective range of 5.56

the 300 yd mark for 50 yard zero is low enough to be out of frame

Attached: AWUREmJ.png (799x793, 512K)

Damn you right, my bad

This pic is by far the best explanation I have ever seen over zeroing

I still prefer 50 for my red dots since it gives me a better drop range for 25-200 yds. 36 really only gives improves 200-300 yd shots over 50.
If I were to expect to make 200yd+ shots regularly I would just swap to my Browe with a BDC.
In any case it's all larping anyway.

50 still seems better than 36 according to this.

Attached: 1551655422597.jpg (217x407, 12K)

stupid fucking meme video by literal retard for larpers

Can you explain this, as if to a retard?

36yd zero is retarded, who the fuck wants to account for that huge fucking elevation change in point of impact every time they shoot?

50 yd is more compact for the most frequent set of distances you'll shoot at, and then you use common sense when moving further out to 250/300 by adjusting for that drop yourself.

I think I’ve settled on the Juliet 4 for my Romeo 5. Unless anyone has a bad experience with it

Really? Maybe I’ll sight it in and run it like I have it for some time and see if anything changes

Guns should be banned, you are all disgusting pigs for owning guns.

If you zero your optic to the red dot, your 55gr 5.56 bullet should impact at the black dots at the corresponding ranges.

I think the video was with a 14.5 inch barrel, with a supressor. Which is retarded because the vast majority of people haves 16 inch, with no suppressors.

In other words stick with a 50 yard zero.

36 is a retarded larper meme
50 yards is the best zero

36 yard has the smallest spread from 0 to 300 you fucking brainlet.

nikon target efr. Anything more expensive is a wasre of money

It has the smallest total spread according to the pic, but it has higher vertical deviation than 50yd for 0-250.
Also they were fucking using a 14.5 inch barrel with a suppressor, when 16 inch is by far the most popular configuration.

I've never even shot mine past 50 yards lmao, it's probably zeroed for like 20 yards.

Oh and it's a 1-6 variable optic

Attached: 1554814346683.webm (480x600, 2.91M)

Brainlet status confirmed. Stop using words you don't understand. Deviation is the difference between the largest number and the smallest number in the set. The deviation for 36 yard zero is 5.5", the deviation for 50 yard zero is 9".

I used a dot/mag setup for hog culling. Didn't know if I would stumble on 20 of them 10 yards away in the bush or have to take a shot on the upper half of one across a 200m field (and also positively ID the thing i'm about to shoot as not livestock) but mostly closer range stuff. Pretty close to perfect for that, and I have no strong desire to change it up.

everybody who actually shoots learns to aim higher to account for drop and 50 yd zero plays into that, 36yd does the complete fucking opposite of that and says fuck everything about the way everyone is naturally inclined to learn how to shoot and start accounting for your hits landing higher than your point of aim. it's completely fucking counter intuitive you dumb nigger. if you've ever done CQB you'd also know this because of height over bore plays a huge factor sub 25yds where again the natural inclination is to aim higher and anticipate your hits being at or below your point of aim.

KILL YOURSELF

Attached: 1554218336141.jpg (831x799, 55K)

This is wrong.

You're a fucking moron, the whole entire point of 36 yard is that you don't have to do a retarded hold over, just aim center mass out to 300 and you'll score hits AT MOST 5.5" off your POA.
I know you like to LARP as a gorilla warrior who's more accurate than Carlos Hathcock on full auto from the hip, reality is that putting ammo on target at 300 yards is plenty for your boogaloo fantasy. Fuck off back to r/firearms you redditspacer.

since you're clearly brain delayed, let me reiterate my point that hold overs are already something that any seasoned shooter is naturally inclined to do. your stupid meme zero is a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

I'd rather make zero hold over adjustments for 25yds through to ~250yds and then hold over at >250, rather than have to consider and make adjustments for distances as near as 100-200.

YOU MAKE EXACTLY ZERO ADJUSTMENT FROM 0-300 AND IT JUST WORKS. GODDAMN REDDITPOSTER GO BACK REEEEEEEE

Attached: vcpPZ.jpg (717x880, 186K)

it's not zero adjustments when your impacts at 100/200/150 as seen are 3-4 inches above your fucking point of aim you stupid fucking black gorilla nigger.

>2 noguns arguing things like zeroing
Better than television

Umm no it won't. Not at all. You'd basically have to hold the handguard at the end and bend with all of your capable force and even then negligible movement.

Kinda splitting hairs here, but a 36 yard zero has a tighter spread out to 300 yards than a 50yd does. Source: some former seal i found on YouTube about a month ago made a video about it

Just to clarify, i'm refering to LMT solid piece construction.

That's wrong though you little pseud
>a measure of difference between the observed value of a variable and some other value
deviation for 50 is smaller between the the furthest outlier (out of 0-250) and the zero (5)

>Deviation is the difference between the largest number and the smallest number in the set.
That's the range you moron

pretending to be retarded?

Attached: Capture.jpg (836x24, 6K)

23yd because I live rural and I have a road sign at that distance from my mailbox. Just boresight everything that I can, get everything else done for me.

Pistol 25m
Rifles 400m
I lile seeing my target with them.

yikes and retardpilled

too big

It does not fucking matter because a RDS is not a long range precision aiming device. As long as you don't do something retarded, the deviation does not matter in relation to target size.

This.

How do I know how far 36 yards is at an indoor gun range? I actually agree with the 36 because you can just not adjust up to 300 yards then past that u can aim up a bit more.

Also to get the zero do you just set the target at 36 and make sure your shots are on point with the sights? Or is there something else involved?

somebody knit that faggot a cute sweater