Cutting edge technology

>cutting edge technology
>led directly to development of civilian jetliners
>cost per unit adjusted for inflation: 17m

How the FUCK is an F35 costing 5x as much

Attached: 04202623-C63B-4A66-905F-DBDF71C35D91.jpg (750x431, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kHa3WNerjU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because aircraft were cheaper back then. Mainline fighters and bombers have increased in price across the board over the decades.

Because suff was cheaper when it wasn't packed to the brim with silicon chips

A B-47 can't see a missile launch from half a country away

analog computing and most things were done manually by the crew compared to today

Because technologically B-47 was ludicrously more primitive than the F-35.

Like what everyone else has been saying, its basically the same tech used in the planes that they had been making for the last 30 odd years, just scaled up and with turbines strapped to it.

>>led directly to development of civilian jetliners

Comet had fuck all to do with B47

>Comet
*breaks up in midair*

user thats a metiorite

>fucking square windows

British "engineering"

How many people has the 737 killed this year?

It's not America's fault that third worlders can't fly planes.

Except it's been proven that it's a design problem that causes the jet to dive itself into the fucking ground.

Which is why they are grounded worldwide.

Fuck off with your damage control.

based boeing shill

You're just salty cause Britain can't build planes anymore.

We literally make the wings for every civilian airbus and the best jet engines in the world, Plus various other components. Not our fault that Airbus decides to spread the rest of it out.

346 people killed by Boeing this year by the way.

It was actually the pilots' fault.
There is a procedure for that situation that calls for the autopilot to be shut off, which they did, and flew for a bit like that. However the retarded niggers decided that it would be a good idea to let the autopilot re trim the plane instead of slowing down and doing it themselves. So they turned the thing on again and died.

>How the FUCK is an F35 costing 5x as much
The F-35 is really more of a software project than it is a fighter jet. Tying everything together with sensor fusion and information display is resource intensive, but it will pay off with other aircraft and fighting systems. For example, the Distributed Aperture system was recently integrated onto the V-280.
It's more of an issue with Boeing not properly informing pilots on the MCAS and how it worked, leading to disorientation and confusion when the plane was doing something on its own.

>Rolls Royce
>Best jet engines in the world
>When they can barely manage half the thrust of what GE or P&W can shit out.

Ok retard.

Not memeing here, I am saddened by the loss of Britain's aerospace industry. Some of their combat aircraft were pretty neat.

The Manhattan Project cost $28,000,000,000 in today's dollars.
That's 28 billion for creating a revolutionary scifi weapon from scratch.

The US military loses that amount per day probably. The US is completely inefficient and relies entirely on money. They could destroy tanks just by dropping crates of money on it. Which they basically do if you look at the cost of their weapons.

Todays military is a scam, completely corrupt. And if anyone says to cut back they get labelled as a traitor or commie.

>It was actually the pilots' fault.
"no"

Yes it was, that accident was entirely preventable if they didnt rely on the autopilot to fly for them.

Feel free to name the GE or P&W engine that has 186,800lb of thrust

"you're holding it wrong"

Classic american spin.

Meanwhile in the real world all of the jets are grounded and their is a class action underway that will cost boeing billions.

If you're trying to say American engineering is good, then you probably shouldn't blame those who thought the autopilot wans't actively trying to kill them. Just as you shouldn't try to defend MCAS, because the implication that you think it wasn't a horrible disaster of a system means you're utterly awful at engineering.

That British company does have some impressive engines. Maybe they should put them on some British planes. Oh wait...

Lul. Imagine thinking that a lawsuit means anything till judgement. Then again, I hate Boeing, so I hope you're right even though you're wrong.

Literally yes, the plane doesn't slam itself into the ground when the autopilot is off. The planes are grounded because of the autopilot bug, and they will be until it's fixed.

>cutting edge technology

Back then: engines and maybe a radar.

Today: so much electronics and software development that it's not even fun anymore.

Attached: GreatMerchant.jpg (1000x1600, 423K)

The issue in unrelated to the autopilot.

MACS is the plane stepping in to force the nose down outside of autopilot. did you even google it?

>ameritards change the flight characteristics to compete with airbus chads
>ameritards install buggy sw to compensate
>ameritards dont document the changes so they dont have to retrain pilots
>ameritards kill hundreds of people (as usual)

It was actually the pilots' fault.

>kek

Airbus is far worse.

I bet this guy wished he picked his battles better once he read this Set himself up for it perfectly.

>I get my information from VICE: The post

My guy, I go to a school that specializes in this shit, when a professor who has been flying since the 60's and works on crash site investigation says that it was the autopilot's fault, I believe him.

Hundreds of 737 MAX variants flying all over the world without incident. Two crash in close succession being flown by third world airlines with abysmal safety records.
Proceeds to blame Americans as per usual.

Nah, I don't mind. America has the largest aerospace industry on the planet, a few planes going down doesn't particularly bother me.

>My guy, I go to a school that specializes in this shit

Evidently not a good one. The FAA has stated that the MACS issue is unrelated to autopilot.

"However, that anti-stall system — called MCAS for its acronym — only activates if the autopilot is turned off, according to documents Boeing has shared with airlines and the FAA."

American jets have a feature that prevents it happening. A button that costs $80,000.

Surviving your flight is an optional extra now.

Nuclear weapons are really pretty simple, its just that both the theory and engineering weren't developed yet. The F35 would be a fucking UFO to the 1940's that could do shit they didn't think was possible, no scatch that, do shit that they didn't even know existed.

>literally incapable of understanding historical perspective

Even if the class action lawsuit doesn't go anywhere, the aircraft are already grounded, and have so been for a long time now. That's a fuckton of cost and trouble for Boeing's customers, and that in a business where many companies are struggling just to survive. That's going to be a bit of a bother for the sales department in the future, and accordingly Boeing has already slashed production rate by almost 20%, meaning a monthly drop in revenue by 750 000 000 USD or so. With all the lost jobs, hits to subcontractors and so on this is projected to make a small but noticeable dent in the GDP of the entire US.

Though as the system was created in the first place to make it so that pilot wouldn't need any new training to fly the Max 8 after Boeing failed to get the plane balanced like older models, saying that it was all safe and fine if only the pilots had known what to do...

For some extra delicious irony, Boeing had this image of the plane that the pilot got to fly like he wanted it, as opposed to the overly-automated Airbus that could do whatever the hell they wanted. And now we stand here with an Airbus having been intentionally flown into the ground by its pilot, and two Boeing having flown themselves into the ground because the pilots hadn't been taught the Cancel Kamikaze Dive Procedure.

To be fair, the perception of Airbus being overly-automated comes from a similar incident a few decades ago when an Air France A330 went down off the coast of Brazil. A pitot tube iced over and was feeding faulty airspeed data, which caused the autopilot's state to change, leading to a change in control sensitivity. The pilots were unaware of this change and over-corrected, eventually losing control and stalling out.

Pretty easy to brag about zero deaths when you make zero planes.

> Less then ten years is now "a few decades"
Get lost you pathetic Airbus shill

My bad, didn't realize it was only 2009.

Inflation

Also youtube.com/watch?v=-kHa3WNerjU

>It's more of an issue with Boeing not properly informing pilots on the MCAS and how it worked, leading to disorientation and confusion when the plane was doing something on its own.
It's not Boeing's fault if the Airline companies don't train their pilots how to deal with a AoA sensor error.

>>ameritards install buggy sw to compensate
tell me what software error a Angle of Attack sensor failure is?

>saying that it was all safe and fine if only the pilots had known what to do...
All they had to do was disable the auto trim and trim the plane manually

What bullshit source did you get that from?

>a design problem that causes the jet to dive itself into the fucking ground.
Oh no! If only we had some kind of human override, like some kind of plane-conductor and a steering-wheel-like device that could take manual control of the plane when the computer encounters an error.
Unfortunately, as we all know planes are all fully autonomous and the people in the uniforms that sit in front are just there to give ATC someone to talk to.
>Or maybe shit-tier airlines told their pilots to "just fly it like a 727" and it bit them in the ass.