Found this on the sheath of a bayonet I picked up for my CZ858 anyone got any ideas on what it means...

Found this on the sheath of a bayonet I picked up for my CZ858 anyone got any ideas on what it means? I've tried google translate.

Attached: 20190508_134056.jpg (4032x1100, 2.44M)

Attached: 20190508_133933.jpg (4032x3024, 3.72M)

Attached: 20190508_133940.jpg (4032x3024, 3.66M)

bump

bump

Podzim translates to Autumn.
zlatý translates to gold, more specificaly golden.

I'm having a hard time seeing the smaller text under civil, mind transcribing it?

Not to thread hijack but I've got some stuff from the balkin wars that I don't know about.

Attached: 20190206_133312.jpg (4032x3024, 3.79M)

I think it's "Kdo zadil pochopil. Kdo nepochopil podepsal."

I'm getting "who ? Choked", "who understands", but my Czech is worse than my German.

It’s just a bunch of derogatory terms for black people

Zadil could be Zudil. And Podepsal could be be Pedepsal. It's really faded and almost seems like it was written in pencil.

My Czech is really rusty so bear with me, but I know "kdo pochopil" translate to something along the lines of "who knows," while "nepochopil" means more like "doesn't understand" and "podepsal" translates directly to signed.
So right now I'm getting something like "golden civilian, who understands, who doesn't understand, signed"

Seems to be some sort of slogan, but my written Czech is on a pre-school level of sounding it out, and my spoken Czech is pretty garbage at this point.

That's more than Google has given me.

Could be "zabil", meaning "killed".

Alright OP, I sent a text to some family and here's what they're telling me
"Golden Civilian (amazing freedom)
Who lived it-understood
Who didn't - signed"
Seems like an anti-communist message, especially considering the Velvet Revolution was in November and the other word on it is autumn, and according to my mother people were asked to "willingly" sign into the communist party.

So Golden Civilian means Amazing Freedom in this context?

Makes sense, thought 'ž' in zažil is hard to see.

That or it implies amazing freedom for the era, either way the general message seems to be that "you're free citizens now" instead of living under the party.

That's the coolest thing. What a piece of history.

Thinking about it, I think I understand it.
"Zlatý civil" - it doesn't connect to anticommunist part. It means something like "IT was better living civilian life". Yea, it sounds like bullshit, but it is hard to translate it into english.

Also, I have no idea what the calendar looking thing is since there's no significant event that really happen on the 8th so it could be anything, C-93 could also mean almost anything but it is interesting to note that Czechoslovakia officially split up in 1994 (4 years after the Velvet Revolution), but I don't think it's about that since Czechs didn't feel any real bad blood with the Slovaks and Podepsal is definitely Czech, not Slovak.

But Czech had conscription so no one really signed up for being in the military, at least not around the time they still would have been using VZ-58's.

So it could have a different meaning?

True, but I assume that this stuff was in Yuguslavia and foreign missions could have been voluntary.

It definitely could, I'm not claiming I'm a complete expert, just someone from a Czech family who happens to know a little Czech and some Czech history. Honestly, we really would never know the real meaning unless the guy who wrote on the bayonet himself showed up in the thread, we're just coming up with logical interpretations based on the information we have.

Very well could be, hell, for all I know it might have even been in Afghanistan since I know a few Czechs with VZ's were deployed there in the 2000's and conscription was abolished in 2004.

Attached: 1324243214132.jpg (600x410, 69K)

My bet on peace troops in Yugo (1992-2010). Friend had uncle serving there... It was a mess.

Dang. I was hoping for a concrete answer. But I guess not even knowing where this was for the last 20 years makes that pretty well impossible.

I can translate
Is says!
“OP, learn how to focus your camera.”

Got any good stories to share user?

That's pretty much all surplus user, unless you got something very rare that was only used in one very specific event, or something like a K31 soldiers tag and manage to get a friendly letter to the guy who it was issued to; it's all just patchwork and guess work.
But that's half the fun in my opinion.

Attached: This is fine.gif (592x570, 386K)

At least the parts that matter are in focus.

Well, you gonna have to excuse me for my english then.
Friends uncle was there, at peace talks. They had to make sure that those freaks wont kill each other. Serbs and Croatians it was, I think. Well, one day, their officers decided to have a break for cigarette. Behind table, they were enemies yellin' at each other, but outside they found out that they've been in same school as a kids, old friends. They had a good laught And then they returned to the table to continue in arguing.

> I have no idea what the calendar looking thing is
Short timers calendar. Marking off the last few days of his term of service.

The first word is "sinovi", which means "sons of", but i can't make out the second word, try transcribing it.