Overrated weapons

overrated weapons thread

Attached: 8b1414a42805b854c4f8d51c4227c56f.jpg (500x659, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc
youtube.com/watch?v=PTbhJ-zXf0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>overrated weapons
The most recent weapons list for the United Press International, a news organisation in London, has a listing for two Russian-made F-300 aircraft, listed as M-30 and M-61. The F-300 is a derivative of the Sukhoi T-50. The list also says that the aircraft's fuselage was fitted with an integrated navigation system. None of these facts have been proved, but the F-300 is certainly the highest-priced weapon on the list.

The US army also lists the F-35J Joint Strike Fighter as the next-generation ground attack aircraft, under an older configuration with a similar radar.

"The United States and India have agreed at the conclusion of this visit this January to continue exploring ways of further exploring the Joint Strike Fighter and to engage in more formal, cooperative cooperation," the Indian foreign secretary said on Thursday.

Attached: overrated weapons.png (548x476, 51K)

Based and skynetpilled

im sorry desu I just started this thread for more info on how katanas are overrated, I hear it a lot on here but I googled it and cant find anything online all katana articles are weebtrash

Katanas are an example of garbage materials being made useful. There exquisitely crafted but there not gonna cut a car in half no matter how much mall ninjas jizz on them. Japanese iron comes from iron sands and such which is trash so it's blended with carbon and folded a kabillion times through the magic of multiplication and autism. There's no real proof a samurai could have taken on say, a medieval knight of the same period.

fascinating, I didnt know about the iron sands stuff, but yeah definitely Jap craftsmanship is great. but I mean in a fighting way, someone was posting the other day that rapiers and their associated fighting style was much more effective but I cant verify that

See, your own post is proof that katanas are not overrated. Right now we are in a massive HEMA boom, and everybody screeches about how worthless katanas are. You are an example of this, as you are new to swords, admit that you hear a lot about it on here, and use the word "weebtrash."

I was into HEMA when it was first growing, now it's full of childish, elitist faggots who are drawn in by the easily acquired information and sense of superiority. Nothing more overrated right now than the longsword, messer, and kriegsmesser.

Correct, but there's also no proof to the current myth of "omg a knight would so wreck samurai and all their weapons with his epic armor and longsword."

Yes, rapiers and the associated style would likely beat kenjutsu in most cases. The rapier is essentially the most evolved dueling sword ever made, and beats basically everything assuming there aren't shields or armor. You're clearly not brainwashed yet and are willing to learn, so don't fall into the bandwagon going on right now. Look at information objectively and see how even a lot of things between jap and euro stuff end up being. Currently I'm forced to feel like a contrarian for actually using japanese weapons instead of HEMA stuff.

thanks that is some good info, never heard of hema until now im abt to google

Attached: DA071096-5367-4409-80C0-F1909F9A34EB.png (1530x958, 1.39M)

The usefulness of Jap swords is based primarily in context.
Iron sands is a thing but the entire island is also a heavily forested mountain. If you needed to leave the road you also had to ditch the horses, and if you planned to travel far enough with no roads then you ditched your armor or switched to lighter gear because ounces to pounds and all that jazz.

Knight vs Samurai is also dumb btw.

Attached: forest-shrine-in-takamori-machi-kumamoto-japan-hotarubi-no-mori-es-real-location-8.jpg (800x533, 110K)

Wut?

Overrated in the idea they are light sabers that cut through steel yes.

Overratted in the sense that they are a bad sword, not really.

Ummm, how many world wars has your plastic gun won, sweaty??

Attached: 42e3ce018d43be114484befa5c338ffba2a6e5d2_128.gif (128x128, 764K)

Sword and buckler are the god tier weapons combo.

>Not using a mace and buckler.

A fully armored knight would suffer no damage from a sword meant for slashing. There's a reason they stopped using them in combat

Same reason they stopped using armour too. Shit slows you down

Defeated by half naked man throwing rocks

Attached: 19230BC8-3253-430E-849C-41EB21731228.jpg (350x475, 29K)

Most swords were terrible for a fully armored knight.

They never stopped using swords meant for slashing for as long as the sword was a practical weapon, not in Europe, not anywhere

Katanas were made to counter something. Saying that it can't defeat what it wasn't made to counter makes it over rated is retarded.

It's not over rated but its not godly either. It's just a sword.

youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc
No, it doesn’t, a full set plate armor ways no more than a traditional set of samurai armor and less than a lot of modern soldiers armor today.
With out the extra binding rings and overlapping plate it actually weighs less than a set of cataphract armor.
Reason armors being retires it’s really the advancement of firearm technology, even so autistic frogs used them in actually combat til ww1

Attached: 3F64B2AE-3911-4850-B72C-D953789EA984.jpg (285x400, 30K)

Im not into swords and medieval stuff, so completely bluepilled, wouldn't the jap have better movement speed?

A full set of Japanese armor weighs roughly the same as a full set of plate armor

asthethic as fuck though.

True mate

Attached: 30F84DB4-48E1-4DE9-B776-C469BE9C198F.jpg (427x640, 55K)

OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

Hey boomer why is North Korea and Vietnam still communist?

Because the army replaced the good ol M14s and Garands in muh thurrdyaugsix for plastic guns with a tiny bullet that jammed all the time.

Literally just a worse FAL

Attached: piece of shit.jpg (640x195, 32K)

sauce?

>M1911 winning world wars
That would be the Webley ant the TT-30, sweetie

Attached: Mosin-Nagant.jpg (300x334, 23K)

In all honesty the samurai would more than likely just take a fucking bow to that fight. Speaking of which jap bows vs european bows is a much more interesting subject

Just to add to this but the reason that the Japanese used Iron Sand was because it was cheap. Instead of a costly and dangerous mining operation you could go down to the local river, set up some sluice boxes, and have all the ore you need in a week.

>Knight vs Samurai is also dumb btw.
This. By the end of the Sengoku civil war the Samurai were running around with guns and Europe is so big that even Knights from the same era could have wildly different equipment.

Not only are you wrong but retarded as well.

Attached: 1553715416443.jpg (549x721, 73K)

Running? Not really. Climbing? yes. In theory Japanese armor also allowed better dodging. In practice, Samurai and Knights were both trained to deal with armor so they were about as fast as each other with the European edging out due to greater average height.

Just look at any of the battles the samurai had with the Portuguese. They primarily used rapier and dagger and fucking annihilated the Japanese. Turns out a more maneuverable weapon made of better material with better reach that leaves a hand open to parry and counterattack tends to be a better option.

Sig Sauer. The P320 in particular.

>Americans
>winning anything outside of the home continent, ever
>shifting every goalpost just to save face

every modern SIG really

Rent free

>inb4 we won muh Vietnam and muh Korea
Goalpost moving in Vietnam, UN mission in Korea that still failed.
WWI in Europe was a Franco-Anglo effort, the US was not involved significantly anywhere else
WWII in Europe, allied side was carried by the Soviets; in the Pacific theater, the USA couldn't manage to be the leading reason for Japan to surrender, and Britain, India, Australia, and all the combined self-defense movements of the Japan-occupied nations are the unsung heroes overshadowed by America's "we dropped two atom bombs to show off, even after being notified the other side wants to negotiate a surrender" dick waving
The 1911 never won shit and is a very poor, heavy, and STILL unreliable boomer meme

>Brings up the 1911 as a knee-jerk reaction to any new handgun
>"y-you're keeping me in your head rent free"
Here's your (you)

I agree, a glock 17 is a better gun to have in a firefight

They primarily used guns and cannons. Not that there were many battles between the Portuguese and samurai.

The 1911 is shit but we also stay in your head rent free. You're jealous of Americans and it shows.

and how does protection compare?

are you suggesting that replacing the garand was a bad thing?

>UK/India/Aus/whatever were more responsible for the eventual defeat of the Japan than the US
7/10. Almost got me there.

Not him, but fuck off. You are either a basedboy or a female that will never understand that we man have interest in things that go beyond make up and looking good so other people can be envy.

Attached: IMG_20190502_165656_525.jpg (1065x1280, 161K)

The katana/longsword pendulum has swung all the way to the longsword extreme. I can't wait for it to swing back the other way and for people to start jizzing all over katanas again.

Neither of those wars were fought to actually win. Vietnam was full autism with the incursions n sheit and traitors in Washington didn't let McArthur fight like he wanted.

>Only if going up against someone who's armored.

Mace doesn't have the reach or ease of carry of a sword.

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRLLLLLD

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS

Alex Zedra

Depends on which samurai armor you are talking about. if it's ordered from abroad, which really wealthy samurais would have, it would have similar protection than the knights armor.

But I would say japanese made would be bit worse in some parts. I saw this this really nice lecture on japanese armors on youtube, it was part of lectures some museum had done and it was really indepth look at them.

Attached: 1537913132333.jpg (1920x1440, 357K)

Wait, that's not an F-35, my bad

have another one

Attached: 1423612934298-0.jpg (2353x1266, 2.36M)

>They primarily used guns and cannons. Not that there were many battles between the Portuguese and samurai.

I think he meant duels and those did happen so often that japanese authorities had to ban them. That's how we know they happened as the decision was found in japanese archives.

Mostly equivalent. The Samurai armor has more weakpoints but more ventilation and mobility.

Knightly fullplate covers more but it's harder to see out of.

It's a good plane but way too many people suck it's dick online.

Attached: F-15,_71st_Fighter_Squadron,_in_flight.jpg (2850x1663, 363K)

Are you having a laugh?

A few points to that. Having foreign sailors disarm was not unusual. The Japanese had to put away their arms at many ports in East Asia.

Second while the law is definitely real we dont have any publicly available accounts of duels at the moment, though there are stories like this one.

That said, I do think a rapier offers certain advantages in a dueling situation.

Attached: 9sailors.png (582x490, 41K)

What the hell are you talking about? I was merely ridiculing the fact that he shits on HEMA every time swords are mentioned in any form. Liking Japanese things is perfectly fine.

The only good thing martial arts wise to come from japan was jiu jitsu, and even then the brazilian method is superior.

Found the incel

there are better options out there now but glockfags still cling to their outdated paperweight.

Attached: Glock17.jpg (1000x664, 323K)

Except swords meant for slashing never stopped being used and remained popular

>and even then the brazilian method is superior.
kek
youtube.com/watch?v=PTbhJ-zXf0I

Weebs were out of touch with reality and made the katana out to be something magical, now the dumbass pendulum has gone in the other direction and Westaboos who are out of touch with reality make the katana out to be garbage.
>Japan is the best because muh folded steel
has become
>Japan is the worst because muh folded steel
because this is more of an uninformed pissing contest than an actual debate. The reality is that everyone folded their steel, forge welding never really went away as long as swords/polearms were actually relevant and even when Yurop moved to bloomery steel they folded it to disperse impurities.
>Muh sand ore
is often interpreted to mean that Japan had low quality steel as a result but that's not true, they could and did make very high quality steel.
>Muh knights
Could be an interesting comparison but it needs heavy specification and everyone always goes to
>the samurai smacks the plate with his katana like he's never seen armor before so BTFO
because apparently everyone who thinks the katana is shit also thinks that the Japanese were slicing through lamellar armor and eventually mail with them.

Japanese swordsman were certainly respected by their 19th century European counterparts, there are newspaper clips about duels, matches and exhibition that prove it.

And captured German pistols were still considered magical items compared to that thing. It seems to be an American tradition
>pay the Germans license fees for a bolt action design used to shoot at the Germans
>Mauser pistols become trophy guns
>'Nam veterans would cast their M's away in favor of AK's

Pistols don't win wars.

A good club is never a bad thing.

Or a spear

>in the Pacific theater, the USA couldn't manage to be the leading reason for Japan to surrender

So doing the vast majority of the heavy lifting to send most of the mighty IJN to the bottom of the ocean and providing its allies in the theater with boatloads of supplies and equipment doesn't count?

>That's where you're wrong, bucko.

Attached: 8126078-3x2-700x467.jpg (700x467, 47K)

Eat a bucket of shit.

Any and all AR-15s. They’re all in a piss poor caliber and are only shilled because muh American made

Attached: 8FF3FC91-5FB5-492E-B3AE-76FCD266CB24.jpg (1350x700, 62K)

And the bolt carrier design and the buffer tube... Only gun I've seen have its bolt carrier break

I invite you to go stand 300 meters away and allow me to shoot you in the chest with my piss-poor caliber rifle. Afterwards should you survive, we can reconvene and discuss the round's merits over some morphine and a blood transfusion.

Attached: p-51-361.jpg (1486x1013, 143K)

I always thought the katana was special for the tsuchioki process that makes the cutting edge hard and brittle but leaves the rest of the blade in a more maluable state. The end result being a sword that stays sharper longer without being prone to cracking or breaking.

Yeah, samurai are a little overrated.

Sorry Ivan, your kalashnikovs are good but they will never beat the armalight-rifle

Attached: 1555067693393.jpg (795x608, 104K)

ar 15 is the iPhone of guns

I...is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I don't remember AR15s having proprietary shit.

>Not using break cleaner and an HDMI cord

W E W
E
W

What retarded comment is this?

>300 metres away
Try 1km since that’s as close as any fighting really got in Afghanistan. Anything below 7.62x51 is subhuman.

Attached: F9B1BACF-8F32-4D25-9465-26845E26F313.jpg (1280x710, 85K)

That's the glock.

Why would you even use a japanese weapon in historical EUROPEAN martial arts

>katana
>glock
>ar15

there is this whole thread in one post.