F-35A now less than 80 million

defenseone.com/business/2019/05/price-drop-lockheed-pitches-80m-f-35a-pentagon/1

Attached: DIjRSiDXkAA7QkD.jpg (1199x800, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defensenews.com/air/2019/05/08/us-canada-talks-underway-to-decide-if-the-f-35-will-be-pulled-from-canadas-fighter-competition/
f35.com/global/participation/turkey-industrial-participation
defensenews.com/industry/2019/04/22/turkeys-fiscal-state-threatens-to-impact-defense-imports-and-programs
youtu.be/MQdNOTCMzoU
subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/lockheed-martin
defence-blog.com/news/u-s-air-force-selects-sierra-nevada-corp-to-build-next-light-attack-aircraft.html
ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/canada-changes-fighter-jet-rules-to-allow-f-35-bid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this will become the greatest jet in american HISTORY
god bless donald trump! we love you!

kike
nice jet though

lmao

defensenews.com/air/2019/05/08/us-canada-talks-underway-to-decide-if-the-f-35-will-be-pulled-from-canadas-fighter-competition/
>The U.S. is threatening to pull the F-35 from Canada’s fighter jet competition if the ally to the north doesn’t change requirements for the winning bidder to stipulate specific industrial benefits for domestic firms.

>Canada has pre-qualified four aircraft for its fighter jet project worth up to 19 billion Canadian dollars (U.S. $14 billion)
>The Canadian government plans to purchase 88 new jets to replace its aging CF-18 fighter aircraft fleet.
So 14 Billion for 88 jets runs to about 160 million each, and that is with partner special discount!

nice blimps though. I hope they don't crash ;)

Nigger please, states give huge tax breaks to Lockheed and subcontractors on top of the federal "funding" aka subsidies for any weapons contract. Lockheed is basically giving the government money back to the government and saying look we cut costs.

The vast majority of taxes collected on corporate revenue are taken through income taxes on employees as opposed to taxes on company profits. A number of companies pay $0 in taxes annually, without any special deals with state and federal revenue services, due to the reinvestment of excess revenue into a business instead of allowing it to generate taxable profit. You're more or less right on the subsidies part, but having a shit ton of cash has allowed the American defense industry to remain competitive with a number of foreign defense contractors who are often even more heavily subsidized.

That makes it cheaper than a Eurofighter and on par with the Rafale. Considering the vastly increased capability over those other platforms, that's really impressive. Huge production runs tend to drive prices down, it would seem.

At those prices, Russia could actually afford to field more than 12 5 gen fighters.

>UP TO X amount
>This means that we HAVE to spend X amount
nice omegabrain

Yeah, Turkey is about to be kicked out of the F35 program cz of the S400 and Canada is about to face the same, last I heard...if that happens, that's a lot of F35 not built....but you say it's individual cost is getting lower.

That's some next level economics, dude...or someone coughcoughLockheedcoughcough is lying...

>Over 2000 airframes for the US alone
>Lose less than 10% of that from both nations combined if they end up ordering none

OH NO

>Over 2000 airframes for the US alone

Lel, I heard the bedtime story of 2443 Fail-35s for the US alone...wake me up when it becomes a reality...

wake me up when both nations order none and you learn to quote posts properly, hypermongo

I mean, the funding and planning is there for multiple thousand F-35s so long as the program continues. I don’t really see much reason to believe that they won’t be buying that many.

>project cost
>this means each airframe will cost x/y

They can't kick Turkey out, because the're dependent on parts being made there.

What parts are being made there

f35.com/global/participation/turkey-industrial-participation

Fuselage I think? I can't be bothered to dig it up right now. Point is, the US is dependent on Turkey with the F-35.

I think you're mixing up "we need those parts from you" with "we're allowing you to make those parts"

President Donald J. Trump is my hero

Not really, though. Certain subsystems were given to Turkish manufacturers as part of a technology-sharing agreement, but it’s not as if they can’t be built in the US, especially considering they were likely designed by Lockheed. Congress is already working on a bill to completely ban Turkey from F-35 exports, so no one seems to be too worried about losing their participation.

It's not like Turkey is the only country capable of making that stuff. Kicking them out would be expensive but that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Those statements aren't exclusive.

>It's not like Turkey is the only country capable of making that stuff.
Yeah this is obvious. I'm not sure why Turkey was even given industrial participation in the first place.

And the F-35 is not the first project where Turkey is for some unfathomable reason allowed to sit at the big boys table.

No but saying Turkey CAN'T be kicked out because they make x parts is bullshit exactly because of that.

They COULD be, it would just mean a delay in starting up a production line for those parts in the US.

>for some unfathomable reason
To keep the Russians in check. It's the only reason Turkey's allowed in NATO in the first place.

The Turks have been spending a lot of effort and political capital over the past few years in an attempt to get technology sharing agreements to bolster their domestic defense industry. That’s part of the reason they went with the S-400, starting this whole mess to begin with. Russia was willing to give them access to technical data that the US wouldn’t on Patriot systems.

It's not that easy. The US is already having trouble maintaining the F-35, they need Turkish production capability. Of course, they could kick them out and start up production elsewhere, but the question is whether they can afford it.

Turkey is banking on the US being dependent on them, which is why the're trying to play hardball with the purchase of S-400 and whatnot.

>they need Turkish production capability.
lol

It’s more an issue of the costs and time associated with starting up that capability in the US. However, I’m not certain if any of those components were only produced in Turkey. They may well be able to simply increase the output of existing production subcontractors.

>wake me up when both nations order none and you learn to quote posts properly, hypermongo

I took a giant shit in your honour.

>simply increase the output of existing production subcontractors
>simply
Production lines have their capacity, your "simply" might mean the need to open an entire new production line.

>To keep the Russians in check. It's the only reason Turkey's allowed in NATO in the first place.
So NATO can't tell the Turks no? NATO has to fold to Turkey's whims?

I know this, Turkey's delusions are well known, but it doesn't explain why NATO let's them sit at the big boys table. Unlike some people here I actually read scholarly documents and try to keep an eye on the defence industry and it's ongoing projects. It's absolutely laughable and inexcusable that Turkey with it's shit tier companies (who btw plagiarize even more brazenly than China but that's another subject) sits at the same table of NATO industrial projects with top tier companies, some of which are literally in a league of their own.

If Turks demand to participate in a given project, NATO could and should simply say no on the grounds that Turkey simply has nothing to contribute, which is the truth anyway. Their industry is a joke compared to other big NATO countries and everything Turkey could contribute, the other countries can do better.

What a fucking joke.

btw defensenews.com/industry/2019/04/22/turkeys-fiscal-state-threatens-to-impact-defense-imports-and-programs

>So NATO can't tell the Turks no? NATO has to fold to Turkey's whims?
Kinda, yeah. That's why the roaches are getting so uppity. They know NATO needs them.

>Kinda, yeah.
No. Just no.

NATO is in a position of strength, not Turkey. All you need to is tell them to STFU or else.

As for Russia, give me a break man. It's not the 1950s anymore. Russia isn't the Soviet Union at or near it's peak and they can easily be destroyed if need be.

With the IP theft stuff, it’s less of a concern compared to China due to the fact that Turkey will never be a global power. Turkey copying American helicopter blades is seen as less of a potential threat than China getting a hold of them. I suspect their propensity for stealing tech is part of the impetus for blocking the sale beyond just the S-400 acquisition, though.

>That's why the roaches are getting so uppity
One more thing, the reason roaches are getting so uppity is because that's just how kebabs are. Anyone who has ever bene around kebabs knows that their entire MO revolves around taking advantage of, or trying to take advantage of a given situation. All the time. Every day.

Kebabs are as uppity and insolent as they are.......because one let's them.

>I suspect their propensity for stealing tech is part of the impetus for blocking the sale beyond just the S-400 acquisition, though.
No it isn't as that goes way back, long before the S-400 thing.

>With the IP theft stuff, it’s less of a concern compared to China due to the fact that Turkey will never be a global power.
That doesn't make it right even less so given that Turkey is supposedly on our team.

>All you need to is tell them to STFU or else.
Oh shit, I didn't know we had a diplomat on Jow Forums. Who knew geopolitics were so easy!

>Who knew geopolitics were so easy!
Geopolitics actually are quite easy provided you're in a position of strength (which we are) and willing to use it (this is what we lack).

Trump for all the criticism understands this concept better than most recent presidents.

That’s the thing, though. Political capital is a finite resource. If you sting arm people too many times, you become an international pariah like Russia.

*strong arm

quite convenient, just weeks before the F-35 gets evaluated by the swiss air force this drops in

I mean, its not like this havent been predicted and planned for as part of the whole LRIP-wadoodle from day one or anything

Nigger you have no idea what you're talking about. Taxes are applied on profits, revenue less costs. Investments are a captial expenditure, which is not listed on the income statement as a cost in full but depreciated over the lifetime of the assets. Some taxless companies use deferred tax assets, some (like Amazon) use special tax incentives. But it you are not profitable after depreciation - which is a cost - you're not profitable at all.

The reason why American defense companies are competitive is because of an enormous network of both public and private institutions funded by vast sums of government money to keep America's technological edge. Defense companies are enormously subsidied - the government pays them even if their products fail - but this is just listed as a DoD R&D expense. You can look it up - every loser and winner in the JSF program got hundreds of millions.

Also income and corporate taxes are very different things with very different purposes.

400 are already procured. How many J-21s and Su-57s are there, again?

Rather than produce these expensive pieces of excrement, why not produce like a dozen A-10's and field them with enlisted pilots?

I just saved your money and time with such a simple idea.

Attached: Chuck Yeager.jpg (1400x1752, 475K)

t. Pierre

Attached: 1571D2E8-DBFD-48E7-B682-B139847549C9.png (1236x888, 288K)

What the heck is a J-21?

J-20 and J-31 m8.

>but it doesn't explain why NATO let's them sit at the big boys table. Unlike some people here I actually read scholarly documents
If you did you would know why turkey sits at the big boy table.

This link doesn't go anywhere to an article.

At least it doesn't work for me.

Because the A10 is a piece of shit that would get massacred in open warfare against anything more advanced than the bottom end of the 3rd world.

Not him, but none of those things apply to the flyaway cost of an aircraft. The original post here is 100% full of shit.

Not when you're the west and dominate the global economy and culture and well everything really and even less so when your tackling someone like Turkey who's hated by everyone of relevance.

Then go ahead and tell me. The Bosporus meme?

Holy fuck you’re retarded

>if i call things a meme i dont like its irrelevant
Thats part of it, yes.

It’s not really a meme. It’s a major bottleneck on Russia’s ability to operate naval assets in the Mediterranean and beyond.

>The price of the F35 drops by 10%
Great!
>The value of the Norwegian krone drops by 10%
Fuck it's still the same price.

>The F-35 cant keep winning like this! Its just not fair!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1494786811477.jpg (346x450, 22K)

Fun fact: Norway just conducted its first live fire of its AIM-120 recently.
>youtu.be/MQdNOTCMzoU

Also Kongsberg just inked a deal with Japan and is beginning its initial deliveries of the JSM for their F-35s.
Norchads are putting in work right now.

>than the bottom end of the 3rd world
Which, according to Jow Forums, is everything in every country that isn't the US.

Feels good to have been right about the F-35 the whole fucking time. Eat shit to every anti on Jow Forums since I got here in '06. Thrust vectoring and sensor fusion own the sky.
This post made by JSF Gang.

Attached: 1532925491042.jpg (1008x709, 71K)

But user, the F-35 doesn't have thrust vectoring

THE ENTIRE ASS TURNS NINETY FUCKING DEGREES.

If you're referring to the B, the nozzle stays fixed while in flight when its not taking off or landing.

>>one video with no frame of reference completely vindicates your view
Nigger
I've been right the entire time
I'm right now
I was right at Red Flag 17
I was right when the LRIP-12 costs were revealed
I was right when Japan foreign deliveries began
I was right when the F-35A was finalized
I was right when the X-32 lost the competition

And I'm going to continue to be right for the remainder of the F-35's century-defining service life.

Is this the reverse Afghanistan soon?
>US spends 150 million for 1 airplane to fly 10 runs
>Iran spends 2 million per missile and needs 10 to shoot down one F-35

Attached: 1555957292897.gif (270x180, 2.5M)

Yes, they do. The US government literally paid billions to subsidize the R&D of the F35, which is already one major cost paid by the government. It's literally publicly available knowledge, how do you not know this?

BASED

And here's a list of some of the subsidies they get, not even including sub contractors
subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/lockheed-martin

21ST
CENTURY
F-16

F15X, F22, F35, A10, and A29 dominating the skies

what a time

defence-blog.com/news/u-s-air-force-selects-sierra-nevada-corp-to-build-next-light-attack-aircraft.html

Attached: F15.jpg (1440x811, 144K)

ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/canada-changes-fighter-jet-rules-to-allow-f-35-bid

Your article is already obsolete.

I think he's questioning the current value of the Bosporus in light of Russia's imminent demographic (and therefore economic and military) collapse.

I still see the straits as important, but they're not the get-out-of-jail-free card that they were in the Cold War. If Erdogan wants to turn Turkey into Venezuela, the US has fewer reasons to make excuses for him.