Upcoming purchases thread

Have anons justify your future purchases here. Was looking at buying an aluminum frame Walther P38 for $500. Is this a good price? Does it shoot well? Anything I should know?

Attached: 600px-Lupin_movie_pistol_1_4.jpg (600x338, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=SH2114&name=Hanwei Folded Steel Zatoichi Sword
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>CMP Garand
>They’ll never be cheaper than they are now.

I've been tempted for so long now

That's not a bad price for a P38 or P1 lately. The most durable versions have the reinforcement bolt in the frame and thicker slide around the ejection port. You can spot the heavier slide by looking at the cocking serrations around the safety - the original design only has serrations behind the safety lever. The heavier slide will have them on both sides of the safety lever. The fat slides were introduced in 1967, the frame bolts were introduced in 1975.

Attached: IMG_7538.jpg (4032x3024, 2.69M)

Im done buying shit other than ammo

Where's the katana?

Waiting for brownells retro ARs to become available in leafland because nothing else on the market that I don't already have interests me

Another Lupin fan I see

Unfortunately though this one was made in the 1950s so it wont have any of those improvements.

Hadn't found a suitable representative yet.

Here is a photo of the P1 and P38 for comparison. My P1 has the fat slide and frame bolt.

Attached: IMG_7607.jpg (3072x2304, 1000K)

Just started my first job making $9/hour. Saving for an Arsenal SLR 106 because I LOVE 5.56 AKs.

What kind of grips are those on the P38. Bakelite or the "brown" grips that seem to be sold on ebay/GB. Got a link to where I can buy some?

Next purchase is gonna be this or a Fulton Armory Tanker Garand
(and it's probably gonna be the big iron)
I want to carry a .357, and I want a Garand without any differed maintenance.

Attached: DSC00939-1.jpg (900x600, 433K)

I have a Manurhin MR96 still waiting on export from Germany. I'm on the lookout for a Mexican Rurales Pieper Revolver Carbine as well as a Mexican contract FN 1922. I need to buy more modern guns to round out my collection, I've bought nothing but milsurp for the past several months with the exception of my Manurhin MR88.

Attached: 04.jpg (800x1056, 132K)

>type 46 on the way
Next is a 7mm rolling block or a nagant revolver. Maybe a steyr Hahn if I can get lucky

Don't know why i didn't write what I was going to say. Where do you plan on getting that specific of a peiper? Im not even sure I've seen one for sale ever. Godspeed

>Where do you plan on getting that specific of a peiper? Im not even sure I've seen one for sale ever.
Hounding live auctions, they pop up from time. A lot have seemingly hit the market recently.

Interesting. I doubt they'd be newly imported. Peipers don't get much attention in the surp game. How are the prices?

>How are the prices?
The carbines are $1500 - $2000 and the M1893 revolvers are $2000 - $8000. I'm just hoping I find some tard with an improperly identified revolver and snag it for cheap.

They are original bakelite grips. My P1 has been wearing some walnut grips as they are much comfier than the rather flat checkered plastic.

Attached: IMG_2135.jpg (4272x2848, 3.28M)

I am planning to call up Savage special order shop and have them build me a left handed B22 FV-SR. Hopefully in stainless if they can but that's probably asking too much. I called the other day and they said the lady that does custom orders was on vacation and I would have to call back another time.

Attached: Savage B22 FV-SR.png (900x210, 111K)

technically my next purchase will be a .22 AR but thats a build so i cant really post a picture. so my next full gun will be a RIA 10mm 1911

Attached: wm_7599550.jpg (1600x1200, 216K)

Attached: index.jpg (284x177, 4K)

I decided recently to put together a 10/22 using Brownell's bull-barreled receiver and Magpul Hunter stock, pretty much will be like the screenshot from Gunstruction. It made no sense to me; all of sudden just seeing it all together made me want one so badly. I hadn't particularly wanted a 10/22 before but this build just looked so good to me for some reason.

Attached: MagBULL 10-22.png (1530x858, 427K)

Good for you.

>Don't own any bolt-actions
>Don't own a .22
>Want something made in Canada
Saving up for a Savage B22 FV-SR

Look at Uncle Pennybags here

NAA .22mag because I have a meme going with some boys

Trying to decide on what red dot to go with now. Stuck between the Trijicon RX06 and Holosun HS512C

$500 is a decent price.

I've shot one before. Except for the horrendous DA trigger, the P-38 is fun to shoot, suitably accurate, & was 100% reliable w/ the ~80rds that I shoot through it.

There's nothing particularly that I can think of that you should know.

Just bought a gen1 vector SBR, gonna gussy it up for a while.

Still got my eyeknobs open for a good deal on a tp9, mdr, triple threat, or aug but I really shouldn't be dropping that much dosh in so short a time.

>aug
OP here. Just bought one. Totally worth it

Yeah but I'll be damned if I'm dropping 2 grand on one. Still kicking myself for letting one slip by at 1300 but I was broke from similar shenanigans at the time.

Ive been eyeing this one for a while but haven't had the money. its the closest to zantetsuken Ive seen
kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=SH2114&name=Hanwei Folded Steel Zatoichi Sword

Attached: SH2114_l.jpg (282x940, 48K)

Are the Kimber revolvers any good?

>inb4 user cuts his finger off trying to draw it

I'm gonna buy my first gun, a heritage rough rider. It's on sale new for 130. Seems like a fun gun to learn with and something my mom will be able to shoot for fun too.

Id honestly save up a hundred bucks and buy the new Ruger Wrangler thats coming out soon. The Rough Riders are known to have issues and Heritage is owned by Taurus I think.

Theoretically speaking, if I work my ass off for 3 more months I can buy that sweet XM177E2 clone Brownells make.

>tfw minimum wage living alone eating 1 meal a day to save monies

>tfw making a good living, but eating ramen every day to buy more guns

I intend to buy a shock wave as my first shotgun tell me why not

Its a meme and you can't do anything practical with it on a regular basis

Just checked and those are on sale at the same place for 180 so it's not even that much more. Thank you user

Glad to help. Enjoy