How realistic is the Chernobyl show? It seems pretty great so far

How realistic is the Chernobyl show? It seems pretty great so far.

Attached: p16695117_b_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WgxPs-L-Bhg
youtube.com/watch?v=rUeHPCYtWYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How realistic is the Chernobyl show? It seems pretty great so far.
Oh yeah! We've made every effort to get them, and even though it's a very different medium than any other I've done it feels right at home with this one. So we're really happy to do it.
>What challenges do you face when putting together a show like the Chernobyl show? How are ideas for the show formed?
Well, the show isn't actually done yet, so we've got a few ideas already. We've always known that a TV show has to have an outline of a book and we'll start that with the outline of the book. Then we'll go to a screenwriter to create the concept and then we'll go and do it ourselves, or we'll sit down and write the ideas down. For TV shows there's usually a couple of producers helping out and so that's the beginning of the writing. It's also important that they see the outline first in the script

are you having a stroke?
am I?

Real spooky

Attached: 1557340698364.png (847x870, 732K)

>let me just pick up and hold this piece of reactor core

keked at that part.

>are you having a stroke?
>am I?
So tell me, man! You can't keep a good man down. And I hope you were trying this for me. I guess not. I've got nothing but respect and affection for you. I'm happy to have you at this, too. You just haven't been with me as long. I've grown tired of that. I mean, how much easier could it be if I was there on the outside? Maybe it was like that with you, huh? I don't know, how does that sound, man? When the chips fall where they may, when you've found your calling, when everything is lined up and everything aligned? Can't you even take a hint from someone like that? You're so easy. You're always at every table and I'll bet you've given me that little wink that tells me that you're feeling good. Or, man, you've even gotten me into bed, too. Tell me, man, do you know me? You're not saying, are you? You're saying,

if anything was to be made at significant realism it wouldn't be good for the mass amount of game of thrones sheep hopping onto a new show

This man is clearly delusional, get him out of here!

I think this guy is typing the stuff he's replying to into that Markov chain text AI that someone posted earlier today.

Almost forgot this aired yesterday, thanks for the reminder, gonna torrent it real quick.

Get him to the infirmary.

its all in english, which isnt even at all realistic

check mate OP

>I think this guy is typing the stuff he's replying to into that Markov chain text AI that someone posted earlier today.
Copy-pasting, actually. If you do it like this, then you'll get the first letter of everything. This is the "code" that is being done by this system, you can think of it like a "code" for some of the most complicated operations.
Code that runs on your CPU, which will get copied onto a computer. So that's pretty cool. Now, you need to put these bits of data into some kind of machine, like this thing, to use this computer.
This system in your brain, the Turing Machine, in the brain of AI, it's your mind working at its best - at least within the language you know. This machine needs to have the knowledge of code, and you need to be in some kind of Turing-complete position.
That's what AI is, to find that out.
What we do on our minds is really pretty cool.

I will go and bllaaughhrrr sorry about that *collapses*

>Infohazard

It is haunting and tonally perfect for what it is portraying. I haven't been glued to the screen like I was for this show in a very long time.
youtube.com/watch?v=WgxPs-L-Bhg

cheeki breeki

That scientist is such a cunt

>its all in British, which isnt even at all realistic
FTFY

>tfw no HBO but want to watch
Will have to ask a relative for their info or just find it online to watch at some point.

I heard that dispatch a few days ago. Very eerie stuff. With hindsight we can know how terrible things actually were, but the fire brigade then had little idea what was going on. When they arrived at the plant, they were told Reactor 4 was shut down and had fires, but Reactor 3 was still operating and had fires on the roof. So the fire brigade's priority was to extinguish those fires on the active reactor and then try to extinguish what was happening at Reactor 4. Some of the stuff I've read said the firefighters started to realize how fucked things were when they were noticing that the flames were all sorts of different colors, they were finding chunks of graphite (from the control rods), and then some started feeling the burns associated with acute radiation poisoning. By that time it was already far too late for many of them.

Just torrent it user

am I retardgay for wishing it was in Russian? I'm not even a slavaboo it just seems wrong.

No, you’re not alone. It should have been done in Russian accents or actually Russian with subtitles.

The shilling for this is bad enough on /tv/. It has nothing to do with Jow Forums.

Yeah ok except for Chernobyl being a major geopolitical event during the final era of the Soviet Union, which had to respond using all its military resources, essentially waging a war against the nuclear forces they unleashed.
And since Jow Forums is heavily influenced by both the Cold War, Soviet Union and Chernobyl related media (STALKER?) it has everything to do with this board.

The military was heavily involved in the clean up operation.

The creators said that they wanted people to feel like the characters were understanding each other, and interpret the show through the lens of someone who isn't an outsider.
Because it is in English, you are hearing the dialogue as they heard it, not as an outsider.
Subtleties in dialogue, inflection, and speech are lost when you have to read it on the screen.

It would've been nice, but if they can't find the actors for it what can you do?

I thought I was the retardgay, but alas it is you. you are the retardgay.

i saw nuggets in the trailer

Nope. You're doing mental gymnastics to find a way to shill it on multiple boards despite it being fundamentally unrelated to the board it's on.
See above.
It's you.
OPs post and every post after it has nothing to do with weapons. You're all filthy off-topic circlejerkers. If only your fathers had taught you shame and integrity.

Russia is a massive fucking country with a history of fine filmmaking. there have been countless films and tv series made with literallywho casts from obscure countries. they just wanted to appeal to the lowest common denominator viewer who doesn't like to read captions.

пoкидaит

Attached: D20hS_eXQAEjXUM.jpg (913x1200, 109K)

Don't know or care what you said. This isn't a discussion, fag.

Its easier for a Russian production to find all Russian actors than it is for anyone outside the country. That and this more or less made for English speaking audiences, the intent was to view the event not as an outsider.

Attached: 1470277246277.png (1800x1578, 199K)

>memes will vindicate me from wrongdoing
Stupid zoomer.

>staring down into the burning remains of reactor 4

Attached: 1458608261068.gif (495x284, 1.31M)

>ACTIVELY shitposting
Learn to passive shitpost, child

OOOOH MY GOD WHO CARES? WHO CARES YOU STUPID FUCK? YOU FUCKING LOSER, SHUT THE FUCK UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP YOU STUPID FUCKING PATHETIC LIMP DICK WEASEL. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK. LEAVE THE THREAD YOU STUPID FUCK.

You're delusional. RTRD-type shitposters can't explode.

how many episodes are out?

I think I saw a commercial for it and there were a bunch of politicians talking like they knew way in advance that the meltdown was going to occur, which is just ludicrous

>Be Soviet Army helo pilot
>Spent months in Afghanistan
>Get new orders to report to Ukrainian SSR for some kind of firefighting and monitoring mission
>"Well alright, that's a nice change up. I'm tired of being shot at and weaving between ridges."
>Get there and learn you're flying over an exposed nuclear reactor that's burning
>"I miss the Stingers."

I can deal with authentic language and then reading the subtitles, but the whole speaking English with an accent thing irks me.

Is an adequate explanation. The best way it could be translated for English speakers.

Attached: 1557370928667.jpg (1308x1198, 443K)

But the evil Russians! Communism bro!

Why would Ukrainians be speaking Russian?

The first episode was a really damn good introduction, the atmosphere in some scenes is absolutely fucking god-tier

Attached: Such is life in the zone.jpg (1980x1319, 641K)

I just watched it earlier tonight. I thought it was great. Loved the look of the show and they really nailed the 80s combloc tone. I also like how they don't mess around at all. No five episodes of buildup to the disaster. Just straight out of the gate, boom. Dealing with the immediate aftermath, the politics, the fingerpointing. Great approach imo. Also, hooray for no pointless sex scenes (so far).

Attached: 1539121859508.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Ukraine isn’t real

Ywn penetrate Natasha’s reactor chambers with your control rod while simultaneously being penetrated on a sub cellular level by uranium particles.
Why even live.

They're certainly nailing the invisible death element.
Good casting so far.

>When the HBO mandated sex scene is between radiation sickness victims

Attached: 1557387529183.jpg (687x849, 124K)

The story of the firefighter (Vasil) and his wife is based on a real story, so it's accurate in that regard, they even use their real names.
There's a book called Chernobyl Prayers by Svetlana Alexievich, their story is in the first chapter. It's sad as fuck, can definitely recommend

>pic related, Pripyat

Attached: IMG_20190329_162453.jpg (2016x1512, 1.51M)

This.

Also, comrade Dyatlov is already a meme material. Let's hope all HBO fuckery will be postponed to last episode.

Attached: IMG_20190329_164849.jpg (2016x1512, 1.7M)

Attached: IMG_20190329_162912.jpg (3226x2420, 2.72M)

Well it's fun but it's not realistic at all.

Only one ep in so far and liking it very much. The atmosphere is great.

I don't mind the actors speaking English that much, but it's all the names they butcher that really irks me.

I feel like this show is a hit piece on nuclear power so fags can point and go THIS IS WHY WE NEED SOLAR AND WIND

Which is funny because it's the only serious nuclear power disaster in history, and the reactor is nothing like the PWRs we use in the US, and solar/wind are LNG scams that poison the earth.

Listen to the podcast the director put out, he's super pronuclear irl and is going out his way to make things as authentic as possible in the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=rUeHPCYtWYQ

>he's super pronuclear
More and more people are every day, thank god. The amount of blatant disinformation pushed against nuclear power is actually pretty damn infuriating.

>t. About to start college for nuclear technology in August