Obviously dual wielding is impractical and innacuarate...

Obviously dual wielding is impractical and innacuarate. But for the sake of curiousity could one feasibly learn to handle the recoil and reload 2 handguns at once? What calibers would be effective? How heavy of a gun?

Attached: aid183292-v4-1200px-Dual-Wield-Pistols-(Handguns)-Step-6.jpg (1200x900, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=avrnGbni-Tw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck, curiosity

No.

Well, supposedly Russian special forces did a lot of research into this and developed a workable method for using 2 pistols at once, only to discard the technique when the Stechkin machine pistol was introduced.

Attached: 1280px-Stechkin_APS.jpg (1280x853, 250K)

Forget that stupid shit and learn to shoot faster.

Attached: 1410993026-Jerry-Miculek--Photo-Credit--Yamil-Sued-.1ba66c2a.jpg (1292x860, 105K)

That wasnt my question. Is it possible, not practical.

Leaked footage of a USSOCOM operative using dual wield in a fight.
youtube.com/watch?v=avrnGbni-Tw

>can someone hold two pistols at the same time
If they have two functioning hands sure why not.
>can they reload them at the same time
If there are two vertical mags on a table in front of them I don't see why not. Or you could get the backpack from Tomb Raider.

Stupid idea, if you're carrying two handguns it's better to just treat it like a new york reload and get more aimed focused fire over a longer period. Multi tasking is a myth.

So, for your average shooter, it's more effective to just use one gun. That being said, point shooting is a trainable skill, and that is essentially what you'd be doing when you go Akimbo. However, the biggest drawback would be ylthe fact that you'll never be able to fire in two directions at once. The human brain is incapable of that. So at best youd just have twice as much dakka going at your enemy.
>reloading
The most reliable way would probably be to retain one weapon and reload the other, this will take twice as much time as a normal reload
>caliber
Probably a 9mm, or if you want to suspend disbelief and just go balls to the wall, get .50 AE deagle brand deagles
>Weight
You'd probably want a heavier pistol since you'll be lacking the support of your other hand, maybe a good old fashioned wonder nine.
P.s. It actually occurred to me after writing all of that that it might be feasible to only use one weapon at a time and once that weapon runs dry, just switch to your backup.

About the only time dual-wielding was practical was about the time of the American Civil War and for a short time after and that was really only for cavalry troopers on horseback where the shock-value and weight of fire of two big stonking revolvers during a charge would aid in breaking an enemy formation.

Maybe have a bunch of extendo clipazines strapped to your thigh, then use your feet to work the slides.

Possible, perhaps. Still makes you look like a matrix wanabe tard

I do pretty good with two heritage rough riders

>handle the recoil
do you not ever shoot off-hand/one-handed? it's not difficult.

imagine 2 AR pistols strapped to your hands

unstoppable

>point shooting is a trainable skill
>point shooting in 2 directions at once is not a trainable skill
bruh anything is possible with determination and practice

>to work the slides
it makes a ton more sense to count your shots and reload on the last round in the chamber

>However, the biggest drawback would be ylthe fact that you'll never be able to fire in two directions at once. The human brain is incapable of that.
point your fingers at two things. laugh at yourself for thinking this.

No, dumbass. Just try to point at two different thing at the same time. It is literally impossible.

>if makes more sense to round count two firearms simultaneously

If you're a Terminator, perhaps. A man should be able to recognize things that are beyond human capabilities.

>he's so dumb he can't even notice that he can't do that

Wow.

Dude, I'm not either of those anons, but it's really easy to point at two things at once. You pulled that 'hurr da brain can't do it' shit out of your ass. Just admit you said something dumb and move on.

>Obviously dual wielding is impractical and innacuarate.
Only because everyone has been doing it wrong. You need to dual wield the pistol with a long gun, just like dual wielding in kendo.

No, it isn't. You can point at one thing, and in the general direction of another. Then, when you shift focus onto the second thing, you correct slightly.

I guess if you're really fucking stupid you don't notice that correction, though.

Ever do conductor training or play the piano? Dissociative movement/control of the hands/arms is incredibly awkward and feels impossible without training, however that's all it takes to overcome--practice.

That is not the same thing.

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe if you practiced more you would have to correct less often? Dual wielding is cool and all in movies and it's fun in real life but the practicality of it is low.

Not good enough to actually hit whatever you pretend you're aiming at if it's more than 5' away.

>You can point at one thing, and in the general direction of another. Then, when you shift focus onto the second thing, you correct slightly.
That's just an anecdote of you having bad accuracy. Do you have to alternate focusing your sight to the left and right when climbing a ladder, or do you keep your focus in between and use basic hand-eye coordination and depth perception skills?
It's the same thing. One is simply harder than the other because it's farther away.

Apologies, I assumed your argument was about independent control and not about accuracy, since the 'impossible' claim is illogical when using the accuracy argument. Regardless, I've addressed both.

The temptation is to shoot one gun with the other one

are you retarded? how do you think playing a drumset works?

Tell us more about your noguns collection, fag

>Do you have to alternate focusing your sight to the left and right when climbing a ladder, or do you keep your focus in between and use basic hand-eye coordination and depth perception skills?

When you do things like climb a ladder or play a piano, you have an object you are in physical contact with to orient yourself. When shooting, you are not in physical contact with your targets, so you cannot orient yourself on them by touch. You are entirely reliant on sight to orient your movements.

Furthermore, the levels of precision required in those activities are not compatible to shooting accurately.

There is no doubt that a man can fire two guns at once. But he will not be able to aim them at two targets at once. No amount of practice can change that.

Attached: C6AB00AE-B5BF-4302-B9C5-70BFD8BE0F3E.jpg (906x1024, 86K)

>But he will not be able to aim them at two targets at once. No amount of practice can change that.
The arguments you made in this post does not support this claim. In fact, they actually supports what you're arguing against.
I'm not sure why you think a physically contacted frame of reference is conceptually mutually exclusive from a purely visual one; you still have a sensory feedback mechanism. Do you have problems with spatial awareness in general? The fact that it's relatively less accurate is not a counterargument, it's a supporting argument.

You're literally arguing that it's impossible to look at one person and then throw your dodgeball to hit another person you can see. It's something a middle school child can accomplish.

You can hit the general direction you saw them last and your accuracy is severely reduced.

welcome to the internet

>you saw them last
Are you now claiming it's impossible to see more than one thing at a time?
I might as well give up trying to convince you of anything. There's no point in trying to teach algebra to someone who can't into basic logic.

I mean I have two eyes in the front of my skull, not on the sides. While peripherals exist you will be predominantly focusing on one sight picture over the other.

Elmer Keith agrees with . He wrote and proscribed that yes, you could fight with a revolver in both hands. But you cocked an aimed and fired at the same time at the same target, facing him head on. Dig the old fart up and argue with him if you like. Or just read 'Sixguns: The Definitive Work.' Whichever.

PS: Gunfights are not fucking dodgeball.

Attached: elmerkeith_1007A.jpg (225x229, 17K)

Where do I get my free soda and 12 year old girl?

>He still thinks you have to focus on something to aim at it.
Just accept that you're shit at spatial awareness, depth perception, vector multiplication, and prediction and move on. You might as well be arguing that it's literally impossible to aim a hip-fired weapon.

>PS: Gunfights are not fucking dodgeball.
>PS: Projectiles are not fucking projectiles.
Don't post if you can't follow the debate or its context.

You can aim in the general direction of something you are not looking at, but you will not be at 100% accuracy. That has been the whole point of discussion you are not understanding.

there is a practical usage for dual wielding: cosplay, that is about it

There was a documentary about this a few years back.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

>You might as well be arguing that it's literally impossible to aim a hip-fired weapon.

You're capable of far more accuracy hip firing than independently dual wielding, because you're only attempting to focus on a single target.

I don't understand why you're having trouble with this concept.

I agree with you, but it's possible to use the off hand weapon for suppressive fire and only the main one to actually aim

I duel wield colt commanders with no issue but I am not a pussy manlet. Man up weak bitch.

>have far more difficulty
>It is literally impossible.

just alternate between the two and count normally.

First day on the internet?

Attached: gayroller.png (718x1108, 212K)

I miss cornikcon

even miculek dual wields proficiently. way to ruin the thread.

you should only ever dual wield two desert eagles in 50 AE

You can trivially fire a gun one handed. Reloading would be difficult, but possible with appropriate drilling and equipment to hold magazines in usable positions. Caliber would not matter until you got to calibers you're uncomfortable shooting one-handed. Weight should be kept moderate to buffer recoil, but not so heavy as to overwhelm.

Now that we've determined all of these things, we just need to square up in a secure stance and sight...

Fuck.

Attached: Whenyounutandshekeepssucking.jpg (800x927, 158K)

Attached: 600px-Equilibriumweightedmags.jpg (600x258, 44K)

.22 probably but your problem isnt just recoil its literally that youre duel wielding two objects designed to be aimed with both hands

Pointing at two different things at once isn't impossible, but the level of multitasking required to intelligently aim at those two things absolutely is impossible. Even in point shooting you are trying to align your weapon with your target. If you've ever tried firing two weapons at once you'd know that aligning both pistols with the same target is hard enough, just imagine doing it with two targets.

>he doesnt triple wield
imagine not being able to shoot a gun with your dick

Yeah I mean it seems stupid to shoot two at once when you can shoot one and then shoot the other.

Attached: cf7a3d87e1678ff70d7eb45659a231a4.jpg (704x396, 21K)

Carve up your corpus callosum and you can dual wield like a fucking champ

>HEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just use an AF2011. Double the dakka

Attached: 126AC840-0023-43E6-B009-F8A775EBB293.jpg (640x426, 35K)

If you have low capacity handguns then dual wielding is actually a good idea. Dual revolvers were actually fairly common in the late 1800s.

However, the entire point is to compensate for the slow reload so you'd need to put one gun away while you reload the other.

Use two AF2011. Quadruple the dakka.

Yes, but you can "intelligently" aim at one and competently aim at the other. A Benihana's chef can teach you that.

Depending on the range of your second target and/or whether your intention is to suppress, its definitely possible and there there is definitely a niche for it. Whether that competency is something worth training is another question entirely.

Left hand should be a very high capacity. 22lr round that you use to suppress the target while your right hand gun should be something you're accurate with 1 hand.

I've seen people dual wield machine pistols at machine gun shoots, I regularly shoot mine one handed.
It's hard, impractical, and inaccurate (like you said), but its possible.
Reloading on the other hand requires some goofy shit like holstering one gun and reloading the other, then swapping or using something with a sling or lanyard and letting one of the guns hang while reloading the other. There isn't any realistic way of reloading in anything outside of prepared environments (ie magazines sitting on a table or some weird custom web gear).

Did you mean your right hand should have the .22?

Fucking basic bitch pleb right handers. Southpaw master race.

best for home defense

Attached: ok.jpg (388x443, 41K)