Does anyone produce ammunition specifically for 9mm PCCs yet? Seeing as they’re the new fad...

Does anyone produce ammunition specifically for 9mm PCCs yet? Seeing as they’re the new fad, it seems like someone would start making loads with slower powders optimized for longer barrels, and bullets designed for the higher velocities.

Attached: C9AD7571-C698-47E7-8D38-ED1D1F2363BC.jpg (225x225, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rmwxtreme.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean rifle ammunition?

Two problems
9mm has limited case capacity compared to revolver rounds (where you do see cartridges optimized for carbines, and rounds optimized for specific pistol barrel lengths.

Second is that most PCC's are straight blowback. That affects how "hot" your rounds can be, since the mechanism is simple and tuned to plainjane 9mm, hot 9mm might blow it open too soom, case rupture, catastrophic failures, etc.

It might be possible to develop slow burning powder 9mm loads for carbines, but you would want either a 9mm bolt action or some action that is NOT straight blowback. And it might not be safe for use in your average PCC.

I have wanted to do this exact project, but that's for when I get matching Zenith MP5 clones.

Or pay a machinist to rework a fucked up mauser to make it a 9mm rifle.

I know you think you're being funny but it just makes you look autistic. I wish there was a mute option. This board would be so much better.

If straight blowback is all fucky, then we need short recoil PCCs. Mauser Broomhandle carbine resurgence when?

uh, sub machine gun ammo? since thats what a PCC is supposed to be

>I wish there was a mute option.
You can filter by trip and hide any post you want.

>we need short recoil PCCs
CMMG has a rotating bolt PCC. It's subjective, but recoil felt softer than a blowback gun.

>9mm
>optimized for carbines and rifles

How much case capacity and gas volume do you think you think you can squeeze out of that little case user. There is a reason that 9mm bullet weights are from 100 - 150 grains for traditional cartridges - it simply has not the required powder capacity for big boy rounds. 9mm is bound to be a lower end, slower cartridge. What the fuck do you think a .357 by the way?

>It's subjective
It's really not. Recoil energy is measurable.

if only there were some sort of company out there that sold a short stroke gas system based 9mm carbine/pistol
Surely if there was a company that did this the weapon would be popular and not a total meme on Jow Forums

Nobody out there that I know of is selling specific long barrel loads of 9mm. Stuff like this is available exclusively to those who take the time to invest in reloading.
With a 147gr XTP, a suitable powder like Blue Dot, and a 16" barrel you can easily blow past 1350fps without pushing pressure too high. Staying within +P limits and being relatively tame still grants quite a bit more than any big name factory load you'll find.
Say you take a 125gr GD intended for .357SIG, 9mm+P from a 16" barrel can push it significantly over 1650fps. Something like that isn't going to ever be in a box on a shelf, unless maybe from a boutique like Buffalo Bore.

The real advantage to a PCC would come from going beyond +P into +P+ territory. An ideal PCC would have interchangeable recoil springs with variable weights to keep the action locked longer. If you could push up to 40k PSI average working pressure you'd have something pretty special. Breaking 800ft.lbs with a solid midweight projectile in 9mm is no joke.

You both need to do a lot more reading and acquire much more experience with load development and reloading.
Handloads of 9mm can gain an awful lot from a 16" barrel vs factory loads.

>muh exeter shit

>An ideal PCC would have interchangeable recoil springs with variable weights to keep the action locked longer
It would have a real locking system, not blowback

This post brought to you by mp5 gang

Rollers are for skating. Rotating bolt is god tier.

>a real locking system
>mp5 gang

More like dumb nigga gang, lmao.

One area I'm surprised there hasn't been as much development is PCC specific projectiles. 9mm HPs designed for handguns tend to over-expand when shot out of a rifle. 9mm +P out of a 16" carbine performs roughly the same at 50-70yds as a handgun does at the muzzle.

Though .357 Sig HPs would probably suffice for a re-loader, since they're presumably designed with higher velocities in mind.

You could try to resize .357Mag projectiles, giving them a little squeeze down to .355-.356 isn't much. A lot of people have been developing .357SIG loads with .357 projectiles for years. The only real impact is on accuracy.

I want a PCC in .327 Fed Mag.
Just for the meme.

Rimmed cartridges are lame.

You know they've made Uzi 9mm for almost half a century, right.

Wouldn't 357 mag bullets have a strong propensity for jams?

You should always slug your barrel first to verify the diameter so you aren't going off of guess work, but if you resize the projectiles you'd never run into a problem. Resizing a .357 bullet to .355 is nothing.

>HPs
For what purpose?

Think he means because of the ogive on revolver-cartridge bullets not being designed for autoloader compatibility.

Attached: but at 4201fps it explodes.png (567x824, 200K)

>Recoil energy is measurable.
And a bolt carrier with a rotating bolt will have less recoil energy than a blowback BCG because there is less pressure against the bolt face as the rotating bolt finally unlocks and begins moving backward, which means less acceleration.

You’re really missing the point of his post though which is to say that something that could be fired regularly in a cheap blowback style operation and wouldn’t risk rupturing thin 9 mm cases isn’t feasible. Furthermore anything that you would want to reload in those would be far and away better done on a 357 lever action or something like that. 357 cases are simply made better in the guns that shoot them are substantially stronger than a PCC

I had a chance to buy some SMG ammo from a former Marine that took some as, uh, we'll call it a severance and I still kick myself for not making that happen.

You can fire 9mm+P out of pretty much every PCC on the market, user. With a 9mm PCC you can have 30 round mags. Can't do that with a lever gun.

Your objections are pointless.

>Ruger makes 9mm PCC
>Ruger makes .40 S&W PCC

.357 SIG TIEM BOYS

I've heard the IWI hollow points are meant for longer barrels and SMGs, so I'd try that. I mean, people say it doesn't expand reliably unless it's coming out of a long barrel, so your mileage may vary.

What we need is PCCs that use MP7's action: Gas-operated, short stroke piston, with rotating bolt.

>slower powders optimized for longer barrels
The appropriate powder burn rate is determined by the cartridge itself, not the barrel length.

This is news to me, especially with specialized SBR powder now. Not to mention I have several reloading manuals that mention specific powders for slower burn for 24+" barrels.

Wholly incorrect. Different powders have different characteristics, and you can exploit that inside of a given pmax. Lrn2 basics of reloading.

You mean the MPX? Thats been out for years.

Why not short recoil? It's simpler and has most of the same advantages.

Attached: BT-30104-N_2_big.jpg (1500x772, 70K)

Federal makes one for PCC competition, but it's not designed for great terminal performance or anything. I think it's more geared to being as soft shooting as possible.

Attached: fp-ae9sjpc1-9mmlugersyntechpcctsj-rpsd-1910267[1].jpg (800x463, 130K)

Interesting nonetheless. It’s probably really fun to double tap with.

Depends on the barrel length... as far as short barreled SMGs, higher pressured 9mm has been standard. But for long barrels? 16"? As far as I'm aware, no, no one has made loads with slower burning powders optimized for 16" barrels since 1) they'd be unreliable in handguns (~4"barrels), 2) 16" 9mms are a creation of NFA bullshit and only recently began gaining popularly. I'm not convinced of how much benefit could be obtained over regular +P or even +P+ but I'd be interested to see what a 16" optimized loading could achieve

reading up on that is interesting, they’re using plastic jackets on the bullets to reduce fouling apparently

rmwxtreme.com/
The answer is 9x25 Dillon in a DI AR shooting 65gr Lehigh XDs for up close and the 70gr Lehigh HERO for longer range. There's plenty of case capacity and you can load barrel length optimized powders. This guy got 2553fps in a glock 40 I imagine you could outperform 223 if properly loaded and there are now multiple options for 30round 10mm/9x25 Dillon magazines.

Attached: 9x25 Dillon 65gr XDs 2553fps.jpg (603x1042, 110K)

Attached: 9mm Super.png (480x339, 53K)

If you're going to reload exotic cartridges you limit your firearm selection. Can't walk into a shop and find a Beretta CX4 or a Scorpion Evo chambered in 9x25 Dildos.

It'd make for a great thumper, but its not holding the same charm as an off the shelf PCC.

There are kits to convert mausers to .45AVP and feed from 1911 mags. My buddy has one with a humongous Form 1 suppressor he built. Absurdly fun gun to shoot.

Seriously, the thing is the size of two soup cans.

Anyways, most people I see get “pistols” with braces rather than 16” rifles. Or SBRs.

Henry has you covered

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 282K)

So what happens when someone gets one of those .50GI glock uppers, and make a 9mm bottleneck cartridge to suit?
Naturally at some point, you have too much bolt thrust for the locking shoulder, and end up having to reduce pressure. But if .45-derived cartridges haven't hit that limit...

That's a big guy

.38-45ACP exists, seems like it could throw a 124gr GD to 1900fps from a 16" barrel.
90gr could reach around 2300fps.
A lighter projectile would come out screaming.