APOCALYPSE! YOU CANT STORE FUEL??

Apparentlycant be stored for more than a year so you cant store some in preparation for the apocalypse.

I hear diesel is better for long term storage but I dont know much.

Can any Anons share their knowledge?

Attached: ae235[1].jpg (330x330, 11K)

>he needs (((fuel)))

Attached: c709acc511e3e0e1c671d004132837bf4b9b2105_00.gif (320x240, 191K)

Where do you even get all those Flapjack gifs? Do you just make them yourself?

Get an M35 multifuel truck, burn used engine oil and automatic transmission fluid.

its called the internet
>pic related is you

Attached: tumblr_inline_pa3vuv4vzL1uoz2en_540.gif (500x375, 1.11M)

What about vegetable oil? I hear diesel engines are best for using that but they need to have improved pistol seals or something?

>He can't drill and refine his own oil....

Attached: large.jpg (800x450, 61K)

:(

Why would you waste food when you could burn salvaged oil from abandoned vehicles?

they need to be converted and the oil need altered(refined?)

Diesel can get moldy and generate substances that will contaminate your fuel system and destroy your powertrain.

Gasolene is more caustic and thus stays usable for longer.

sure bud, trying to cook/keep warm with something that has toxic fumes when burnt

HAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

You cook on your truck's exhaust pipe, and snuggle up to it to keep warm?

Attached: 6199ec094af5436fb0c1fed35f0b396e.jpg (1280x1024, 236K)

Gee, I dunno Bill, what did the Nazi's do when they ran out of oil?

Bro that’s kinda cringe

Lol

Thank you based Flapjack poster

good in a pinch but probably not good in the long term.

You can store fuel. Gasoline begins to degrade after 6 months to a year depending on the blend.
Add a stabilization additive and you can boost the full quality life to 3 years. But it’s still a useful fuel for several years after that. It degrades over time, not instantly. You can probably get 5 years out of it before you might have trouble running it in some engines/ loss of performance.

After five years, gasoline will have evaporated, and you'll be left with water, rust, and lacquer you'd need gasoline to dissolve.

always handy to know how to modify a car for wood gas... and generally older equipment will work better with poor fuel quality than your 2019 tesla....

mother fucker did you just advocate steam engine

we have an old stationary steam engine with a drive for a woodsplitter and stuff... we keep it maintained and fire it up once in a while for entertainment. fucker will literally run on dried cow shit if you're into it...

They make something called PRIST for jet fuel. Prevents microbial growth.
Since Jet A and Diesel are both from the kerosene family, it'll work.

absolutely based

5mph is just fast enough to outrun zombies

or use it to power half life 2 tier ravenholm style traps

That’s not what PRIST is. PRIST is an anti-icing additive.

t. airport fuel guy

That's funny, because some old boomer huey pilot told me the same thing, then I checked it out afterwards and learned it was just anti-icing stuff.

Any truth to that statement?

People used to use it as an anti-microbial. It even said so on the label. But it was eventually found that while it does have some biocidal properties, it wasn’t enough to be certified as such. So while it may or may not work for long-term storage, you’re much better off using a dedicated biocidal additive

go ride a bike you fat fuck
>small and storable
>fast in end times
>easier to repair
>good excersice
>no gas? not a problem
>can store quite a few for frens
>can be converted into a kind of motorcycle with skills

My dad had gasoline go bad after letting it sit for 2 years in a gas can. I bet around a year is the cutoff

An outdated concept to when there was extremely high ethanol levels in gasoline, and becoming increasingly more outdated. If sealed and stored in the proper environments, combined with preservatives like Sta-bil, you could make fuel last a decade or two. A lot longer if you're working with Diesel fuel or any of the various fuels for a Diesel engine.

Attached: Fire.jpg (2000x1500, 1.11M)

Got a source for that?

The only thing that wasn't bullshit about that statement was that Diesel engines can run on a variety of fuels.

I see, thanks. So it does have some truth to it.

> He doesn't own a cuckmobile for shtf
Not gonna make it.

Attached: electric-car.jpg (1024x768, 405K)

Steam is the way to go, it will take anything that burns. Or moonshine, you can always make more.

Used jews?

Invade Russia leading to the majority of their casualties in futile slog through mud and snow?

You can turn an air compressor into a steam generator. Air tank - boiler, compressor - steam engine, motor - generator

lost

>tesla

>fuel quality

this is bait

>needing fuel

Attached: 156156321.jpg (1024x774, 182K)

I am resigned to the idea that once shit hits the fan i will have to abandon my 2019 Powerstroke.

Stitch his mouth shut and see how long he can make it.

biodiesel. mix vegetable oil, alcohol and bleach, heat, then pour off the by-products.

Holzgas?

what the fuck is that? those proportions. that shape. where's the storage space?

Just don't store common fuels. Aviation gasoline, kerosene, jet fuel, even red dye diesel hold up better over time because they're not as heavily regulated and thus don't have all the additives that conventional fuels do.

>not rednecking together your very own wood gasifier engine

There are additives to get more life out of stored gas and diesel.
AFAIK basteria and shit like that will degrade it, that's for the "about a year" deadline.
No idea where to get these, as a yuropoor it seems they are only available to professionals and army.
You will need to filter the diesel too.

this. friend of mine that i work with at an FBO and takes home purge fuel for his harley. He strains it first and then fills his bike. Has a barrel of refuse 100LL in his garage and drives to work for free. Seriously considering a harley or some other big piston'ed low rpm means of transport for myself now.

Sta-bil or Pri-G for gas. Pri-D for diesel.

If you can find a gas station that sells pure gas (no ethanol), it's worth the extra money to buy it. Treated, it'll last for several years.

Beyond that, buy a multi-fuel diesel or a carbureted gas engine. You can run wood smoke through the latter, or a wide variety of liquids through the former.

You could even invest in a Stirling engine, but they're hard to come by.

wood gas isn't steam power. search gasifier, it's your best post refinery option.

Attached: 1929-ford-model-a-wood-gas-7.jpg (2500x1667, 3.38M)

Not sure if it was called PRIST, but I had a similar additive when flying an old Beech1900 to prevent algae in the tanks. Definitely seperate from the anti-ice additive.

In his defense, there should be a lot of grass around when nobody can spare the time or gas to run a lawnmower.

Plus you either have horse cock or vag to play with :DDDDDDDDD

Bait, but the right answer nonetheless.

But it's kinda the wrong answer, too.
A Tesla is probably too complex and over-computerized to be a sensible choice, but battery-electric cars in general are actually interesting because batteries don't care where the power comes from -- decoupling the problem of "self-propelled vehicle" from the problem of "post-apocalyptic power source" is good. While using a water turbine to charge batteries may or may not be feasible in your location, it's definitely not an option on a self-contained vehicle; even among things that can be mobile, I'd much rather set up a stationary engine with a gasifier than try to tack that shit onto a serviceable vehicle.
There's also redundancy -- it's trivial to have multiple stationary engines (with same or different fuel sources) and use engine B to charge your car while you're rebuilding engine A.

except you need to replace batteries and don't have the manufacturing capacity to make more. you can make a gasifier out of junk in the scrapyard.

those africans on wooden scooters are gonna laugh hard when they are more technically advanced than you

A well-built ebike could be a decent scout vehicle too.

>he does not plan to use steam velocipedes and wood gas trucks
YOU FOOL

Attached: 43265.jpg (800x421, 124K)

>Buy tesla car.
>purchase solar panels
>profit?

Attached: tesla girl.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>cloudy
>car dies

The plastic gas cans available in hardwood stores suck for long term storage; if you keep the gas in an uncontrolled temperature environment it's even worse.

Not if you use edison batteries, they last for centuries

i imagine you'd have a hard time running a car with them between their low energy density and weight.

They have twice the density of lead a id and can be drained all the way.

>what is a flashlight

Teslas are gay as fuck, you gonna order the dildo seat option too?

Steam power is the only practical power source long term
>Minimal lubrication
>Can run on anything
>Easy to build
You can buy or make a steam powered anything, the technology is so old that everything that can be tried has been tried and developed to its most advanced and mature point.cars, trucks, boats, farm equipment. you think it up, it was already done 100 years ago and improved multiple times. Learn to machine though because having the machines commissioned will cost an arm and a leg.

Storing gas in a plastic can with the vent open in your shed that gets 90 degrees in the summer isn’t really a good way to measure the viability of storing gasoline long term.
I have started cars parked in relatively stable conditions after they sat for several years with gas in the tank, with stabilizing additives. They fired up and ran. I think a carburetor engine would have more problems with varnish and fuel quality compared to electronic fuel injection.

You’re correct. Edison batteries are really cool and great for stationary power, like a battery bank that’s charged by solar or wind.
Unfortunately nothing but lithium battery comes close to being light enough for powering transportation.

Eh, you'll give up some payload capacity vs Li-ion, but NiMH are just fine and don't have the shelf-life problem.

Honestly even lead-acid, heavy as it is, could still be workable depending what sort of range and capacity you need. If you put a half-ton of lead-acid batteries in a 3/4 ton pickup, you get half the battery capacity of a Leaf, and still have plenty of bed space for your 500 pounds of cargo. It's shit, but it's something.

Now hang on. I work for a waste haulimg company and we had to get a ye old mack from 1987 that has been sitting for at least 5 years started and moved out to the wayback of the yard. We hooked up new batteries up to it and it started with a little spray o' starting fluid. The compresser was 3/4 kaput on it so we had to let it run for half an hour to get air built so the brakes could release (most of the air lines were dry rotted so...fun!)
That fuel had been sitting in that truck in the insane ass michigan weather for 5 years. Five years of hot, cold, humid, dry, and that bitch ran just fine

very few people in this thread appear to have any experience with the subject beyond the can of gas in their shed for the lawnmower or god forbid, the two cycle weedeater (two cycle machines are way more sensitive to fuel decay)

It's a G-Wiz, or REVAi depending on which shithole you're from.

so is any chinesium dirt bike...

first thing on your list should really be woodgas and distilling alkohol...

Are you retarded.

A duce and a half can run on motor oil

Working horses need grain. A grass only diets will work if they can graze all day everyday at their own pace without doing any kind of regular, rigorous exercise like carrying people, equipment, or pushing a plow. A good working animal is an athlete, and the same rules regarding diet apply to people as well as animals: If you want to get big, you have to eat big.

>abandon vehicle

Fuck that, I'd rather walk.

I created a method for me to hook up my hand and generate energy when I jack off fuel is for homos

>horse face
Could probably ride her a few miles before she gives out

small cars are cool. 9/10 would be interested

Attached: z600.jpg (900x535, 129K)

>Laughs in diesel and basic vegetable oil

you type like a boomer. i believe it.

>What are the internal batteries of the car?

>SARDINES
>SAR. DIIIIIINES