Which F model plane is the best?

Attached: C7B04596-2616-4EF9-A3D8-F2A14684BCBE.jpg (750x652, 657K)

Is there a bad F?

F 15

F-35 is pretty shit compared to the F-22

F-104
>Inb4 triggered Germans

>102-0

Attached: F8U-1P_Formation.jpg (1200x975, 207K)

Attached: xb70601.jpg (800x370, 270K)

The one that shouldn't have been one to begin with.

Attached: f-111.jpg (1280x847, 207K)

Eh we didn't lile that piece of crap either.
Its nickname was Widowmaker.

Canadians had a even worse track record with it. Of course they too were using it as a low altitude (nuclear) strike fighter, that it could carry air-to-air ordnance was almost an afterthought to them and most of the aircraft didn't even have their guns fitted when in service in Europe.
Also the Canadians had a even worse service history with the F-86 before it so some question has be put towards pilot training being poor as well.
>Its nickname was Widowmaker.
Made up by the media, go watch some interviews with people who served on the type.
They always have a somewhat different view on it.

>104-0 air to air combat record
>can lose an entire wing and still get back to base
>only plane in history to shoot down a satellite

Attached: 550DE358-9721-48FA-971D-9BC68391E79A.jpg (670x376, 44K)

F15

F22 and F15 to dominate the air
F16 is like a break action shotgun, cheap and effective way to arm your neighbors.

>F104

Such a great machine!
Some countries has school trip at their local airforce.
In Italy, thank to the f104, we had the airforce visiting a local school.

Attached: Strage_Casalecchio_di_Reno_istituto_Salvemini.jpg (525x392, 42K)

>F Model

Attached: notjackiechan.jpg (153x160, 4K)

>F model plane
I didn't think it was possible to surpass the retardedness of a phrase "T-series tanks", but you actually managed to do it. Congratulations.

Attached: CB9C3716-B490-49C1-AC3D-84F3E81C7892.jpg (750x717, 97K)

And yet everyone knows what OP meant. Just like everyone knows what T series tanks are. Imagine that

>widowmaker
>muh wing loading
>muh high landing speeds
>not 'pos'ta use for strike
Ignore all that. That's just a side-discussion away from the already existing flaws of the type for air to air. It has no payload, just 2 heaters and a gun. It has no legs! It's LITERALLY a point-defense interceptor, and point-defense interceptors haven't been relevant since the Bf 109. Because they have no legs.

this

F-104's could carry 4 sidewinders, and in 1958 the 20mm vulcan was a hell of a fucking gun.

F-14

>It has no payload, just 2 heaters and a gun.
*4 "heaters"
Italian and some Turkish (Italian built) 104s could carry AIM-7s.
>It has no legs!
This is the main limiting factor

F22

Don't forget the AIR-2 Genie.

Attached: F-104 fires a Genie.webm (640x480, 1.51M)

n u c l e a r a i r t o a i r m i s s l e
The 50's were ducking wild.

They manage to be both ambiguous and incorrect, so wrong on both counts there.

>F-model plane

You do realize the letter designations mean fuck all, right?

>BF-109
>point defense interceptor

You do realize terms like 'point defense interceptor' mean fuck all, right?

I think it was crazy the US had legit plans of using small tactical nukes to hit an enemy position then have infantry move in right after lol

>unguided air-to-air rocket with a 1.5 kt w25 nuclear warhead
Fully erect.

Currently the F22 is the best air superiority fighter and the F35 the best multi-role. Which of those two is better depends on who you are and what you are trying to do.

Attached: F22 & F35 pair.jpg (2100x1500, 384K)

>no fun allowed

Just relax, user. We all know what OP means, and you aren't impressing anyone with your useless trivia knowledge.

>We all know what OP means
OP is a retard and not using retarded naming conventions is hardly trivia. You'd realize this if you ever worked on anything technical in your entire life, but I guess you've only studied common core in your public middle school, eh junior?

Is there even a competitor, F-15 is basically the best warplane ever made, take the stealth out of a modern fighter and put them against it and they are done

Is it bad that i immediately thought OP was memeing by copying the concept of "T-series" trolling?

Its a mistake that shouldn't even be made its so basic and misleading. The IS-10 became the T-10, the "T" has nothing to do with the vehicle itself, just the job its intended to do and to say its a series or that there's some kind of continuity between disparate designs is just showing how much of a know-nothing they are.

Oh no an F-15 fanboy at it, let him pound your wife if you like him so much you fucking cuck

This meme needs to die.

>We all know what OP means
Whether you slap "ironic" on it or not, shitposting is still shitposting.