Why is a Green Beret allowed to graduate BUDS without actually joining the navy?

Why is a Green Beret allowed to graduate BUDS without actually joining the navy?

Pic related

Attached: greenberetseal.jpg (1920x1524, 573K)

not a GB faggot

>wearing a Green Beret

Foreign mil?

>mfw every navy SEAL is white

>those aesthetics
When was that picture taken? Mid 90s?

Black people, good runners, poor swimmers.

The two officers in the front seem to be Egyptian (look at the eagle insignia). I suppose the other dude is as well.

Guy 3rd left from guy in greens looks like he can be a brown brother.

Is this it?

Attached: egyptian-navy-badge-worn-by-a-trainee-officer-F4T5G9.jpg (877x1390, 176K)

Also is that Michael Murphy in the top left corner?

Yes it is

the Royal Marines also have green berets. It would make sense for the Seals and the Royal Marines to do some sort of exchange.

Black people lazy fucks, poor slaves

Attached: main-qimg-c68ebe7c730bec453b6f927c2df93a5a-c.jpg (399x443, 75K)

I'm the user doing an internship at the U.S. Air Force Academy.

There are numerous branches attending there, and a substantial number of foreign forces there as well. It is about cross-training and establishing better relations with all parties involved.

When I was still in the service, I was at Fort Bliss, where there were permanent presences of Germans, Japanese, and South Korean forces.

Worked at the Army Sergeant Major's Academy after I was wounded. There was also folks from all U.S. branches and foreign attendees as well.

It is a form of networking, and passing on the values and knowledge of one branch, one country, onto another. We have numerous allies beyond differentiation of our own branches of the armed forces, and staying connected to each other is important.

Not the same bullshit that routinely plays out here on Jow Forums, seeing everyone other than you and yours in an adversarial mindset. It is a about partnership.

Attached: hate it, miss it.jpg (2592x1944, 632K)

>It is about cross-training and establishing better relations with all parties involved.
This has never sat well with me. When these allies decided to stab us in the back. They will have a keen understanding of our operations and will be able to counter. Also this knowledge has been sold to the highest bidder in the past. A reason some Operations went sideways. This is sanctioned espionage.

I'm sure the average IQ isnt helping either.

Those circumstances are the exception, not the rule. Post 1945, most are allies have remained as such.

Did a Designated Marksman course with both Brits and Aussies. Did an armor exercise with Canadians. Doing as much really makes you appreciate the Allies you have. Had two occasions where I met guys I had previously talked to on military forums.

Honestly there are more benefits than risk in my personal opinion. We should have each other's back, and that is made that much easier if you get to know the guys you may work with.

Im pretty sure theres only been 40 black seals ever. Correct me if i wrong.

Special operations forces are pretty white with Asians and beans mixed in. The few black guys you come across are from mostly stable family's and not project rats.

>not project rats
Calling bullshit on that one dude

Why are seals allowed to graduate Airborne School without actually joining the Army?

nah its true most of them come from military families though

Sounds about right, about half our black doods had to retake swim test two-three times in boot. Apparently their parents/guardians didn't believe in swimming for some reason or they only went on waterslides or other similar shit. We all laughed about it and some of them got gud.

Dem squirly little Filipinos though all had family up the ranks and somehow got counted for swimming without setting foot in the pool... Pretty sure it is proof Filipinos are water soluble, I need to test this later, que seaman bitching.

>Why is a Green Beret allowed to graduate BUDS without actually joining the navy?
Same reason why SEAL's can attend Ranger school and try out for Delta Force selection; it would be stupid for the military to turn away candidates who are both qualified and highly motivated. Green Berets have a lot of skills that the SEAL's could benefit from, and vice versa. For example, SEAL training doesn't include any kind of foreign language component, whereas for Green Berets it is a core part of their training. On the other hand, most Green Berets don't receive any dive training at all, whereas every SEAL has to become an expert combat diver as part of their basic training. Having a guy around with both skill sets could be a real asset to both communities.

Attached: 1556925176535.jpg (640x746, 97K)

i wouldnt call it expert and GB medics all go to dive school. every special operations forces goes through some kind of dive school in their pipeline to be fully qualified

>every special operations forces goes through some kind of dive school in their pipeline to be fully qualified
Green Berets do have a combat diving school in Key West, Florida. But most Green Berets never go there, only certain A-teams go through that training. And it is a 7-week course, nothing compared to BUD/S (24-weeks) and SQT (26-weeks).

well yea but all of buds isnt diving. they have a scuba and combat dive phase like every other dive school.

>well yea but all of buds isnt diving
A very large chunk of it is, and the parts that aren't are devoted to improving the candidate's overall water competency. A SEAL probably spends more time in water during just Hell Week alone than a Green Beret does during the entirety of his training. Even the "Land Warfare" phase of BUD/S involves a lot of swimming.

7 weeks of buds is diving. which is the same as every other dive school. as someone who has graduated a dive school i can assure you that surface swimming only improves someones confidence in the water so much

>Why is a Green Beret allowed to graduate BUDS without actually joining the navy?
In this case you would expect to be notified that your Green Beret is a Green Beret and not the naval occupational specialty class, as the Navy already has a formal policy against all military spouses serving their countries of citizenship without completing all the courses in order to become Green Beret. If I had joined the Navy immediately following graduation of my Green Beret coursework, there is no way that I would have been cleared to join the Green Beret training program. But what if I hadn't completed all the requisite Green Beret training so far? If I had not graduated from Army Military College, I could have remained on active duty as an Army green beret.

Nsw doesn't sent there guys to army jump school anymore.

Yeah, but you also have to account for all the additional dive training that takes place during SQT (SEAL Qualification Training), which lasts 26 weeks. And besides that, every single Navy SEAL has to go through extensive dive training just to become SEAL's. It's a core part of their initial training. Most Green Berets aren't going to ever through any dive training at all; some will, most will not.

Just like how most Navy SEAL's never learn a foreign language except at a very basic, tactical level, whereas Green Berets receive extensive schooling in a foreign language as part of their initial training. They are then required to keep expanding their knowledge of that language throughout their entire career in the Special Forces.

(Oct. 19, 2001) - Navy file photo of Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) graduating class 236. Navy SEAL Lieutenant Michael P. Murphy, 29, from Patchogue, NY is pictured on the far left side of the back row. Murphy was killed by enemy forces during a reconnaissance mission, Operation Red Wing, June 28, 2005, while leading a four-man team tasked with finding a key Taliban leader in the mountainous terrain near Asadabad, Afghanistan. The team came under fire from a much larger enemy force with superior tactical position. Murphy knowingly left his position of cover to get a clear signal in order to communicate with his headquarters and was mortally wounded while exposing himself to enemy fire. While being shot and shot at, Murphy provided his units location and requested immediate support for his element. He returned to his cover position to continue the fight until finally succumbing to his wounds.

yea man i agree with everything youre saying. my initial response was just that buds and sqt dont make someone an expert. all the additional training comes at the unit. i did several dive packages and im still not a "dive expert"

I can literally see an anchor on him. Stop being retarded

>Oct 2001
>90s aesthetics
Damn, how far we have fallen..

Why is a SEAL allowed to graduate Ranger School without joining the Army? We want all our secret squirrel types to be as effective as possible.

SEALs.
The only SOF members who can become SOF without ever being in a combat arm.

Look, another bunch of 20 year old POGs who will be tasked by idiot brass who saw too many movies to go screw up simple missions.

was this photo taken before army specical diving school was founded?

Based.

so it was like 2000?

Attached: file.png (457x484, 368K)