SHTF Firearms

Jow Forums I'm planning my shtf gear and I can't decide on the firearm to get. I'm looking at getting only one primary as my plan is not to hunker down & hoard supplies. I'm looking at the DDM4 V9, SR-25 E2, or the DSA SA58 18". I know the primary threat where I live (Big urban blue state metro) is going to other people however I'm having a hard time deciding on what rifle would fill the role that I need it to the best. Out of the 3 rifles which would you recommend?

Attached: 1548174955615.jpg (806x960, 62K)

please help Jow Forumsommandos

realistically, all three of those very high quality and will have approx the same functionality. regarding caliber, 223 and 5.56 arecheaper and lighter so dont go for an ar10 imo. just my two cents

Depends on availability and price of ammunition, and if those are issues for you. I like battle rifles, but they have some limitations. As do the smaller caliber 5.56 rifles. You could go with any one of those, just train with it heavily and stock up on ammo.

Personally, though, I would go with the SA58 because FAL's make me diamonds.

I really really really like that picture

Me too! Save it, it's all yours my friend :)

I hear you however my budget isn't small so I'm fine paying for quality/quantity. What keeps going through my head is that if I am going to shoot someone do I want over kill so that death would be assured (considering it's a shtf scenario) or use 5.56 and carry more ammo but less penetration. Especially being in an urban setting with lots of cover.

FAL's make me diamonds too fren. Idk why I'm being so indecisive.

>Pretending to be OP
Kek

Attached: DIAMONDS.webm (406x498, 1.94M)

I would opt for a 223 platform w/a barrel twist that would optimize heavier bullets to achieve the greatest ammo versatility. I would concentrate on the barrel/BCG for reliability and steer clear of heavy barrel profiles as ARs w/ heavy barrels become a real PITA

That bitch is measuring from the balls that doesn't count.

Wouldn't you want 5.56 if going for the greatest ammo variety?

same.
fucking.
thing.
nigger.

Attached: 1555540068513.jpg (650x655, 93K)

No it's not you fucking no gunz faggot.

Attached: 1552670881020.png (1024x690, 468K)

AK in 556 is the only thing you'll need.

>AK
>Fails mud test
yea no

No.

If your entire frame of judgement is a mud test, your logic is horribly flawed.

Attached: 1547079411520.jpg (480x455, 131K)

>If your entire frame of judgement is a mud test, your logic is horribly flawed.
So you're advocating for to get an unreliable firearm for when SHTF?

>AK
>unreliable
If it can survive Africa, it can survive anything.

Attached: 1555418161727.jpg (837x869, 106K)

Did she just swallow a pound of butter in one go?

Attached: concerned.jpg (641x530, 41K)

the sr 25 is a 10 lb rifle with nothing on it, fuck that.

Fal parts can be a bitch to find replacements for and if you are in the desert they hate sand.although a folding stock would make concealing it alot easier.

i'd go Daniel Defense because the bullets will be cheaper to practice with and can carry more for less weight.

maybe look at the lmt defender rifle as well.

Good points I'll go with the Daniel Defense in that case. What's a good barrel length for urban combat?

man you really haven't thought this through. read more

build your own AR you loser
$600 rifle + $1400 in spare parts >>>> $2000 rifle

Glock 17/19 and AR15

SR-25 E2

Attached: 7.62 NATO vs 5.56 NATO.jpg (1636x1357, 1.37M)

My belief is that most shooting in a SHTF scenario (assuming you're not a roaming looter) is going to be done from fixed positions against people trying to approach your building / barricade. Does that match actual documented scenarios?

I'm going to get my first bolt action today, I've decided on a Remington 700 Magpul Enhnaced in .308/7.62 - it has a 20 inch R5 rifled barrel, is this decent for $1k? No scope included. Any scope recommendations? Budget is around $300. So $1300, $1400 max altogether.

DSA SA58 because 7.62 is the best fucking caliber for all around use. Yes, it's heavy. Yes, it's less rounds in the mag. Yes, everyone has an AR.

But you will never be angry at how easily it penetrates cover or people.

I don't have time for that you fucking retard.

What about reliability? How does the SA58 hold up vs an AR platform (with the same caliber)?

It's fucking heavy, less accurate and less parts availability. Also only good Goys buy premade ars, they are too easy to put together yourself

>I don't have 2 hours
lol okay bugperson

her shit will literally be paste for days, that's absolutely disgusting

The thing about the AK failing a mud test isn't its strength, it's that despite loose tolerances leading to failure, it's verrrrry easy to disassemble and repair, and can utilize parts with very rudimentary machining (you can make a bolt out of a few nails and a welder) unlike an AR, which will do better in mud tests and function through more, but will require a lot more effort to repair.

Both have their strengths, I'm more AK but I def see why people love their Armalites.

I dont know what it's called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Attached: 220px-OICW_Posted_arm.jpg (220x122, 6K)

Attached: Bolter.jpg (283x179, 19K)