Thinking about becoming a contractor. Advice?

Thinking about becoming a contractor. Advice?
>four years as a Master At Arms
>Security Clerance
>Just got out the Navy a week ago
>Thinking about becoming a EMT
>Love guns, helping people, and traveling
>Planning on getting fit again
>recently single, no kids, young.

I think I could be a good fit for it. I just don't know where to start. It's good money and it gets me out of Flordia.

Attached: 1537903374976.jpg (1600x1015, 224K)

i have no experience in this kind of thing, but it seems like being a security contractor on a huge cargo tanker that goes through places like the gulf of aden and off the somali coast could be both comfy and may give you the chance to shoot at some of the last pirates left. If you were already in the navy it might be a good choice

Bump cus I want to as well

Not to mention, a lot of those ships pass through some dope ass cities. Maersk passes through Dubai sometimes.

Anymore people out there? I know some other anons are curious to

You checked common access cards and probably pulled over real sailors for driving 2 over the speed limit. Literally any contract job you do is more respectable. Regards, NSB KingsBay

No help here buts it's nice to see someone with experience asking and not some high schooler who just wants to get paid to shoot shit with no experience

So i am in the same RATE you were, im almost sure you cannot get a contracting job that is worth a shit through one of the defense contractors because MAs never deploy anymore. You may honestly be better off starting your own company or link up with a deploying force and get a reputation built up. If you did EP or Investigative you may actually be able to get a good job with DynCorp or Pinkerton, i am running between the 2 options of joining the french foreign legion or switching to the army for ranger.

T a current MA, not by choice. Currently in Bahrain :^/

So from my current research, the contracting industry is primarily word of mouth for the kind of security work you are looking for. If you go to academi and look at their "mobile security" job you will see that they are only pulling from top tier elite SOF groups.

This is primarily why i suggest you do your own company or you join an actively deploying force that isnt full of the political HORSE SHIT like the navy.

T same MA in bahrain

You also have to consider this. This is inside information circa the desert storm/persian gulf era, but they look/ed for

E5 or more
Combat experience

You also have to consider this. NOBODY WILL COME FOR YOU. If you come under fire there is no air support. If you get captured nobody is coming for you.

Remember you are not backed by a government, you are a mercenary, should you get captured, the US WILL NOT OWN YOU

Source: former special operations father offered to work for 120k year tax free by then blackwater.

T same former MA lol

No one wants you outside of some two bit mall security company, navy MP.

Sorry not former...2 years too soon lmao

I'll be damned. Waterfront or LA? We might have been in the same section lol.

Bubblehead, got pulled from Bangor. Now im stuck living the life in porkbarrel saint marys

It could be worse bro. You got all the bad bitches in your company.

Without high threat time in a combat arms MOS, enjoy those shitty as fuck static security contracts in Kuwait making maybe 70k.

Experience? MA's are just gate guards, they do literally nothing important. Mall cops do more exciting work than them.

I’m a contractor OP, your background and getting your EMT will help, loving travel is essential, no one gives a fuck if you like helping people, this job is all about money.

70k is fine with me starting off to be honest. It's a job and get me the fuck out here.

I'm fine with just about the money to. I guess if it helps I have Combat Man-hunting as a cert. I'm shit at this but is there companies I should start sending my resume to?

How old are you?

How old are you?

The major ones are Constellis, Gardaworld, SOC, and Aegis right now. DynCorp is still out there but they aren’t doing any armed stuff at the moment. Make sure your military stuff is the first thing they see on your resume.

Doing ASF with MAs makes me wanna kms. Fuck you and fuck MAs.

I'm just 23.

Got it. I really appreciate it man. Have a fine chick for your hard work.

Attached: 78754ece-27dd-461a-98ce-5081360248a5.jpg (612x704, 126K)

Thanks, not like I have the time or ability to meet any real ones in the sand trap I live in.

Got combat experience? Any cool guy schools? E-5 or above? Without combat experience and at least one of the other two, give it up. It's next to impossible to get a real contracting job as a regular ass infantryman with combat experience unless you've done multiple tours and are an NCO without having ranger or sniper school on top of it. If you were just a glorified MP with little operational experience, they're not interested.

My friends dad works for a Florida based contractor I don't know much but I was told he learned how to shoot out of car while driving how to drive blind folded and in reverse.

wear a go pro and do a flip.

Attached: 1553860201177.jpg (261x250, 11K)

If you're wanting to be an emt, enjoy getting paid shit, crazy shit, horny grandmas, crack heads, herculean diabetics, fighting the three aforementioned, and being the redheaded stepchild of emergency services. Be a travel nurse or something.
t.paramedic