Just as good™

>hOloSuNs r jUsT aS gOoD

what other gear is "just as good™" in the gun world?

Attached: holosuns.png (750x420, 84K)

Why dont you hot dog my wife's ass in her tight yoga pants?

PSA

Attached: PSA I made this.png (436x1380, 157K)

Czeched

Nobody says Holosun is "just as good" [as Aimpoint or EOTech], Satan. But they're "good enough" for 98% of gun owners.

There should be additional panels at the beginning showing original manufacturers selling to PSA.

I have listened to this product shit long enough.
The following conditions are what matters

Does it hold zero? =
Does it hold up to minor impact without breakage? =
When the thing lines up with the thing in the right way and the bullet goes where you intend it to, yes? =
Does it do what you want it to do? =

I havent forgotten, have you?

Attached: PSA2.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Ah yes, almost forgot

>Good Enough®

Everything is just as good, until its not.

U mad?

Attached: 20190505_201525.jpg (2966x1669, 2.42M)

RIA and Taurus 1911s

holosun isn't even inexpensive. they just don't have the military contract markup.

>when Justasgood goes too far and becomes better than the real thing

Attached: Smith-Wesson-MP-M.2.0-Compact.png (1280x720, 1.65M)

>150 dollars isn't inexpensive
ok poor

Based and M&P pilled.

Attached: Superior in Every Way.jpg (500x500, 19K)

The question is, what other company offers an eotech style reticle in a small t1 size optic?

Why would I be mad at a cuckboi like yourself?

for a fucking red dot, 150 is practically the median price.

Pretty much. Holosun is fine for civilians prepping for SHTF and frankly would probably be fine for the vast majority of grunts, too. It’s like Wusthof knives - Jiro may need one when he’s cutting up a puffer fish, but you don’t need one and neither does the short order cook at Frank’s Diner down the street. Being realistic here, everyone on Jow Forums would do fine with what Steve Jobs used to call a “90-90 product” - something that works well for 90% of the people in 90% of the situations it might ever be used in. You don’t really need anything more, except to LARP as an operator operating operationally, which you’re really not.

Yes, why don't I?

You better post pics.

Lmao

Ad the FNS models to these posts. Better than glawk and i carry a glawk.

Good Enough© is legit while Just as good™ is fake expert territory

They are good but i switched mine out for a glock 45 after about 3k rounds or so. Maybe a full size 5 inch in the future

Hear hear

Holosun has a circle dot like EOTech and an ACSS
Primary Arms has the ACSS
Uhmm there are others but I'm lazy

Also Holosun, unlike Aimpoint or EOTech, has auto-on, auto-off and solar power.

Are you like some kind of autist or something? Aside from literal toy optics the TRS-25 is the most bottom basement optic worth using on a gun and it's about $50. $50 is cheap. 3x $50 isn't that cheap, but it's still way cheaper than even an Aimpoint PRO, let alone a T1 (or a T2).

$150 buys you a brand new Taurus G2C, or a case of ammo, or 50 gallons of gas or two months of electricity. It's not insignificant even if it's not expensive.

Attached: Holosun-HS503GU-Red-Dot-2.jpg (1250x1083, 423K)

wtf burt is being based?

Just as good makes sense for someone who doesn't appreciate or understand the difference. I don't even mean that in a condescending way whatsoever. My father is completely happy with his 500 dollar savage 308 and a 200 dollar bushnel scope. He can hit a deer brisket every time at 200 yards and plink beer cans, which is all he wants from the rifle. My x bolt pro carbon and trijicon accumark cost about 2500 usd yet I do the exact same thing as him. I'm not doing anything with that more expensive equipment that hes not doing. In that sense in the context of what we're doing his equipment is just as good.

>Are you like some kind of autist or something?
150 dollars is simply not expensive for a firearm optic.

ACSS is fucking garbage.

Neither he nor I said Holosun was expensive though.

Are you one of these people who, if someone doesn't agree 100% with your point, has to invent for them an argument sufficiently different from your own to be able to demonize the other person?

Ok

It happens from time to time

Attached: holo.jpg (1400x933, 216K)

PSA makes good stuff for a good price, Primary Arms fixed power scopes, Stream light instead of surefire.

>Neither he nor I said Holosun was expensive though.
He said it wasn't inexpensive. Inexpensive is the opposite of expensive. Come on Burt, don't be an idiot. Do you even understand what the argument is before you butt into it, or do you just like to go in blind?
>Are you one of these people who, if someone doesn't agree 100% with your point, has to invent for them an argument sufficiently different from your own to be able to demonize the other person?
Rich coming from the guy who came in from nowhere to address me with
>Are you like some kind of autist or something?

What the fuck is it with boomers and taking up hobbies to show how much money they can blow?
I get it, there are things you get for the money with a Trijicon over a Holosun or an LMT over a PSA. That much is obvious.
But the entire rhetoric of "if you cant afford a SCAR with $4000 glass you shouldnt even be shooting in the first place" reeks of boomer. Look at other boomer hobbies: classic cars, golf, etc. All pissing contests.

Attached: 1553727574139.jpg (246x275, 31K)

>MUH POORFAGS XD FLEX ON THE POORS LOL SUBHUMANS BUY MORE MONEY LEL
Do people seriously buy luxury shit for the sole purpose of making other people jealous or is it just a meme?

Just as good as a Sig Romeo4.
Literally made in the same factory.

Jow Forums is loaded with a few mouthy, obnoxious fake faggots with fragile self esteem, obviously they're going to circle jerk and dick measure over their ability to waste money.
There's a trip who had a gucci'd out SCAR and lo and behold, the rest of his life was lived at absolute poverty levels drinking bottled water and eating ramen so that he could afford to "DAB ON POORFAGS".
Anyone on here should own what they want that's reasonably affordable within their budgets and ignore the absolute retardation that is posted on here.
>Fufufu I only shoot at the bench rest range but muh night force is used by SOF!
One of the absolute worst memes to ever take root in this place was the notion that if you're not burning benjamins you're not doing it right. There's more to life than fucking guns and gun accessories.

That's what happens when you're completely devoid of personality

The magazine price spike?

Wusthorf is basic bitch, peasant. It was literally my first knIfe.

There are multiple people on this board who do just that. /arg/ is chock full of them. Go to any SCAR thread and this one mentally ill motherfucker will post the same picture of his pristine collection every single time like clockwork and call you a mad poorfag for calling him on it.
>It's impossible to happy unless you can burn money like me!
literal mental illness.

Comparing a optic you might need to count on with your life one day with an iPad is the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

holosun is fine ,but their mounts are garbage.

It;s great that that battery lasts 50k hours, too bad I've had two that broke their mounts before the first battery expired. Also, their warranty policy is trash.

There are geerqueer tripfags with 30k in guns, NF optics, night vision, body armor, and tactical dragon dildos who LARP every weekend and genuinely condescend to those who can't afford or choose not to engage in the hobby at that level.

I've been a poorfag gun enthusiast most of my life and only really started spending a lot of money in the hobby three years ago. I can tell you now there's nothing wrong with blowing money on funs and toys and shit but being an elitist is just a shitty personality trait.

>There's more to life than fucking guns and gun accessories.

But guns aren't mean to me

My QD mount has been fine.

Honestly the 507 is better than an RMR

>Inexpensive is the opposite of expensive.
Except it's not, it just means "not expensive."

There's middle ground between the two words, that's the crux of this conversation, and why from the outset your very first post was attackable. Just because word b is not word a, doesn't make word b the antithesis of word a. Something can be inexpensive without being derogatorily cheap, just like something can be expensive without being insultingly overpriced. And perspective throws another wrench in the works, making the line even less defined.

Now this is all highly pedantic and autistic.

Attached: inexpensive.jpg (621x278, 25K)

You just argue to argue. Do you even consider the words you say having any meaning? Jesus Christ, this is sad.

how long have you had it? have you had to replace the battery yet? not one of my bases has lasted longer than a battery so far.

Ok

Not this guy again.

Don't the batteries last over 5 years?

yes. the bases last about 2 years with regular use, in my experience.

About 11 months, 1 battery. It comes on and off a few rifles so it's worn off most of the anodizing, but the QD still locks up tight.

$50 Chinese abominations don't count.

I love when faggot wanna-bes buy RIA and think they have a nice 1911 when in reality they have an iron brick

Not if you have the brightness up with the circle dot. Lasts more like 8500 hours. Power consumption goes up quickly, though to be fair the jianping cell it comes with probably sucks.

holosuns have a motion activates auto off/on . so they have a very long battery life, even if you leave then "on".

the bases are going to fail long before the first or second battery for almost all users.

>n-no you!

Have you not seen old white woman and how modern blacks emulate them? They leave the tags on their clothing and accessories to show exactly how much they spent on the garbage they are wearing.

True, but I disabled it and battery life is measured in power on time regardless.

does not change the fact that the base is going to fail under normal light use.

one may say its...just as good™?

haha except its not

ah, the ole "count on it with yur life!!!" fatasy

>solar power
Could you imagine actually falling for this gimmick?

Attached: rednick.jpg (1024x1325, 169K)

Doesn't change the fact that mine hasn't.

after 11 months, tell me how you feel about that in a year.

Ok.

Do you guys think UTG mounts are just as good?

CZs "r jUsT aS gOoD" as a real handgun I hear sometimes on here

seems like a backwards comparison. should be asking if other handguns are as good as a CZ.

>unsecured trip
If I wasnt being a phone fag I'd rape that trip

Found another CIDF

>gimmick
I guess it kinda is, but at the same time Holosun gets the same 50,000 hours run time as Aimpoint without Aimpoint's advanced electronics and proprietary diodes. And Holosun 407/507/508 pistol optics FUKKEN CREAM the competition with orders of magnitude more battery life than the competition; 100,000 hours compared to most which are under 1,000 hours with RMRs being roughly 30,000 hours. It's not even close there.

So clearly there's something to either the solar panel, or the automation, or both.

Attached: choppa.jpg (2400x1600, 1.36M)

I just wish Holosuns pistol optics werent 1. trashed with their ugly branding and 2. had a slimmer fit and finish.

My buddy is a rich kid, nice guy but more money common sense.
So im trying to steer him into getting a desert eagle .50. Full fucking meme gun, gold tiger stripe, the extended barrel the works.
Nice guy tho, gave me a 100 box of 5.56 the orher day out of the blue.

Yeah the branding is really annoying. Even the Elite titanium ones which are blacked out have those deep af huge banners.

Attached: holoshine.jpg (1800x1200, 808K)

If they also had a warranty similar to Primary Arms it would be a no brainer. sadly ,their warranty is a tribute to the garbage can and the optics last just long enough to outlive the warranty obligations.

I saw that, damn shame. Its like their design team has downs

How do you like that Scalarworks mount? I was searching for a mount for my MRO and almost went with Scalarworks, but then found the new UTG Leapers mount for $20, so i figured I would give it a shot. Saved myself $130 on a piece of metal. Pic related

Attached: leapers.png (1226x828, 484K)

I was thinking about going with a Vortex or Holosun on a Mark IV to play around with.
Any recommendations on one over the other?

Huh? My Holosun is running pretty good on my G17, why would there be any issue? Really like the fact it fits into the RMR recess on the slide instead of having to buy some bullshit adapter also

>two months of electricity.
My electric bill is ~$700 a month in the summer time.

I recently bought a Nikon Spur for my Mark IV and love it so far. Got it for just under $200 and it seems like a pretty decent reflex dot.

Attached: Ruger4.jpg (480x640, 71K)

I'll buy those irons from you.

either you're getting ripped off or you're using a shit load of electricity unnecessarily.

Attached: 1541899745070.jpg (750x602, 70K)

Why?

>holosun makes a MRDS now
neato. how are they?

Thanks. I'll look into it.
I'm wanting to try it out on the Mark IV since it already has a rail to see how much I like shooting the red dot over irons before I go do anything crazy with any of my other pistols.

Dont mind the meme mount, put it on for shits and gigs.

best of luck to you friendo and god bless

Attached: Ruger6.jpg (640x480, 68K)

Jesus Dude what the fuck could you possibly be doing?

You’re getting fucked mate.

When I was on my own in the city my bills were only about $30 for electricity use + Plus utilities so about $100 a month.

Even out in the rural area my bill (considering multiple people living in one house) is only 200 dollars and that’s with a well and all.

What are you doing mate? Mining crypto?

5000 sqft house in AZ. Got two AC units+pool

Taurus sells 3-4x more hand guns than all other manufacturers.

Try investing in a heat pump. They're a pain to install, but will save you buckets of money.

>AZ
You have no excuse to not get solar panels

Depressingly true. Every time I go to Academy, it's always a Taurus when they do a gun walk-out.

Vortex sometimes.

A lot of the competition's lenses are less green than Holosun so that's a plus to Vortex (well, depending on which one, the old Razor is pretty green and the Viper is about equal to Holosun).

Vortex's warranty is the best in the business, along with Burris and Leupold. So apart from Trijicon who has the toughness (but crap everything else) and Holosun who has the battery life and features (but crap warranty), those companies get my vote.

I think the LEAP is one of the best mounts made, and it's without challenge as the lightest QD mount. I keep looking for excuses to buy more Scalarworks but I haven't built a new rifle in a long time and I love my Bobros. Scalarworks makes very nice stuff, but it's priced accordingly.

Pretty great, the lenses are only about half as green and only about 1/3 as distorted as RMRs, but they're not as clear or distortion free as Deltapoints. Much more battery life than an RMR, auto-on and auto-off, solar power, half the price, same footprint as RMR, and very nearly as tough as an RMR. They even make a $200 one with just the dot instead of the EOTech donut.

The only downside to Holosun is the warranty imo, they don't stand behind their products for very long or with much tenacity. Unlike Leupold, Burris and Vortex.

I run a full time machine shop in my garage and I use half of that.

genuinely too cluttered for the 1x and 2x optics it frequents.

you dont need """wind drift""" for reflex sights, thats retarded.

Oops forgot pic

Attached: holo rmr.jpg (2000x1333, 406K)