Is it possible to take a barrel on a fine revolver like the Smith & Wesson 627 (with the v-compensator) and have a gun...

Is it possible to take a barrel on a fine revolver like the Smith & Wesson 627 (with the v-compensator) and have a gun smith shorten the factory 5" barrel down to 4 inches?

This is important.

Attached: vcomp.jpg (500x500, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/52370
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah.

yes depending on what kind of barrel it is. modern smith barrels are liners with a shroud as a two piece. some require a tensioner, but others are a more traditional two piece barrel.

Please tell me why you would do this unironically

Anything is possible, but fucking why?

I'd like the 627 because of it's capacity of 8 instead of the capacity of 6 found on other 357's in Smith's lineup, and I'm worried about the continued functionality of the compensator after such an operation, but I just don't like a long barrel length. Four inches would probably be better for me based on experience.

Just take 150 rounds to the range so you can end on a full cylinder with a 6 shooter user.

you can get a 4 inch 686+ with 7 shots and get a ported cylinder. that's a much better option for what you want to do. smaller and more usable

Nigger it is one inch, ONE FUCKING INCH.

WHY?

Are you that fucking retard user? What a waste of money, kill yourself. I hope the smith that you take that to laughs in your face like he should.

>ported cylinder
I meant ported barrel

Pls be nice.

Attached: sad2.jpg (958x553, 147K)

he's right though

Why wouldn't you just get this?
>budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/52370
You do realize that you would have to cut it, remount the front sight, recrown the barrel, treat the cut metal, and then thread for the compensator? Too much fucking work.
As a full disclosure, I'm not sure how the comp physically attaches so there may be more or less steps.

Attached: Untitled.png (221x197, 89K)

Interdasting.

I'm just here for some advice, you smelly vagina.

It’s retarded man, I have ideas like this all the time but then once I really think about them and research the idea I realize it’s stupid. And this is fucking stupid. I mean it’s one thing to do something like buy a longer barrel for your shotgun to help with duck hunting or spending another $150 on a good threaded barrel but this is actually retarded. It won’t make any difference and is a waste of cash mullah babyyy

look for a used 327PD

Just get this gun and get it magnaported you faggot.

>budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/52370
does it come in black?

Oh my god you FUCKING NOGUNS JESUS CHRIST WHO CARES

Like the type that will demand a refund because they found a blemish on their upper underneath where the dust cover lays

Does it change the functionality or otherwise diminish its use? No? Then WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER

stop being a Gucci operator gotta look cool for the camera and have nice shiny cool gun yea yea you fucking faggot

>stop being a Gucci operator gotta look cool
BITCH LOOKING GOOD IS HALF THE BATTLE

Attached: 1468410098808.jpg (1199x444, 111K)

Either look it up or cerakote it. Jesus, kids these days. You care more about the look than the weight, functionality, or literally anything else that would actually matter?

You have the big gay. Just get a normal revolver and stop trying to be a unique cool snowflake.

This^ literally just cerakote it, it’s a way better use of the money than chopping the barrel. You’ll practically never have to oil the outside or worry about rust outside of the cylinders and barrel again

Gunsmith here, yes this is possible but it'd likely be easier to just buy one already CLOSE to how you like it nut needing things added as opposed to taken away.

Jesus fuck just get an R8 you nigger

>in before nigger complains about the price.

Might be cheaper to call Smith's custom shop and get a quote than modify a stock gun.

>Pls be nice.
>you smelly vagina.
Consider suicide

Attached: S&W 586Lcomp Perf.jpg (640x480, 79K)

Just buy a CZ op, not this trash

I can't imagine why you'd want to put your expensive revolver through such an extensive modification process just to eliminate 1-inch of barrel length. This isn't a type of gun that you'd ever actually conceal-carry, so the barrel length doesn't need to be shortened. A 5-inch barrel is fine.