How does 3rd world special forces training and abilities compare to American (and other 1st world nations) regular...

How does 3rd world special forces training and abilities compare to American (and other 1st world nations) regular infantry?

Attached: 3f56a572dfbad9a26513e70624736439.jpg (1000x742, 133K)

Go back to pol, mohel.

im genuinely curious, does a stricter selection process, what i assume would be more grueling training, and probably higher morale make up for inferior pr outdated equipment? and so on

>How does 3rd world special forces training and abilities compare to American (and other 1st world nations) regular infantry?
They are often trained by American SF, which is what SF was intended to do, or the shithole will send an officer to a foreign school (ranger, q course, etc.) if they are looking to build a program. In many cases such as Rwanda and Columbia they get the experience of having to constantly fight insurgents so they get pretty good. It has been argued that Rwanda should be teaching western countries on how to fight insurgencies because they are so fucking good at it.

Why is it that non liberal democratic special forces do weird shit to prove how tough they are? Pic related is a Russian exibition where special forces hit eachother with sledge hammers. Norks kick eachother in the stomach topless and do backflips and shit. Indian Para apprently do a 100km run which would probably destory the cartilage in their knees for little gain.

Attached: spetsnaz.jpg (480x360, 42K)

Art of war. When you're strong, feign weakness. When you're weak, feign strength. Notice that the Soviet-era Spetsnaz never did that kind of thing.....they didn't need to.

It depends. They either have their own curriculum or they get western allies to train their SF, and develop a curriculum based on what they learned and from combat experience. I'd assume some 3rd world SF have better training than your regular grunt, since as their name implies, they are "specialized" in doing a certain type of warfare.

Attached: Resistance fighters posing for a group pic right before their mission to infiltrate and destroy a T- (960x716, 197K)

This. On a per-person basis, I’d imagine there a some third-world SF that are on par with their western counterparts due to vast amounts of allied training. They’d still be lacking in overall capability due to their country’s lower budgets, however.

this sums it up pretty good.

You never hear about anybody in europe who is in the special forces....neither would you know who is KSK, GSG9, SAS, GIGN or anything else.

Attached: Rummelsnuff.jpg (255x356, 38K)

SF's mission is not to raise special forces though. Their mission is to go in and train them to a basic level of American soldiery. The issue then is that the newly raised unit lacks strong, capable NCO leadership, which segues into SF's next major mission -- to lead them into battle. The genesis of SF was actually in Vietnam where they went back behind enemy lines and trained up guerrillas to harass and fight the enemy from within the local population. The extension of this mission in modern times is providing leadership to other countries' actual militaries. SF has this image of being bad ass warfighters, which they are, but the mission that forms the core of the unit's purpose makes them something along the lines of highly trained drill sergeants, very roughly speaking.

i never actually thought of it from that angle, how alot of US allied nations have their special forces trained by US personnel. Thoigh i always thought thst was more for diplomatic reasons over actually making good soldiers

Man to man it may be comparable. But modern Door-kicking SAS style SF are very dependent on technology for success so third world can't compare as a force.

Leaf here, JTF2 (Canadian SAS style SF) is thought of as one of the best in the world, but I doubt we would have that reputation backed up without us piggybacking on the resources of US SOCOM.

Attached: Photo0100.jpg (960x1280, 470K)

Continued budget for training is also an issue.

>Leaf here, JTF2 (Canadian SAS style SF) is thought of as one of the best in the world
not according to shrek, which caused massive canadian butthurt

If trained by the UK/US? Probably somewhat competent (relatively speaking), likely somewhat decent at their specific taskings, but would probably have a hard fight in a convential battle against experienced infanteers from either nation, who have far more scope and budget for training, doctrine and battlefield experience.

If not trained by any NATO partner, probably meme tier. Might have better kit than their average squaddie, and will have more training, but without any serious playbook to go off of they resort to doing meme cool guy shit and ridiculously stupid 'tough guy' tests that dont actually improve their operational effectiveness, and would likely get their shit pushed in by any major NATO nations infantry.

T. Good made is in 21 SAS and gets sent abroad to train these types of people, with sometimes hilarious results.

Western SF are glorified door kickers, 3rd world SF can fight in their locale and work with less without being geared up to the teeth

Most 3rd world SF were organized to handle insurgencies and don't shit the bed compared to better equipped Western counterparts since they're used to be independent

Chief Petty Officer Dumbo would cry and call for air support when the shooting begins while his 3rd world SF counterpart would just duke it out or fuck off

Gib stories from SAS friend

I think you are confusing special forces with the green berets. Because thats what the green berets do.
We have other units more tailored to do different mission sets than training insurgents.
Hence the 'special' in special forces

>stricter selection process
>grueling training
>higher morale
Why do you think any of this is true for third world countries?

3rd world SF die in droves

this,3rd world SF are absolute savages just google "Iraqi Special Forces biting the heads off live puppies"

Ive seen that video its bunnies not puppies but even so it links back to Why the fuck do they do this? does it help at all with combat effectivness?

This

No. Special Forces specifically refers to the Green Berets. It's literally the name of the unit. You're confusing SF with Special Operations units.

>I think you are confusing special forces with the green berets.

>The United States Army Special Forces, colloquially known as the Green Berets due to their distinctive service headgear, are a special operations force of the United States Army

Trying to remember all the details, but heres one:
> be friend
> FTRS at 21 (basically a full time soldier but still technically a reservist)
> been to a few countries training with other nations SF, had some good times
> gets option to go to X country in africa and help train their new SF unit with some of the blokes
> fuck yeah cunt lets do it

A few weeks later...
> arrive in shithole country that we will call Darkistan, few days of briefs, all the usual shit admin
> first introduction to this new Darkistani SF unit at their barracks
> literally no welcoming party, NCO/officer to meet them or anything
> Darkistanis in various mismatched kit bumming around the place, stag on the gate didnt even have a mag on and was half asleep in a chair
> half of them look high as fuck, malnourished as fuck or both
> finally meets the OC, a colonel I think
> "yes yes, you train them to be like Navy SEAL yes?"
> friend explains how they normally go about training, building up basic skills etc
> "no no no, we can do this, we do this. I want THIS (motions to shitty dvd of Act of Valour or something)
> friend literally wuts
> turns out this colonel only got the job because the government was massively corrupt so he watched a load of movies to learn about 'SF stuff' and would constantly reference them
> brit officer in charge of 21 contigent calmly explains the training programme again
> colonel insists
> brit officer asks up the chain
> response given is 'its their time and money, not ours' or something to that effect
Herewego.jpg

1/2

> a few days go by of back and forth about how to handle this
> manage to get a few days in of basic infanteering just to see what theyre like
> absolute shit state
> no commonality of weapons, some have G3s, some have AKs etc
> most of their kit looks like airsoft shit made in taiwan for 50p
> no coordination whatsoever
> Darkistani army cant afford blank rounds so they always use live ammunition (also because the colonel heard thats what the SAS do)
> 21 instructors will teach them one thing and they will do the opposite
> during midday scoff some will disappear and come back high as fuck
> again, brit officer inquires up the chain and again gets a political 'we cant do anything' response
This continues for some time...
> darkistani colonel has obsession with OBUA, despite Darkistan being 99.999% rural flatlands and mountains, alongside the fact his troops cant even conduct an effective section attack between them
> instructors relent and decide to teach them the billy basics of clearing buildings
> further shenanigans ensue as well as multiple close calls where Darkistanis would confuse live grenades with dummy grenades and would accidentally put on a mag of live rounds during a dry run and blat holes through the building
> colonel annoyed it isnt SF enough and insists on being taught how to rappel using one of the countries 3 working helicopters from the 1980s

2/3

> instructors flat out refuse as it would be deadly for all involved
> gets massively heated and colonel threatens 21 lads along the lines of 'youre in my country, you do what I want or bad stuff happens'
> all gets sorted out and 21 blokes get sent home, to their relief
> a week later they hear that the colonel attempted to rappel from a helicopter, fell and shattered both his legs and his pelvis
> entire event is never talked about again and much more thorough vetting is done of future training opportunities on the dark continent

They later found out that the only requirement to join this new SF unit was to be loyal to the government, able to hold a rifle and passing the snake pit challenge, whereby a candidate would be placed in essentially a 6 foot deep grave with a poisonous snake and had to last 5 minutes or kill it. Obviously most of them ended up getting bitten.

Good fucking god

Attached: 2E9D4243-B646-476C-A3E3-44E4E01B10C4.jpg (700x1042, 105K)

Have you seen BOPE or other south american police forces fighting criminals in urban setting on favelas? the reality is that the rest of the world may train and use fancy technology as much as they want, but these people learned on the ground fighting in near death scenarios without any air support to clear things for them, south american armies are useless without any force, their power is on the police forces

Apparently that was by far the worst experience. Most other nations, even other african nations like Kenya have some semblance of military proficiency, but this was just comical.

He says GROM is awesome though, both in their quality as well as their ability to go on the smash.

>> a week later they hear that the colonel attempted to rappel from a helicopter, fell and shattered both his legs and his pelvis
Based.

Damn that's pretty cool. Did he ever work with the pakistani SF(SSG/BAT?)

So to actually be on topic I had a unique opportunity where I pulled security at an international SF training location, and have done a bunch of international training working with foreign sf.
>Iraqi sf, the guys getting trained were literally lol tier and had the machismo but no work ethic or talent. 12 dudes circle jerking around a bench press putting up a single rep of 130lbs. Operational Iraqi sf I saw in country were competent
>Georgian SF, fucking beasts that i would consider better than us green berets at 10 level (that's individual soldier skills) tasks. They could clear a building and do crazy shooting you'd expect from john wick. However, they really lacked extended operational discipline- unable to stay awake at an OP, unable to identify vehicles, poor at adjusting idf. It was really obvious they were highly specialized, and from a US perspective didn't make sense how they could be so top tier at certain tasks, but lousy at others.
>Latvian sf- same deal, but less amazing. They were g2g and I'd rate them as a better ranger squad.
>Afghan sf- don't know if this is wholistic, their team was all the same tribe. They knew each other since being kids and were highly motivated, not the most competent but made up for it with heart- really rare for the middle east
>turkey, average to us grunt
>cont

>Jordanian/saudi- all show, only cared if their boss came around. Random bouts of motivation from Jordanians, but would be done by 1400. Saudi were absolute shit, thought they already knew everything and didn't need to prove it. Jordanians at least had the pride of their king being in the military and related themselves to living up to his Majesty's expectations on occasion.
>Norway, guy I worked with was a genius and pt monster despite looking like a normal dude. Weighed 150lbs dead lifting 480lbs+ for reps. His team was shit hot at everything and motivated as fuck, while still being bros with a sense of humor and normal off duty.

Haven't worked in depth many western sf now that I start to list them out. Only jabbered and bullshitted with UK and Australians. Cool guys but don't have any operational experience with them.