Are they any career military here on k?

Are they any career military here on k?

Branch:
Years Active:

Stories, experiences, advice?

Attached: 1552275827708.jpg (858x821, 359K)

Branch: Shill division
Years Active: 2016-

T-14 and Su-57 stronk

Branch : Army
Years active: 2008 to present

I served as an 11B for 3 years in the Ranger Regiment after basic training, after multiple deployments, schools and stress I decided to quit and headed on my last year to the 82nd. After that I went to my states National Guard and they gave me my SGT and also the opportunity to attend Ranger School (very difficult to do in the Guard but not impossible) then after 4 years of nasty guard service I went to the Army Reserve and served in Civil Affairs attached to a medical detachment for two years. I left and went back to the line since they never reclassed me and I was itching to go back into the grunt life. Stories ?? too many...experiences? tons. Ill share here and there on Jow Forums and will answer questions reasonably and without doxing myself since I'm still in. Advice? Not everyone is cut for the military and that's okay. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise but if you really want to enlist, join combat arms then reclass or don't join at all.

Proof with timestamp buddy

>join combat arms then reclass or don't join at all.
why? the faggots on /meg/ have been saying combat jobs are a waste these days and noncombat jobs are where it's at until the next war starts up. ive been wanting to join as either infantry or cav but they say ill be a janitor

probably fewer mil people here than gun owners and not too many of those either

This is true. Peacetime infantry gigs are a waste of time. Yeah you get to run in the desert, blow shit up then deploy and fuck Thai hookers. But there is no fun to be had.

Because wether its peacetime or not the training and knowledge is still valuable and you will learn to be a real fucking soldier rather than a paper pushing pog. The advantage of peace time is you'll get better training since there will be more time for schools, something that's hard to do during heavy rotations.

>Paper pushing pog
At least pogs get to do what they trained for in peacetime instead of playing pretend.

I'm at my civilian job right now unfortunately but I'm sure if you ask the key questions you'll know this isnt a larp. For example....

Ranger Joe's at Benning is a fucking overpriced shit hole
Beef Stew and Tuna MREs are the MVPs
RIs will wake you the fuck up with snakes during the mountain phase
My credit is only 580

You're absolutely right, I do give them that since I was a pog myself for two years. I wouldn't call it pretend whatsoever but rather training for when you actually have to do your job..or will you say the same thing about 68 series training wise?

Elbow mac is where it's at
Also who the fuck thought it'd be a good idea to make the buffalo chicken with no heaters?

UK
Army
2003-2007

Terrible experience but wouldn't trade it for the world.

Buffalo chicken has no heaters??? I never noticed or knew that nor heard anyone say that. Now I'm tempted into grabbing one next time just to look at it. Chili Mac is okay but it fucks up with my stomach desu.

USMC 2017-Current
Combat Engineer

Honestly I love my mos most of the time, its interesting and I recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about what they want to do. Dont go to the MLG though, it's where careers go to die

Attached: 1547521741898.png (718x703, 681K)

What did you do with that little guy?

>Country: Saudi Arabia
>Branch: Air Force
>Years Active: 2010 - now

F-15 pilot, completed multiple combat operations

>F-15 pilot
As long as its not a 767

Whatch out for R-27s user

whys the ranger process like for officers? How does somebody from OCS get a chance at RASP? What if I get an MOS thats not ranger related or combat arms , could I in theory transition to infantry before or after RASP?

Well, RASP is organized in two training classes, one for NCOs and Officers and the other for joes. Remember, the regiment has other MOSs that are ranger qualified and also have gone through RASP they are not all limited to just 11 series..now to comission? well if you go through the OCS portion then you gotta first and foremost have it on your contract to attend OSUT first , then instead of a duty station then youd head to OCS , after OCS if you excelled and are not a complete piece of shit you can either A. Get in touch with a bat recruiter or B. Have the option on your contract. If you have it on your contract you will first attend infantry BLOC, if you excell at infantry bloc then you'll attend airborne school right before attending Ranger school, after Ranger school you'll be given the chance to attend RASP 2 for NCO and Officers, once you pass RASP you'll have the opportunity to get an assignment in bat or maybe get slotted in either the 82nd or 10th Mnt because at the end of the day..the needs of the army. Now, that was back when I was in regiment nowadays because of peacetime they'll more than likely keep you and accept you in the regiment since they're in dire need of officers. Now, if you get an MOS that's not infantry related you could potentially try to first attend ranger school then throw your name and packet to one of the recruiting batallions and see if they'll accept you for RASP 2. Usually the non combat MOSs are reserved for cadets from the big military academies (Virginita, Valley Forge , West Point etc) that are high speed and excelled during their MOSs BLOCs, more than likely they would never ever take anyone that has done such transition since in order to be a PL you gotta be high speed and mature enough to finish ranger school without any prior military experience. Your best bet would be to literally start by heading to infantry OSUT and then OCS with RASP airborne and ranger school in your contract.

>Country: USA
>Branch: Navy
>Years Active: 2015 to present

Submariner on a 688I

bullshit

USA
Army
04-08
The advantage to going combat arms is the invasion. If you are a pog and we go to war you'll be a pog for the invasion and by the time you reclass the real fun will be over. I missed the invasion of Iraq by two years and I regret it. If I would have enlisted earlier I would have been there...I was 11b. Don't regret it, would do again if I could go back, but yeah it still sucked

Branch: 69th Cobblestone Corps
Years Active: birth to present

Got "veterans discounts" from businesses.
Paraded around town in ACUs, a ponytail, and a minecraft t-shirt.
Got respect.

Branch: Postal Service
Years Active: 1975-present

FACT: Obama is a Kenyan Muslim terrorist
FACT: Liberals can file a complaint with my toe hairs
FACT: Adam and EVE not Steve
FACT: I carry a 45 because they dont make a 46
FACT: You need to get a job, a firm handshake will help you millenial crybaby

You absolute pog boot

>Liberals can file a complaint with my toe hairs
What’s their address I’m about to send them my hate mail

Swear to god, I've never gotten one in it.
Chili Mac is pretty good though

This nigga is in 29 aren't you

1-800-UP-YOUR-ASS

Just a random photo I had, I cant get any of my actual 29 palms photos to load cause of a photo size. We did catch a lot of lizards though

Cell block 7 or mwss?
Cause if it's the former I probably know you lol

US Army. 20+ years. The memes are real. AMA.

>I decided to quit and headed on my last year to the 82nd.

I know what that's code for, lol.

lol

Branch: Army 12b/ Marin 6114
Years Active: 1 army/ 5 marine
2013-

Checked
Officer or enlisted

As long as the milfags are all in one place: How's your branch of service doing? Is it healthy? Muddling through? Falling apart for lack of heterosexual male native-born Americans who give a fuck?

>2016 -

Breh that's hardly career.

USA
Army Airborne Infantry
6 years

Yeah, wait till boogaloo 2 starts, let the welfare recipients die off like they always do, tack on to year 2 expansion pack with the rest of the ACTUAL A type Patriots.

Should be pretty fun at that point.

I'm leaving until then.

Cute.
Eh. Mostly and nah
In that order.

Enlisted.

>How's your branch of service doing?
It's all going according to plan.

Attached: absolutely subversive.jpg (640x360, 58K)

Cell block 8, was there for itx last may

Attached: 20180514_193916.jpg (2576x1932, 953K)

Branch: Army
Years active: 6

Dont join the army, especially infantry. There is way to many retards who mortgage a 70k truck, it shouldn't be real but it is. Go Navy or Airforce, or do medic ffs.

Ah shit I came out with you guys tryna fly drones for a bit lol

Branch: USAF 1C6 Space Systems Operations
2017-present
I have a guaranteed good job post enlistment but I wanna commission and do 20 AMA

I wanted Space Systems Operations but my recruiter made me take the DLAB to try for Airborne Linguist. I scored 141 and my recruiter's boss basically said "your dream sheet is only going to have 1 job on it and that's going to be 1A8X1" Will never not wonder "what if" honestly.
Is Space Systems as cool as I thought it was gonna be? Also where did you end up?