Is there a single piece of equipment which is actually shared between most (if not all) of NATO members?

Is there a single piece of equipment which is actually shared between most (if not all) of NATO members?

Attached: 1557524253159.jpg (1693x952, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iso-group.com/nsn-search/Search-NSN-Parts-Database/Search-By-NSN
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standardization_Agreement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The guys who wanted the F-35 got fired due to some political shit, apparently.

As for shared equipment, 5.56 and STANAGs maybe? The mags aren't universal, and the French units that are still using the FAMAS use steel-case 5.56 apparently, but otherwise, there's pretty wide adoption.

>5.56 and STANAGs maybe?

FAMAS uses different ammo

G36 uses a different mag

Just the two I can think of off the top of my head. There are some NATO members that are still using AK's IIRC.

The M-113 was used by pretty much everyone in NATO at one time or another. Leopard 2 is the MBT of choice outside of Italy,US,UK and France. Other than that I can't think of much- NATO didn't standardize on gear to the degree that WARPAC did.

I mean, the Brits, Italians, Americans, Canadians, and at least a few others use STANAG. The FAMAS uses different mags and ammo, but the French are adopting the 416, which can use STANAGs.

fucking germany doesn't chip in their money cos daddy america has been defending them for 70 years, instead of having a military they'd rather give america the finger expecting them to defend them indefinitely.

seriously, kudos to germany for making amends with the nazi shit they did in WW2, but wtf are they doing now? refugees and EU, killed of their military..

>the French are adopting the 416

Whatever. They've been saying that for 15 years. Lol

Cyber products / comms.

What the fuck are you both talking about?
FAMAS Uses 5.56 and takes STANAG magazines.

FAMAS uses a special kind of 5.56 meant specifically for the FAMAS because normal 5.56 won't work in it.

homosexuality

something to do with powder burn rate combined with lower grain bullet iirc? its not a typical semi auto action

They already have it, m8.

I'm wondering if all the NATO members might use the MP5 in some capacity. It seems like such a ubiquitous smg in the west.

I can find plenty of articles saying they're buying them but where is some info that says they actually possess any now?

It's something to do with the cases. The special FAMAS ammo is steel cased. They made a version of the FAMAS which can use normal brass cases but the French Army didn't buy any.

There was a pic of some FFL guys carrying 416s on here yesterday.

M2 Browning

Really? I was gonna call BS on that, but after looking at the Wikipedia, you may be right. If it’s not used by all NATO members, it seems to be used by most.

to be fair, given the absolute state of the german airforce i dont really see a point in them having F-35s at the moment. if they get their shit together then it might be a better purchase but at the moment they should focus on bringing the readiness of the aircraft they already have up rather than taking new ones on.

then again, i get paid by the company that makes them so id be okay if they bought some.

Your asshole

watch straps

The F-35 is just shit, that's all.

Magazines.

The lever delayed blowback action in the FAMAS apparently rips case heads right off, so they use steel cased ammo.

i mean in nato as a whole there's the AWACS
so yeah

Attached: not skyeye.jpg (775x440, 73K)

As far as I know, there isn't a huge amount of competition in the heavy machine gun role. You've got American .50 or Russian 12.7. Both rounds and the guns that fire them are so heavily battle tested and still effective that there's little impetus to compete with them. Can you imagine having the balls to attempt to replace the M2 Browning?

>The M-113 was used by pretty much everyone in NATO at one time or another.

I don't think we (Brits) ever used the base M113, we built the FV432 and the Spartan instead.
I think we used the M113 chassis as the basis of our tracked rapier SAM units and the chemical weapon detector units, so there might have been a few around somewhere

Germany needs new airframes to replace their end of life Tornados with.

You mean the US is mad because the German military is perfectly adequate for its task, e.g. Not bombing whatever 3rd world shithole is on the list of terrorist nations

>70% off

>germany and france agree on developing a 6th gen aircraft
>u.s defence industry spergs out

A
FUCKING
CLOCKWORK

>germany and france pour billions into a fighter project that will be delayed by politics for years
>and be technically obsolete by the time it is introduced

Like fucking clockwork

The german air force is smaller than denmarks or the netherlands? Thats a nice airforce you got there mate. Never mind the endless history eradication and feminisation going on in the army, because god forbid we have some fighting spirit.

Variable Spanner Wrenches and Pipe (Monkey) Wrenches. Also some Radio comm set, I think it's some legacy CB controller or something.

fyi, the nato designation is 12.7 for heavy machineguns.

The cartridge dimensions are different though. There's very little ambiguity when you say .50 as to whether you're referring to Russian or NATO 12.7mm.

The will to replace heavy machineguns also stems from there not really being any incentive to do that. Yeah you could scrape a few kilos of the m2, but who cares? It's either stationary or mounted so the difference it makes is almost 0. And as we all know anything new takes a load of time and money for it to be perfected.

>Y-Yes..

Attached: 1200px-PEO_XM806_.50-caliber_LMG.jpg (1200x440, 51K)

>europe is already in the process of making a 6th gen
>it will be obsolete because of reasons

what are the odds

>Is there a single piece of equipment which is actually shared between most (if not all) of NATO members?
5.56mm
7.62x51
50BMG
etc etc etc

No, the Famas G2 does, which was/is Navy only. That said, it's moot, because the Famas got canned.

Daily reminder that there is no STANAG magazine, it's just the AR-15 magazine.

Pretty high considering how the Eurofighter turned out. The thing even managed to have a higher unit cost than the F-35.

> and the French units that are still using the FAMAS use steel-case 5.56 apparently
Jow Forums meme and patently false.

Its classified as STANAG compliant. You dense retard stop posting. DO NOT reply to me.

That's absolutely wrong. We use m193.

But even the gun of the Leo is used in the Abrams too.

The M256 and RH120 aren't the same gun, though.

user, you seem like a mentally challenged indiviual so I'll try to understand in terms even you will understand.

>Weapons are not your still-sealed waifu figurines. They require constant maintenance and deteriorate with every day.
>Weapons are expensive as fuck.
>Weapons that aren't killing people do not have a use.
>Countries which aren't currently killing people can't use weapons (because their only purpose is killing people).

Now let's put it all together. Germany is not at war, nor in danger of any. Any airplanes bought now for a hypothetical conflict would be scrapped before said conflict began. The only thing they need them for is to have people used to flying planes... and you don't need a lot of planes to do that, any will do.
Why would they throw money into the fire by buying unusable and unneeded bullshit? To make you feel good stroking your dick online?

Go and look it up iso-group.com/nsn-search/Search-NSN-Parts-Database/Search-By-NSN

Attached: camion.gif (600x353, 9K)

The entire point of STANAG magazines are that they're interchangable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standardization_Agreement

retards

Maybe because the German Armed Forces are a joke and they aren't spending 2% of GDP as required.

>Weapons that aren't killing people do not have a use.
Stopped reading there. Blind trying to lead the blind right here.

Ms windows?

Attached: 1497656249858.gif (313x474, 165K)

>nor in danger of any.
*moves 3 army groups to the Polish border via the New Silk Road* nothing personnel, gwailo

KEK GET FUCKING REKT MUTTS

Why would anyone purchase trash that is the F-35?

If the F-35 is trash, what does that make the Eurotriangles and Suhkois, which are both far inferior?

The batteries powering things.

Better than the F35

It’s more or less a licensed copy isn’t it?

Why would the Germans want the F-35 when the Eurofighter is superior in every single way?

stealth

>It’s more or less a licensed copy isn’t it?
Not really. The U.S. army knew going into the Abrams project that they were going to upgun relatively soon. Their choices were the Bong 120mm rifled and the German 120mm smoothbore, which was itself based on the 120mm DELTA gun developed in the United States. The M256 has a completely different breech, recoil system, etc., but can use each other's ammunition and have similar ballistics. Kind of like the French 120mm on the Leclerc- same ammo, different gun.
Such as? Because as it stands the EF-2000 doesn't even measure up to a late-model F-15.

I think that 9mm NATO spec ammo would be closes contender.

>>germany and france pour billions into a fighter project that will be delayed by politics for years
>Germany will bring more partners onboard
>France will quit to save Dassault AGAIN
>and be technically obsolete by the time it is introduced
Fixed

Is 12ga NATO standard?

okay armatard
how many more posts are you gonna make

Attached: 1557253234263.jpg (1024x739, 105K)

shotgun shells?
12ga is universal shotgun round, even russians use it

>You mean the US is mad because the German military is perfectly adequate for its task, e.g. Not bombing whatever 3rd world shithole is on the list of terrorist nations
No matter how amusing I find Lockmart getting shitted on you are really fucking wrong on that one. Germany's military is in the sorriest state it has ever been since the days of the Weimar Republic.

imagine being in one of the 8 countries with the most powerful economies in the world and still not being able to spend 2% of your GDP on military

Attached: 1535816367165.jpg (719x811, 316K)

Why did you include me in your post?
Oh they're definitely able, they just don't care. The average Bundeswehr man is shat on by the populace and the government of Germany.

>Oh they're definitely able, they just don't care. The average Bundeswehr man is shat on by the populace and the government of Germany.
so get out of NATO then
it's literally in the rules that you have to spend 2% of your GDP

>so get out of NATO then
>it's literally in the rules that you have to spend 2% of your GDP
Even if they did they are still leaching in the exact same way, They are all but Landlocked by NATO members, it changes nothing

>They are all but Landlocked by NATO members
whose also are not paying 2% which should also get out

It's literally in the rules to reach 2% gdp by 2024. Is it 2024 already? No? Fuck off then.

it was 2% way before that you dumb germoid

>They are all but Landlocked by NATO members
Maybe we should just re-invade them again. Not like they could stop us.

>NATO becomes just USA and the U.K.
Wow what a great tag team, glad everyone else fucked off.

IIRC Poland and Estonia also pay required 2%

>>NATO becomes just USA and the U.K. and the Ex-combloc who hat commies and keep up their spending targets
Hrmmm, Sounds legit - Atleast then we know the leeches hate commies

A smaller waste of taxmoney? Even tho we should just sell our Typhoons to some other sry EU country and buy all the F-16s the US is willing ditch.

Attached: 1536108710078.jpg (1280x1381, 91K)

there are dozens of better options than F16
don't fall for vatnik memes

Attached: 4d0.jpg (960x907, 178K)

they need to fix the rest of their shit first.
downsizing shouldnt be taken out of consideration.

>imblying
We need more money, but most of all we need more recruits.

then fix that first. those F-35s or any other replacement wont mean shit if you cant get recruits to fly them.

Every airplane ever sold by the US to another nation has a "kill-code" in it to render it inert, should that need ever arise.

maybe Germans realize that, when the day comes to flip their soon-to-be-formed "EU Army" against the 'free-world", a significant portion of their air wing would be bricked.