M&P Shield 2.0 vs Glock 43 for concealed carry

M&P Shield 2.0 vs Glock 43 for concealed carry.
Which one and why?

Attached: ccw.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Neither, get a Mk. 23 and appendix carry it. Everyone will just think you have an erection.

Carried the shield for a while its heavy and larger than the 43. SW lies about their weights on the website.
Shield is going to be more fun to shoot, glock will be easier to carey and conceal
I pocket carry a glock 42 now

Have you actually held either of these in your hand yet?

They're both solid pistols made by reputable manufacturers.

Go to a store and hold them in your hand. Look down the sights. See what feels better. If you can, go to a range that does rentals and actually shoot them.

If you're still torn after that, go back a week later and do it again.

If you're still torn after that, go with whatever's cheaper and put the extra money towards ammo to practice with.

This is actually the best advice I have ever read on Jow Forums.

Sig P365.

It's a daily response in /hg/.

Kahr CM9

Consensus seems to be that the Shield 2.0 is a better shooter than the Glock 43. The Shield weighs about 3 ounces more and has a little more to hold on to.

Get the new performance center shield with the longer slide. Shit looks cash.

Attached: 0CCB9213-27A5-41BB-8C6D-8EDCBD28CA97.jpg (1086x610, 324K)

Glock 26.
Literally can't tell the difference carrying it V. A single stack Kahr cw9, other than I can carry g17 mags as spares.

I've been pocket carrying a g33 the last week, twice I legitimately forgot I was carrying a firearm it was so out of the way, just stuck my hand in my pocket and got surprised, oh there's a gun there.

I honestly like the feel of glocks in hand better than smithy bois

Add the Walther PPS into the mix.

I generally like the 2.0 line of M&Ps better than glocks but the G43 is the better choice for CC. Get the magguts extension and you have the same capacity (excluding the shield's 8 round mag) in a smaller package.

You could also look at the PPS M2 but that is bigger than both of them.

I should add that there are magguts extensions for the PPS and Shield as well... and that the PPS is the easiest to shoot of the three and probably the cheapest right now.

New friend:D hewwo uwu

Have both, recommend a P365 over both. Has a better trigger, better capacity, night sights, easier to conceal, with plenty of holster options.

paperskin detected

All those features and they couldn't figure out how to make it reliable. Also the Shield and Glock have been out longer and have way more holster and sight options.

Walther PPS m2

Well, really just depends on what fits you the most. Go to the range and try them out. I haven't tried the shield but I had some issues with the slide stop on G43. Also felt recoil on the walther was somehow smaller compared to the glock.

Neither, subcompacts suck

I had difficulty with the G43 slide stop but after about 100 rounds it works just like any other slide stop I’ve used.

If you get a Shield, get the ported version. Fudds hate ports, but it'll make it a lot easier for you to hit shit.
>Carried the shield for a while its heavy and larger than the 43.
Aah shit, I didn't know that.

Wish they made it for the 8 round mag only.

Well, I had two types of a problem
1) when holding the gun naturally, I would engage the slide stop each time I shot. Had to change the way I was holding the gun
2) I couldn't release the slide with even slightly sweaty hands. Racking the slide is a sollution, but why do that when you can buy a gun that doesn't have either issue?

>advice
Things that are common sense

Just fucking pick one. They're the same thing. Stop consulting with a website full of fat fucks that can't even afford guns

The 42 is great ,less recoil and its a nice shooter and smaller than the 43

It's perfectly reliable, and doesn't need sights because it already comes with excellent sights. Almost all the major holster mfgs worth a damn make a holster for it.

Neither one impressed me much but I don't really like M&P's. The grip on the Shield is a little longer and has better texturing. The controls suck and the hinged trigger on the 2.0 is lame. The G43 is a Glock. I would take a Glock myself because the 43 is one of the only ones I don't hate. If I had to buy a single stack poly striker I'd get a PPS M2.

So you've been here for 10 hours browsing troll threads? "Pick the gun up, rent it, shoot it" is such obvious advice it's in the board sticky.

I dont like smiths trigger. something about that trigger breaking fucks me up while shooting.

Could you elaborate?
I'm trying to decide between Kahr cm9, Glock 43, Sig p365 or the shield.

i have the 43 and love it. right trade off of concealability to shoot ability

P320 carry, compact or sub-compact. Then you can switch the innards out and turn it into a full size whatever cal you want.

Glock 43 if you don't want a manual safety and Shield if you do. PPS is a good choice too.

Don't buy a 365 , Croatian shit, or Colt mustang clones.

Ironically I find the G43x to be one of the best designed pistol on the market and it's specs are damn near the HK P7.

Attached: 1482246346509.jpg (670x412, 82K)

>Don't buy a 365
Using examples of guns made in the last 4 months, explain why.

Only a fucktard would willing buy modern Sig Sauer except for the 2022. Everything else is get out the door and worry about the fucked QC because Sig just coats it in some ludicrous paint scheme and charges more for a queerbait special edition P226 while using Indian MIM in a goddamn $1000 Swiss/German joint pistol firm.

I literally cannot understand supporting Sig these days when they used to be autistic about QC and materials.

>zero examples of current failures
>not even anecdotes
>citing qc from a decade ago
>muh indian mim meme also with no examples of failure
>angsty like a 14 year old
Okay so nothing then. Maybe don't post anymore?

You've narrowed it down to the two best concealed carry pistols on the market. You honestly won't be making a bad choice if you end up with either one. They are both less than an inch wide which is the secret sauce behind both that makes them kings of the CCW market (while also being dead-nuts reliable).

I've been carrying the original Performance Center Shield and it's a fun shooter. Some people don't like the Shield trigger; I think it is fine but there's enough people out there saying it isn't their cup of tea so you should try it before you buy it. I shot the 2.0 recently and it is in fact a better trigger.

One thing to consider: I opted for the Performance Center mainly for the tritium night sights. I think that's a major upgrade, your tastes may differ.

At the very least keep an eye on r/gundeals

If the Shield 1.0 is an option, the 9mm version at least is available without a safety.

i held an M&P once in a LGS and it was the best fitting grip i ever felt on a pistol. nice ergonomic design. very solid, positive, natural feel to the grip. locks up into the hand like a glove

My buddy bought and early model and it was turd. The newer ones are supposed to be fixed but I'll wait another year or two to make sure they've hammered out all the issues for good before I'd entertain getting one.

If it's woth anything to you, I tried drifting my buddy's rear sight on his shield with my sight tool. It wouldn't even budget. Maybe if I had a steel punch and a sledge hammer it would have moved. What a POS.

*budge*

>p365
This unironically. Just make sure it's not a first production model. Sig has a bad habit of rushing initial production and then ironing out kinks in the subsequent releases

The p365 has such a puny skinny grip idk who that gun was made for but it wasn't made for people with big hands which is why I went with the shield 2.0

>except for the 2022

lmao stfu moron you don't know what you're talking about you poorfag

I have a shield, that being said I would go for the glock. The shield has the best striker fired trigger I have ever felt but the texture on the back strap is so aggressive it's uncomfortable to carry iwb without an undershirt.

bs

How? I carry all the time and have had no issues. Then again I'm a 5'10 165 lb skeleton who drives and lifts boxes all day

Drop-safe guns only. Sorry.

I carry pic related interchangeably also

Attached: tmp_6066-IMG_20190512_46607850538551694180443.jpg (1080x1440, 259K)

Carry is all about your specific opinion and feel towards a gun. If you are buying from a big name handgun company, and you know the quality is there, it's all preference, you want the one that feels the best to you, that you can handle the easiest and shoot the best with. Everyone hates Springfield because the whole 2a gun grabbing shit or they see it as a meme because
>G R I P Z O N E
but I love the shit out of my XD 9, vs a Glock, and I can shoot better with it.
For a carry weapon this matters even more, because it's a weapon that your life might depend on one day, and you want one that you are extremely comfortable with and is good quality.

They are both good quality, go do some shooting/handling and decide for yourself.

You have an old M&P user is probably talking about the M2.0 with sandpaper grip.

Shield. They're very similar in every aspect, they feel the same (I own a Shield, my buddy owns a G43), shoot the same, except M&P mags hold one more round (or two if you use the stendo mag with extra pinky room), but the shield is cheaper. The G43's price premium is not justified. I feel like the M&P is also better for draw practice because the trigger can still be pulled (minus resistance) without the striker engaged, which is a minor bonus.

In reality though, you should put both on your hands and see which gives you a better natural point of aim and feels better in your hand. I actually prefer the M&P on this front too, plus I seem to have tighter groups with my shield than my G19, go figure.