Can you help me choose a home defense handgun? I've nailed it down to about 3 different ones

Can you help me choose a home defense handgun? I've nailed it down to about 3 different ones.
HK USP (any calibur, leaning towards .45)
M&P m2.0 (.40, full sized)
Glock 17/21

Attached: 123411234.jpg (1200x846, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dui-criminal-lawyers.com/dsmlaw-blog/justifiable-use-of-force-and-self-defense-laws-in-illinois
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot to put in OP, which would be best for home defense in a town home?

Go with the USP in .45 or a Glock 17 or M&P in 9mm. Forget .40. It's a dying caliber.

The differences in caliber between the basic duty rounds (9mm, .40 and .45) aren't statistically significant when it comes to defensive use. 9mm generally wins for cost, capacity, and fastest follow-up shots. .45 is good if you have a suppressor (but 147gr 9mm is also excellent suppressed). .40 is dumb as shit, ignore it now.

A bible in Hebrew, don't ask why you will understand when a home invasion happens

.40S&W is gay, don't do it. Go with either an M&P9 or a glock 17. If you just HAVE to have a .45 for some reason the either glock 21 or USP

I'm assuming your making a joke about home invasions never happening but just recently my property was vandalized with anti white slurs among other things spray painted on my property. I'm taking this seriously and want to be armed.

If this is strictly an HD gun, then you should also look at the longslide glocks... the G34 (9mm) and the G41 (.45 ACP). Longer slide will give you more sight radius and a longer barrel will give you more velocity, plus they work a bit better with weaponlights which is a necessity on an HD gun.

What makes you think jews give six shits about other jews? They fuck up and scam each other more than they do anyone else. Fuck, Soros use to sell out and steam from Jews during WW2 for the Nazi party. And he's a jew.

steal from*

Samefag that hates a perfectly good round.

get the m&p 2.0 in 9mm it is on sale for 405 dollars. but get H&K also because why not

Glock 17. cheap, reliable, easy to maintain, and easy to modify. get a GEN 3 if you can cause almost all aftermarket parts are for a gen 3. if you can afford a bit more money get a Glock 34

M&P 2.0. Double-action sucks, you'll pull your first shot at distance. I love my M&P, makes a great duty weapon. Hasn't malfunctioned in over 2000 firings

Attached: BriskUnfitCutworm-small.gif (375x250, 1.22M)

Get a G17, get good with it then put a light on it, possibly some night sights.
A can wouldnt be a bad idea either, although it'd easily run you $1000 for the can, stamp and threaded barrel.

Fuck it and get a shotgun.

I'm not him.

Attached: 512341561234.png (584x157, 28K)

I honestly like the 21 and 17 more than the usp and I really like the USP in 45.

If you live in a cuck state get something in 45 but if you're a freeman, get a 9mm especially if it is your only one.

really cuz it seems better than my m9a1 double action and I have no problem not pulling the first shot in DA for the m9a1.

maybe you just need to practice more

Illinois man. It sucks. Waiting for my FOID for about 36 days now.

i know and that makes it more funny

Not even speaking for myself, just the average gun owner that doesn't practice often enough. Many people have trouble overcoming the heavy DA trigger pull, that's just a proven fact. Many people find striker-fired easier to master.

Mossberg 500 birdshot

I had this as my night stand gun for a few years. The light is a TLR7. Super fucking bright and compact, fit like a charm on that M&P45.

Now I just have a 10.5 psa AR, and the M&P.

Attached: image (8).jpg (3264x2448, 2.9M)

Thanks. Do you recommend a strobe setting on a underbarrel flashlight?

>don't get the USP in .40 'cus memes, get it in .45 AARP instead

Attached: 1552585287552.jpg (700x371, 50K)

If you're not concealing it, ditch the USP and get the Mk23

Attached: 20180415_113851.jpg (1848x1437, 626K)

No, I would recommend a simple white light, this one you can push all the way on, or pressure. You need to see who you're going to shoot, or else you'll shoot someone you don't want to. Strobe is meme. Also think about accidental light discharging. Get something that has pressure pads so you don't accidentally keep it on when you dont want to.

Pretty much this. Home defense use a shotgun. Only way to really shoot to kill. If someone's in your home fuck it, just destroy them.

Did you buy the top and bottom of that separate?

This gun is a meme, right? Looks bigger than a deagle.

10mm or go home.

When your life absolutely depends on it, there's no substitute for the USP. I bought .45 for being #1 in reliability under ANY condition.

the .40 has been completely invalidated and will disappear from common use in 10 years

By fucking what?

>home defense
>handgun
you've already fucked up

Get a .380 or a pump with birdshot

.45 way better suppressed. .40 is practically literally useless

also "practically literally" was a joke for the retards of the group.

Yeah, just like 45 ACP was replaced by 9mm Luger.

>home defense handgun
AR pistol with an arm brace

Any of those in 9mm honestly. More rounds per mag with roughly the same stopping power. Literally whichever of those 3 you can get cheapest, most likely the M&P. Some people don't like the grip on it, put one in your hands at a local store first. Consider also the CZ P10C. Whatever you do, make sure you spend the money on night sights.

No. They come like that, but they're "rare" from what I heard.

g20

By actual 10mm.

Glock 40 10mm.

M

Attached: s-l1600__11077.1523980807.1280.1280.jpg (960x1280, 200K)

Fn fnx45

Dem double stack .45acp mags. I love mine.

I'm sorry but your wrong. Soros just lies about that to confuse stupid normie conservatives about the fact that he Is a Jewish supremacist.

Attached: 1557288084074.png (1048x762, 193K)

honestly op any gun $500 or over will do you fine. dont buy taurus garbage though and if you have never shot a gun in your life get a 380 acp or 9mm in full size pistol.

Glock 19 or you'll regret it

>home defense
Shockwave.

Thats what I use.

*BOOM*
>Blows a hole through three walls, misses the perp, and kills your dog

Unless you have some serious insulation in between them you a shotgun with buckshot is probably a safer bet

The only wall that will stop a bullet is brick/cinderblock

And how is a gun going to prevent your home from being trashed while you are absent for the second time?

HK USP FULLSIZE in .45ACP

Attached: d6hWZJf.jpg (4032x3024, 1.34M)

The most simple, logical anwser : the Glock 17. No funny safety to mess with, just a plain reliable pistol that will go bang every time you need it to. The other 2 aren't bad options at all but if my life had to depend on a gun I wouldn't want it to have any safety.

It’s not on your list but check out the M9A3 if you have the $$$. I have a USP that used to be my bedside gun but there are so many more advantages with the Beretta imo
>threaded barrel (not necessary but comes with the package)
>better trigger (granted the USP I have has an LEM)
>metal frame with replaceable grip panels
>cheaper mags/ammo (unless 9mm USP but mags still $$$, mines a .40)
BTW HK is doing a 25% off thing for magazines on their web store if anyone’s interested
>normal ass rail to mount crap on (I hate having to get an adapter)

I also have the M&P but out of those 3, the beretta is my favorite at the moment (thought the USP is most aesthetic)

>BTW HK is doing a 25% off thing for magazines on their web store if anyone’s interested
It's mostly .40sw which they seem to be aborting, fast. Everywhere I look HK .40's are on sale. Not trying to flame, but it should tell you something when a company like HK decides to abandon a caliber.

Not all. If you're not concealing it on your person, you might as well go for the highest velocity, and ammo capacity while still retaining reasonable size. Plus Mk23's are badass

Attached: 1503282957045.jpg (1024x524, 169K)

Glock 19 or 17, M&P , Walther PPQ.

Realistically all those guns in any common caliber will work fine with a light on it and a few hundred rounds in training on it

So then it becomes a question of aesthetics and dabbing on others

Which means the HK with a stainless slide in .45 is the way to go

Remember OP, you will submit your HD gun to the police if/when you shoot someone with it. So be prepared to lose it. I built this PSA AR for 300$ and added some shit I had already and I have it sitting next to my bed. I don't mind giving it up to the cops and possibly never getting it again because I only spent 300$ on it.

Attached: 7 - fE8U3fk.jpg (1536x2048, 1.15M)

glock 17

Why?

this
ar15 pistol

Because it's now a murder weapon, they take it for evidence. Once your case is over then you get your gun back, if you win the case or whatever legal shit.

Attached: 8 - aUcfZMG.jpg (1536x2048, 1.31M)

How long do self defense home invasion cases usually take?

Depends I suppose, if it's a dead give away that you were protecting your home, and the media agrees then weeks? Months? If it's more or less of a different case then Months? Years? I have no clue, but I have heard of people losing their guns to a police locker indefinitely.

tritium sights > weapon light

>serious insulation
>you need brick user
Yes that would count as serious fucking insulation. A lot of town homes have firewalls

Things not be discussed:
>suppressors
>threaded barrels
>subsonic loads
your post is practically literally retarded and you should metaphorically definitely kill yourself.

Fellow IL bro. If you truly have to use a firearm in self defense, please know your self defense laws because our state sucks and will arrest you if you shoot a trespasser in your home if you don't follow the criteria for using lethal force. Also, to the user talking about suppressors, all NFA items are illegal in IL so we can't even have them in the first place. Fuck this cuck state.

SBR is not illegal with C&R FFL

Hope you didn't shoot a nigger. He was an upstanding citizen that tried to check how secure your home was against invaders and you murdered him in cold blood for it.

Illinois State Police drag their fucking feet with everything firearm related. Their phone line goes straight to voicemail and they never call back or answer emails. I fucking hate it and want to move.

Birdshot? No
Buckshot yes.

user I’d recommend a full size non-poly handgun for HD. A metal frame will help you manage recoil and as an hd gun you don’t gave to worry about additional weight associated with carrying all day.
Check out the CZ SP-01. It is DA/SA, but you can cock the hammer back and not have to worry about a DA first pull.

Birdshot because he's in a townhome. Paul Harrel did a good video on birdshot and buckshot's penetration power through drywall. Buckshot went through 3 walls (frame with drywall on each side) and still popped the 2 liters outside of the siding. Birdshot went through 2 walls.

Watcha doin rabbi?

Those are all good choices OP, my advice would be to rent some guns, the ones you're interested in if possible, and figure out if you prefer hammer or striker fired pistols and then in which caliber you like them

Huh ok good to know user, I’ll check that out.
What about bird shot alternating with sriracha shells?

I live in kalifornia, general advice is make sure that fucker is dead otherwise they can sue you

Town homes usually have a firewall between them

Isn't it illegal for them to take longer than 30 days to issue the FOID card?

>Large framed pistol ever
Lmao
Inb4 handlet

Reminder that the USP is the perfect handgun for all purposes.

By 9x19mm Parabellum ammo getting much better in the last 30 years. .40 gives almost zero benefit over 9mm, but it's got worse recoil, less magazine capacity, and higher price. In a compact pistol, if you want something better than 9mm Para, the only real option is .357 Sig. At least then you actually gain something out of the reduced magazine capacity and increased recoil.

Also, 10mm Auto completely obliterates all other semiautomatic handgun cartridges if you're okay with a full depth grip/actually looking for a full size handgun like for home defense

They serve different purposes. How will night sights help you see something you cannot?

>The only cartridge to not improve is 40sw
I fucking hate 9mm cucks, y'all say this shit everytime and everytime it's wrong. Do you honestly think that 40 hasn't been improved along the years? It has literally the same recoil as 9mm but your dick grippers aren't strong enough for it. Woah dude 2 rounds is so many rounds, I'm not gonna be prepared for my 17 enemy school shooter scenario. As for price get fucked, you mentioned 10mm and all the good loads are expensive as fuck.
>Muh reloads
Okay then just reload 40 so it won't be expensive?

G20 with 9x25 Dillon barrel + 90gr solid copper projectile

Had a 1st gen m&p. That thing kicked ass.

>It has literally the same recoil as 9mm
Not true.

I'd vote usp 45. Mine isn't a usp but I like it more personally. Realistically though any of these guns would be fine. Fuck .40 though.

Attached: 1233.jpg (5312x2988, 3.77M)

Saying it looks bigger than a deagle is a meme.

That's still pretty shitty that you are required to own a C&R FFL just to own a SBR AR. Everything else is still illegal here though.
It took me almost three months for my FOID card to arrive in the mail. They can't get shit done at all.
We're special in that we have to jump through a few extra hoops to prove that it was lawful self defense.

dui-criminal-lawyers.com/dsmlaw-blog/justifiable-use-of-force-and-self-defense-laws-in-illinois

No idea but you probably wouldn't be able to argue it anyway as it's the state police you'd have to go up against.

Fuck this gay state. It's only going to get worse for gun laws with our new governor and all of the Cook County retards supporting him.

Off by 3, buddy.