Is the Macuahuitl consider a sword or more of a club like weapons?

Is the Macuahuitl consider a sword or more of a club like weapons?

Attached: 59510990b62309a6c22135f0a1db6d99.jpg (640x480, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academia.edu/1293588/The_macuahuitl_an_innovative_weapon_of_the_Late_Post-Classic_in_Mesoamerica
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's a mace

Clord

sword against unarmored/lightly armored enemies
club against armored ones

Sword. Those obsidian shards will cut the head off of a steer easy.

swordy club

War club

Swub

Why do you have to label it as one or the other? It's a macuahuitl, you can slice and bash with it.

Sword until it becomes a club.

Sword club

a sharp mace

It hurt

sword although a slow cumbersome one like a leadcutter

To line up with American standards of course.

A mace with the mace movement set but it deals slash damage instead of blunt.

I call bullshit on that. It's not even designed to kill people but to incapacitate them enough to be dragged to their altar to get sacrificed.

Sharp mace for a few swings then turns into a club when all the obsidian teeth break

Search the Wikipedia, brocho cinco. there's a bunch of Spanish accounts of the aztecs looping off horse heads and disemboweling them. Also if you read the wiki, macuahitl came in all shapes and forms.

It's considered a piece of fucking shit made by retards

Attached: b8neverchange.jpg (625x626, 33K)

I consider it a club due to it's balance.

Low durability sword.
It's effectiveness as a club is no better than clubbing with the flat or dull edge of a sword, so it doesn't really make sense to call it one.

>It's not even designed to kill people
Then they would've never bothered with the obsidian I guess.

Most captives got captured during the rout not so much in the middle of the fighting. Doing the latter was very hard and actually merited you a promotion into the fursuited warrior societies.

>aztecs looping off horse heads
>with pointy rocks on sticks
being a retard must be fun

pretty sure you die if you get gutted regardless if it'd done by a steel or obsidian blade

Obsidian also has the lovely side effect of leaving razor sharp shards embedded in the wound to continue fucking up your insides

pointy rock glass

Attached: Obsidian+vs+normal+scalpel+_da245b3b5cbcd60b52452a849d6c3cb8.jpg (600x511, 160K)

Is it? You tell me you illiterate piece of shit.

>Wikipedia

You dun goof'd, mein aryan juden.

Attached: Matsumoto Shiori Duet.jpg (2576x2024, 1.01M)

are modern scalpels similar to those obsidian nowadays, or is obsidian still top-tier? i mean, ive never seen an obsidian scalpel so ill assume he never really sold the idea

Just because it preforms better does not mean it is practical to manufacture or cheap enough to make the budget.

too fragile and too expensive(comparatively)and a steel scalpel is every bit sharp enough for the vast majority of surgical needs

some surgeons do still use them for certain surgeries on soft tissue(also freshly broken glass) but they're typically only good for 10-20 uses

Honestly, I'm not surprised there aren't any macuahuitl-analogues around the world. The concept seems so simple and there's obsidian all over some places.

Attached: Clara Book Ladder.png (920x947, 389K)

It straddles the border and is different enough from both of them that it's in it's own class along with the shark teeth ones from polynesia.

its a club
ur not cutting anything with that

dont all swords have at least some capacity to both slash and stab? i think youd have to get very creative to stab with that thing.

No, the tactic was to kill the men, enslave the women, and sacrifice old men. That's like rifles are ineffective because of how many POWs the Civil War had.

There are a lot. Different cultures used different items as the studs. Pacific islanders used shark teeth, Europeans had studded clubs, modern people have baseball bats covered in barbed wire.

Hippie thumper

Imagine being this retarded

There are similar things

Attached: attachment.jpg (640x480, 146K)

It's a bladed club. This has to do with it's construction (long chunk of wood with blades stuck into it, vs. long blade with a handle) and balance and how you can't stab with it.

>dont all swords have at least some capacity to both slash and stab?
No, plenty were purely cutting weapons. There is nothing anywhere that says if weapon can't stab then it isn't a sword.

Attached: British 1803 saber.jpg (640x299, 66K)

Getting beaten to death with a sharktooth club has to be one of the worst ways to die. You aren't even being killed by an actual shark.

My dick is that curved and I still stab, what's his excuse

Read this.
academia.edu/1293588/The_macuahuitl_an_innovative_weapon_of_the_Late_Post-Classic_in_Mesoamerica

Frotting your daki doesn't count user.

Attached: 17th century executioner's sword.jpg (800x353, 34K)

That's a Butcher Sword thou
It was only used in executions, I don't think in warfare

Some people made some art of it to make it more sword like

Attached: MRN-AZT042-1.jpg (800x536, 34K)

And? The important thing here is that you called it a
>Sword

Anti-swub

I'm starting to think this is like the beaner version of the folded six million times nippon katana meme

I HATE Mex but I can admit that shit is real.

Attached: Thrown chair.jpg (480x360, 10K)

it's a razor bat. kind of like how a board with 30 nails in it stops being a plank.

Always take everything with a grain of salt especially when those accounts get overblown into decapitating a horse with 1 swing. However, severe injuries from an obsidian edge are within the realm of plausibility.

I mean maybe the Aztec probably slashed around the thinnest area of the horse's neck near the head

Attached: screenshot.png (1102x600, 521K)

Or maybe overblown historical accounts are overblown. Keep in mind that to reliably cut off human heads under ideal conditions people often looked to things that were specifically not battlefield weapons. I know of weapons designed for ritual animal sacrifice where the ideal result is decapitation with one stroke but those generally follow the same rule.

SWUBFAGS GET OUT Jow Forums IS AN ANTI SWUB BOARD

>2019
>being a swub user
Pathetic

Why cut off the horses head when the legs of a conquistador only one yard behind the head. The mount is not what's going to kill you, the hairy faced god-man with gleaming armor, shouting sticks and a sharpened rod of mythical material is going to be a much more important target than their weird lamas.

Attached: conquistadors.jpg (400x328, 50K)

Decapitation is cool AF. And conquistadors were armored.

I remember reading that the Aztecs used to think that the horses and riders were one creature at first.

horse is a relatively easy target between the two, having a steed cut out from under you in a melee is likely to result in injury/death, and even if it doesn't removing the horse removes a pretty huge amount of the conquistador's effectiveness in battle.

Low risk, high reward.

I'M MAD!

What did he mean by this

Spiked club. End of story

Well how else do you kill a cavalryman
Its not like they had guns

Actually how do you decapitate a fucking horse charging at you in a actual situation like that?!?!

Horizontal hack towards the oncoming horse under the jaw.

How would that look?

>Mounted conquistador sauntering on the edge of the forest.
>Nahuatl warrior erupts out of canopy darkness two handed swinging macuahitl horizontally at horses neck
>trachea, esophagus, and spinal column split cleanly, horse head flops sideways hanging on by some residual tissue bring down the horse with it.

hmm I could see that

Native obsidian of that quality is too hard to work and source. For super-fine blades they use ceramics now.

Just check out the scene from "Apocalypse Now" where 3 natives with machetes are circling a tied up boar and then simultaneously hack it in thirds with one clean motion each. Might only be in the redux version since it was real AF.

Same shit though.

So a reverse executioners swords then. Does it recover hp instead of do?

Club, since you can barely, if at all, use any sword fighting techniques with it.

It's a type of axe obviously.

Lurk more newfag.