Smallest gun for ccw that can still be considered competent at stopping a threat?

Smallest gun for ccw that can still be considered competent at stopping a threat?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Cv6PxB2TqLM
youtu.be/gPXDwi7O0jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The caliber isn't the issue as much as the gun is. A .22 or .25 can stop a threat. When you get into the smaller calibers the guns that chamber them tend to have suspect reliability.
Can't go wrong with a .38 snub. You know it's going to function.

There is no answer, people have successfully defended themselves with shitty ass .25 pocket pistols, .22lr J frames and such. For me, it would have to be a Glock 42 being the smallest gun I’ll be comfortable carrying.
>shootable as shit
>good iron sight selection
>reliable

But then again I have a Shield and the G43 is a thing. A G43 would be an excellent starting point with either a Glock 42 or J Frame being two alternatives. I personally despise J Frames since they’re miserable to shoot but that’s just me.

youtu.be/Cv6PxB2TqLM

Glock 29

Attached: IMG_3260.jpg (1600x1200, 606K)

That bullet setback is not a good look on those 10mms, dude. You should hand-chamber the rounds and drop / ride the slide forward instead.

I have as .38 LCR with rubber hogue grips and another with plastic crimson trace grips.
The hogue one is fun but the crimson trace is actual pain.

Ruger Alaskan.

Attached: DSCF0326.jpg (1600x1200, 606K)

Seecamp .380

Probably some kind of Derringer two-shot gun in .38 Special or 9mm Luger.

i am 73 years old. i have carried a firearm for 52 years. i have never heard of this before. your trolling us.

Alright Pearl take your meds.

fuck off boomer

I like a lot of cold war era .32acp pistols

And .38 is arguably one of the most umf per bang sound in regards to a tiny ass pistol.

Have you tried wadcutters? They have much less recoil than traditional .38 but at the cost of reduced velocity. I have never actually shot anything other than wadcutter ammo through my 442 but I’m not eager to.

Attached: 1CACA118-39C8-4FEB-A854-2E6041473158.jpg (500x500, 96K)

PPK

my wrists hurt just looking at this pic

.380/.38special and up. Smaller calibers can and have done the job fine, but they wont do so nearly as reliably as the big boy calibers.

NAA loaded with 60gr SSS

75 here, been carrying for 57 years. It is totally a thing, newfag. Used to get it all the time with my Model 26.

The thing is almost 3 lbs. loaded and makes holding a P226 feel like a DB9. It's just obnoxious to shoot but it won't turn your bones into gravel.

.25 auto
Ultra compact. They can be ultra snappy and the softer kicking ones are prone to limp wristing and will fail to feed

Attached: 50116952_1_x.jpg (512x479, 20K)

As small as I can stand. I want the threat to stop and drop on the first shot.

Attached: 1010181751.jpg (2560x1280, 1.21M)

>they can be ultra snappy
There is pretty much no recoil with a pocket .25

Grandpa, what the fuck are you doing on the weapons board of an anime website? Seriously, what the fuck? Are the "you're here forever" memes actually true?

>75 year old men on Jow Forums

what

Attached: 1553462120683.jpg (1024x768, 133K)

base of the skull, no more threat

Attached: bulgarian special.jpg (700x424, 46K)

Maybe they're here for all the traps with their "programming socks" and whatnot.

Attached: 1530129833737.jpg (640x627, 18K)

Based boomer

stick it up their nose

Attached: laser WHY.jpg (560x560, 16K)

post ID and wrinkled old people hands

2016 happened

shhh, you'll summon the qanon boomer horde if you talk too loud

hOLD ON I GOTTA WAIT FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER sTACIE SHE KNOWS COMPUTORS BETTER THAN ME EHEHEHE PROBABLY GONNA BE THE NEXT MARY TYLER MOORE SHES A BRIGHT ONE I TELL YA.

>cc small "guns"

Attached: 2 (18).jpg (1249x1820, 300K)

post crocs or collection of old nails that you know youre gonna need tomorrow

327 mag would like a word with you

>or collection of old nails that you know youre gonna need tomorrow

Attached: 1*R5VtkC48Pv7v8zd86dhQ3g.jpg (2600x1462, 954K)

definitely not what i meant.

For a gun that might as well not have sights a laser kinda makes sense

Their nose is right there, how do you need a laser to tell you where to stick it?

Crimson Trace grips suck for comfortable shooting

theoretically, wouldnet the volume of bullets matter more
just think, you are robbinh a 7/11
>GIMME THE MONEY
>BRRRRRRRRRRRT
ima skoot the fuck outa there nomatter what
like The American 180 .22LR

unless you have a clear shot, i feeel that sound is more important

It's like Hotel California, we can check out, but we can never leave!

Not the same guy, but I'm old too, not 70, but closer to 70 than 18!

Attached: 0Hk3byw.jpg (480x710, 30K)

I edc a Sig P238 because even though it's little, it's comfortable to carry and I can shoot it accurately for it's size (due to it's light trigger). I've killed animals on the farm with it and am satisfied with the .380 for self defense.

i am 96 years old. i have sent nazis to valhalla with the fableed 1911 and have never needed nor trusted a caliber besides 45acp

I am 123 years old; I've sent Africans, Asians & Europeans to their respective afterlives, and nobody else in this thread knows what they're talking about.

this, but good luck hitting anythign that isnt point blank.

Attached: 14035-DEFAULT-m.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Anybody have any experience with the kel-tec p-32?

>kel-tec p-32
just get a ruger lcp

this

what it means is the bullets are seated too deep into the case and its going to produce a high pressure spike which could be damaging to the gun.
It happens alot with .40s and thats why they kaboom, whole deal with the overall length for the bullet outside the case being so short.
The good news is, since you have a glock you can shoot .40s out of your 10. This is well documented. Mostly its because of the square firing pin.

The LCP2

Hard to believe there are 70+ individuals browsing this site. I wonder how many of them I've called a nigger? I wonder how many more I'll call a nigger in the future? You're all niggers by the way.

>light single action in a pocket gun

Useless pos

boomer nog timeline:
>nigger
>negro
>colored
>afro-american
>african-american
>POC
>and back around to nigger

For my next trick, watch as I induce a failure to function in this pistol

Meant for

Probably Seecamp LWS 32... but I would rather carry LCP II

cool argument bro

My deceased grandmother was an adult in the 60s. So naturally I was raised on her calling black people "niggers" all the way up to 1993. And yes, they refused to take care of her in the nursing home.
She never let up. Died calling black people niggers. Highly entertaining.

>wahhh she said word I won't take care of her

Niggers and cuck whites are subhuman

48 here, am I too old?

Well if you had a daughter, she'd probably be in my age range for dating. So maybe...?

Attached: 1539122367563.jpg (708x495, 62K)

>PROBABLY GONNA BE THE NEXT MARY TYLER MOORE

Attached: newmanlaff.gif (500x375, 499K)

Needs a scope

Literal fucking retards.

this, noguns detected

.45 ACP

You deserve to die alone which im sure will happen

>It happens [alot] with .40s
"never" is the word, it never happens

There's no way a man could have thighs like that.

I carry a kahr 380. .75 in wide and about the size of a 3×5 card. Shoots like a full size.

A near miss at close range would probably set the target on fire...

What are wadcutters designed for? Are they an HD round?

>What are wadcutters designed for?

Back in the day they had bullseye competitions for cops and the profile of the bullet printed clean holes to make scoring easier. Wadcutters are known by expert revolver shooters to be good choices for snubbies. The large projectile takes up space that would have been used to seat more powder in the cartridge.

youtu.be/gPXDwi7O0jg

I use Delta Precision ammo for practice but use Federal Gold Match for actually carrying. I haven’t tried it yet but people say it’s almost no recoil when using a heavier revolver like a K frame

So much for the free market commie cuck.

A .380 with Underwood xtreme penetrators.

desert eagle .357

Ruger LCP gen 1, 2nd version, the thinnest .380

Big data on shootings has shown the dropoff in % success in a gunfight is after .380.

Attached: RUG_3713__29180.1514413223.jpg (960x685, 50K)

pic was actually a gen 1, 1st version, here is a gen 1, 2nd version. you can tell by looking at the notch in the slide for the slide stop. on the 1st version it's squared front and rear, on the 2nd version the front is slanted.

Attached: lcp.jpg (1350x900, 162K)

Except it's not. Kahr is thinner.

I like my G26

The smallest gun I'd carry day in day out is a .380/.38. Anything smaller is a special occasion where I can't get away with my normal carry. Right now I carry a Ruger LC9 on the daily (First gen LC9 at that) used it to off a car jacker a few years ago.

Attached: free-american-hero.jpg (178x411, 14K)

>man
It's a girl (male).

Interesting. Thanks. Now I need to find someone comparing wadcutters to short barrel ammunition.

Bersa 22lr? I know 22lr is suspect for self defense but it’s a neat little pocket pistol with almost 100% concealability

Attached: F661A71C-8799-49E7-8C85-C82464C2B52B.jpg (1000x666, 64K)

story

that looks like the perfect gun to take camping or hiking for random plinks. along with your trusted larger self defense caliber pistol of course. the problem with the ruger and buckmarks is they are so heavy and big. good for the range but not good for taking innawoods

>.454 casull from a 1-2 inch barrel.
>not keistering a 45-70 derringer

Attached: M-4derringer.jpg (500x276, 13K)

Lucky gunner did it. No expansion, good penetration. The flat, sharp-edged meplat is thought to be superior to rn against soft tissue as it would cut through rather than push aside muscle or organs. Not my first choice for sd, but I wouldn't consider them inadequate by any means.

It depends on how close the threat is and how much you expect them to shoot back. Even if you use something conventional and modern there is a good chance you're both going to end up maimed and dead. If two guys with concealable 9x19 pistols start shooting at one another, they're both probably going to get fucked up. Does it matter if it's a smaller weaker round? Are they going to get fucked up getting shot?
I think .32acp is the about right size where you can find something that's concealable and available. .25acp would probably be okay if you want something you need to grab your nut sack turn your head and cough to pull out of wherever the fuck you hide that fucking thing and it's probably losing some of it's antique valuing being shoved in there rubbing off the finish. At some point a gun gets to be impractically too small for serious use rather than the caliber, .25 kinda hits that size for me personally since I have all my fingers and like to try to grip the gun I'm shooting.

Attached: 52c49c1bc50a2.jpg (370x205, 30K)

As a dude what fucks guys; they absolutely can.
Bodies come in all shapes and sizes, but most are bad.
Pic vaguely related.

Attached: 36c.png (680x381, 432K)

You're using unjacketed lead in a Glock.
You really are a dumb mofo.

Attached: 1380587079421.jpg (720x720, 257K)

some people leave the house more than twice a week user

I want to bury my face in that crotch and those thighs

only a big iron will do

He recalls the good ole days of Jow Forums's earlier years, when he was a ripe 58.

if the 1911 was so good why couldn't you win Nam with it

>A wild BAIT appeared!

.380 is the smallest caliber I'd be confident in, though there are a lot of bodies that have been turned cold by .22.

Attached: Kevin ZP98.jpg (1040x780, 396K)