QTDDTOT

no in catalog

Is it stupid to put IIIA backers on your Plate carrier. Say something like a JPC?

Would you put the backer in front of the plate as to absorb the shrapnel before the plate takes it and shatters?

I've read on here that in an insurgency an LBE would be better than a plate carrier. What for? low troop mass and wide open terrain? When would you choose to wear one or the other? why not just wear a Level 4 3M helmet and plate set? its not like you can't get ATVs

Attached: 11.jpg (459x300, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DJTN82AYcqU
youtube.com/watch?v=rpu7RKVX8nU
rockislandauction.com/detail/1022/3355/two-boxed-baikal-side-by-side-rifles-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I've read on here that in an insurgency an LBE would be better than a plate carrier
body armor protection is small. body armor is heavy. body armor only protects vitals. if you get shot in say the arm as an insurgent your dead. theres no hospital or medivac for you. theres no fellow soldiers to provide covering fire to kill the guy who shot you while you crawl or get dragged by someone else to safety.
might as well die comfy and move faster try to avoid getting hit in the first place.

What's the best free online resource for learning fundamentals of shooting without paying some range jew to spend 45 minutes explaining how to rack a slide and what a chamber indicator is?

For example I'm struggling with cheek welds and how to be consistent with head placement. A video or even article would be great.

So not to sound like a glow nig but does anyone have the chemical weapons infograph? Its the one where they talk about scuba suits for protection and just how dumb tying to make stuff like that is.

Yeah.

specific to head placement: youtube.com/watch?v=DJTN82AYcqU
Also when shooting standing put the buttstock of the gun high enough on your shoulder so that when you raise the rifle the stock naturally comes to your face. If you have to lean your head down you're doing it wrong. Unless it's a big boy caliber, then put the buttstock right below the collar bone in the pocket.

The less gear the better. If you're not wearing anything, and unarmed you're just a random civilian again.

I think I have a long neck or something.
If I do that then just the bottom tip end of the stock sits there.

Have a couple guides but you need an advanced lab knowledge aswell as full nbc body protection, military-issue drugs, and a shit ton of costly and regulated lab equipement.

If you only want to protect yourself there's cheap full nbc suits and gas masks around, even surplus can be useful as far as it has a good seal. Don't go cheap on filters, that's your priority.

I recently picked up some used SKS stripper clips and I've been trying to find information about the markings on one of them. All of the ones I bought are blued except one which isn't finished at all and is simply bare metal. The only marking on it is "III" stamped on the back of it in the center at a 45 degree angle. Can't find anything about it; could be milsurp or repro for all I know. Anyone know anything about it?

i'm assuming it's best practice to remove a red dot and magnifier before transporting an AR in a soft draco case, right? it's really snug in the case at the top if i leave the optics mounted on the rifle. do these things return to zero easily? i suppose it's a live/learn sort of thing

I leave my optics on. Ive got two rifles in a soft drago case. They are both fine and remain on zero.

I was listening to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=rpu7RKVX8nU
...and I was curious about something.

How the hell did anyone operate in such a loud environment without any hearing protection back then?
Is complete hearing loss common amongst infantry and artillerymen?

Attached: Kurz_and_Allison_-_Battle_of_Franklin,_November_30,_1864.jpg (1478x1100, 2.36M)

Just recently stripped my m39 mosin bolt to clean. When done I put it back together but when I open the action it feels way too stiff now. Wasn't like this before. I know I prob screwed up putting it together, anyone know how?

I think maybe I didnt screw the firing pin enough (although is screwed it pretty tight, maybe go tighter?)

>How the hell did anyone operate in such a loud environment without any hearing protection back then?
mind over matter
>Is complete hearing loss common amongst infantry and artillerymen?
yep, still is

In an insurgency there wouldn't be any surgery so armor means fuckall.

In the old days "mother of pearl grips" were made from actual mother of pearl.

is Promag good or bad?
wanna get one of their 10 round G43 magazines for taking to the range

>if you get shot in say the arm as an insurgent your dead.
wrong, everything about your post is complete trash

but user, he has 10 years of experience as a certified office chair combat veteran

thanks user - i might get a 10rd magazine to use when storing the rifle in the case, so the velcro straps exert less force on the optics. a smaller magazine will allow more slack in the velcro straps. that said, the straps run right up along the magnifier i'm not sure how this can be good. i'll get a pelican

Nvm...think I just didnt grease the bolt follower...runs like it used to again

Is the twin 1911 legal in NY?
I mean it holds 14+2, so maybe no, but the mags are both only 7rds, so maybe yes?

old promag is 100% shit
new promag seems to have gotten it together for the most part but at the same time its still promag
spend money on oem

Back in ye olde days, how were pearl grips made? I know all the cheap pearl grips today is just some kinda epoxy that gives off that kind of nascene(?) shine, but surely this shit didn't exist back in the day....so how did they make them?

Pic related, it's an example of modern epoxy "pearl" grips

Attached: browning-hi-power-kirinite-antique-pearl-grips.jpg (458x458, 35K)

I have no interest in making bioweapons I just thought the infograph was funny.

either they had a big shell for the whole piece or they had a bunch of smaller shells crushed up and glued together. both qualified as mother of pearl
the big shell would be much more expensive.

anyone got any information/pics of early flashbangs? or about the L1A1 grenade discharger?
Trying to find info on european weapons is a pain in the ass, especially when shit is locked behind some gay forum

Attached: Old Flashbang.jpg (393x740, 153K)

Glock 45 barrel less than 3k rds

Attached: CAEBB11D-BD9A-45A5-BE48-457877AB07DE.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

Federal law states I can't buy a handgun if I'm not 21, but state law states that I can. Which takes precedence? I want to say state law because muh federalism but on the other hand gun stores tend to cuck out and abide by federal law above all else.

Attached: que.png (328x264, 37K)

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.57M)

Federal law almost always overrides state and local laws, barring special exceptions.

I agree he's an idiot.

But in a situation like that, armor is fuckall unless you're expecting something to happen. walking around with an extra 50lbs comes down to a lot of extra food and water as well as pain.

huh crushing them up and gluing them together makes sense, can't imagine any shell big or thick enough you can get even one whole grip from it. Guess that's why you seem them more on smaller pistols or old revolvers since the grips aren't as thick or large

>can't imagine any shell big or thick enough you can get even one whole grip from it.
abalone

Fed law on age restriction only applies to an FFL selling the gun to you, as I understand it. Do a private purchase.

Does anyone have a link to a compiled archive full of links as to why guns are ultimately good? Might have been a google doc or something like that, can't remember right now. Was going to try to use some of the sources there as sources for an argument.

What's the cheapest acceptable semi auto shotgun with a tube magazine? Nothing fancy, but rugged enough to stick around for a few decades of light use.

Attached: 1548530268485.jpg (640x640, 48K)

That definitely doesn't deserve its own thread, but it's also not a question...
Digits checked, though.

What do his ribbons mean?

Attached: Last.Flag.Flying.2017.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8.avi_snapshot_01.56.21.jpg (720x384, 137K)

Federal law also says you only need to be 18 to posses a handgun, so you can legally make your own from polymer 80 kit.

Anyone know where i can get some kind of prc-152 to aux adapter for this cable? Its attached to an old vehicle crew helmet.

Attached: 20190511_152644.jpg (3264x1836, 1003K)

Purple Heart Medal (wounded in combat)
Combat Action Ribbion (participated in combat/war zone)
National Defense Medal (was in the regular military during designated war time)
Vietnam Service Medal (did a tour in Vietnam during the war)
Sea Service Deployment (probably did fleet duty at some time, wasn't a Marine so I'm not sure of award criteria)
Vietnam Campaign Medal (Foreign award from Vietnam gov given to troops for service in the war)

They're made from oyster shells

I'm looking for a bolt action rifle with iron sights that's not in a giant safari cartridge. Any recommendations? Budget in the 2k range. I'd like something like a ruger m77 but higher quality.

Is that wear normal?

Best bulk 5.56/.223 ammo?

On Gen5 it is.

That wear pattern's normal in all generations, but different finishes take more or less rounds for it to show up. Gen5 shows up pretty fast.

I'm looking at buying a bolt action to get into hunting soon, but I can't decide between 7mm08 and 6.5 Creedmoor. It'll be used for stalking (not stand shooting ever) red, fallow, and wapiti deer, pigs, and potentially tahr and chamois in the future. It'll most likely be a Howa M1500 with a suppressor mounted. Is there any point in going for the slightly smaller Creedmoor? It seems like 7mm08 is already pretty flat shooting within 400m.

Get a Tikka T3x in 6.5CM and use the other $1000 on an optic.

That's not even remotely what I want.

Can I put paint or tape on 12 gauge shells to identify which load they are or will it not fit?

Why aren't double rifles made in smaller cartridges at more reasonable prices for more hunting markets? I understand the expansive history they have for killing African asshole animals but it seems like a two round break action wouldn't be expensive to make if not adorned in silver and shit like modern luxury double rifles are made.

Isn't a bolt gun more complicated? Those are made at extremely cheap prices and smooth bore double shotguns are some of the cheapest long guns you can buy.

Tldr why didn't the double rifle catch on to more markets.

The tape would add a good bit of thickness to the shell and probably get stuck. The tape might also come off and jam shells up that are trying to be inserted (especially in semi auto shotguns). Just use sharpie or something like that.

PMC bronze, wolf gold, sometimes distributors get palettes of military surplus ammo and sell it for pretty cheap
just use a colored sharpie
think about how hard it is from a manufacturing perspective to accurately align two barrels stuck to each other to hit anywhere near the same one sight

What flip up sights are these?

Attached: https___s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com_the-drive-cms-content-staging_message-editor%2F1557529432178-asse (1200x801, 126K)

Magpul mbus PROS. They are steel

Thanks!

Attached: very-nice-www.imagedunia.com_.jpg (250x320, 17K)

>50lbs of armor
>50
What is this the fucking 1940's? You wearing armor to protect yourself from flak cannons? There is both lvl IV armor plates and plate carriers that are light enough to give you a full front, back, and side protection for around 20.

I have them and the mbus 2.0
The 2.0 is polymer. And if it matters to you. They are spring loaded, and flip up with the push of a button.
The Mbus Pros do not. They have to be flipped up by hand. The Pros look better and are slimmer. The mbus 2.0 are slightly wider.

Paid 495 for a Russian-captured 98k today, has SS markings and a super clean barrel. All visible markings matched up. Did I get fucked, or is that a fair price? Photograph relative.

Attached: B88CC7B8-6347-41F3-B150-D58D6685BFA6.jpg (4032x3024, 1.48M)

Thanks for the info, I'm attempting to recreate that particular rifle (GAU-5a survival rifle) as close as reasonably practicable

Somewhat recently picked up a Mosin and finally took it out earlier today. It seems the elevation slider is loose and every time I shoot it jumps to roughly the 3.5 mark, pic related. I think it's the piece that slots in the notches that's broken/worn. Anyone else had this issue, if so should I just replace the entire rear sight or just the suspected broken bit?

Attached: 20190511_213102.jpg (2173x1640, 1.97M)

How do you feel about dual wielding in works of fiction? Ok because it looks cool, or not ok because it's stupid?

Attached: Matrix-Shootout.jpg (700x354, 70K)

Probably a loose spring, p sure you can replace the part. If not the sights are cheap too

To clarify, serial numbers don’t match, but everything is consistent with the story of the rifle

Depends on the context of the media. If it's high-fantasy fiction that isn't meant to be particularly immersive like the Matrix, sure, it's cool. If it's a John Wick film that has some sense of reality, it'd definitely dampen my enjoyment.

Where the fuck are 120mm Mortars organized within a unit? Are they a Battalion asset, or a Brigade asset? As far as I know, when it comes to mortars. Is that each rifle company has 61mm mortars, and each Battalion has 81mm mortars within the weapons company...So where the fuck do 120mm mortars fit in?

Attached: lol what am I suppose to do with pewpew in wort wort.jpg (1000x561, 39K)

I watched a YouTube video of a 375 cheytac hit a 70 pound doe at 50 yards away. The deer jumped like it was spooked, causally trotted up a hill for another 50 yards before dropping dead.

How the fuck did such a powerful cartridge not immediately drop the animal? It was a good lung shot.

Is HSM ammunition any good?

Who makes good low power fixed magnification scopes? I need something very sturdy to go on a 45 70 government lever gun that I use as a bear gun. I don't want an ACOG due to the hight and weight of it.

>lung shot
There's your answer. Firepower is hitting the target. Which means the heart or the aorta. Pic related -- I used a mere 25-06 and dropped a huge whitetail in her tracks.

Burris Scout Scope springs to mind. You'll have to stick a pickatinny mount on your levergat and put it forward of the receiver, but then you can keep both eyes open.

Attached: whitetail doe montana 2012.jpg (1024x768, 207K)

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Dudes getting flung back out a window from a shotgun blast is pure Hollywood. As for the lung shot, bullets sometimes just make tiny holes, that and adrenaline can be a weird motherfucker.

Thank you.

When you use a gun in self defense the cops take it for evidence right? Do cops steal the nice guns from evidence lockers? How hard is it to get your funs back?

t. thinks guns work by instantly dropping people like in cawwa doody

Even back then people in artillery regiments would plug their ears with cotton. But for the most part people just went fucking deaf.

Mr. Double trips, are you asking if that wear is normal? If so yes.

Ayy yo I gotcha famalam.
rockislandauction.com/detail/1022/3355/two-boxed-baikal-side-by-side-rifles-

Wherever the fuck they want

The 6.5 is flatter shooting and is still good for the game you’re going after, the 7mm-08 is gonna be a bit overkill for some of those animals

Bros...

I fucked up and was showing my buddy my VZ-58 drunk and for some reason decided to disassemble it and I put the striker in wrong.
Now the bolt carrier, striker, and bolt assembly are fucking stuck in the receiver. They slide back and forth but won't come out.
I literally put in the striker upside down...

I woke up and instantly realized how retarded I was. I got super confident and didn't think a simple commie rifle could be ruined by simply doing reassembly incorrectly.

Does anybody know what i can do or will i need to take it to a gunsmith?
The thing that is preventing me from pulling the bolt carrier out is the striker isn't seated properly and won't budge.
I can slide it back and forth but it won't pop out.
This was my first gun too. A CSA VZ-58

Backers, no.
However comma
DO NOT PUT THE BACKERS IN FRONT OF YOUR PLATE. The plate will not shatter if it catches shrapnel, and if it does, the IIIA wouldn't have stropped it.

If I special order a gun from a local store, can they only get things that are in their normal network or can they get basically anything new?

What's the advantage of fixed rifle scopes over a variable? Why would you ever want a 4x fixed over a 1-4 or a fixed 6x over a 3-9. I'm excluding military fixed optics like ACOGs because I get the durability aspect if it.

Nice

Repeatability/consistency. If it's the same every time, you don't waste time tweaking it.

Remember when you were a child and your grandfather couldn't hear anything you said? It's because when he was shooting nips in the war he wasn't wearing ear plugs and that made him go fucking deaf.

Fixed optics require less lenses and mechanical components/moving parts. In the civilian world this translates to superior performance per dollar in most cases (better light transmission and overall picture quality - see reviews of SWFA's fixed SS scopes vs identically priced variable scopes that have a max at the same magnification) and in military less shit to break

Anyone know how to remove bow-string-wax from a laminate wooden box?

*bow

When in doubt, brute force it.
Are you having a stroke?

Thoughts on this G2S? Never bought a Taurus. The .22 is just another for the collection.

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-101444_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x1645, 396K)

LGS employee here, sold a lot of these still haven't heard anything too bad. Still wouldn't recommend any of their revolvers to people but YMMV.

waste of $280

How often should you clean your carry pistol without firing it? and/or is there any way to keep lint from getting inside?

My main problem is that sometimes I don't really do any 'gun stuff' for months, and then I go to the range, and all my other stuff that was sitting in the safe or whatever is fine, but my carry pistol is all gummed up with I guess some kind of lint/oil gunk and it has problems cycling sometimes, and the magazine gets stuck trying to enter/exit the well because of all the crap in there. I know this is absolutely because of the lint and crap inside of there; because if I clean it before I go to the range, it is perfectly fine. same as if I'm going to the range more frequently, it's perfectly fine (because I regularly clean all my stuff AFTER going to the range). It's just extremely noticeable when taking that thing to the range for the first time after not shooting/cleaning it for a while, it's pretty janky. And I also understand that as my primary 'carry gun', this is extremely bad if I ever had to use it to defend myself and hadn't fired it in say 6 months and it can't get all the way through a single magazine without some kind of failure

Attached: 1556138113771.jpg (960x1435, 349K)

Need advice on a swap. I'm considering swapping a 1975 Type 56 SKS with a 30rnd mag and 270rnds of ammo for pic related. Good call or no?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-12-11-18-54.png (720x1280, 427K)

Am you this faggot?

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-125653_Google.jpg (1079x612, 289K)

if you want to lose $200 sure